AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 15:29   Link #3001
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
A rude awakening of the amount of incestuous games I have played in my life -_-;
There's more to be played
Old 2011-11-04, 15:34   Link #3002
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Too many to count.
Old 2011-11-04, 15:48   Link #3003
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

And let's not forget Crescendo even though Ayame's route feels more drama heavy than the other ones (except of Yuka maybe). And Mashiro-iro, Sugirly Wish, Ikinari Anata ni Koi shiteru, AneIro as well as Lunaris Filia . The list goes on, but this couple-genre is not my main focus although I don't mind if it's done properly.
Anyway, the games where the imouto is actually the real deal aka blood-related seem less common. At least for me when I skim through my usual homepages for new information .

/rushes back to continue Mashiro-Iro
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 15:54   Link #3004
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

wish I can read japanese w/o having to rely on eng/chinese translation patches ;_;

I guess time to hit up Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka after I am done with Hoshizora no Memoria fan disc
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 21:42   Link #3005
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Are most of these dubbed?
I can't read moonrunes at all >:
Old 2011-11-04, 23:42   Link #3006
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I think there is a partial translation patch for Yosuga no Sora somewhere containing Sora's route. Check the usual places...

I am stuck using eng/chinese translation patches so my choices are dated and limited.
Old 2011-11-05, 03:54   Link #3007
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Kana - my little sister, Crescendo, Da Capo, Suika, Princess Waltz have each an offical translation.
Canvas 2 has a complete fan-translation, Yosuga no Sora's is incomplete. As far as I know the common route + Kazuha's are translated. I don't know how outdated this information is, though.
Old 2011-11-05, 05:20   Link #3008
Balzac
Assistant Professor

If I remember it right, Da Capo's sequel is also completely translated. (though never bought it because I've already finished it including Plus Communication)
Old 2011-11-05, 10:50   Link #3009
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wish someone could come up with a game engine that would let we create animated 2D sprite and make variations of them without much effort. That would make anime production more cheap as well as VNs perform closer to anime. Most VNs played like reading text below multiple anime cutscenes without movement anyway. The only exceptions are VNs with characters in 3D (which don't look as nice as in 2D) and School Days which played like watching Full Motion Video...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 12:38   Link #3010
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I wish someone could come up with a game engine that would let we create animated 2D sprite and make variations of them without much effort. That would make anime production more cheap as well as VNs perform closer to anime. Most VNs played like reading text below multiple anime cutscenes without movement anyway. The only exceptions are VNs with characters in 3D (which don't look as nice as in 2D) and School Days which played like watching Full Motion Video...
School Days come into mind. Its still a lot of work to lets say, anime a mouth talking (no face movements). I rather have highly detailed still images then cheaply animed sprites.
Old 2011-11-07, 16:11   Link #3011
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I started playing Renai 0 km. Uhm ... I think I shouldn't expect too much after reading a non-spoiler summary. Some of the character expressions are plain ugly and the main is ... beyond clueless/dense. I realized myself that I thought this for most main leads (Sucre!), but really the first few hours in and I feel like my heart is crying to exaggerate it.
Old 2011-11-07, 17:48   Link #3012
hyl
reading #hikaributts

"crying to exaggerate it" in a good or bad way?

I am playing the game for the silly plot, voice acting (which is really funny at some times) and for the laughs though.

edit: most of the stupid looking expressions are for the comedic moments, especially the expressions that Nokia makes.

edit: the silly plot overall wouldn't have worked if the main character was not so dense

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-07 at 18:30. Reason: typo
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 18:26   Link #3013
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, Ren'ai 0km is probably what you'd call a "baka-ge", I guess. The whole comedy revolves around a whole bunch of really exaggerated eccentric people being really exaggerated and eccentric. The protagonist is no exception. And yeah, those stupid expressions, and SD CGs...

The humour in this game is certainly an "acquired taste", I guess, at least from the trial.
Old 2011-11-07, 21:12   Link #3014
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Finished Hoshizora no Memoria fan disc. Not as good as the original but it does deliver more of what I like about Hoshizora. Kosame's short story sucked but Komomo has everything I love about the twin sisters (12/10!).

Have a small selection of VNs to choose from, I rolled a dice and chose Flyable Heart.

Urg my eyes! The pinkness may give me nightmares...
Old 2011-11-07, 21:20   Link #3015
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Oh that crazy dream in the introductions That gave me laughs and almost made me lose hope apparently on playing the vn overall
Old 2011-11-07, 23:39   Link #3016
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I don't remember names, but I still hold to the belief that

Spoiler:

Of course, it's something I'm not about to set about proving at this point, the game tried its hardest to present proofs how the above theory is wrong. That situation was one of the only things that made me like and remember Flyable heart.
Old 2011-11-08, 00:27   Link #3017
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post

Spoiler:

Of course, it's something I'm not about to set about proving at this point, the game tried its hardest to present proofs how the above theory is wrong. That situation was one of the only things that made me like and remember Flyable heart.
hmm... so I do not really like the clothing design. Probably going down the Sakurako route , haven't really gotten to know Amane yet~.
Old 2011-11-08, 00:27   Link #3018
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post

Spoiler:

It's been a while, but...

Spoiler for Flyable Heart ending spoilers; DO NOT read if you are playing the game or are planning to:
...then again, it's been a while so maybe I'm forgetting the actual ending details.
Old 2011-11-08, 00:49   Link #3019
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's been a while, but...

Spoiler for Flyable Heart ending spoilers; DO NOT read if you are playing the game or are planning to:
...then again, it's been a while so maybe I'm forgetting the actual ending details.
Spoiler for Flyable Heart spoilers:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 01:31   Link #3020
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
urg, I REALLY cannot stand koihime mosou...
Turning three kingdoms into a VN to me is like.... a VN with Albert Einstein, Issac Newton, Galileo, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs that is feminized...

Whenever you date Einstein-chan I bet you cannot get this img out of your head:
Spoiler for size:

(Newton-chan and Jobs-chan would also be best friends because they both love apples....)
Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm more surprised the Japanese hadn't already make something like this. Like, a VN where all philosophers and scientists of old and new gets niji-fied. To be honest I'm interested with the idea .

I can't stand Koihime in a different meaning. I literally couldn't stand after playing it. It extracted everything out of me

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel