AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-07, 01:56   Link #1
Kaze23114

Chapter 309 discussion!*Super Spoiler*

AHHHHH I can't believe they lost the Donut race!!! and lost Chopper too!!!!

discuss!
Old 2004-02-07, 01:59   Link #2
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

u should put tat in spoiler tags, the scans arent even out for chp. 309

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-07, 10:06   Link #3
Sethi
StormRider

Next event should be nice with only Sanji and Zoro, let's hope they don't kill each other instead of defeating the Foxy crew
Perhaps Foxy saw that coming and that's why he took Chopper.
Old 2004-02-07, 11:39   Link #4
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Zoro and Sanji are uber strong tho. Unless they really do fight each other, its highly likely they kick the other team's ass before anything else happens. lol
Old 2004-02-07, 12:30   Link #5
Ral
Idea!

So did they tell you what Foxy's powers do?
Old 2004-02-07, 13:19   Link #6
eLstar
(^_^)v

I knew they would lose. Because if they won, Team Zoro and Sanji would have to lose...and we can't have that.
Old 2004-02-07, 13:40   Link #7
Sethi
StormRider

I guess now is like Zoro & Sanji Win and they take back Chopper, and Luffy wins and they either choose to take Foxy flag or perhaps a new crewmate since they wanted a shipwright, however truth be told we haven't seen anyone in Foxy Crew that seems like Straw Hat Pirate material.
Old 2004-02-07, 19:10   Link #8
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Actually, the rules state that Chopper can't be won back in another game, ever. Also, the next event isn't the combat, so whether or not Sanji and Zoro can fight is also questionable.
Old 2004-02-07, 19:27   Link #9
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
Actually, the rules state that Chopper can't be won back in another game, ever. Also, the next event isn't the combat, so whether or not Sanji and Zoro can fight is also questionable.
Since when do the Straw-Hat pirates play by the rules?

Old 2004-02-10, 20:36   Link #10
mightyme

I thoguht the rules were that a lost crew member can only be taken back through another game.... whether that is an entirely enw challenge, or the second/third competitions I dunno...

and I also ahev to ask what that ray thign was... the foxy pirate used soem devil fruit power ray.... what did it do?
Old 2004-02-10, 22:26   Link #11
Kaze23114

Noro Noro Beam!!

Basically Foxy's power is to make things slow

he ate the Noro Noro no Mi *slow slow fruit* which allows him to slow anything down... as the example from the manga where he slowed down the cannon ball... but it still blew up in his face
Old 2004-02-12, 11:38   Link #12
soraryu

Actually, the most intriguing should be: who is going to be Ruffy's opponent once Sanji and Zorro's match is completed.

Ruffy is so strong and there just doesn't seem possible for Foxy to have crew members that can match Ruffy. I can only think of two possibilities. One, the match is going to be conducted at sea (in which Ruffy will be at a disadvantage) against maybe a Merman ? The second possibility is that the match will be interrupted and a really strong opponent (who is not part of Foxy's crew) joins the match against Ruffy.

This is just my two-cents worth.
Old 2004-02-12, 15:40   Link #13
Sethi
StormRider

Hmmm we are yet to see all the members of Foxy Crew, in the middle of all of them perhaps exists one that participates only in the Battle Round and it would be nice if he was the shipwright.
Or there's the possibility that Admiral Ao Kiji appears after a crappy 1 page fight and them the true battle begins which would be very nice as well
Old 2004-02-12, 16:53   Link #14
Spooky-Electric

Can someone private message me as to where I can.. *cough*.. you know..read..

please!
Old 2004-02-12, 19:34   Link #15
eLstar
(^_^)v

Um...no.

I'm afraid you'll have to find that on your own.

And power of slowing things down? Sounds kind of lame when you say it aloud but it could be really useful. But since the captain seems to be a moron, the fruit has been a total waste.
Old 2004-02-12, 19:39   Link #16
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
And power of slowing things down? Sounds kind of lame when you say it aloud but it could be really useful. But since the captain seems to be a moron, the fruit has been a total waste.
Hummm maybe or perhaps maybe he is like Luffy stupid for most thinks but when it comes down to what matters he get's the job done perfectly
Old 2004-02-12, 20:32   Link #17
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Hummm maybe or perhaps maybe he is like Luffy stupid for most thinks but when it comes down to what matters he get's the job done perfectly
somehow I doubt it.

Luffy is stupid but he's cool.

Foxy is stupid...but not cool. He just seems lame.
Old 2004-02-12, 22:29   Link #18
Sethi
StormRider

Actually i just hope they don't lose any crew member to Foxy otherwise like Nami said They should kill themselves out of shame but i do hope that they gain a new Crewmate or at least a major plot twist otherwise this whole arc would be pointless.
Old 2004-02-13, 10:57   Link #19
soraryu

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Um...no.

I'm afraid you'll have to find that on your own.

Foxy's ability seems handy in a 1 : 1 fight (actually quite lethal if he uses it properly). Imagine that Foxy is facing Bellamy in combat. Foxy immediately uses his powers to slow Bellamy down as he slash or shoots his opponent. It is highly probable that he can use a variation of this technique against any opponent.

I am wondering if Foxy's ability can slow down an attack like zoro's Sanjuuroku Pondo Hou ? Does Foxy's ability work on pirates whose bodies aren't normal (e.g. Ace, Smoker, Luffy, Ener) ?

Last edited by soraryu; 2004-02-15 at 00:20.
Old 2004-02-14, 04:44   Link #20
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
I managed to snag someone's script for that particular chapter, and they mention something odd concerning Foxy's power. Seems the fruit gives him the ability to emit a beam of, for lack of a better word, "slow slow particles" (think of them like photons). These particles are what cause things to slow down. The interesing bit is that according to this person's translation, the particles only affect things that are exposed to the light. So I guess that would mean that if luffy was standing in the shade, or if night fell, the power would be useless.
Closed Thread