AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-06, 23:18   Link #441
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Whoa, dude. (for lack of a better phrase)

[Which book is this? I think it's a "DO WANT" case...]

Good stuff, though. Wonderful stuff! Gets me riled up again about the series.

(and it seems I don't hate the anime so much nao. Isn't that nice... Just in time for its sort-of licensing.)
Old 2008-03-11, 16:21   Link #442
Iriliane

The scans come from the Bokurano Official Book:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%80%8C%E3...ef=pd_ys_iyr11

The first half of the book is dedicated to episode synopsis and analysis for the anime with comparisons to the manga. The second half is split between interviews with various people (Kitoh, Morita, Chiaki Ishikawa, Renji Ohki) as well as some analysis of the manga.

Also, the April chapter for Bokurano is out now. Kana's opponent seems to be piloting another Cancer type robot (Kodama's opponent). Things don't seem to have gone too far south yet and given the opponent still has 7 lights it's probably not that tough.
Old 2008-03-11, 22:20   Link #443
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Oh, man, do I want that book. The cover is so pretty... and it certainly sounds interesting! (darn amazon japan for hating me so!)

Its nice to know the manga is at least progressing... I guess we'll all read Kana's chapters in a big chunk when its all put together.

(still wondering how the manga will end. The anime had a bit more "why" with it as with the whutsamacallits, but Kitoh seems to be moving more with the characters and their developments themselves. Anyone feel the same, or am I just missing the point? I certainly hope not...)
Old 2008-03-18, 16:22   Link #444
jsrv

Anyone seen this before?
http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp...=4907953804609

It's a statue by R.A.W.S. I think it's too bad they picked the anime proportions of the design though, maybe the manga version was too complicated or had licensing issues?
Old 2008-03-18, 19:21   Link #445
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Yeah... the anime is probably more popular/more recognizable. Plus, color!

....I think it looks pretty spiffy. Not buying one, but spiffy it is.

Did I mention the translation for 51 is up at the usual place? (nothing much happening, but it looks like there's actually battle and

Spoiler for bwwwaaa!:

going on, so...?)
Old 2008-03-19, 19:43   Link #446
Narutaru4ever

About time the forum is alive again, finally some update. Also I'm very curious about that Bokurano Official Book, it looks very intresting, hope theres more updates about that book soon.
Old 2008-03-20, 15:58   Link #447
ellifeedn
Thinker

How many worlds do you think got, and will be, destroyed?
Old 2008-03-21, 20:00   Link #448
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Well, I figure it's like Highlander, or Milk Closet.

There can be... only one!
Old 2008-04-03, 23:55   Link #449
Diedrupo

Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-04, 17:14   Link #450
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

I'll have to say, even though it sounds totally *ughhh*, I must say I'm pleased with:

Spoiler for :>:

Thanks, I've been so in the dark! (chalk this volume up to Kana and only Kana, like volume 8, it seems. I think Kitoh's looking to end the series at 10, or, if he REALLY wants to screw with some people, the magic Narutaru number.
Old 2008-04-04, 19:43   Link #451
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruzen View Post
Thanks, I've been so in the dark! (chalk this volume up to Kana and only Kana, like volume 8, it seems. I think Kitoh's looking to end the series at 10, or, if he REALLY wants to screw with some people, the magic Narutaru number.
What is the "magic Narutaru number"?
Old 2008-04-04, 21:08   Link #452
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What is the "magic Narutaru number"?
12 volumes. T'is all. (Although, I think I'm honestly hoping for another ending liek so. :3 call me evil like that.)
Old 2008-04-22, 14:10   Link #453
Iriliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Spoiler:
One of your questions already was answered in 52.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-22, 21:48   Link #454
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

...the only thing I can say to the above spoiler is "awughhgughhghaugh?!" I'm not sure why. Maybe it just caught me a bit off-guard.

Wait, I keep forgetting, so please forgive me... but when does Ikki come out, exactly? Does that mean 53 is just around the corner? And possibly the end of this arc as well?

Or does anyone sense another "whut a twist" coming on? Oooh, all we can do it waiiit...
Old 2008-04-24, 06:44   Link #455
Iriliane

New issue of IKKI comes out tomorrow and it will most likely be this arc's last chapter. So hopefully we'll have more English translated chapters soon too.

So. Anyone have any theories on who the replacement pilot is going to be? Jun seems like the obvious choice but Mr. Sasami and Kunio Shouji (though he hasn't been mentioned in a while) seem like good candidates as well.

Also, out of curiosity, did anyone read the short story that Kitoh published in Jump SQ this month? I was considering importing the issue to check it out but I haven't seen anyone talking about it anywhere.
Old 2008-04-24, 07:14   Link #456
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Short story?! oooooh , I hope someone gets that up. I didn't hear anything about it...

I honestly think it'll go one way or the other like you said, either Jun or Sasami/Shouji (but because the latter hasn't been mentioned, you'd imagine he wouldn't be the pilot...). He could either A) end it soon(er than I imagine a lot of us feel) by having Ushiro pilot (but then, I'm sure he could think of enough to happen after that) or B) develop more of the plot/surrounding havoc/ etc with the other pilots.

I don't know, sorry for the pointless rambling. I just want to keep this thread/series love alive, darn it!
Old 2008-04-28, 15:35   Link #457
Snowhart

Hi all I'm an italian Kitoh-san's fan (I read all of him!)! I looked so hard to find latest scans.. (Chapters 48-52 - Kana Ushiro) but I only found the text on mangascreener. Nobody kwows when they will be out? I love so much Kana.. I was really shocked at the end of chapter #47 and with this latest chapter he surprised me with Tanaka's action..
Old 2008-04-28, 20:26   Link #458
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Hey, there! It's very nice to meet you.

The scanslators at mangascreener are currently releasing by arcs, I believe; for instance, they released Kanji's in totality when it was all said and done. So, I believe we have this month's chapter, 53, as the end of Kana's arc, which means ms may just release chapters 48-53 then.

At least, this is what I've been led to think.
Old 2008-05-04, 03:29   Link #459
Diedrupo

chapter 53 (HUGE SPOILERS)
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-04, 12:35   Link #460
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriliane View Post
New issue of IKKI comes out tomorrow and it will most likely be this arc's last chapter. So hopefully we'll have more English translated chapters soon too.

So. Anyone have any theories on who the replacement pilot is going to be? Jun seems like the obvious choice but Mr. Sasami and Kunio Shouji (though he hasn't been mentioned in a while) seem like good candidates as well.

Also, out of curiosity, did anyone read the short story that Kitoh published in Jump SQ this month? I was considering importing the issue to check it out but I haven't seen anyone talking about it anywhere.
I just read it... I'll post a brief summary here (I live in Japan, though, so I'm not sure scans are out there, although they probably are since SQ Jump is quit popular).

Title: His Murder Plan
Spoiler:

Well, I thought it was pretty good for a one shot. Slighty disturbing, as usual.
Sam Pinansky
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen