Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-07, 02:21   Link #1601
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Yeah, I'm personally really wanting to know what the upper peoples' goals are, and what the Twin Horn Syndicate's goals are. At this point we know ... that they are being all Machiavelli and manipulating people and not really WHY.
That's mainly Genji and Yashamaru/Shidou, though Takiko's hands are hardly clean either. We have hints gotten towards what Takiko and her two Shikigami are after which is supposedly something Yakou and the Souma attempted in the past. Genji's alignment with them is the bigger mystery since he doesn't exactly come across as Yakou devotee, but shares their interest in wanting his return.

My speculation is it relates to what happened during the Great Spiritual Disaster that Yakou caused at the end of WWII, events surround that catastrophe have been strangely murky. The story also implies that Souma Clan vanished from the public after this event despite their political power...

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-07 at 11:21.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 23:52   Link #1602
Frontier

Man, it was tough seeing Harutora so torn up over Natsume's death, and going a little manic over wanting to bring her back. I can only hope he'll be able to reel in his emotions enough so he doesn't do something incredibly rash in trying to revive her, and potentially help the antagonists with their plan. Still, though, poor Harutora .

While it's a shame that the armor from the last episode was anime-original, I think this episode did a good job of showing how the Raven's Coat itself is actually pretty cool and quite effective in a fight. I'm definitely hoping for Harutora to make good use of it when he gets it back .

So Harutora still hasn't properly revived as Yakou, though I wonder if that'll continue up until the end. I guess a better question would be, if Yakou is revived, what happens to Bakatora ?

Suzuka's reaction to her dad being alive was about what I expected, especially after all he's done to her. Here's hoping she can get some payback, and possibly some more cute Dere moments with Harutora, before the series ends .

Though I am a little interested in learning more about Suzuka's mother, what she was like, and whether Dairenji actually gave a darn about her. Though the latter doesn't seem very likely...

So Kyouko has possibly unlocked a new ability that mysteriously focuses on Tenma. And speaking of, he seemed a little off in this episode. I wouldn't say Tenma's a wimp, but he seemed just a bit too forceful when it came to his conversation with Touji, and a bit too hesitant when it came to rescuing Harutora. And Takiko is still out there somewhere .

Well, Yasazumi, I can't say you're endearing yourself that much too me when the people who raised Harutora are mourning Natsume more than you seem to be .

So we have Ohtomo teaming up with Doman to take on the Onmyo Agency, Kagami being brought in to deal with the former to his delight, Harutora's crew also planning on springing him from custody, and Suzu still a variable. Tokyo Ravens is certainly gearing for an action-packed finale, though I have to wonder who Harutora will ultimately go up against... Genji, or Takiko?
Old 2014-03-11, 10:57   Link #1603
Avaricia
My Lord

That Caesar Zeppeli bubble water gun... Harutora's technique was so weak it made me laugh my ass of
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 11:02   Link #1604
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 22:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 12:33   Link #1605
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Such awesome episode. Though, I got a little too short when it comes to those fighting scenes. But, we get a lot of new information (the talk are too long).

Such a pretty nice thing that Harutora finally decided to do what is right and believe to Kon. And that scene with Touji suddenly showing up the end is so awesome!! I am now engraving to see the next episode!!! I hope Harutora's memories as Yakou come back soon before the anime ends. I want to see a badass Harutora >_<

Old 2014-03-11, 16:13   Link #1606
Quol
That Guy

Great episode, the smile that D had was awesome. I wonder if the battles with D and Ohtomo will be expanded next episode or will it just go to a Win/Lose situation.

Other than that even though Kon gave a pretty good speech she is still useless in actual combat </3
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 16:19   Link #1607
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Kon fulfilled her purpose as side character.

Quote:
Other than that even though Kon gave a pretty good speech she is still useless in actual combat </3
So is Harutora.
Old 2014-03-11, 16:38   Link #1608
Iron Maw
Banned

Gah, even with 4 episodes 8 bit is still rushing things and animation could have been in some places. =/ Still good episode overall.

And now you know what Taizan Fukun Ritual is, not spell but a branch of magic that deals in soul manipulation or Soul Magic.

Also Miyachi's pretty hax isn't he?

EDIT:

BTW, funi translator kinda fumed on this one, but the spell Yakou failed had nothing to do with Taizan Fukun Ritual, but rather it was something much greater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
She not useless in combat. Just like Hokuto recently, Kon has been against guys that are way beyond her level and experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
So is Harutora.
How so and compared to whom? I hope your not going to bring up Divine Generals or the Imperial Palbearers.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-11 at 17:25.
Old 2014-03-11, 16:38   Link #1609
Quol
That Guy

Harutora is pretty strong currently its just that he keeps facing people that are far superior. Kon however did not get any noticeable power up so from what i can see she still is at the level of Kyouko's shikigami. Well with everyone in the cast (except poor Tenma) getting power ups i'm sure hers will be something amazing.

Other than that i waas pretty surprised when Miyachi made the entire build catch on fire, OPness indeed.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 16:42   Link #1610
Iron Maw
Banned

Oh I guess you can take this as Amami being alive.
Old 2014-03-11, 16:56   Link #1611
ChampDream
Alive

awesome episode.
Harutora listen to Kon's words and saw what was right, I'm guessing that maybe Kon finally going to get a power up soon.
it was nice to know Amani is not dead and also that last scene with Touji was really cool.
Old 2014-03-11, 16:57   Link #1612
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Oh I guess you can take this as Amami being alive.
Yeah, since that fan, that way of speaking and that voice!! HE IS DEFINITELY ALIVE!! BANZAI!!!
Old 2014-03-11, 17:15   Link #1613
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
awesome episode.
Harutora listen to Kon's words and saw what was right, I'm guessing that maybe Kon finally going to get a power up soon.
it was nice to know Amani is not dead and also that last scene with Touji was really cool.
What was nice about the speech aside from the non-cliched way it was approached was that showed not only the ways Kon is willing protect Harutora, but how far. Usually under any circumstances a Master's orders to his shikigami are absolute in a contract especially in decisions, but in order to continue to guard Harutora she directly disobeyed him firmly for the first time.

Kon didn't stop him from going through with Taizan Fukun Ritual, but she wanted him do it on own his conditions and terms without being manipulated regardless of it's outcome for his and Natsume's sake.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-11 at 17:26.
Old 2014-03-11, 17:28   Link #1614
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
How so and compared to whom? I hope your not going to bring up Divine Generals or the Imperial Palbearers.
Who cares who his opponent is. A win is a win. A loss is a loss. He had his whole life to train a little bit harder. He had an entire night to get over his emo and plan escaping or try to screw his captives, if only a little.

I didn't mean useless in combat as in dumb, I just meant useless in combat. Not trying harder for many many years does not mean he gets free pass.

What magic ranke they have doesn't matter. If you can't beat them at their own game screw them some other way.
Old 2014-03-11, 17:37   Link #1615
Ickarium

That's very easy to say, but while this is fiction, Harutora isn't getting plot immunity to be able to screw them. You can't always win. This isn't a series where the protagonist gets bullshit coincidences to let him show how smart he is. (Which is how most 'uber-smart and tricksy' protagonists get their wins).
Old 2014-03-11, 17:43   Link #1616
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
That's very easy to say, but while this is fiction, Harutora isn't getting plot immunity to be able to screw them. You can't always win. This isn't a series where the protagonist gets bullshit coincidences to let him show how smart he is. (Which is how most 'uber-smart and tricksy' protagonists get their wins).
Like I said I'm not saying he's bad or stupid.

I'm just saying he lost and he didn't really try until Kon snapped it out of him.

Kon tried her hardest at least.
Old 2014-03-11, 17:44   Link #1617
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Who cares who his opponent is. A win is a win. A loss is a loss. He had his whole life to train a little bit harder. He had an entire night to get over his emo and plan escaping or try to screw his captives, if only a little.

I didn't mean useless in combat as in dumb, I just meant useless in combat. Not trying harder for many many years does not mean he gets free pass.

What magic ranke they have doesn't matter. If you can't beat them at their own game screw them some other way.
Um... you do realize he just started learning magic year ago right? Prior to this he was kept out of any magic related matters at all. Even if he was allowed to train his powers were sealed with a curse. You act as if as soon you studied sorcery for a brief moment your suddenly on par wit top mages in community.

Also by your logic Douman is weaker than Ohtomo because he lost, which is ridiculous. Especially when former was fooling around with the later half the time.

Quote:
Like I said I'm not saying he's bad or stupid.

I'm just saying he lost and he didn't really try until Kon snapped it out of him.

Kon tried her hardest at least.
These are two completely different things. From a logic a standpoint going a long with Genji and Shidou aims might have been because even with Kon's proposal, it still doesn't change he doesn't have much time.
Old 2014-03-11, 17:48   Link #1618
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Magic has nothing to do with it. He's their objective, if he doesn't cooperate, they lose. If he tries to escape and hides, they lose. etc.

Was there any magic involved in the discussion he had with them and when he almost turned to their side?
Old 2014-03-11, 17:54   Link #1619
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Magic has nothing to do with it. He's their objective, if he doesn't cooperate, they lose. If he tries to escape and hides, they lose. etc.

Was there any magic involved in the discussion he had with them and when he almost turned to their side?
So what does have anything to do with his combat skills? It's not like he gave up or anything.
Old 2014-03-11, 17:55   Link #1620
Ickarium

Yes, actually, if you pay attention to blurbs at the start. Y'know, magic is a lie and such. Magic isn't always spells and incantations. It draws a parallel very strongly with Touji, and how Harutora 'cast a spell' on him by being his friend.

They knew JUST how to hit him when he was emotionally distraught. In this series, that sort of thing is magic of a sort just as much as the simple manipulation of spirit energy.

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen, supernatural anime