AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-02-20, 16:36   Link #1
Yellow Flash
Banned

[Manga] The Strongest Hokage

It is interesting to note that it was never stated as a fact that Sandaime was the strongest Hokage.

Iruka said he was the "strongest of all", meaning stronger than his competition (Suna Kage, Iwa Kage, ...).

Iruka didn't say: "This is the Sandaime, even stronger than our hero, the Fourth".

Sandaime would never have approved of such biased thinking.

-

Last edited by Yellow Flash; 2006-02-25 at 15:59.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 16:39   Link #2
ri0

No one said that or attacked The Fourth so why are you starting a thread?

BTW: Yonadime isn't the stongest... Asuma is.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 16:43   Link #3
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Chouji was the physically strongest person among the rescue team.

Didn't know Iruka ever said the 3rd was the strongest. Even if he did, and your point about Iruka being biased stands, wouldn't that go for Jirayia's statement as well?
Old 2006-02-20, 16:49   Link #4
Yogi

Well, the Kyuubi attacked when Iruka was young, so he grew up for most of his life under the Old Sandaime. However, Old Sandaime had to have been weaker than Yondaime since he abdicated the position. Hence the strongest comment would have had to be about Young Sandaime, someone who Iruka never really served under.

Then there's also Orochimaru's "God of all Shinobi" comment. That's a lot more impressive than the other nicknames "Yellow Flash", "Green Beast", "Copy Ninja" etc.

As for Choji being the strongest, Choji does output more raw power casualy than Neji does. Even his no-pill Meat Tank was able to shatter huge bolders, while Neji never demonstrated that much raw destructive capabilities. Naruto could have been stronger, but Shikamaru never witnessed any of Naruto's major feats (Gamabunta, Rasengan, Nisen Rendan etc.)
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 16:51   Link #5
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Chouji was the physically strongest person among the rescue team.
Shikamaru didn't say this, he flatly stated Chouji would be the strongest ninja.
Even if this is what Shikamaru meant, I could only laugh because then the same would apply to Iruka.
Being the physically strongest doesn't mean you would win, as proven by Kisame and Itachi.

@Yogi: The "God of Shinobi" argument is so lame that I didn't even bother to mention this. But you did.
So, to explain this to you: A nickname is not a measure of strength, especially not compared to others.

Jiraiya is called the Insanity of Konoha.

Please enlighten us...how strong is Jiraiya compared to say Sakumo (White Fang)?

You wouldn't know? Not surprising. Since those are just nicknames. Duh.
Old 2006-02-20, 16:55   Link #6
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Talk about obsession.

Anyway Sarutobi being known as the strongest Hokage and Yondaime being the greatest Shinobi according to Jiraiya isn't necessarily a contradiction.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 15:19   Link #7
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi
Then there's also Orochimaru's "God of all Shinobi" comment. That's a lot more impressive than the other nicknames "Yellow Flash", "Green Beast", "Copy Ninja" etc.
Did you say" God of All Shinobi" is a better title than the "Green Beast of Konoha" ???

HERESY lol

My personal opinion is that they were all very very close in level to each other.

From what I've seen so far, I really want to say the first b/c mokuton jutsu is just so strong and nasty boys hahaha.

I'm just guessing that Sandaime was the strongest personal opinion (so don't flame me for what I'm saying and about to say) Enma said he could've killed Oro when he caught him underground (and did Oro confirm??). Sandaime seemed pretty old than and past his prime and Oro looked Yondaime's age around that time. I'm just guessing that Oro was very comparable to Yondaime's ability strength when they were the same age ie Yondaime @ 25 = Oro @ 25, so I'm GUESSING that Sandaime would've been better than Yondaime (to whatever age yondy got to) in his/sandaime's prime.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 18:25   Link #8
gameoffreak8

I think Yondaime and Sandaime are strongest of Hokage and they have equal power.
gameoffreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 18:40   Link #9
Yellow Flash
Banned

The talent and creative jutsu that Yondaime has shown.
The fact that even Sandaime looked up to him.
The fact that even Sandaime learned new jutsu from him.

All this is completely ignored by those who think Sandaime was stronger.

-

Last edited by Yellow Flash; 2006-02-25 at 16:10.
Old 2006-02-24, 20:29   Link #10
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
Sarutobi is the greatest Shinobi ever, period.

He was known as the Professor for knowing every single jutsu in Konoha. He was refered to as the God of Shinobi.

Not to mention the fact that Yondaime was only picked because Orochimaru was evil, otherwise Orochimaru would have become Hokage. That was flat out stated in the series.

Orochimaru is better then all the current characters, he's a 'genius that only comes along once every 40 or 50 years'. Last I checked he's only 50 at the start of the series, so every character in the series<Orochimaru.

And even he admitted that if Sarutobi was yonger he could have won.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 04:42   Link #11
Rachy
Disabled By Request

okay this seems like deja vu...

Its stated as a fact that yondaime is the greatest shinobi in history.

Iruka's comment doesnt compare to jiraiya's in anyway.

Orochimaru doesnt compare to young 3rd, and even the jiraiya of now could beat orochimaru.

Also theres no evidence that a young sarutobi could seal a demon like the kyuubi, its pretty much smack-in-the-face clear that yondaime is the strongest person ... really..
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 06:14   Link #12
Blaster

Sealing Kyuubi doesn't mean he is the strongest. Yondaime just happen to create/know the jutsu for sealing Kyuubi. His chakra limits, speed(w/o jutsu) and raw strength may be lower than the rest of the Hokages.

In short there is no way to compare the Hokages because nobody has seen the Hokages fight among each other before.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 06:26   Link #13
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Sealing Kyuubi doesn't mean he is the strongest. Yondaime just happen to create/know the jutsu for sealing Kyuubi. His chakra limits, speed(w/o jutsu) and raw strength may be lower than the rest of the Hokages.
Yes it does, He just so happened to know/create the jutsu? what kinda lame excuse is that -_-;;. Chakra limits ... well he managed to summon Gama Bunta and Then perform various seals with enough chakra to seal the kyuubi, and develop such skills as rasengan and what not, I'd say he had his fair share of it.

Secondly his speed would of been extremely high in the first place to be able to use jutsu's like "body flicker", theres no indication any other hokage is that quick either.

And raw strength ... well i guess thats iffy i guess?

Either way, The 4th would be the strongest in terms of if they were in a fight the fourth could probably beat all 3 at the same time
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 11:32   Link #14
Yellow Flash
Banned

I agree with Uchiha rave. And since some people like to brag about "God of Shinobi"...
Who is the one who created jutsu that have mysterious links to gods?
That was Yondaime. Hiraishin is the Thunder God, Shiki Fuuin is the Death God.
Not to mention that we have just seen a glimpse of a dead Yondaime. His real power is unknown.

As for "Sandaime is the strongest of all"? Didn't Kishimoto say that Yondaime's power is unrivalled?
Yes, he did. Moreover, Yondaime was chosen to be the greatest ninja in everyone's eyes, not Sandaime.
This was clearly seen in the last chapter of part one.
Old 2006-02-25, 11:47   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Yes it does, He just so happened to know/create the jutsu? what kinda lame excuse is that -_-;;. Chakra limits ... well he managed to summon Gama Bunta and Then perform various seals with enough chakra to seal the kyuubi, and develop such skills as rasengan and what not, I'd say he had his fair share of it.

Its is not certain that Chakra or Power has anything to do with how well Death God Jutsu Works, for all we know, Death god can take the soul of any opponent regrdless of the strenght of the being that the Shinoby wants to seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
As for "Sandaime is the strongest of all"? Didn't Kishimoto say that Yondaime's power is unrivalled?
Well he also said in a First page poetry that NAruto's growt "have surpassed Inmagination"... When Sakura is the one who has so far done this...and we have yet to see Sasuke.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 12:29   Link #16
Yellow Flash
Banned

"Well he also said in a First page poetry that NAruto's growt "have surpassed Inmagination"... When Sakura is the one who has so far done this...and we have yet to see Sasuke."

What? I don't see any possible way to counter such a statement.
And yes, Naruto has grown a lot, unless he was asleep for three years.
Old 2006-02-25, 13:12   Link #17
ri0

Are Fanboy-Threads allowed^^
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 13:18   Link #18
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
The 'unrivaled' comment came on a cover page.

Another cover page states that Neji is 'a shinobi without equal'. Guess that means Neji is stronger then the 4th. But wait, the 4th is unrvialed. But Neji is unequaled.

And Neji lost to Kisame...

Cover page comments about strength can't be taken literally, its just meant to show that a character is impressive, nothing more.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 13:20   Link #19
Yellow Flash
Banned

Sorry to disappoint, but "A shinobi without equal" doesn't mention strength or power.
Old 2006-02-25, 13:39   Link #20
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

That's priceless, do you think it's about Neji's ability to cook?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote