AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 45 52.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 32.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 9.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-07, 13:39   Link #81
chaos_animagic

*mindbreak* Mikoto looks creepy-emo yet badass...

She should sign up to be the major villain instead.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 14:47   Link #82
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Note: I created a new thread
Methods and Possibilities for Defeating Accelerator [Speculation]

Some posts were moved there.
Old 2013-07-07, 15:38   Link #83
freeofgreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Note: I created a new thread
Methods and Possibilities for Defeating Accelerator [Speculation]

Some posts were moved there.
Are we allowed to reference the LN/Manga in that thread or no?
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 17:17   Link #84
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
If Misaka hacks the database to learn more about Accelerator she learns nothing other than the fact he's still unbeatable. At this point in time everyone is a pushover to Accelerator
I want to point out that if this arc does end happily then he isn't unbeatable. Otherwise, this arcs' ending is going to be hecka sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
*mindbreak* Mikoto looks creepy-emo yet badass...

She should sign up to be the major villain instead.
For some reason, I was thinking the same thing for a few moments.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 17:24   Link #85
Goldzero

loved it, this episode was amazing and bonus the fact that touma designs looks great(glad they upgraded it) and the gruesome death imouto 10031 had was unbearably painful to watch. i love how touma feels so different in railgun S he just feels so much more likable and more realistic. i be lieing if i say touma wasn't the most anticipated character for me in railgun. accelerator himself was amazing this episode but sadly im starting to have a hate/love relationship with him now seeing how gruesome he makes hes kills is enough to in flare me with so much rage that it almost made me rooted for that one scene in index season one where he technically almost got(you know by that one scientist) but none of the less he is still 3rd fav character and 2nd in the raildex series.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 19:00   Link #86
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
loved it, this episode was amazing and bonus the fact that touma designs looks great(glad they upgraded it) and the gruesome death imouto 10031 had was unbearably painful to watch. i love how touma feels so different in railgun S he just feels so much more likable and more realistic. i be lieing if i say touma wasn't the most anticipated character for me in railgun. accelerator himself was amazing this episode but sadly im starting to have a hate/love relationship with him now seeing how gruesome he makes hes kills is enough to in flare me with so much rage that it almost made me rooted for that one scene in index season one where he technically almost got(you know by that one scientist) but none of the less he is still 3rd fav character and 2nd in the raildex series.
Lol. That's your reaction after seeing an episode called Accelerator. I don't think Accelerator would like to see your reaction after an episode called evil Accelerator ...

This episode actually permanently changed my opinion. Accelerator became my #2 favorite character ahead of Mikoto and Mikoto and Hama---- are tied at #3. This is mainly because even though Mikoto has some really great scenes, Accelerator really is dealing with more troubles than her. Mikoto has had clones made of her which is very painful. Accelerator was forceably tricked into killing 10031 clones that are human. This is ridiculous. Do you know what this would do to his psychological state as soon as he realizes that the experiments and the civilian world are linked? See my massively long post for references to this fact.

I agree with you here about Touma. Touma is actually human not a God... well... yeah... But, Accelerator is pretty much blameless IMO. He didn't know he did wrong, how can you blame him? But he has to deal with it because he did it because that's just how life it. Is isn't what you meant to do. It's what you did. This is what makes this arc so good. The main villain here isn't even really a villain at all, but acts more villainous than most villains. This is the paradox that makes this arc so great from all of the angles. Mikoto, Accelerator, Touma, and the clones all have complex characters.... Well Touma's character isn't that complex yet, but seeing that the PV has him on the bridge next episode talking to Mikoto I am guessing that he does get a more complex character next episode.

Given that fact: this arc is amazing because it isn't black and white or 1-dimensional. Even the scientists don't really realize what they are doing is wrong as Nunotaba points out. They are bad, but mostly not exactly evil. But that's a whole other discussion. Even the clones are trying to kill Accelerator in each fight. So it's not like he's the own one trying to kill. In the first experiment. MISAKA 1 tried to kill Accelerator. The clones are trying to kill as well. How are they any better than Accelerator in this sense? They are ordered to try to kill him and they attempt to do it. Accelerator is just stronger. The clones are just as bad as Accelerator IMO. Accelerator just does worse things when he wins because of how his personality has been twisted in different ways. I really seem to think this arc highlights the best parts of Accelerator's character and makes him my #2 favorite character in raildex for now. It's mainly because I find that he is almost completely blameless, because anyone realistically wouldn't want to accept they are a killer if they just found out they were one of no fault of their own really... but were really one. Accelerator's response to this fact is just as bad as Mikoto's. For many real people it is a type of neuroticism to be able to separate yourself from events. You do it to protect your sanity. It's like Mikoto's experiences with her guilt. She is dealing with it neurotically. This mental instability might have to do with their increased powers, but that is mere speculation here. I really feel bad Accelerator is getting all of the hate that he does. He is really just stronger than the clones. I am sure he would stop fighting them as soon as they told him they didn't want to fight. That's what Nunotaba said to him. Clones obviously make the whole human rights thing mushy as an idea. The fact that this is a city of science obviously makes the issue all the more difficult to consider. If you are religious the answer is obvious, if not the answer is clearly open to interpretation.
Old 2013-07-07, 19:12   Link #87
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeofgreed View Post
Are we allowed to reference the LN/Manga in that thread or no?
It's a speculation thread primarily and it's in the anime section (not the manga/novel sections), so keep it to a bare minimum.
Old 2013-07-07, 19:29   Link #88
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's a speculation thread primarily and it's in the anime section (not the manga/novel sections), so keep it to a bare minimum.
Oh. I'll keep that in mind in future posts. By the way, I wanted to make sure: so when talking about Touma or any character here we can talk about Railgun specific tendencies of him in the episode discussion threads. This episode I tried to synthesize different things from earlier episodes of railgun S. Is this normally allowed/encouraged or would you prefer episode specific discussion? The reason I did it the way I did was because a lot of things from this episode seemed to shed some light on past events that had happened. The most important one in my opinion was why I think Accelerator didn't kill Mikoto in episode 5 (because then we wouldn't have a main character here ). Thanks in advance for your answer. I try as hard as possible to make my long posts not break any forum rules so that readers and I can get the most out of the forums.

I try to avoid bad posts as I am entering month 3 on the forum.
Old 2013-07-07, 19:52   Link #89
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
By the way, I wanted to make sure: so when talking about Touma or any character here we can talk about Railgun specific tendencies of him in the episode discussion threads.
Discussion in the episode threads should primarily relate to things shown in this episode or insights gained as a result of this episode, and should be in the context of the Railgun anime.

There are other threads for insights gained from the Index anime, the Railgun manga, and the Index novels.
Old 2013-07-08, 02:57   Link #90
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Now, that's just confusing. =_=

Anyway, looks like everyone has already talked about what happened.
And I'm still shaken by the events in the episode. I need something to dilute all that despair.

Oh, for those interested, the text below includes the graphic details of what Misaka 10031 looked like in the light novels. Please be warned, it's not pretty at all.

Spoiler for Snippet from Light Novels Volume 3:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 03:10   Link #91
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

This franchise would have a very different fanbase had they stuck through with every single one of those scenes.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-07-08 at 03:27.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 04:21   Link #92
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

When I look at how things are going, there are days when I wish Misaka would start killing people involved in that madness. Such scene would be powerful if at every single time, the scientist begs for mercy and says that he/she has a family before Mikoto doesn't give a damn anymore and then electrocutes the person to death on the spot. The chief scientist in the research network deserves to die anyway.

All of that to say that this series is making quite a buildup for fans to wish Mikoto spilling blood on the other side.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-07-08 at 04:39.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 04:45   Link #93
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
When I look at how things are going, there are days when I wish Misaka would start killing people involved in that madness. Such scene would be powerful if at every single time, the scientist begs for mercy and says that he/she has a family before Mikoto doesn't give a damn anymore and then electrocutes the person to death on the spot. The chief scientist in the research network deserves to die anyway.

All of that to say that this series is making quite a buildup for fans to wish Mikoto spilling blood on the other side.
Mikoto becoming like Mugino is what you desire ?
Old 2013-07-08, 05:03   Link #94
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mikoto becoming like Mugino is what you desire ?
Well, after what those crazy scientists did, it's hard not to when it comes to how to drop the hammer on them.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 05:10   Link #95
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Well, after what those crazy scientists did, it's hard not to when it comes to how to drop the hammer on them.
That's not the point- its what Mikoto would become.

Someone who doesn't have to follow the law to get what she wants, and if it costs a few lives so be it- just justify it away.

Those other Level 5s probably started that way as well.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-07-08 at 05:22.
Old 2013-07-08, 05:43   Link #96
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's not the point- its what Mikoto would become.

Someone who doesn't have to follow the law to get what she wants, and if it costs a few lives so be it- just justify it away.

Those other Level 5s probably started that way as well.
Sunk into the depths of DESPAIR.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 05:49   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Sunk into the depths of DESPAIR.
Heh, maybe JC Staff will see that more people responded favorably to all this despair than their SOL fluff and we'll get more of them in the future
Old 2013-07-08, 05:50   Link #98
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Indeed, Mikoto's current state is very similar to most of the villains we meet in ToAru.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 06:29   Link #99
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Now, that's just confusing. =_=

Anyway, looks like everyone has already talked about what happened.
And I'm still shaken by the events in the episode. I need something to dilute all that despair.

Oh, for those interested, the text below includes the graphic details of what Misaka 10031 looked like in the light novels. Please be warned, it's not pretty at all.

Spoiler for Snippet from Light Novels Volume 3:
I thought you might find this interesting because you do know the details... I've seen this episode 9 times. There are a few frames if you pause it where you see exactly what you described. You see that exact scene. It is in there. It's only there though if you pause it... So Railgun S really actually put that in... I was pretty surprised, but I wasn't sure anyone else would really notice... so I didn't originally mention it. I hope that shakes up your guys's discussion/opinions because in reality they showed all of it. It was all there for a split-second...

I don't think I can find the pic online anywhere... but I'll try to post it on TAMNI wikia and use that link... if I can eventually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Indeed, Mikoto's current state is very similar to most of the villains we meet in ToAru.
Yes, this is somewhat how I feel. They do bad things because they have been driven to do them and are normally good people. In that context, I don't see why Mikoto should be special if every other one of the villains they face has similar circumstances that cause the villains to undergo similar turmoil. If people pity Mikoto here, they should in fact pity all Toaru villains a lot... that is... I don't think Mikoto is in the right here.... But she is doing her best... I guess... I am not happy with her actions... but there are 24 episodes in Railgun S... she became a villain in 13 episodes, she can undo it hopefully in another 11...
Old 2013-07-08, 11:30   Link #100
Destined_Fate

It's because Mikoto has friends and Touma that she doesn't end up like them.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood bath