AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-18, 06:59   Link #901
rejer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Hmm, about Miyuki... *goes to dig up summer vacation chapter Vol5 Ch1* (Dang, never actually checked the dang volume cover till now )

Found it:
Spoiler:

tl;dr - Miyuki's not a love interest for Tatsuya, at least at this point.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
I hear the war drums of the Miyuki guard...

edit: also, does that mean Mayumi's the furthest ahead/most viable right now?
I can be the newest member of the Miyuki Guard.
Old 2012-05-18, 07:26   Link #902
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

The first kanji reads as "koi" or "ai" (love) if it was what you were asking.
Old 2012-05-18, 07:31   Link #903
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Hmm, about Miyuki... *goes to dig up summer vacation chapter Vol5 Ch1* (Dang, never actually checked the dang volume cover till now )

Found it:
Spoiler:

tl;dr - Miyuki's not a love interest for Tatsuya, at least at this point.
I wonder, I'm always thinking of that as her 'self denial'.
Old 2012-05-18, 07:31   Link #904
Seitsuki
Onee!

恋爱 = romantic love. In Greek would be close to Eros. (as opposed to familial love or friendly love)

Honestly though reading through that section.. sighhh why are you deluding yourself? I mean even she admits it's not very convincing at all..
Old 2012-05-18, 08:11   Link #905
Mentar
Banned

Naah. The Miyuki Guard merely chuckles here

Flere: You only found the "Official Version", stated by Miyuki towards her rival. It's not like I believe that she's lying here - but this is merely what she's trying to convince herself of. Her rationalization of her feelings towards Tatsuya. There cannot be what there must not be. IIRC there was a "this is what I've been telling myself all the time" line later on, which indicates that (not so) deep down inside she knows she's merely deluding herself. In Web6, it's becoming very explicit, where she worries what will become of her when her interest in Tatsuya as a guy will supersede her interest in Tatsuya as her brother.

That aside, I'm a Miyuki shipper not merely for the tension with Tatsuya, this is just a minor part of her appeal for me. It's the full package which counts - smart, kind, considerate and capable. And, of course, her beauty. I wonder how many guys like me who had imoutos of their own are out there who would have loved to have a Miyuki instead *ducks into cover*

Seitsuki: Any news on "Yuutousei"? Do you still need the raws?
Old 2012-05-18, 08:12   Link #906
rejer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
The first kanji reads as "koi" or "ai" (love) if it was what you were asking.
Spoiler for :

Err, I was wondering how this part was written in the original novel. If it's not 恋愛 then which kanji was used for here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
That aside, I'm a Miyuki shipper not merely for the tension with Tatsuya, this is just a minor part of her appeal for me. It's the full package which counts - smart, kind, considerate and capable. And, of course, her beauty. I wonder how many guys like me who had imoutos of their own are out there who would have loved to have a Miyuki instead *ducks into cover*
You had an imouto of your own? But
Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-18, 09:15   Link #907
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
lol I would never trade my wee sister in no matter what but I do happen to think "I would love to have her as my wee sis!" at times and Miyuki would be one of them times.
But each time I do think that I curse myself for ever thinking it!

And yea it's all about the whole Miyuki package here, not just cause she's the oh so kawaii imouto.
It's everything about her and how her relationship with Tatsuya is.
Old 2012-05-18, 14:08   Link #908
kfcpanda

Quote:

Flere: You only found the "Official Version", stated by Miyuki towards her rival. It's not like I believe that she's lying here - but this is merely what she's trying to convince herself of. Her rationalization of her feelings towards Tatsuya. There cannot be what there must not be. IIRC there was a "this is what I've been telling myself all the time" line later on, which indicates that (not so) deep down inside she knows she's merely deluding herself. In Web6, it's becoming very explicit, where she worries what will become of her when her interest in Tatsuya as a guy will supersede her interest in Tatsuya as her brother.

As much as I prefer Mayumi, I have to concede that I agree with you guys on this one. That being said, I just want the author to expand on at least one of these paths soon.
Old 2012-05-18, 15:22   Link #909
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
As much as I prefer Mayumi, I have to concede that I agree with you guys on this one. That being said, I just want the author to expand on at least one of these paths soon.
If he expands a route it will probably be Miyuki, as she is the only person he can value, though I'd prefer Mayumi over her
Old 2012-05-18, 15:22   Link #910
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Come on, you doubt my dedication to Her Highness that much?

I finished the script two days ago, just waiting on the group to do the rest of the cleaning/typesetting/editing/releasing.

Quote:
wonder how many guys like me who had imoutos of their own are out there who would have loved to have a Miyuki instead
...... ;_;
Old 2012-05-18, 16:42   Link #911
kfcpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
If he expands a route it will probably be Miyuki, as she is the only person he can value, though I'd prefer Mayumi over her
Eh that I'm not so sure on.
I think both Miyuki and Mayumi are both possible as the author is already putting it out there that Tatsuya is gradually regaining emotions & whtanot.

Also: Seitsuki, where would that be? On BT or another site?
Old 2012-05-19, 01:13   Link #912
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:

Some of us only read Chinese versions, and the fans haven't translated that far yet ;_; (the 4 that's currently doing Web 5 are being treated like gods at Tieba though IIRC )
Though even in Web 5 there's have been some hints Tatsuya is indeed getting his emotions back. He's slowly losing his justification of having the 'dense' part of a harem genre main male character (half the time he actually can tell the girl might be gunning for him, a rarity for male MCs )

I like the chemistry between Miyuki and Tatsuya and would support them, if it wasn't for undeniable fact they're blood-related (they had DNA tests done multiple times). Mayumi is AFAIK the runner up, so Tatsuya might end up with her, who knows? (I've only read up to Web 5 pt11 or so right now, dunno how Tatsuya+'Sirius' might turn out... though it might be 'replacement goldfish' thinking on my part, what with Sirius being described as being like a Western version of Miyuki )
Old 2012-05-19, 19:46   Link #913
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Some of us only read Chinese versions, and the fans haven't translated that far yet ;_; (the 4 that's currently doing Web 5 are being treated like gods at Tieba though IIRC )
Though even in Web 5 there's have been some hints Tatsuya is indeed getting his emotions back. He's slowly losing his justification of having the 'dense' part of a harem genre main male character (half the time he actually can tell the girl might be gunning for him, a rarity for male MCs )

I like the chemistry between Miyuki and Tatsuya and would support them, if it wasn't for undeniable fact they're blood-related (they had DNA tests done multiple times). Mayumi is AFAIK the runner up, so Tatsuya might end up with her, who knows? (I've only read up to Web 5 pt11 or so right now, dunno how Tatsuya+'Sirius' might turn out... though it might be 'replacement goldfish' thinking on my part, what with Sirius being described as being like a Western version of Miyuki )
western version of Miyuki....
cute but unrelated by blood
smart but not an imouto
female but not a blood relative
charming but aggressive.. now that's a weapon (Merchant from Resident Evil 4)
remind me to Shizuku Sangou from Kampfer

so it's a good rival for Mayumi and Honoka
Old 2012-05-19, 22:44   Link #914
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Mayumi graduating but don't worry we got the Saegusa twins coming in.
Old 2012-05-21, 04:08   Link #915
deathcoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Mayumi graduating but don't worry we got the Saegusa twins coming in.
Graduation... I hope the author wont use that as an excuse to thin the cast or intro new characters, thats a pretty cheapskate easy way out.

There should be a death of a major secondary character or something, i find its lacking an event of substantial impact to the readers... Maybe its kinda early, but still lol...

And im still looking forward to a katsuto vs tatsuya showdown... or even better the juumonji head vs tatsuya, i dunno if katsuto is stronger or the current juumonji head, i just want an ultimate defense vs offense battle...

Last edited by deathcoy; 2012-05-21 at 04:36.
Old 2012-05-21, 07:10   Link #916
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
Graduation... I hope the author wont use that as an excuse to thin the cast or intro new characters, thats a pretty cheapskate easy way out.

There should be a death of a major secondary character or something, i find its lacking an event of substantial impact to the readers... Maybe its kinda early, but still lol...

And im still looking forward to a katsuto vs tatsuya showdown... or even better the juumonji head vs tatsuya, i dunno if katsuto is stronger or the current juumonji head, i just want an ultimate defense vs offense battle...
I don't think there are any reason (as of now) whyTatsuya should fight against Katsuto, as Katsuto believes himself to be the stronger one after arc 2 and Tatsuya isn't the type to actively challenge someone.

Web arcs feature the 1st year, two more years to go. I wouldn't be surprised if in the last few arcs some characters end up dying.
Old 2012-05-21, 15:36   Link #917
kfcpanda

Remind me again who Katsuto is again?

I can't seem to recall immediately who he is..
Old 2012-05-21, 16:07   Link #918
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Remind me again who Katsuto is again?

I can't seem to recall immediately who he is..
Well, I truly feel sorry for Katsuto for being forgotten easily. He's one of the Big Three of the 1st high school alongside Mayumi and Mari as well as the heir to the Ten Family (Juumonji). He seems to be the strongest of the three too and his Phalanx magic is really troublesome even to Tatsuya.
Old 2012-05-22, 00:48   Link #919
kfcpanda

Oh yeah...I just always thought of him by Juumonji heh.
He's one year ahead of Tatsuya/Miyuki, right?

Is there any actual new content being created right now?
Or is it just retelling of the web arcs into light novels?
Old 2012-05-22, 04:15   Link #920
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Is there any actual new content being created right now?
Or is it just retelling of the web arcs into light novels?
Mostly re-telling the Web arcs, though Vol5 are short stories not based from Web stories.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings