AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-02-21, 18:09   Link #361
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Krauss looks too fat, he's the same width as Hideyoshi. Everything else seems fine in my book.

I'm still waiting to see Rosa, though.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 19:29   Link #362
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I wonder how Rosa will look.

I'm hoping that they do the same that they did with Higurashi and change the art style for each season. >w>

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 19:52   Link #363
d-one

honestly I like the design because it really show us that they are adults and they are already old

if the characters looks young and sweet and handsome then I will need to ask again to myself just how old are they

Last edited by d-one; 2009-02-23 at 17:46.
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 03:57   Link #364
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
Falling back to a bit earlier conversation:

If they use the original music, they'll easily be able to cut the costs. Plus, the Higurashi anime was a huge success, and they'd probably be willing to bet Umineko is. I'm sure hiring a bunch of voice actors should be fairly easy.
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 06:16   Link #365
Cinnamon Doll
Chocolate Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
honestly I like the design because it really show us that they are adults and thery are already ole

if the characters looks young and sweet and handsome then I will need to ask again to myself just how old are they
heey!!! I'm agree... even when I read the novel I always wonder what old are they... 'cos it always says Rosa is the youngest and she isn't a child anymore (?????) ....... what does it mean??? too young for to have a child about 9 years old???

... in another point... I hope the anime has the music of the novel... it's really great!!! I can't imagine another music for especific escenes.... like murderers ... hoh hoh hoh... XD!

Last edited by Cinnamon Doll; 2009-02-22 at 16:04.
Cinnamon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 07:03   Link #366
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
I'm disappointed. Natsuhi is way too evil, and Eva looks unpleasant instead of sly. Hideyoshi seems to be in his 30s and Krauss looks like he needs some sleeping pills.
confused_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 14:05   Link #367
nipaah
~ Worldend Dominator ~

Send a message via MSN to nipaah
I think they look great, especially Natsuhi. It looks rather elegant than evil and that reflects her just right. And i really love the looks of the cousins. Maria is just so cute that Rena would snatch her away...

Last edited by nipaah; 2009-02-23 at 14:15.
nipaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 15:03   Link #368
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
I like the anime style <3
I think they will use the same sounds in the game, just in a different form maybe, was the same with higurashi
I can't wait longer, for the anime
I wish there would be at last a new better trailer T_T

Last edited by Rena Ryuuguu; 2009-02-23 at 16:29.
Rena Ryuuguu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 18:25   Link #369
Hareoic
There will be burgers

I know this is from a while back, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
The more I think about this anime the more worried I get...

Umineko is like much more non-anime-friendly than Higurashi. If only Ryuukishi were to make supervision on that, they wouldn't cut important stuff, maybe.
I think it all comes down to if they censor it like they did with Higurashi (you know, those shadows covering stuff like entrails and peoples' faces getting bashed in and different camera angles).

Anyway, I'm glad that it'll get its own show, but I'm also worried about how much they're going to cut out in order to make it fit the number of episodes they're given (maybe the first season will only cover the 'question arcs' this time or have one less 'answer arc' thrown in, meaning longer, better explained arcs even if there aren't as many). But regardless of whether or not it does any of this, I'll watch it anyway.
Old 2009-02-24, 06:45   Link #370
HigurashinoUmineko

That is true especially involving the First Twilight. Those are usually the most gruesome...Possible except Episode 3.

Though I also worry about the Fourth Twilight... Thought thats just being specific. Anyway I don't think they would show the bashed heads or stuff like that. They may just show the bodies with splattered blood. Stuff like that maybe.
HigurashinoUmineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 07:28   Link #371
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
That is true especially involving the First Twilight. Those are usually the most gruesome...Possible except Episode 3.

Though I also worry about the Fourth Twilight... Thought thats just being specific. Anyway I don't think they would show the bashed heads or stuff like that. They may just show the bodies with splattered blood. Stuff like that maybe.
They'll probably just use the DRAMATIC FOG again like they did with some Higurashi scenes, then remove it for the DVDs.

As for the character designs, I'm going to wait until we have a trailer or something at least rather than judging them off fan coloured sketches.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 15:26   Link #372
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
They'll probably just use the DRAMATIC FOG again like they did with some Higurashi scenes, then remove it for the DVDs.
That's what I was thinking too.
Old 2009-02-24, 22:12   Link #373
Avisch
Reality Blender

Augh. This all reminds me of how damn scary the 1st twilight of episode 2 was.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 23:23   Link #374
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I really do like the new art. Anything than the original is fine! Seriously with the fame they could hire help 0_0
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 00:53   Link #375
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Augh. This all reminds me of how damn scary the 1st twilight of episode 2 was.
Yeah? What about the end of the episode?

Teeth. Just... Teeth.

They're probably gonna tone that one down too.
Old 2009-02-27, 15:54   Link #376
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I think it would be best if they did two arcs a season with 12-14 episodes each season. That would give them 6 episodes for each episode, which is a pretty decent amount in my opinion.

Since production on the anime started last year before Episode 3 was out, I'm guessing that they might just do 2 episodes a season? O.o

Old 2009-02-27, 17:42   Link #377
Cola91

mh.... I'm actually hoping for a EP1~4 season with 24-26 episodes coming out in october.... I think that gives them more than enough time to finish it and more than enough space to put the arcs into (6-6.5 episodes for each arc)
Cola91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 18:56   Link #378
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

As long as they don't rush it. They had nearly a year to start on Episode 1 and 2, but they might have less time with Episodes 3 and 4... but since they have more content than 1 and 2 then... well basically I'm hoping more for a good job on the anime rather than an earlier release date. The more time and effort they put into it then the better.

If they do the 24-26 episode season then I'm hoping that Episodes 3 and 4 won't be so lacking in comparison to the first two.

Old 2009-02-28, 12:26   Link #379
maximilianjenus
[E]

The manga (or the little I have been able to read) is compressing thing sincely, so I hope they do something simialr in the anime; Because 10+hours per arc which means aroun 30 chapters is a bit too much for an anime if they decide not to cut anything.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 12:43   Link #380
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

One wonders how will the manga deal with the red text given that it can only do black, shades of grey and white tones though.

I'll say it in katakana!
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote