AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-05, 22:42   Link #101
Anonidas

@Keiichi_Chan: Nah, quit it man, seems like Westlo himself is tired by this argument. Just let it go, continuing this won't do us anything good.

In the end, we all agree that the show is aimed at the mecha shounen fans (which consists of Mazinger, GL, SE and One Piece).

Anyway, umai finally shows some progress:
http://umai.is-fabulo.us/2009/04/05/basquash-01/
Anonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 23:03   Link #102
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
^I am excited!!! Seems like it's almost ready for release.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 00:28   Link #103
Anonidas

And yes, the first episode is out by Umai.
Anonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 07:19   Link #104
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Holy crap the first episode was so damn awesome. Screw the genres and demographics and all of that. This was so well done, it damn right transcends it all.

The animation just might be one of the very best I've seen out of anime, EVER (EVER!). The CG is still a bit wonky (as always) but everything was top notch. It was downright anime-movie caliber. In fact, I don't really recall many anime movies being quite this detailed.

For a first episode, they covered a LOT of ground. Two backstories, maybe a slight hint at the protagonist's, the entire planetary situation with the moon being glorified, the phony mecha-basketball.

Wow. That's all I can say. I've been watching mecha for eons and I have honestly never seen anything this high paced. Even for a sports anime and all, they put in a lot of careful detail into everything. Even if the sci-fi theme is pretty out there, the high quality animation and direction gives it a rare gravitas. Hell, that kind of gravitas is rare in ANY anime as far as making a living, breathing sci-fi setting.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 07:57   Link #105
Chase

This episode was so "wth"
Spoiler for episode 1:
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 08:10   Link #106
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I must say, it's surprising when an anime with a huge budget, endorsed by Nike has this much fanservice. Not quite Queens Blade, but it had a LOT of very blatant innuendo. And it's pretty good *sounds pervy* ones at that. I appreciate Satelight's guts for even daring that.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 10:32   Link #107
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Awesome first episode, i like all the chara here, so we've mecha basketball, an hotblooded main chara, a funny pet, a probably triangular romance, and more. D
Really a very exciting show, I rolled on the floor laughing when Spanky eat the pet xDD
Now one year has passed since he ended in prison so I want to see how is the situation

Last edited by Tjaard; 2009-04-06 at 11:58.
Tjaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 13:27   Link #108
ReddyRedWolf

I'll just leave this here.

Seems very appropriate doesn't it?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 13:29   Link #109
Midonin
Last Engage

That was quick. Well-made video, too.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 14:41   Link #110
Jin and Toanic
Vide supra
*Fansubber

Soooo pleasantly surprised.

The fanservice wasn't bad either.
Jin and Toanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 19:57   Link #111
jedinat

lol, the first episode was sooo stupid. Still, the entertainment value cannot be denied.

I think the title of the anime is a melding of the word "Sasquatch" (AKA Bigfoot) and the sound her boobs make as they bounce against each other and whatever other objects fall within their considerable range of motion. There could also be a basketball reference in there, I guess.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 20:06   Link #112
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Another big time show for Megumi Nakajima after Macross Frontier and Akikan.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 20:08   Link #113
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is tonight's feature for me, after the basketball game. I've liked a few premieres so far - probably Pandora Hearts the best - but nothing has really made my jaw drop like Nyanko-sensei in the last () Natsume Yuujinchou eyecatch. Maybe this is the one...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 20:31   Link #114
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

That was a fun episode. Miyuki's the childhood friend, a Bigfoot mechanic and cute.

After seeing QB, the fanservice in this ep. is Gurren Lagann level. Another "urban" title that looks like fun like Michikto to Hatchin was.
Old 2009-04-06, 20:52   Link #115
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

this was an unexpected enjoyable 1st episode, l can't wait for episode 2....the blonde haired gurl can't wait to see more from her in episode 2!
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 00:34   Link #116
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Heh - you're a long way from Kannagi now, Shimono-san...

That middle section pretty much made up for the lack of ecchi in Natsu no Arachi. That was blissfully absurd and asinine - in a good way. Gurren-Laggan? I won't go that far - but fun. Another needed testosterone bomb bucking the estrogen trend this season. And where did a second-tier studio like Satelight get this kind of budget?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 01:11   Link #117
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Heh - you're a long way from Kannagi now, Shimono-san...

That middle section pretty much made up for the lack of ecchi in Natsu no Arachi. That was blissfully absurd and asinine - in a good way. Gurren-Laggan? I won't go that far - but fun. Another needed testosterone bomb bucking the estrogen trend this season. And where did a second-tier studio like Satelight get this kind of budget?
Macross Frontier >_>

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 01:18   Link #118
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Seems very appropriate doesn't it?
Very. That was really well put together...makes me miss the awesomeness of Megas XLR.
Old 2009-04-07, 01:23   Link #119
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
For a first episode, they covered a LOT of ground. Two backstories, maybe a slight hint at the protagonist's, the entire planetary situation with the moon being glorified, the phony mecha-basketball.
Yeah, I was surprised how much was crammed in and that even with all that, it was only the first half(maybe third) of the prologue of this story! It's still hard to tell where they're going with Dan being away from society for an entire year. Maybe Bigfoot B-Ball is now played more intensely thanks to his little stunt?

Also, as you'd expect from a Macross pedigreed series, the music is AMAZING so far!
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 01:46   Link #120
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
Yeah, I was surprised how much was crammed in and that even with all that, it was only the first half(maybe third) of the prologue of this story! It's still hard to tell where they're going with Dan being away from society for an entire year. Maybe Bigfoot B-Ball is now played more intensely thanks to his little stunt?

Also, as you'd expect from a Macross pedigreed series, the music is AMAZING so far!
And that's exactly it. As soon as Dan got out, you could already see that street basketball was alive again and they were actually "dribbling" (considering how ignorant the society seemed to be to basketball prior to Dan's sentence.)

On a side note, I actually enjoyed the ED song because it did a great job at expressing the show itself. This seems to be pretty interesting so far, so let's see where it goes from here.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, mecha, shounen