AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 17.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 27.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 17.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.66%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-24, 21:08   Link #81
ksho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Oh I dont mind her trying to put an end to the concerts. Because shes doing that herself.

What really made her stuck up is because she gather the baseball team and then she sat it out and made them do the work. She shouldn't even have been sitting on there bench's looking like she was all important when realy she was being useless. She should of been in the spectator stands if she was going to watch the game. But wait she walked out onto the pitch with them, but didnt play. Even if shes a girl ? Hinatas team had a few girls who were scared of the ball but still played.

The point I getting at, Tenshi as the team leader should of played with them. Yet she hid on the bench and pretended to be apart of the team. Thats weak imo.
Actually, I think that was a logical move on her part. She's likely never physically played baseball before in her life, so why not let the experienced ones handle the practical aspects of the game while she plays the part of baseball coach/manager? That's actually a legitimate and strategically important position in a baseball team. She managed to gather a full team of experience players, so she's not exactly short handed like Hinata's group.

And really...if you think about it, all those baseball members are most likely NPC's anyway. She's just using her available resources to their fullest potential. Also don't forget, Yurippe was playing the shogun card and coordinating the battlefront teams in the background too. What Tenshi is doing is no different.
Old 2010-04-24, 21:22   Link #82
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Alright! Looks like I'm all caught up. Yui is just frickin' hilarious, when she's not annoying.

Now that she's GDM's new vocalist, I wonder how they'll progress from here. I've just finished listening to Iwasawa's 3 GDM tracks on their mini-album, and they're going on my iPod.
Old 2010-04-24, 21:28   Link #83
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
Spoiler for Hinata:
Not everyones reasons for rebelling against God is based on what happened in their past, for some its just to survive not knowing what will happen when you do disappear for otanshi's case as an example. I would assume Hinata has similar take to his reasons for rebelling.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Old 2010-04-24, 21:57   Link #84
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
Not everyones reasons for rebelling against God is based on what happened in their past, for some its just to survive not knowing what will happen when you do disappear for otanshi's case as an example. I would assume Hinata has similar take to his reasons for rebelling.
Honestly, the fear of what's next is likely why he rebels. Really, I'd go as far as saying that Yuri is probably one of the only people there that actually resents God to the point of rebelling against his world. I think the biggest contributing evidence there is the fact that he was actually contemplating what would happen as an end result, and in fact, seemingly pursuing it.

This episode wasn't as hilarious as the others, but it was still a good watch. The integrating of Yui into the main cast was definitely a nice turn of events, and she proved to be a commendable character (how can I not appreciate a character that mistakenly hangs themselves in their debut as a member of the main cast). Not to mention they way they set up her relationship with Hinata was just entertaining, and even cute in a way. I remember laughing because at one point Hinata put her in that hold he always did for absolutely no reason at all, and I almost didn't notice that he did in fact do it for absolutely no reason.

As far as the revealing of pasts goes, it seems that a lot of the plot for Angel Beats! will be based around the revealing of the deaths of each character. It's very fascinating to find these things out, because of how strange a setting this is. The reasons that each character got to where they are now seem to highly sum up their character (though Hinata maybe not as much as the others). They do a good job of making you curious to know how each of them died, and I'm sure we're all heavily looking forward to hearing how Otonashi died. Considering how dramatic of a story Yuri's was, there's no excuse for Otonashi's to be anything less than hers.
Old 2010-04-24, 22:37   Link #85
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Wasn't she the coach? Generally the coach doesn't play.
How could she be the coach. When shes had no game experience and using the members of a dedicated baseball club who have game experience and practice all the time. Unless she was holding the noobs guide to baseball textbook. I dont see how she would be the coaching.

If they were a random joe blow team like Hinatas, then she probably could act as the coach. Well Hinata is a baseballer, no surpised he was captain and leading them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I think honestly she was trying to give them a chance as given her combat skills, I am pretty sure she could hit a home run with ease thus by not playing it was more fair.
Plausable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I'm also not feeling how Angel and the student council vice-president decided to punish the SSS baseball teams by getting their own team full of baseball club members and rubbing the SSS's faces in the dirt. Seems kinda like bullying, unless I misunderstood that part.
Yeah, similar feeling. Its "we have rounded up all the pro baseballers in school, this competition is ours!" feel to it. I mean, they became the favourits to win when they revealed it was the baseball club. The vice pres was gloating about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
To say the truth I felt a little dissapointed with the ending. Not that Hinata didnt dissppear. It's just I wanted to see Otonashi snatch the catch! or push him out of the way. Yui's intervene I didn't like. It was rather silly. That sorta ruined it for me.
I know its my quote, but now that I've had a bit more time to think about it. It would of been much better ending if Yui and Hinata had a collision. Rather than Yui stupidly targeting Hinata while the ball was still in play. I sorta want to ask the anime devs why they did that. The game was in the balance! Why did Yui do that ?

I thought this series was 13 episodes too, but if its 24, even better.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-04-24, 22:58   Link #86
Yui_Nyan

Spoiler for spoiler for episode:

I'm curious about episode 5 though. Her last song?
And I'm getting suspicious about TK. Let's hear his story!
Old 2010-04-24, 23:11   Link #87
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui_Nyan View Post
Spoiler for spoiler for episode:
for a moment, i thought the same, but i guess they still need a gay suspect as well as combo partner for Yui

the beautiful piano playing OP replaced by the death rock Yui-nyan? i take it as the showing of their high quality production

the broom balancing caught me by surprise and very funny
Old 2010-04-25, 00:13   Link #88
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

LOL, I always enjoy the interaction between Hinata and Otonashi.

Otonashi: Are you...?
Hinata: NO!!!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-25, 00:49   Link #89
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Somebody, quick, make Yui disappear already

She seriously ruined this episode for me.
The fact that Iwasawa was replaced by this...annoying bright pink bouncy thing makes me quite sad.
That pink 'thing' also ruined a perfectly good (and somewhat corny) Hinata x Otanashi moment lol

Well, actually, I thought this episode sucked pretty much all around.
I thought the humor was great for the past episodes but this one was just overkill. Aside from getting a glimpse of Hinata's past, it felt like we didn't exactly go anywhere plot-wise.

I really hope the next episode improves~
Old 2010-04-25, 01:00   Link #90
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksho View Post
Actually, I think that was a logical move on her part. She's likely never physically played baseball before in her life, so why not let the experienced ones handle the practical aspects of the game while she plays the part of baseball coach/manager? That's actually a legitimate and strategically important position in a baseball team. She managed to gather a full team of experience players, so she's not exactly short handed like Hinata's group.

And really...if you think about it, all those baseball members are most likely NPC's anyway. She's just using her available resources to their fullest potential. Also don't forget, Yurippe was playing the shogun card and coordinating the battlefront teams in the background too. What Tenshi is doing is no different.
If you borrow a few concepts from The Matrix (in particular, the ability of characters to download skills to add to their repertoire of logic-defying moves, as aptly demonstrated by Trinity's ability to fly a Huey), then I don't think it matters if Tenshi can or cannot physically play baseball...

The way Tenshi develops her combat skills (which she somehow does by preparing them on her Winding XO PC) is not that different from how programs are downloaded to Matrix characters after all...
Old 2010-04-25, 01:03   Link #91
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So Angel Beats would end up to be similar to the Matrix? Hmm...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-25, 01:15   Link #92
bigdeath

I love Yui. She does a wonderfully cute cat impression as well as having a nice fashion sense. She even saved the day by preventing Hinata from disappearing. Really clever way to transition into the new OP.
Old 2010-04-25, 01:25   Link #93
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm bad at recognizing throws, was otonashi throwing sideways or submarine style?
Old 2010-04-25, 01:31   Link #94
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I'm bad at recognizing throws, was otonashi throwing sideways or submarine style?
Looked sidearm to me.
Old 2010-04-25, 02:24   Link #95
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

Yui singlehandedly saved this series for me. I thought all the comedic scenes in the first 3 eps were horrible. I loved the the back and forth between Hinata and Yui. It's exactly what this anime needed for me to enjoy it. I hope it continues the rest of the series.
Old 2010-04-25, 04:30   Link #96
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
Somebody, quick, make Yui disappear already

She seriously ruined this episode for me.
The fact that Iwasawa was replaced by this...annoying bright pink bouncy thing makes me quite sad.
That pink 'thing' also ruined a perfectly good (and somewhat corny) Hinata x Otanashi moment lol

Well, actually, I thought this episode sucked pretty much all around.
I thought the humor was great for the past episodes but this one was just overkill. Aside from getting a glimpse of Hinata's past, it felt like we didn't exactly go anywhere plot-wise.

I really hope the next episode improves~
It was a clear 50/50 whether Otonashi was going to make it. And usually 50% of the time you fail 90% of the time. Mind Sweeper folks. Worst game ever.
Old 2010-04-25, 05:20   Link #97
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
And so the show falls without a doubt into the realm of gimmicky nonsense that I might expect out of a Haruhi entry. Bail out, abort/retry/fail and we are done.
Old 2010-04-25, 06:09   Link #98
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
Oops oh yeah Yuri did say something like that on ep 1 haha my bad
Old 2010-04-25, 06:10   Link #99
dgaaz

I don't get why people hate on Yui so much, I'm glad she's gonna replace Iwasawa, cool tragic heroine characters are boring IMO

Yui's so hyper and her antics are really cute and funny. I also like her interaction with Hinata
Old 2010-04-25, 06:25   Link #100
Dralha

Spoiler:

Tags
baseball