AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 228 77.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 13.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 5.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.68%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-08, 19:12   Link #301
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thank goodness that Van Damme movie doesn't even remotely resemble any kind of physical theory that makes sense....

One of the physical theories that makes sense also implies some hyperdimensional description of the universe like some vast crystal that we can only see parts of. Unfortunately, that also means "free will" is only an artifact of 3 dimensional space

and now we're definitely into ontology...
Old 2006-06-09, 00:11   Link #302
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, to bring the topic back to normal:

I just read novel 1 in chinese and then I picked up something, during the first time Mikuru got into the maid costume. Haruhi took the specs from Yuki and placed them on Mikuru.

At this point Kyon noticed that it was weird how Yuki could read without her specs. I guess it was also the time when he first realised Yuki is cuter without specs.

Also before the fight Yuki never once appeared in other clothes except the school uniform + cardigan she probably was 'programmed' with. I think it's safe to say that after this episode she also learnt to wear other clothes. Or is there some other part in the novels that caused Yuki to start changing clothes?

Yuki appearing in other clothes should have been a much bigger deal at first, but I think all the fan art of Yuki wearing all sorts of stuff probably dulled the effect lol

EDIT:

Just 16 more posts in this thread, to make it the longest Episode Discussion Thread so far! Post more everyone!
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-09, 00:35   Link #303
Pakxenon
popcorn

What I don't understand is how the Baseball episode is the most "popular". o_O

Well, at least Yuki is conscience of summer attire, as shown in Remote Island Syndrome...
Old 2006-06-09, 00:45   Link #304
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea, if we can't understand why, we should just make this episode, which we understand why, the most popular episode lol

Does Yuki have actual human anatomy or is she just has an exterior package for data?

She doesn't look like she needs to sleep or have the ability to sweat and stuff lol

Old 2006-06-09, 01:14   Link #305
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Yea, if we can't understand why, we should just make this episode, which we understand why, the most popular episode lol

Does Yuki have actual human anatomy or is she just has an exterior package for data?

She doesn't look like she needs to sleep or have the ability to sweat and stuff lol
She can eat, and she does bleed. I'm inclined to believe Yuki would appear perfectly normal under a medical exam. (X-rays, blood test, skin sample, etc)

Most of her capabilities are not related to physiology, no more than you could cut a wizard open to find out how magic is cast. For the lack of a better word, her "soul" (the data) is what powers her supernatural capabilities. It's very possible that she augments her body with her powers, so things like food and rest becomes optional.

Beside that, though, Yuki does have an insane capability to operate IT equipment. And all without "spellcasting". You will see her in action in a few days.
Old 2006-06-09, 01:19   Link #306
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm I see, well conveyed through normal human language.

But matter and everything else in the universe is data as well right? Not just her soul. Ryoko by damaging her body is trying to destroy her data physically.

Can't wait to see battle lol

Old 2006-06-09, 01:48   Link #307
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Corruption of storage medium is the only surefire way to destroy data, in Yuki and Ryoko's case that would be physical body. However, remember well that hardware is simply petrified software, so for data entity body might merely be serving as a petrified alternate form of their data.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-09, 01:48   Link #308
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

also.. since she can manipulate the structures of reality at will... its fairly simple for her to keep her body in adequate condition to meet the requirements of observation.

Looks perfectly human but all kind of constant maintenance on it at the quantum level.
Old 2006-06-09, 01:55   Link #309
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Von Nieumann architecture is the only widely successful way that we human can think of microarchitecture.... CPU, ALU, RAM, HDD and I/O. All of our computer today is just layer upon layer of this overlapping atop each other in parallel and on top of one another.

For the case of human being, we have synapses for storage if information inside brain cells. This is a different form of parallalism. No doubt data entity might have emulated this form of parallelism base on a fundamental architecture in the construction of Nagato... how it is implemented is beyond of course.

Human does maintainance of cellular structure, although there is limitation with genetic material degration to keep in mind... our reproduction is also in some way, a form of data retention. We forget things by having the synapse connection severed.

Wonder how data entity does this... they seem to have a fail-safe memory storage that just keeps storing without end.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-09, 03:13   Link #310
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, maybe the Data Entities can store data in the 11 dimensions?

Just look at the SOS logo lol

Old 2006-06-09, 07:54   Link #311
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Rewatching the episode:

1. When trying to kill Kyon, I just get the feeling of Ryoko going "Higurashi-mode" when reading the novel, since there's only a one illustration. But here in the anime, KyoAni did a better job of retaining her usual cuteness, unconcerned that she's about to kill someone, since she isn't human after all, she's not supposed to look like a maniac.

2. I like the part where Yuki pulls the spear out of her impaled body and then watch it morph back into a table, which the spear was originally made from.

3. The gutted look on Taniguchi's face is priceless. All his fantasies of Yuki all thrown out of the window, betrayed by his buddy Kyon of all people.
Old 2006-06-09, 08:14   Link #312
M.D. Geist

Quote:
Well according to the "desks" in her body, and also Asakuras final lances ...
I think all these hits should at least hit 1 vital spot ...

Or Yuki has an even better regenaration rate than Majin Boo !
Old 2006-06-09, 09:14   Link #313
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.D. Geist
Well according to the "desks" in her body, and also Asakuras final lances ...
I think all these hits should at least hit 1 vital spot ...

Or Yuki has an even better regenaration rate than Majin Boo !
The better excuse is she's an alien, so there's nothing to see here.
Old 2006-06-09, 09:30   Link #314
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasuraiHell
of course she did, hence no reconstruction of her glasses when she got back XD., right now Yuki is the essence of ownage, and kawaiiness!.,

Spoiler:

I dont think anything bad will happen to Miku i think what she ment by the comment she made is that at some point the Miku that Kyon knows now will have to go back to her own time, the future Miku is evidence of this since she is obvioulsy older than the MIku that Kyon knows now. I am glad that the 2 Mikus didnt meet cause then we would have to get into that whole how 2 of the same things cant occupy the same space and time crap. Im just guessing but since we do see an older version i thinking everything turned out ok
Old 2006-06-09, 09:38   Link #315
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ It's not like this theory stands you know As someone else said, it's essentially an older clone.
Old 2006-06-09, 09:44   Link #316
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
The a.f.k. sub's "Super-Size Me!" quote has been mentioned, but I really have to ponder what the original Japanese said, and what it meant.

I don't doubt that they chose the nearest English colloqualism, but my curiosity is piqued.
Old 2006-06-09, 09:51   Link #317
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Mikuru would have had to go back to her own time at some point as she will probably be recalled by her superiors at some point simply because she is not supposed to be in this time period in the first place.
Old 2006-06-09, 09:55   Link #318
M.D. Geist

concerning quotes/translation issues ...

important?

this looks like a homework assignment

however the left brackets kinda look odd
Old 2006-06-09, 10:09   Link #319
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
The better excuse is she's an alien, so there's nothing to see here.
Nagato is alien, though she still has a body of human. It's just that none of the parts that were hit are so vitual that Nagato will die in an instant. The only way to kill a person in an instant is to damage their brain. Even if you penetrate their heart it will still take a few second to die. If it's a normal person they would surely die. But for Nagato, who does not feel pain, can heal herself through data manipulation.

Quote:
Just 16 more posts in this thread, to make it the longest Episode Discussion Thread so far! Post more everyone!
2 more post after this to be the longest...

Lotus soup
lotus
pork
green bean
boil for two hours
Old 2006-06-09, 10:15   Link #320
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ Or maybe, the vital parts of a Data Entity rest in a different dimension, safe from 3D interaction