AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-08-28, 14:04   Link #61
S_C_L-1

if youve seen 5 seconds of the 4KIDS version, itll take at least 30 japanese episodes to heal the wounds...

"AYO AYOOOOO set sail for one piece!"

*shudders*
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 16:15   Link #62
gencbiba

Hmm... I'm up to episode 71 so far and the anime is pretty good. However, there is no love connection between any of the characters!!! I wanted to see Luffy and Nami get it on.... Anyone know of any anime out there that has the same elements as OP but also has a love scenario somewhat..... I've already seen Kenshin...

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 17:16   Link #63
nduns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
One Piece is not great... like how Naruto is not great... basically, it's a shonen-type of an anime... but One Piece is definitely very entertaining and addicting... the show is good cuz it has a good story... the characters are all very likeable as well... even the villains... I say you watch all the episodes (except for those garbage filler arcs that most animes of this length tend to have).... or read the manga.... you won't regret it...
Unlike Naruto, One Piece is good with the fillers because they all have character developement.

(Next paragraph contains spoilers)

As for the question, I watch OP because of the hot girls, seeing a guy bleed half to death, Zoro and Sanji having a pointless fight over Sanji's obsession with girls, humor, drama (Removed from the dub), Usopp's lies becoming true (8000 men became true in the manga a few months ago), likeable characters (Like Prince of Chronicles said), Sogeking, Usopp becoming a man and wielding a 5-ton hammer, Nami's clima tact, best plot ever, one of the few anime shows with morals at the end of every arc, everything 4kids removed from the dub, Chopper calling everyone who praises him an a**hole (Funny!), the movies (which may never come to America), nakama and the best fight scenes you'd ever see. Oh, and Luffy when he's serious along with Gear Second. That is awesome. Gear Third was impressive, but not as impressive.

Other reasons include Franky, Monster Chopper, and all that stuff. Also, I'm not particularly 100% mad at 4kids for screwing it up because they give people great jokes to use in fanfiction, fandubs and parodies. Anyone ever watch Dub Piece? Best take on the 4kids dub I ever saw. Lost Piece could be the next Dub Piece because it comes very close to a better job on the 4kids bashing.
nduns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 19:09   Link #64
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Hmm... I'm up to episode 71 so far and the anime is pretty good. However, there is no love connection between any of the characters!!! I wanted to see Luffy and Nami get it on.... Anyone know of any anime out there that has the same elements as OP but also has a love scenario somewhat..... I've already seen Kenshin...
LOL...no, One Piece is definately not a romantic story, no characters will ever "get it on" or connect in that way at all, and I'm glad. I can't say I know of any show anything like One Piece that has romance.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 17:11   Link #65
gencbiba

Well I'm not really looking for romance because it's boring but of a relationship that goes beyond friendship...

Also, there has to be a show out there that has fighting and some kind of sexual side to it....

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2006-08-30, 18:59   Link #66
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Well I'm not really looking for romance because it's boring but of a relationship that goes beyond friendship...
Um, that would be called romance. XD Unless you want hardcore non-committal sex...and for that you'll have to watch hentai.
Old 2006-08-30, 21:06   Link #67
chucky
Always impatient

Guess this is the most enlightening conversation we've been longing for in the last six months......

Let me recap with my signature.....
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 22:43   Link #68
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Haha. What an honor to be quoted saying that in a signature. XD
Old 2006-08-30, 22:45   Link #69
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
Guess this is the most enlightening conversation we've been longing for in the last six months......

And now I bring pictures for more enlightening moments, the courtesy of ~ComicsDebris aka Chuixupu.

Caution: Hold on to your pants. I'm serious:

Spoiler for hot content:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan
I'll save you a long post and just say 'EFF' Yes! Takes like 30 eps to get started but once it does, it's better than every series you just listed. So yeah...if you like shounen, you'll love OP!
Hai hai! Your appreciation for One Piece is in danger of overflowing to the point of affinity. Is it really necessary to compare with any series to make the one you like seem better? Seriously, that list had Samurai Champloo (a 26 episode series) in it which probably had to spend the same amount of money that was needed to make the first 250 episodes of One Piece.

I can also claim Pluto is a planet, that doesn't mean I'm right. Comparison is lame when two series are so different to begin with.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 22:49   Link #70
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, I guess I should mention that if you want to see One Piece characters get it on, there's always the route of doujinshis, fanfiction and fanart, of which there is plenty, of every pairing combination imaginable.
Old 2006-08-31, 13:16   Link #71
S_C_L-1

whoa, u guys were active yesterday ><;

*sigh* ... if you want romance and stuff in a shonen anime... just go watch Fushigi Yuugi... (or Inu Yasha as every 1 calls it now)

Monir that first pic was awesome lol (i nearly shat my pants from laughing)

EDIT: My view of Inu Yasha :http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=191 (lots of F bombs, but nothing horrible)

oh, 1 more thing... http://youtube.com/watch?v=CbCI4sGXq1Y

discuss!
Old 2006-09-02, 18:02   Link #72
gencbiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky

Hehe... I like it very much except for one small detail which is that you spelled my name wrong.... lol.

Besides that, the Inu Yasha comic was hilarious and I feel the same way.

Old 2006-09-10, 12:23   Link #73
king chopper
Crewmate doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephon
Heya

This is not a flame, just a question.
After all the hype and mentioning One Piece has recieved I decided to get my hands on a few episodes. Said and down I managed to get hold of ep. 1-15 and I think it's kind of interesting, but nothing special at all.

The art isn't anything in particular, and the story is a bit original but I lack a lot of feelings in it. It doesn't feel as I merge into the story in difference to other great animes I've seen in my time.

The action is a bit odd and extreme, reminds me a lot of old cartoons where the characters always survived no matter how much you whacked and punched them and they do get smacked a lot.

So I just want to know, is this series a bit overrated and only for a selected audience or does it pick up speed after the first 15-20 episodes?

If it continues the same way that they travel around island after island to help people from pirates it should become quite boring. Mostly because the main character is a pinhead and just set his mind on becoming the pirate king and that's it. He's strong but totally out of it, which doesn't help since you want to merge with the story and feel for it, but when it feels so superficial it's hard to do that.

Well, it might be just me that doesn't like the anime but I hope It's just that it is slow-paced in the beginning and picks up.

Could you please help me to sort this up, is it a serie you fall in love with instantly or not at all?
i know exactly what u mean i watch 3 diffrent animes inuyasha one piece and naruto but naruto and one piece seem the same and some voices are the same too for some characters for example* konomoharu in naruto has the same voice as tony tony chopper in one piece and they have both the same humour except i havent got into the feel of naruto yet
king chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 05:02   Link #74
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by king chopper
i know exactly what u mean i watch 3 diffrent animes inuyasha one piece and naruto but naruto and one piece seem the same and some voices are the same too for some characters for example* konomoharu in naruto has the same voice as tony tony chopper in one piece and they have both the same humour except i havent got into the feel of naruto yet
well yeah, japanese voice acting is a BIG thing... not like american voice acting (where all the good voices are done by like 3 guys...)

but i do dissagree with the type of humour in OP and Naruto... altho some of the comedy in both is about the idiocy of the main characters, OP does it so much more gracefully... instead of just repeating 2 or 3 jokes over and over again... like stepping in dog poo... (well, to a much lesser extent anyway... they have enough running gags going at the same time to keep them from being abused... and its not like ONLY the main character has that kind of joke going... they all do)

[offtopic] what is the revelance of you putting "well i watch 3 animes: inu yasha, naruto and op" in every post you make? especially when you dont actually comment or add to what-ever the person you quoted said... "i know what u mean"[/offtopic]
Old 2006-10-14, 16:09   Link #75
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

What Do You Guys Think About One Piece!?!??!?

Now this post will be about the thoughts and ideas of one piece and what would YOU do or put in the show. I mean....WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO TAKE OVER ONE PIECE!!!I'M IN!!!!PICK ME, PICK ME!!!ok...so yea...ENJOY!!!

My thoughts and ideas of one piece is that it ROCKS MY WORLD AND THE BEST EVER!!!And if i could take over one piece i would put in my One piece character Noya and pair her up with Zolo. He's HOT!!!!! so...yea
pinkflower80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 16:21   Link #76
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

What You Like About One Piece!!!!!!!!!

Ok....this thread will be about the thoughts and ideas of One piece that you think about. Like this will be about talking your dislikes or likes about it and also what would YOU do if you owned One piece. ONEPIECE ROCKS I WANT TO RULE IT!!!!!anyways.....enjoy my peeps and peace out
Old 2006-10-14, 20:47   Link #77
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower80 View Post
Ok....this thread will be about the thoughts and ideas of One piece that you think about. Like this will be about talking your dislikes or likes about it and also what would YOU do if you owned One piece. ONEPIECE ROCKS I WANT TO RULE IT!!!!!anyways.....enjoy my peeps and peace out
I wouldnt want to own One Piece at all lol, id just ruin it
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 12:28   Link #78
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
I wouldnt want to own One Piece at all lol, id just ruin it
WHY NOT?!?!?!?that would be AWESOME to control one piece!!!!!
Old 2006-10-15, 13:34   Link #79
CrumCon

-Great entertain adventures
-inhuman humor lol
- the fights amongs the crew are funny lol
CrumCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 14:03   Link #80
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower80 View Post
WHY NOT?!?!?!?that would be AWESOME to control one piece!!!!!
Nobody can tell the story of One Piece like Oda can, it would be wasted in the hands of anyone else.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote