Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-21, 23:35   Link #1
Korean_boi
BBOY

Send a message via AIM to Korean_boi
school-life with cool male leads

I've been watching lot's of "slice of life" series lately. And i've gotten some of my friends into them too. One of my friend's who is a girl asked for suggestions that has one of those characters that are the type of renaissance man if you will. so what's not a better way to gather some suggestion but from other people who watch anime. I'm also very interested anime that has these kinds of characters as well.

From her description "I want one of those series that like has the cool guy who's hot and is good at everything. Like everything. School-work, nice personality. oooh being good at sports is a biggie." this is a word for word quote. It came directly out of her mouth.

And to add onto her description, I would want suggestion containing her descriptive male character with the addition of those who get a lot of female attention. After all, I'm a guy. it would be kinda dry seeing only guys in anime.

She couldn't think of anything that she watched in the past. And neither could i. I don't remember which series sparked my own interest for this request as well...

Doesn't have to be harem. But anything will go. I'd bring up my old thread of suggestions but it's awhile ago and it's a few pages long , so i'd thought i bring up a fresh thread asking for suggestions. Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 2008-01-21, 23:40   Link #2
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru.
Old 2008-01-21, 23:45   Link #3
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Cromartie High School.
Old 2008-01-21, 23:52   Link #4
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhead View Post
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru.

Traps don't count.
Old 2008-01-21, 23:56   Link #5
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hm, it's hard to say anything will fit this completely but Suzuka is worth a try.
Old 2008-01-22, 01:04   Link #6
Korean_boi
BBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Hm, it's hard to say anything will fit this completely but Suzuka is worth a try.
Since I didn't mention any anime I've see that's similar too the suggestion request, I guess i'll just say if i've seen the series or not.

I've seen suzuka, but it doesn't really match the description. But he's really good at sports, don't know about anything else. And not that many girls are attracted to him. I forgot his name. I think it was akitsuki. But i'll tell ya one thing. a 10 second region time is really good for a high school student. I only wish i had that kind of time. I'm pretty darn close though. especially with indoor track counties coming up.

Thanks for the suggestion.

and what do you mean by traps?
Old 2008-01-22, 01:15   Link #7
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

ai kora (love and collage)
Old 2008-01-22, 02:16   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The male lead in Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances) fits the bill, I think. I know he's smart and athletic, and he does have a nice personality. The show is told mostly from the girl's perspective, though.
Old 2008-01-22, 03:07   Link #9
jedinat

Fruits Basket has Yuki
Aishiteru ze Baby has a male protagonist that may fit, though it's more just the personality aspect of your request
Ouran Koukou Host Club has a bunch of guys all the girls are crazy about
Nodame Cantabile has a smart, talented, and popular protagonist
A guy should enjoy all those, even Host club ^^;
Old 2008-01-22, 07:10   Link #10
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Traps don't count.
He didn't mention anything about traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korean_boi
I want one of those series that like has the cool guy who's hot and is good at everything.
Our onee-sama's not "that"?
Old 2008-01-22, 08:45   Link #11
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
I'll second "his and her circumstances" the two main characters in it are supposedly the perfect type good at everything etc theres some underlying stuff too

and strawberry panic for yuri! if you can convince her to wtach it i'm sure she'll lvoe it
Old 2008-01-22, 09:26   Link #12
Oloko

Send a message via MSN to Oloko
second
Aishiteruze Baby
His and Her Circumstances

I think the one that fit your description perfectly is: Ouran High School Host Club
Gunparade March has a cool guy in it too but hes not the main character.
Maybe Clannad would fit too? There is also George in Paradise Kiss that got every girl he want (even boy!).

You friend should look for shounen-ai this kind of anime often have this kind of guy in them.

I know there is a mistake in "Souufrance" but I lost my .psd
Animes:
Seen all
Masterpieces
Old 2008-01-22, 10:16   Link #13
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

why the hell isnt clannad and kanon mentioned?

also, junichi from da capo I(season 1 and 2) is cool for me
Old 2008-01-22, 10:24   Link #14
Phantasmagoria
*Author

It's because in clannad, our male protagonist doesn't do well in his studies.
He skip classes to pluck weeds.
Old 2008-01-22, 10:54   Link #15
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

meh, plucking weeds is better than school j/k

but i think what the thread starter was looking was more of a cool guy more than an intellectual one
Old 2008-01-22, 16:40   Link #16
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
i think what the thread starter was looking was more of a cool guy more than an intellectual one
Some people think intellectual guys are cool. Korean_boi's friend seems to be one of these:
Quote:
"I want one of those series that like has the cool guy who's hot and is good at everything. Like everything. School-work, nice personality. oooh being good at sports is a biggie."
Though being athletic does seem more important to her than being good at school work. I still think Arima from Kare Kano is the perfect match.
Old 2008-01-22, 20:06   Link #17
Korean_boi
BBOY

thx for the responses. I saw kare kano already It wasn't bad. What my friend is looking for is the guy who's good at everything. the renaissance man. Me? I'm just looking for that guy who's a pimp because of his looks and what he does. ie. He playing in some sort of sports game and he totally kicks his opponents ass and the girls start flooding in. I find that fun to watch. I guess my friend wants the cool type guy who's nice and all.

and before anyone suggests it, i've seen school days, when i said pimp, i don't mean that kind of pimp. i do not want to go through that psychological horror again. though, i must say, the anger building up inside the audience dissipated quite nicely when
Spoiler for school days ending:

as for the other suggestion. I don't think my friend wants to see some guy on guy action. just some kind of school romance or school life with a guy who seems to attract every single girl in the school. I dunno if kanon counted for that.

the best description i can think of is the guy from digimon in the second season i think who's the evil emperor guy and also the cool guy who's good at sports and is a genius. ken was his name im pretty sure. so im looking for that kind of guy except the evil and digimon part :P
Old 2008-01-23, 15:11   Link #18
mit7059

Try BECK, it's one of my favorite slice of life animes

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2008-01-23, 17:35   Link #19
tbl
Affably Evil

I think Kei from Special A is exactly what you want. It starts airing in Spring.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-01-24, 22:34   Link #20
Shirozakii

Beck isn't a sol, it has an actual story line. Luky star's sol. But as for suggestions, I second aishitezure baby. Hes not smart but hes really really cool.
Closed Thread