AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2007-01-09, 07:48   Link #261
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post
Shinku has decided to take up residence with me!

After smacking me aroudn the head and demanding Darjeeling, and calling my mother a lowly wench, i was able to please her by putting on Kunkun and giving her a flowery hamburger. She;'s chillin' with Scheris from S-cry-ed now.

Oh wow! I'm so jealous! I can't buy anything now for a month boo hoo
Old 2007-01-09, 12:55   Link #262
klinton

Send a message via Yahoo to klinton
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe View Post
wow, seems like you're collecting them all!
I hope to! It'll be cool to have all the maidens together. I'm thinking of grabbing an extra Bara to customize into Kira...but that really depends on my finances, hehehe.
klinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 21:41   Link #263
ashe
くぽ!

would you prefer to be called the new rozen or perhaps jun? that sure is cool. yep, they're quite expensive really. that is why as of now, for me suigintou will do. it'll be my very first pullip doll and somehow makes me feel excited. and good news just came in, it is set to arrive here this february, which is a month earlier from what i originally expected. i've recently just found out about a site that makes superb ball-jointed dolls also from korea (small trivia:jun planning is the distributor of pullip from korea) and came to think that it would be the perfect rozen maiden version if they were to make an RM series! the only thing bad about it is the price tag. you should check it out too, at least. for me there's nothing wrong with dreaming.. hehe
here's the site: http://www.dreamofdoll.com/
imagine suigintou of this make. it'll be like the actual ones!
Old 2007-01-10, 15:09   Link #264
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Oh wow! I'm so jealous! I can't buy anything now for a month boo hoo
well a guy on ebay is acutioning them off and Sugintou Yujins for cheap. Mine would have been much cheaper, but some evil scumbag bumped up my bids at the last 3 minutes. so it awas 16 pounds instead of 5
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 15:57   Link #265
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Oh wows!

Apparently the set of rozen maiden keychains actually DOES include Barasuisho! They have reamade it so the dolls have cuter facial expressions.

Last edited by Cinnabon-chan; 2007-01-10 at 16:21.
Old 2007-01-10, 16:31   Link #266
klinton

Quote:
i've recently just found out about a site that makes superb ball-jointed dolls also from korea (small trivia:jun planning is the distributor of pullip from korea) and came to think that it would be the perfect rozen maiden version if they were to make an RM series! the only thing bad about it is the price tag. you should check it out too, at least. for me there's nothing wrong with dreaming.. hehe
here's the site: http://www.dreamofdoll.com/
imagine suigintou of this make. it'll be like the actual ones!
Those are nice...but my interest in Rozen Maiden doesn't justify collecting 5-600$ dolls. I love the Rozen gals and want them hanging out in my room...but not that much.
Old 2007-01-10, 20:28   Link #267
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

im sure that Kirakishou will be omited
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 20:32   Link #268
klinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-FAN View Post
im sure that Kirakishou will be omited
I'm sure she'll continue to be ommited from most any merchandising (save art prints and such) until she takes a role in the animations. The three second dance at the the end of Traumend wasn't much for the number crunchers to go on...and ultimately they are the ones who decide what we see as merchandise (which is why we are only seeing garage kits at the present moment...they are more fan driven items).
Old 2007-01-12, 11:14   Link #269
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton View Post
I'm sure she'll continue to be ommited from most any merchandising (save art prints and such) until she takes a role in the animations. The three second dance at the the end of Traumend wasn't much for the number crunchers to go on...and ultimately they are the ones who decide what we see as merchandise (which is why we are only seeing garage kits at the present moment...they are more fan driven items).
I am really wanting season 3. It is pretty obvious we will be see more merchandising of her, since she probably will be the primairy villain.
Old 2007-01-14, 12:56   Link #270
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

I have asked a salesperson when the barasuisho pullip will arrive (i saw it advertised on Ebay.)

I was told July. I have also been told Junplanning seem to be releasing the dolls every two months/over month.

So if Gin is being released in Jan
Suiseiseki is being rleased in March
Then either Kana or Soseiseki is being released in May
Bara is being rleased in July
Then the final doll (either kana or soseiseki, i think it will be kana, since it woud make sense to releaste the twins together) is being rleased in September.

I think at least.

I am also hoping after the 3rd season, Junplanning will make a Kirakishou doll.
Old 2007-01-14, 15:32   Link #271
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(´ー` )ノ

Quote:
Those are nice...but my interest in Rozen Maiden doesn't justify collecting 5-600$ dolls. I love the Rozen gals and want them hanging out in my room...but not that much.
If I had enough money I wouldn't think twice about spending that much money on getting my own Suiseiseki doll. Though I would consider anyone insane if they demanded to be buried with their favorite doll. Looks the other way.
Suiseiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 18:03   Link #272
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Somewhere between "awesome" and "creepy"

beautifull designs, but having something like that in the house freaks me out
(though it beats a "real-doll")
Old 2007-01-15, 22:59   Link #273
klinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post
Im just guessing what accesories each doll will have (i really love the new images you posted, and you can see that Kana's hair is actually pale green). Im just wondering cos some dolls have more props an dpersonal effects then others.

Sugintou = Sword, some feathers maybe (yakult!)

Kanaria = parasol, egg roll, violin

Brasuisho = amythyst sword, perhaps some crystals

Suseiseki: Watering can, flowery hamburger (?)

Soseiseki: Shears
Here's a pic from a trade show showing the dolls with their accessories:

Old 2007-01-16, 07:23   Link #274
Ifurita
Demon God

Question

Those Pullips are cool! Now that I have a pre-order for my very own Gin and Desu, where can I go about finding doll cases that look like the ones from the show?
Ifurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 18:41   Link #275
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

A bit too frightening for me...
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 18:53   Link #276
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ i agree...they all look like clones from each other (well basically they are ) ~ im not into the whole "stare at you until you soil yourself" type dolls all i want is the real gin sama doll but that costs a bomb >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 14:24   Link #277
klinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ i agree...they all look like clones from each other (well basically they are ) >.<

Yup, they use the same sculpt for each doll. But when you look at the more detailed photos (a page or two back) you see that the makeup on each gives them all a distinct look.

Dunno...perhaps I'm partial to Pullips to begin with (I've met many a person who've collected them for years)...but I like 'em.
Old 2007-01-17, 14:26   Link #278
klinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifurita View Post
Those Pullips are cool! Now that I have a pre-order for my very own Gin and Desu, where can I go about finding doll cases that look like the ones from the show?
The one I showed in the thread is marketed by Frickart Dollyshop. It's not a local store (hehe) but they do do orders over the internet. The pricing though is pretty out there. You might have better luck shopping around at antique shops and figuring something else out...
Old 2007-01-18, 00:15   Link #279
miyu chan

Detective Shinku!

I got myself a Shinku Pullip for X-mas. I accessorized her with a hand crafted Kun-Kun Detective set.

I love that Shinku is such a Kun-Kun fangirl, it's so cute! I'm planning on further customizing my Shinku Pullip doll & making more accessories. A pink cane, a sleeping case, a brooch, and eventually maybe another outfit.

Now I thought I would talk a little about the doll itself, as far as quality. First off, I gotta say its kind of a cheaply made doll for it to retail at about $100. The dress is made of a very cheap faux velvet fabric, all the bows and ribbons are made of the same polyester blend fabric and don't even untie, they are sewn closed and snap together. The hair is a glued on wig, not rooted, and is made out of low quality plastic fibers that fall out easily. The body though is better than previous Pullip dolls, with only a couple visible screws and it's easier to pose. It is a fragile doll, definitely only for display and not for children; whenever I pose her I get all paranoid that some part of her might snap and or break '=o='; but even with all those tiny flaws, I still think she's the cutest out of the Rozen Maiden 'Pullips' and 'Dals'. Why couldn't they make the Rozen Maiden 'Dals' have smiles? I think it's really creepy to see Hinaichigo & Kaneria with big pouty frowns.

~on a side note, to those who have a Pullip doll, I'm wondering how you get both of her eyes to close at the same time? I can only get one at a time.

Last edited by miyu chan; 2007-01-18 at 00:51.
miyu chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 17:34   Link #280
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Quote:
Here's a pic from a trade show showing the dolls with their accessories:

I think Kanaria's parasol is the nicest accesorie. Im wondering if it will open and close (it will have to to fit in the box)

I think Bara's sword should have been made a bit bigger, its more like a needle.

And i love the KunKun detective outfit. It was an awesome idea.

Kana and Bara are on my to buy list. I think Kana's frown is a bit less.....severe then Hina's.