AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-18, 15:27   Link #11521
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
I never said anything about Gino. I was musing on various possibilities about the lines being negative or positive to their character, and how the other lines have been portrayed so far, or could be portrayed later. My stance on the entire Gino issue is: Taniguchi made Kallen into a whore if it happens. Rai/her mother at least make some sense since one is family and the other has an entire story dedicated to it in Lost Colors.

I believe that the most probable is to Lelouch, or about Lelouch. I am simply running through the various possibilities in these last few days to pass the time.
Yeah, I know you didn't mention Gino, I was just saying that imo saying the Gum line to herself would make less sense than saying it to Gino.

Concerning your theory, it makes sense. But I think the indication it gives is a bit too vague : there are quite many ways to see her line as negative, whoever she says it to. I am not sure what we could infer from it.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 15:28   Link #11522
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i would rather face her as an enemy then try and get her on his side
granted one soldier does not detemine the course of a war
but kallen is no more a normal soldier then suzaku is
in fact she is the only one who poses a real threat to suzaku
but rather then try and gain a HUGE tactical advantege by trying to turn her to his side he instead takes a huge risk by keeping her on his enemy's side (also a risk for her, which would be odd)
Still, he would not give up his life, and more than likely hers as a result of Schneizel's victory following his death, just to keep her in the dark. If push comes to shove, he will give her something to earn her trust.
Old 2008-09-18, 15:30   Link #11523
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Still, he would not give up his life, and more than likely hers as a result of Schneizel's victory following his death, just to keep her in the dark. If push comes to shove, he will give her something to earn her trust.
Well they have to leave us in suspense somehow. If Kallen had gone over to Lelouch's side then it would be a rollover victory for Lelouch because nothing can stand up to Suzaku and Kallen with Lelouch's tactical abilities to lead them.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 15:32   Link #11524
Baixinho

Quote:
i would rather face her as an enemy then try and get her on his side
granted one soldier does not detemine the course of a war
but kallen is no more a normal soldier then suzaku is
in fact she is the only one who poses a real threat to suzaku
but rather then try and gain a HUGE tactical advantege by trying to turn her to his side he instead takes a huge risk by keeping her on his enemy's side (also a risk for her, which would be odd)
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the point you're making here : are you giving an explaination to why the fact that he doesn't say anything when she is about to kill him is what gives her a hint that he is hiding something?
Old 2008-09-18, 15:32   Link #11525
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well they have to leave us in suspense somehow. If Kallen had gone over to Lelouch's side then it would be a rollover victory for Lelouch because nothing can stand up to Suzaku and Kallen with Lelouch's tactical abilities to lead them.
Those two could dismantle any army together. Of course. Schneizel would have probably bolted into space before they could act. I think the only reason he's still on the ground is for one last chance to one-up Lelouch.
Old 2008-09-18, 15:34   Link #11526
Baixinho

Quote:
Yeah it would have been kinda overkill
Old 2008-09-18, 15:38   Link #11527
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Those two could dismantle any army together. Of course. Schneizel would have probably bolted into space before they could act. I think the only reason he's still on the ground is for one last chance to one-up Lelouch.
Or it could be that he needs time to get up there. I mean without an army protecting the thing, Gurren and Lancelot could easily over take a floating fortress and dismantle it form the inside out.
Old 2008-09-18, 15:40   Link #11528
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Or it could be that he needs time to get up there. I mean without an army protecting the thing, Gurren and Lancelot could easily over take a floating fortress and dismantle it form the inside out.
This goes back to its introduction episode, though. How the hell did something so damn big (and by extension probably fairly slow) fly to and nuke Pendragon without someone noticing? I think he could have reached space by now if he needed to.
Old 2008-09-18, 15:44   Link #11529
Tael
Banned

Quote:
This goes back to its introduction episode, though. How the hell did something so damn big (and by extension probably fairly slow) fly to and nuke Pendragon without someone noticing? I think he could have reached space by now if he needed to.
It likely would have. It seems to be like that UFN are nothing more than a stalling tool for Lelouch against Schneizel. If he knows where the UFN are, he knows where the seemingly stealth Damocles is.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 15:47   Link #11530
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Well I thought they perhaps had some gefgun disturbers loaded on there to give them the stealth capabilities. or just a suspension of disbelief as something that big cannot move at that great of a speed especially when it is not aero dynamic. Regardless he would not be able to outrun the Gurren and Lancelot in the Damocles.
Old 2008-09-18, 15:49   Link #11531
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Well it gets from Point A to Point B by flying up into space so I guess if it moves slowly enough.

That or the radar techs thought it was a giant flock of birds.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 16:14   Link #11532
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the point you're making here : are you giving an explaination to why the fact that he doesn't say anything when she is about to kill him is what gives her a hint that he is hiding something?
yes
thats what i mean
Old 2008-09-18, 16:27   Link #11533
Baixinho

Quote:
yes
thats what i mean
Then yes, I agree that it would.

But, for the reasons I already said, I don't think he will let her kill him : he would think it is too early.
Old 2008-09-18, 16:29   Link #11534
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Then yes, I agree that it would.

But, for the reasons I already said, I don't think he will let her kill him : he would think it is too early.
which leaves the question of how he convinces her not to (unless they cheat us out of it and have someone step in)
Old 2008-09-18, 16:31   Link #11535
Baixinho

I was thinking of something like "Wait, if you kill me now, it will all have been for nothing!"

It should give her a hint that there was a good reason for him to act the way he did
Old 2008-09-18, 16:35   Link #11536
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
I was thinking of something like "Wait, if you kill me now, it will all have been for nothing!"

It should give her a hint that there was a good reason for him to act the way he did
but she wont leave it at that
she'd want to know the truth
and if when faced with that he still doesnt tell her then it makes an even bigger impact
its also a good set up for the gum line (why wont you let me in?, gum line)
Old 2008-09-18, 16:36   Link #11537
lovecakecookies

Quote:
which leaves the question of how he convinces her not to (unless they cheat us out of it and have someone step in)

I don't want anyone to step in either, its too predicable, by looking at the preview you can easily assume C.C/Suzaku step in.. I want her to not kill him because she HERSELF can't bring herself to do it..but *sigh* we will have to see..
Old 2008-09-18, 16:37   Link #11538
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I don't want anyone to step in either, its too predicable, by looking at the preview you can easily assume C.C/Suzaku step in.. I want her to not kill him because she HERSELF can't bring herself to do it..but *sigh* we will have to see..
It's almost guaranteed that someone will step in, even if its Elmo.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 16:38   Link #11539
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I will actually laugh if they decide to just trash Kallen's character next episode, honestly. With all this buildup, it would actually be rather funny if it's something simple, if Kallen lets blundering stupidity take hold of her, or if she just gets interrupted.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 16:39   Link #11540
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
It's almost guaranteed that someone will step in, even if its Elmo.
probably C.C
but i rather she uses her mental trick on kallen rather then the pinkcelot
i rather see them talk then fight