AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-18, 00:18   Link #21
Boukenblue

I Don’t Know how is the real name of that Guyver.
Of that, I call him Guyver Omega.

I already search information of the second Season.
Do you Know something?

Last edited by Boukenblue; 2006-10-18 at 00:45.
Old 2006-10-18, 00:53   Link #22
BakuDan
Let's count up your sins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boukenblue View Post
I Don’t Know how is the real name of that Guyver.
Of that, I call him Guyver Omega.

I already search information of the second Season.
Do you Know something?
Well for one its name is Guyver Gigantic. For now they will monitor the popularity of season 1 and decide whether they will make a second season. I'm sure that they will because of how season 1 ended. Besides its not like the OVA, though the action and gore level on the OVA was better than the tv series.
Old 2006-10-18, 13:20   Link #23
Boukenblue

Tell me more of the OVA
Old 2006-10-18, 18:47   Link #24
Boukenblue

The Guyver in Youtube.

Musical Video of the Guyver second Movie in Live action.

http://www.youtube.com/v/G-Mq0TItFIE&NR

Last edited by Boukenblue; 2006-10-18 at 23:46.
Old 2006-10-18, 19:03   Link #25
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Boukenblue:
I'm not sure if you are familiar with the rules of AnimeSuki - but Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor is licensed in North America by ADV. As a result, download, torrent and YouTube links are off-limits - so please remove the YouTube links to the "Episode one of the new Tv Series" that you have posted.

You can find ADV's Web site for the Guyver TV series at: http://www.guyvertv.com/.
The first DVD will be released on November 14, 2006.

Hope that helps!
Old 2006-10-18, 19:44   Link #26
Boukenblue

the same company that has the license of The Guyver put episode one in exhibition here

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/856/856215/vids_1.html

for that reason I thought that not was a violation to the rules.

single I put a Link where they could see the same video but in original language

I’m wrong?
Old 2006-10-18, 19:57   Link #27
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Boukenblue:
You've answered your own question - ADV, the original licensors, were the ones who have put up Episode 1 on IGN. ADV's intent is to promote the series via the free episode preview.

While I appreciate your intention in letting people watch Guyver TV Ep. 1 in its original language (and I personally think it would be nice if ADV put a subbed version of Guyver TV Ep. 1 in the November issue of Newtype USA) - the fact remains that ADV has licensed the series, and is intending to release it on DVD. To link to fansubs of it would eat into ADV's sales - which means less of a chance for a second season of Guyver TV. (Incidentally, ADV is actually a co-producer of Guyver TV.) Besides, AnimeSuki's policy is to avoid any association with piracy - which is why when an anime gets licensed, AnimeSuki would take down the fansubs.

For more information, you can read the rules on the AnimeSuki DVD and Licensed Forum. In the meantime, please do remove the Youtube links. Thanks!
Old 2006-10-19, 14:10   Link #28
Boukenblue

Guyver Live Action Movies

Two movies based on the Guyver Manga/Anime were produced in the early 90s. While the main concepts were there (Chronos, Zoanoids, the Guyver), the rest was changed to the point where it was barely recognizable. The first movie could be considered to be based somewhat on the first 6 volumes of the manga, and is considered to be quite campy. The second movie is much darker and more realistic, likely based on following volumes (with elements of the "Guyver II/Lisker" storyline, despite the fact that Lisker, who is a Zoanoid, appears in the first film.) and he is also reaveled to be a Guyver in the second.

The Guyver (Also Known As Mutronics)

A college student named Sean Barker who discovers that his girlfriend Mizky Segawa's father Dr. Tetsu Segawa, a researcher for the mysterious Chronos Corporation, has stolen from Chronos an alien device known as "The Guyver," which fuses with him and causes him to be covered in a suit of bionic armor. The president of Chronos, Fulton Balcus, wants the Guyver back and sends his mutant henchmen, the Zoanoids, led by Lisker, to steal it back. They kidnap Mizky and take her back to Chronos, and Sean is seemingly killed when Lisker pulls the control medallion from his forehead, causing him to melt into a puddle of green slime and die. But the Guyver rebuilds Sean's body from a cellular level and resurrects him to save Mizky and kill the evil Zoanoids before finally facing Balcus himself, who transforms into a giant dinosaur-like monster (dubbed the Zoalord) to fight Sean.

Cast:

Jack Armstrong .............. Sean Barker
Mark Hamill ................. Max Reed
Vivian Wu ................... Mizky Segawa
Greg Paik ................... Dr. Tetsu Segawa
David Gale .................. Fulton Balcus
Michael Berryman ............ Lisker
Jimmy Walker ................ Striker
Peter Spellos ............... Ramsey
Spice Williams .............. Weber
Willard E. Pugh ............. Colonel Castle
Jeffrey Combs ............... Dr. East
David Wells ................. Dr. Gordon

Guyver II Dark Hero

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/v/mM9DXz7JDmg

The story begins when the Guyver kills a group of mobsters who are stealing plastic related items to use in cocaine trafficking. Sean Barker (the Guyver) has been suffering from constant nightmares involving strange symbols which he writes down is a sketch book immediately after he awakens. After hearing of an archaeological dig being done in the mountains (which conveniently uncovers rocks with the same symbols Sean's been seeing) Sean travels to the area, hopping to learn more about the Guyver. He is later picked up by the daughter of the man conducting the dig who takes him to the dig site and introduces him as a latecomer. While strolling with the girl (Cori) through the woods a man screams and Sean finds that a man is being attacked by a Zoanoid. The Zoanoid escapes and Sean claims that it was a bear attack. Eventually Sean learns the truth about the Guyver and destroys the Zoanoid population in the dig.

Ultimately, Sean must fight Chronos henchman Crane, who uses a damaged Guyver Unit similar to the anime's Guyver II. Crane, now a Guyver Zoanoid (who bears the same colors as the anime's Guyver III) is superior to Sean in almost every way, beating him up all over the dig site. It takes a lucky shot from Cori to damage the Control Unit further. Sean takes the chance and rips the Medal out, then unleashs a Mega-Smasher to utterly destroy Crane.

During the battle Sean declares that the Zoanoids, the creation of the alien Creators, were the misfit of their two races (Guyver being the second). However, after the battle Sean admits that the Guyver was the Creator's mistake. The Guyvers were supposed to be the Creator's foot-soldiers, but they turned on the Creators. Hence the name "Guyver" (Out of Control).

The ending of the movie hints at a sequel when Sean fights with the Anti-Chronos group, but for the moment, he is happy to drive into the sunset with Cori.

David Hayter ............... Sean Barker/Guyver
Kathy Christopherson ............... Cori
Bruno Giannotta ............... Crane
Brian Simpson ............... Crane Zoanoid
Tatsuro Koike ............... Guyver Zoanoid
Christopher Michael ............... Atkins
Stuart Weiss ............... Marcus
Billi Lee ............... Mizky Segawa

Last edited by Boukenblue; 2006-10-19 at 23:33.
Old 2006-11-07, 13:11   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well, looks like ADV have done a pretty awesome job with the first volume. Just watched it - and now all i'm thinking about are the good things to happen in the series, and i'll own them on DVD. :3

Also, the second volume comes with a artbox, yay~
Old 2007-01-18, 22:26   Link #30
iceyfw

i actually liked the dubbing. seems like adv put in some extra effort. and how weird the best buy in my local area doesnt have volume 2 yet with volume 3 coming out soon.
Old 2008-01-07, 02:33   Link #31
9mmx19

Just rewatched it and its still great. So um whats the word on season 2?! I dont follow anime as much anymore but I would kill for another season.
Old 2008-01-07, 08:24   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmx19 View Post
Just rewatched it and its still great. So um whats the word on season 2?! I dont follow anime as much anymore but I would kill for another season.
We still have had no announcement for a second season. There's plenty of manga material for one, though that's not always the case.
Old 2008-03-07, 23:12   Link #33
vietdragon2285

Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor

just curious if anyone heard or found anything on the net about the newer Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor continuing since the last eps was where the gigantic guyver appears and kinda ended with that. chronos still stands and i think the manga actually goes further. so hopefully there is something in the works to continue the anime.
Old 2008-03-08, 19:03   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietdragon2285 View Post
just curious if anyone heard or found anything on the net about the newer Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor continuing since the last eps was where the gigantic guyver appears and kinda ended with that. chronos still stands and i think the manga actually goes further. so hopefully there is something in the works to continue the anime.
The manga goes on for much much longer, though nothing has been said about a second season in the works. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
Old 2008-07-21, 22:54   Link #35
Touka
Air, reason, revered.
*Graphic Designer

I finally got around to finishing Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor for the first time. I can safely say that it is a very enjoyable anime, but I am disappointed with the ending. Where was the fight with Archanfel? Sho got that awesome new power just to defeat him. When he said "I need to get stronger if I want to protect my friends" it flashed back to the scene where Archanfel deflected both mega smashers and supposedly killed Sho and Agito. Archanfel was the ultimate villain, he was an ultra strong badass. He got sucked into a black hole and survived. Even Barcas said "death bowed to him". I was getting worried when it was the last episode and that lame bug guy was still fighting strong. Once Sho finished him off I kept thinking "ok this is it, Archanfel will swoop in and take Sho out any minute", but unfortunately, that never happened. Instead, he killed the bug guy, which we didn't actually get to see and then Tetsuro says "It's over". It ain't bloody over Chronos still own the world and all 12 Zoalord's are still alive! If there isn't a second season, Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor is a very incomplete anime. I was looking forward to the end for such a long time, I had seen clips of the Gigantic Guyver. It kicked ass on screen for about... 5 seconds. That's all we saw of it. The ending seemed so incomplete it makes me cry. The ending was the only thing I was disappointed with in the entire series though. Zx-Tole was just a hyper zoanoid with an upgrade, he isn't what I wanted to see. Hang on, basically it ended with Chronos winning since they took over the world and no zoalord's died? There has to be another season!

Is the manga translated anymore because I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited by Touka; 2008-09-18 at 16:09.
Old 2008-07-22, 05:59   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The manga continues from where this series ended. There's a company that's selling the translated manga though i can't remember the name at the moment. You could easily find out on some Guyver fan-sites though.
Old 2008-10-10, 23:13   Link #37
strategos

Well finally I watched this series. After having for a long time in fansub. Damn, I wanna buy the DVDS now. Does anyone knows if this series will get second season or something?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2008-10-11, 04:53   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Does anyone knows if this series will get second season or something?
Hard to say because nothing official has ever been said on the matter.
Old 2008-10-11, 07:11   Link #39
Zekori

I don't think there's enough material yet for a second series of Guyver, atleast not for 24~26 complete episodes without stretching it out. imho, but with that said I would love to see certain characters in animated format.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-11, 21:05   Link #40
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

There's enough material for a second season, it's just that if the second season finishes airing, we need to wait at least 5 years above for enough third season material.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread