AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 21:53   Link #2901
Breidaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrator 1 View Post
Hi, it's me again. I'm still working on Chapter 4 (Homura I), but it's slower going than usual thanks to some unexpected computer problems. My own computer's in the shop to replace a shot motherboard; and while I have the file on a thumb drive and am working at the local library, the library's computers only allow two hours a day.
where are you posting them?
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 22:02   Link #2902
tsunade666

^ His story are posted in fanfiction.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8056862/...-no-Monogatari

I love his story and still waiting for his update -_-

tsun
Old 2013-02-14, 16:06   Link #2903
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

One year ago... I pitched an idea to Mr.Kyon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon
Quote:
Hey. I know you’re probably busy writing that Yuriko fic for Valentine’s, but...

I was wondering if you could give life to one of my ideas.

In the end, it seems like you’d be the most appropriate person to go to for this...
Shoot, but it'll cost you, boy.
Alright.

I’ve basically written out an outline, and that’s pretty much where it ends for me. I’ve never been good at fleshing things out, and for some reason, I don’t really care much to do so. As it is, it’s just an outline.

It gets a little lengthy, so bare with me here.

[REDACTED]
Oh, interesting, and it doesn't sound very complicated to do with such a clear outline. Sure, I'll do it when my Yuriko one-shot is done (I'd say it's halfway done and I was doing some scripting for [REDACTED] whilst.).

However, I better get my glorious scene with WORST y'hear?

I-I'm still h-heartbroken...
Since nothing's come out of it so far, wonder if it'll be alright to post the outline here...
Old 2013-02-14, 17:18   Link #2904
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^I thought about writing it for you this year. Unfortunately it has become impossible for me to write a paragraph or two of a story before my brain jolts and I throw it in the thrash bin. Try being naturally depressive in a god forsaken arctic hellhole; add SAD to that, and you get writer's block akin to the worst constipation imaginable.

Sorry for failing you Rubix-chan

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 17:49   Link #2905
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Sorry for failing you Rubix-chan
S'alright. I gave up as soon as I had the idea.

In any case, I think I'll go ahead and post the outline since... well...

It seems like an appropriate time to do so, I guess...
Old 2013-02-14, 18:01   Link #2906
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

February 7, 2012...

Quote:
I’ve basically written out an outline, and that’s pretty much where it ends for me. I’ve never been good at fleshing things out, and for some reason, I don’t really care much to do so. As it is, it’s just an outline.

It gets a little lengthy, so bare with me here.

Spoiler for :
Old 2013-03-16, 14:29   Link #2907
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

So this is empty.

So... is anyone per chance working on a crack pairing one-shot over hot coffee?

I dunno, just asking...

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 14:43   Link #2908
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
So this is empty.

So... is anyone per chance working on a crack pairing one-shot over hot coffee?

I dunno, just asking...
Spoiler for Crossover fukou da:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:04   Link #2909
tsunade666

what do you guys think of a crossover from Index and Campione?

and who will you pick from Index to be drifted into campione world?

I debating on picking the 3 heroes and rhinoceros beetle be drifted in campione world but I'm having problems on how will they ended up in that world. First I thought off in the end of WWIII but Kakine won't be the good rhinoceros beetle yet on that time but getting dark matter in campione world is pretty interesting. I also want Hamazura to have his dragon rider suit with him.
Old 2013-03-18, 14:13   Link #2910
uberchar

An index campione crossover actually came to mind when I started reading campione a few weeks ago. I got to the same problem as you lol

I thought of a possibility of Dark Matter creating a portal to other worlds since his ability defies the laws of physics
uberchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 14:27   Link #2911
Ilidsor
Angelerator

It would probably be easier if you had a magic side character do it. I'm sure you could just use magic based off of Hermes.

I've been thinking of doing one myself but I already have a fanfic ongoing (A Touma/Yuriko Medaka Box crossover where Kumagawa is the Number Six, if anyone's interested) right now, and I just had to let my other one go because of real life stuff.
Old 2013-03-18, 18:08   Link #2912
tsunade666

Dark matter is used for creating new stuff but how the hell it could explain parallel world works.

I first thought of Aiwass then the battle of Touma and Gabriel but if that happens its only Touma. Also I want to turn Hamazura with dragon rider as a campione. It would look awesome on that guy that he also reminds me of john pluto smith but with a badass rider suit and bike.
Old 2013-03-21, 05:20   Link #2913
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I only poke around on the wikia so I'm not sure if I have enough working knowledge of the To aru verse and timeline to help anyone out, let alone write my own fic.

But considering I want to take certain liberties I thought that maybe delving into things without knowing most of the rules would be better. Despite my lack of knowledge I'd love to discuss topics of fanfic creation.

The wielder of EoA is female and will be sticking to Touma. Mostly because her power is similar to his in ways that nobody can detect it, labeling her normal by magicians and level 0 by AC. The EoA has only one tell, that is the irises are pearl white. She wears contacts to hide the color and because they somehow seal away the visions. Even just normal glasses or looking through any transparent thing can seal them away. Not due to any mystic restriction but mostly because it sets her mind at ease. Kind of like a "self hypnosis fail safe". Touma can forcefully deactivate the visions and "through the rabbit hole" by covering her eyes with the IB
Is it a magic based on science based?

from your explanation on how it works. Its closely related to the way magic works or mystic works. Rather than science so if her ability is to be revealed. The major factions of the magic side would probably gang on her. Its either be killed or capture her or let her join them.

How will Touma meet her? a transfer student? I like romance story but I'm not confident that I can write it. I prefer action and battle story to write so what I'm planning is cross over with campione with the 3 heroes being sent back in time or on different world because the heroes failed on their attempt to stop othinus on using gungnir which ended up the world in chaos. Aiwass being the nonsensical bastard it is. Instead of letting them die. snap their body and souls back and send them through different worlds to find alternatives and way to beat othinus.
Old 2013-03-21, 05:20   Link #2914
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I now move the discussion about the Eyes of Alice over to the fanfic thread!

For now I just want to work out the major details that are important not to work against. For one I'd want to know the proper stances that each sect of the church would have against the EoA as well as AC's stance on it as EoA has basically achieved what the city's founder has wanted since time immemorial. Hence my comment before on the abilities thread about it ripping a hole in the plot.

What makes EoA somewhat under science is that it's a natural human ability. Basically an issue of psyche. Err... Alice Madness? The user has in a manner of speaking, regressed into a state where the world isn't filtered to a state where the mind perceives what should be important and what shouldn't be. It can see the AIM fields and energies of other users. Something I wanted the OC to use against accelerator. In a manner of speaking, EoA isn't purely mystical in nature, it is also biological.

How she meets Touma I haven't quite fixed yet but definitely not transfer student. Most likely the nondescript background classmate that was never mentioned. The character after all doesn't want to stand out. Her childhood is mostly hiding in her room trying to hide from the "visions". Everyone she had talked to it about either ridiculed her or thought she was crazy. Academy City sounded like a place that could help her so she told her parents that she wanted to study there.

EDIT: Erm... I guess the best way to describe Eyes of Alice is that it's primordial. A separate entity of its own not completely unlike the IB, but not identical to its nature either. Should another copy the eyes and transplant it into themselves, they'd just be transplanting part of it and the "decoder" is not included, causing a normal human mind to be overloaded with information even from a sealed state.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-21 at 05:35.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 06:18   Link #2915
tsunade666

so let me get it straight the eyes of Alice can only be used by that girl or the decoder because it works in pair? the eyes itself is transferable but you need a proper container that can contain the huge intake of information in split seconds. A container that won't gets its brain fried because of huge info dump. This sounds like a level 5 to me. Level 5 are considered better than super computer in terms of computing abilities. Specially Accelerator is considered the best brain in academy city from what I remember in vol 13 or is it in WW III arc or NT arc. Its around those time but I think I heard it from a Kihara so probably vol 13 but not sure anymore.

The meeting between Touma and the girl isn't yet establish but since she doesn't want to be know or identify. She doesn't want to stand out. So an accidental meeting or an incident that would lead to her using her ability will ensure or maybe Touma would ended up saving her but her ability itself will be kept hidden. Touma can be easily deceive when it comes to power curriculum theory. Touma isn't really that bad as a student. He is kinda smart in utilizing strategy and tactics but he is just plain bad at esper development.

Now onto the reaction of factions towards EoA. If its ability is revealed. First they will probably try to find its allegiance. If its science or magic side. Index can help if its magic side but if its pure science side. The three major factions which is russian orthodox, english angelica and roman catholics would probably stay quite on it as long as there isn't a major incident.

Russian Orthodox are ghost or spiritual hunters. The organization's name is anahilitus?(not sure on the spelling because its rare to pop up) but they are organization that hunts those supernatural beings thus the world annihilate . An anomaly to the world is their target for total destruction.

While English Angelicans hunt witches or Heretics. Rouge magicians that needs to be punished or magicians that commit a sin against their state would be hunted down by English Angelican's Necesarius or Necessary Evil.

Roman Catholics can be considered to have their own norms. They hunt down what they branded as heretics. Be it witch or super natural beings. Since Roman Catholic is the biggest sect. They had man power on the whole world. Once the church declared one as a heretic. Battle nuns will be send to kill or destroy it.

Those are the way those 3 major magic faction works.

Their reaction would probably at first be ignoring it. As long as "she" kept herself hidden and not cause too much problems. But if she manage to get their attention then she would either die or be a member of their church but since she is from magic side then she would be killed.

Though that is rarely too happen as long as she kept quite

The smaller cabals work different than major magic factions.

This smaller cabals would probably took interest of her a lot easier than those big three. They would probably take the power EoA for their own.

Aleister have his own set of plans so he won't care as long as she isn't a hindrance on his plan and if she ended up as a thorn then she would be cut down. Now if she has use then she would probably manipulated through either black mailing (like Tsuchimikado and GROUP) or be control without her knowing it (Touma is being led at first half of Index series by people around him that has use for IB)

The problem side are the Kihara probably. They would probably try to dissect or experiment her for further studies. Though they could also function as stalker that will record her development. Just like how the Kihara has data for IB but they aren't doing anything because IB has the directors protection.

The problem that she would probably face are either the Kihara or the smaller cabals.

Question. How did EoA achieve the goal of academy city? you leave me confuse there. If its achievement then its Rikou who can make a laugh on the academy city's esper development.
Old 2013-03-21, 06:31   Link #2916
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well the decoder will probably be Alice, the primal instinct that takes over when one goes "through the rabbit hole". As long as they don't have that or or their own high calculation brain then they will probably be fried. If I had to say it the only thing that could probably match Alice is Tree Diagram, and I'm not even sure if Tree Diagram can take it because I don't know exactly its capable feats. When it comes to level, she is still 0 due to being unusable. It also has no AIM nor can they find a personal reality in her. The level 5 calculations ability is instinctual but has no bearing on her actual skills that involve math and the like.

Spoiler for academy city's goal:
Old 2013-03-21, 07:06   Link #2917
tsunade666

so when she enters the mode "through the rabbit hole" then she basically becomes a god? because that's what they want. When someone has reach the SYSTEM then they can basically tap on the world and alter it on fundamental level. Basically what's Gods do. They can do whatever they wish. That's the type of GOD or SYSTEM is in Index. An omnipotence being (or something close or maybe like that)

Tree diagram is a super computer if I remember it right or maybe a quantum computer. Well basically its a super fast computer. It can do LOTS of things with it. If you watch Jormungand second season. The thing they built there is probably closest to Tree Diagram. That's why there is an incident when a remnant of Tree diagram was found floating in space. Foreign powers tried to buy it out but Awai got found out which ended up in bad end for her.

Magicians doesn't necessarily wish to attain godhood. They had their individual goal. They aren't nasuverse magus who wish to reach the root. Each magician in index verse has their own purpose which is what their magician name represents. From fortis (strongest) to regulus (king) to salvare (savior) there are lots of meaning to it and each has their own reason.

The only one active on pursuing godhood is ..... so far no one.

The closest to it is Aleister but we don't know what he wants.

Fiamma wants to save the world not to become god

Othinus wants to make herself perfect and not limited by 50/50

So far. I haven't remember anyone who wants to become a god.
Old 2013-03-21, 07:24   Link #2918
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then I guess she's just partially achieved what SYSTEM is.

When she "goes through the rabbit hole" she becomes a human which is beyond human. Not god as what SYSTEM truly is. If I had to describe it, she is limited by mortality. What she can do is beyond what magicians and angels are capable of but is still limited in the sense that her abilities can only manipulate powers that already exist. To perform resurrection without the presence of mana or ki to manipulate with a necessitated amount of skill is impossible. She cannot will someone to be brought back from the dead but she can do so with much less hassle than science or magicians, if either side even can. She cannot bend reality without a pre-existing mechanism but if such mechanism did exist she could use it. If one could traverse the time-line in terms of travelling a distance then she could do that too. A god is one who can will the powers she can make use of. EoA in it's ultimately free state can only make use of the god's leftover toys.

But if the description fits the canon definition of god, then yes she does become one. Prolly why I want Touma hanging around her.

EDIT: If I take previous description into accounts, due to limited memory, Alice can never perform the same exact spell to the same exact effect. She is forever curious as she never remembers the full extent of her powers other than trying them out. Getting her to do something specific requires guiding her and giving her interest in the task at hand.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-21 at 08:23.
Old 2013-03-21, 08:19   Link #2919
tsunade666

hmm..... pretty cool thing. She reminds me of Index in John pen mode in terms of potential powers. Fiamma hasn't set on stones on how strong he can get as long as he can understand the strength of his opponent he can match it. Othinus is the mark of infinite possibilities. She is literally someone who attains system because she can do what she ever wants. A world where water turns into juice is possible for her. Impossible is possible. That's one traits of the SYSTEM. To bend the will of the universe into your own.

And she can use it? freely? though the mode of "goes through the rabbit hole" isn't something she can use freely.

What are the restrictions?

Restrictions on uses are what makes indexverse interesting. There isn't absolute strength here. There is a weakness to everything that ca be exploited.
Old 2013-03-21, 08:34   Link #2920
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Um... I did state a restriction

She cannot will things into being. She has to use a pre-existing mechanism, supernatural or otherwise. She is still subject to machinations of fate and luck. Her success is not absolute.

Once again the example of resurrecting a dead person. A magician or higher being can do it by using spells that maniupulate the ki flow. Use sacrifices and rituals that increase the mana manipulation to make the resurrection possible. Alice bypasses all that by manhandling mana and ki to perform the desired effect. If you told Alice to resurrect someone but without any tools to do so then there is no point. (though she could prolly kickstart somone by connecting their lifeline with the leyline in the ground... unless overload kills them).

In terms of juice example, if mana can do that then Alice probably could too. Rewriting the basic laws of reality on the level of universal would probably not be enough for jsut using the Earth's collective mana, ki and etc. so it's not possible for Alice to do so.

Also stated before is her short memory. She can't remember things for more than 5 minutes. She is basically a childish airhead. her spells are all over the place and doing something with a long procedure cannot work for her. Alice can still be overpowered by the psyche of the original in some cases.

If there is a weakness to exploit it's that Alice is not hostile. If anything, she is playful. She may seem sadistic to some but Alice is instinct and therefore amoral. She is someone who is perpetually fascinated, stuck in her own wonderland. In short she spaces out and does not perform actual offense. She's generally defensive.

LATER EDIT: I also forgot, since Alice can interact on multiple planes of existence in the same superpositioned reality, her movement is far more limited. Like say if Alice and Touma were to fight in an open field, Touma would see an open field. In Alice' case, she can see angels, supernatural beings and the like in front of her. She may not care if her actions harm them, but the fact that they are crowding the area impedes her movement. It's not limited to interplanar denizens, it also applies to things like ki streams, mana fogs and even the leylines lest she inadvertently triggers one.

EDIT: About your idea for Taru and Campione, judging from what I read about Aiwass... would there be merit for him to send those three to another world? I mean can he watch them or something? I know nothing about Campione but just as someone who is somewhat of a jerk too, I wonder if sending them to torment would be that much fun or worth it if I don't see the suffering or hijinx that is involved.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-21 at 10:03.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction