AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-12, 07:19   Link #161
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion21 View Post
Who designed that ridiculous uniform? i mean i dont normally have any problem with sexy armour/clothing, but this just seems ridiculous for a school uniform.
Mishima Kurone, Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo's LN illustrator, designed the uniforms and characters of Akashic.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 07:24   Link #162
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Mishima Kurone, Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo's LN illustrator, designed the uniforms and characters of Akashic.
But did he do it all by himself, or did the author give him the basic idea and he was stuck with drawing that design as best he can?
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 08:01   Link #163
RDNexus

Most surely, alongside the author's directions, the plot itself and some editorial meddling, all contributed to said final result.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 08:09   Link #164
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
And yet he defeated several dark mages at once to save Sistine's friend before. And going by the record of it being more than one its unlikely that it was with his original spell.
Yes, by using his original magic and cqc. Which is something he has to do as he suck in regular magic. As I said Glenn lost in moment he established rules of duel.
Old 2017-04-12, 08:20   Link #165
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
ep2

it was...ok,

i wish the MC was more magic-using instead of going the overused route of a MC who negates the other peoples powers
Not as overused as the MC who can solo everything with one spell because he is special or happened to to use a spell that no one else can use it.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 09:45   Link #166
The Green One

Cheer up, he could of been.... THE CHOSEN ONE *trumpets and fanfare play*.

Besides, how many MCs beside Touma can you mention that negates other people's powers and that's their primary ability? I can't honestly think of any others off the top of my head, so can they really be that overused?
Old 2017-04-12, 10:40   Link #167
Tenzen12

I could say few, than again as someone already noted, "Fools world" can't negate magic, it can only stop it's activation. I think subers could use better/more accurate wording when Glenn explained details.

You know it's kinda prevention vs treatment kind of thing.
Old 2017-04-12, 10:50   Link #168
Deim |Envy| Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Besides, how many MCs beside Touma can you mention that negates other people's powers and that's their primary ability? I can't honestly think of any others off the top of my head, so can they really be that overused?
Banagher Links from Gundam Unicorn can negates and takes control of others Newtype (Jedi in Gundam) power and uses it again them.

All joke aside, i admit it isnt MC with power-negate ability that overused, it's the concept of MC-who-fails-to-meet-social-standard-of-strong-but-have-an-underrated-ability-that-he-can-use-to-his-advantage-throught-quickwit.

This type of MC is not bad, but if you execute it wrong, you will get a naccisstic unrelatble arrogant bastard who act lazy all the time but some how being all knowledgable and strategic for the sake of kickinh asses.
Deim |Envy| Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 10:59   Link #169
DemonneoPT

Episode 2:

This was actually really good and changed my first impression of the anime. The way magic is explained by giving it a little more in-depth theory behind it's science was indeed interesting. A little bit like Mahouka but without getting way too technical about it. I'm impressed since most magical shows don't even bother to make any sense with their basic plot..lol. The MC also continues to surprise me. He is funny and troll yet is also capable of great things. My favorite part is definitely his interactions with the female cast. It's quite refreshing from the usual harem trope since the fanservice is well integrated in the comedic scenes (i rarelly see this happen) and suddenly the MC's trolling actually opened the door for the introduction to the past of the main girls, their current motivations and how magic really works. Nicely done!! So far, only when the girls interact with each other is when the show is at it's lowest and therefore being the only exception to what i said above. That boob grab in the first episode was so bad and unecessary i still cringe about it
Anyway, i think i will not regret following this one except for the fact this will never be completed in the anime version just like most of the shows these days

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2017-04-12 at 12:57.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 11:31   Link #170
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

I can think of one guy: Oni-sama who happened to have anti-magic spells, pro at taijutsu and ranged OHKO and immortality.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 11:46   Link #171
Hakai

I loved Glenn's reaction when he caught that guy assaulting Sisti, "Sorry for interrupting"
What a bastard

Celica's so cute when she was bragging about her apprentice.
Old 2017-04-12, 12:19   Link #172
gocav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin View Post
I loved Glenn's reaction when he caught that guy assaulting Sisti, "Sorry for interrupting"
What a bastard
I think the later comment to make up her mind on whether she wants him to save her or run was even better.
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 12:35   Link #173
nicky.
animesuki

I love how this main character guy is so realistic with everyone.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 12:54   Link #174
Botan_TM

Second episode was much better than first. Part with magic good for killing was a nice bucket of cold water on young heads.

I only dislike a rape scene. I'm not against those, but here is quite hard to justify having a some special group of (I guess) well trained soldiers or military group, finding a time for raping during making a raid for specific target in the best magic academy in country during a day. Shouldn't it be just go, get a girl and go out?
Old 2017-04-12, 13:00   Link #175
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Konosuba anime's artwork looks nothing like in the LN >.>
Old 2017-04-12, 13:45   Link #176
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Not as overused as the MC who can solo everything with one spell because he is special or happened to to use a spell that no one else can use it.
actually i would think the MCs who solo with a single move are a lot harder to find, OP MCs exist a lot in webnovels and official works but truly finishing with a single move? the only one i can remember is OPM :/

but that wasnt the point anyway,
only because there is another troupe that is used even more doesnt mean the one i mentioned became easier to accept
Quote:
that can always appear later, remember naruto became the chosen one after 600+ chapters
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 13:56   Link #177
nicky.
animesuki

When the guy got his ass kicked, he exclaimed, "the imperial army combat style!".
Um, if you know the style well enough to recognize it within 5 seconds of getting beat up, you probably know it well enough to.. oh, maybe.. USE IT YOURSELF.
Do these writers think anything through?
Anyway, after this episode, it's now quite obvious that this is not a parody anime. So, hope episode 3 is an upgrade or else this might be sitting in the dropbox.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 14:09   Link #178
Tenzen12

No? I myself can recognize karate or Mhua Thai by stance alone, but hell if that makes me proficient combatant
Old 2017-04-12, 14:11   Link #179
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathAngelBR View Post
Here's a 4th vote of confidence. I was totally not expecting it to be this good, thought it would be a dumb harem show.
Well, it could still be a dumb harem show. But unlike ep 1, ep 2 was entertaining, and the characters became likeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
When the guy got his ass kicked, he exclaimed, "the imperial army combat style!".
Um, if you know the style well enough to recognize it within 5 seconds of getting beat up, you probably know it well enough to.. oh, maybe.. USE IT YOURSELF.
Do these writers think anything through?
There's a big difference between being able to recognize a style and being able to use it. Maybe he's seen it a lot, maybe he even knows the basics... but his actual fighting style is to shoot people, not engage in fisticuffs. He never expected something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
What is magic for?

Glen attempted to disillusion his students by telling them that all that magic is good for is killing people.
He's right AND wrong though. For some people, magic gives them direction, and that's all that matters. Rumia wanted to thank her savior, while Sisti wanted to reach Melgalius. Also, people can use anything for destructive purposes. Medicinal knowledge can be use to kill people by surgically pinpointing where a person can be harmed with greater efficiency, and agricultural knowledge allows one person to sabotage a entire season's worth of crops. It all depends on the person itself.
Yes, but his point is, what's the use of magic except killing people? Medical knowledge can kill, but it can cure. Magic can kill, but it can... make pretty light shows?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 14:17   Link #180
rladls2121

I might have heard it wrong, Lumia once told Glenn that she got kidnapped by the 10 bad magicians.
Really, these bad magicians were not just bad magicians as we found out who Lumia actually is.

It is like Glenn killed them or something to save Lumia.
And why? What drove Glenn at that moment as far as doing something like a massacre as shown in the background?

Here in this episode, Glenn was able to beat two of them with not much of a sweat, such difference.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote