AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 05:41   Link #2761
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Did I break Rubix?

Kagura was my magic side main character, but that's still being revised, so we'll leave it at that.

Mean time, more pictures!

Spoiler for Kataru Tsubomi:
Old 2012-08-22, 11:25   Link #2762
Breidaluk

She reminds me of Shino from Seitokai Yakuindomo.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 18:55   Link #2763
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
She reminds me of Shino from Seitokai Yakuindomo.
I can't draw my way out of a Bahun Array, so I do some stitching when it comes to generating character images. I used Shino's face and Saten's body to achieve these images.
Old 2012-09-14, 23:38   Link #2764
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Been playing me some Secret World... And the crack it feeds for Toaru, it grows! it grows!!

I think I probably have enough to work on for reviving the Templars faction (which was my original foray into Toaru). Ironic then that the Illuminati are most likely to build/fund/support Academy City. Shoring up support against the Dragon, in whose territory that Academy City is sitting on.

All this and more while I read/rip apart A Simple Survey, Horizon and other new MMOs, and put together a monstrosity capable of rivaling all the tentacled khrack I'm created thus far.

(Hopefully that would revive this thread...)
Old 2012-09-15, 09:57   Link #2765
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Been playing me some Secret World... And the crack it feeds for Toaru, it grows! it grows!!

I think I probably have enough to work on for reviving the Templars faction (which was my original foray into Toaru). Ironic then that the Illuminati are most likely to build/fund/support Academy City. Shoring up support against the Dragon, in whose territory that Academy City is sitting on.
Alright, I'll bite:

The Templars are based in London, England. There we also have the Anglican Church who are 'allies' to Academy City. They might as well be a part of the English Knights.

The Illuminatis are based in New York, USA. We know that the United States are the second biggest player in the normal Science world, and also allies to Academy City. And it's confirmed that AC do loan out some of their advanced weapons to 'various groups'.

The Dragons are based in Seoul, South Korea. But essentially they're the 'Asian' group so like you said, Academy City is in their backyard. But more importantly I think is that Aleister Crowley's methods are extremely Dragon-like; A manipulator behind the scenes that introduces small and seemingly unrelated incidents that all build up to some grand design.

Personally, I've always wanted to see Crowley go up against some of his old acquaintances from his early 20th century days and their cabals. One of them I had in mind after watching Rental Magica is Goetia, led by Samuel Liddell Mathers.

(Of course, Adelicia herself would be fine as well )
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 11:07   Link #2766
tsunade666

Honestly speaking. From what I see in fanfiction.net I only see few works that are good to read and nope, I don't read crack work or an obvious pairing of Touma and Mikoto so it narrow down more the story that I can read in that site but even so without narrowing it down. There are only few works or writers that I see work on Tamni and only few on continuing it. Since most I see aren't been updated. Is there other site that host fan fiction works that are about Tamni? Its kinda sad for me because I usually ended up reading fsn, znt, nanoha, negima, muv luv, code geass, madoka, IS, Persona, Touhou stories or crossover fanfiction. I always like that when it gets messy. Tamni just lacks good story if you ask me. There are good ones but few and not been updated.
Old 2012-09-15, 18:02   Link #2767
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Honestly speaking. From what I see in fanfiction.net I only see few works that are good to read and nope, I don't read crack work or an obvious pairing of Touma and Mikoto so it narrow down more the story that I can read in that site but even so without narrowing it down. There are only few works or writers that I see work on Tamni and only few on continuing it. Since most I see aren't been updated. Is there other site that host fan fiction works that are about Tamni? Its kinda sad for me because I usually ended up reading fsn, znt, nanoha, negima, muv luv, code geass, madoka, IS, Persona, Touhou stories or crossover fanfiction. I always like that when it gets messy. Tamni just lacks good story if you ask me. There are good ones but few and not been updated.
Did you try to read my Index/Horror story crossover ?

Or my Kakine/Girl in Dress one shot crack pairing ?
Old 2012-09-15, 23:40   Link #2768
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

When I think about it, I haven't been posting anything as of late. Whether this is a good thing or bad thing is up to interpretation; however, I will say that I've got a chunk of text describing an event where Mikoto plays arcade games and an alternate universe where everyone's a high school delinquent. The latter's possible title being 'A Certain Delinquent Index' or 'A Certain Yankee Index'.

Though, if I were to make an update, I'd probably update Monster Girl Quest. There's a surprising number of people who want me to continue that eroge adaptation.
Old 2012-09-16, 00:45   Link #2769
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
When I think about it, I haven't been posting anything as of late. Whether this is a good thing or bad thing is up to interpretation; however, I will say that I've got a chunk of text describing an event where Mikoto plays arcade games and an alternate universe where everyone's a high school delinquent. The latter's possible title being 'A Certain Delinquent Index' or 'A Certain Yankee Index'.
That sounds interesting. I would imagine that would be a bit difficult with that "Delinquent" ff given the characters's personalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Though, if I were to make an update, I'd probably update Monster Girl Quest. There's a surprising number of people who want me to continue that eroge adaptation.
Off Topic:Your doing that!? Really? There is a link in my signature to a monster girl SG Would you be kind to PM a link to to me for that so I can put it there?
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 04:47   Link #2770
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
That sounds interesting. I would imagine that would be a bit difficult with that "Delinquent" ff given the characters's personalities.
But most of the school aged characters are already pretty much delinquents.

Touma, whose experienced in street fighting, Mikoto, who goes around at night shocking people, Hamazura doesn't even need to be stated, Accelerator is pretty much a thug, Tsuchimikado and Aogami may count, given that one has a history of going out and getting wasted and the other wears earrings and can apparently fight, Awaki goes around wearing nothing but bandages wrapped around her chest, Styl is a chain smoking 14 year old with a bar code tattoo, Angese is a loli sadist, Vento is, well, look at her.

Index, Isuwa and Kanzaki are the only characters I think would be difficult to twist into the delinquent sterotype.
Old 2012-09-16, 05:25   Link #2771
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post

Index, Isuwa and Kanzaki are the only characters I think would be difficult to twist into the delinquent sterotype.
*cough*

Just Kanzaki's appearance alone screams "ANEKI!".

And Itsuwa is...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-16, 05:33   Link #2772
Sumeragi
Banned

Only Orsula seems incorruptible, and even then I'm not sure.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 05:35   Link #2773
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Only Orsula seems incorruptible, and even then I'm not sure.
Sometimes... Just sometimes... >.>

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-16, 05:42   Link #2774
Sumeragi
Banned

Exactly. Was that just a nun's intuition, or something more than that?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 08:43   Link #2775
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Just Kanzaki's appearance alone screams "ANEKI!".
Ideally, I had the 'daughter of the Yakuza' image for her. Itsuwa would be part of the Yakuza. And Orsola, while not really a delinquent, would be kind of like Yukine Miyazawa from Clannad.
Old 2012-09-16, 08:46   Link #2776
tsunade666

I picture Orsola as the wife of the yakuza boss. Like the one in seto no hanayome. The kind but scare wife of yakuza boss. They tend to be lovely and caring at first sight. Reminds me of ho ho ho oujo of heavy object.
Old 2012-09-16, 09:29   Link #2777
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It wouldn't really work though... Don't forget that Orsola is also 70% air head... Who the hell has ever heard of an airhead wife of a yakuza boss? Those moe components have too much bad chemistry that it would never work even if it's being published by MF Bunko!
Old 2012-09-16, 10:09   Link #2778
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
The Templars are based in London, England. There we also have the Anglican Church who are 'allies' to Academy City. They might as well be a part of the English Knights.
I'd prefer to keep the Templars separate, as they are quite modern compared to the other Churches. Instead, have the Knights know that they exist, but like the Inspector, they handle things up to a point, then turn away 'in disgust'.

Quote:
The Illuminatis are based in New York, USA. We know that the United States are the second biggest player in the normal Science world, and also allies to Academy City. And it's confirmed that AC do loan out some of their advanced weapons to 'various groups'.
This fits so much its a T. In fact, the Illuminati were one of the first of the 3 I ported into Toaru.

Though we would have to acknowledge how somewhere along the line the Illuminati separated from the RCC. I'd say the obnocious adherence to doctrine probably drove a rift between them. Or they left the RCC together with Crowley.

Quote:
The Dragons are based in Seoul, South Korea. But essentially they're the 'Asian' group so like you said, Academy City is in their backyard. But more importantly I think is that Aleister Crowley's methods are extremely Dragon-like; A manipulator behind the scenes that introduces small and seemingly unrelated incidents that all build up to some grand design.

This gets even more intriguing, cos going by our combined logic, Crowley plays all 3 sides!!

This is perfect!!!

Quote:
Personally, I've always wanted to see Crowley go up against some of his old acquaintances from his early 20th century days and their cabals. One of them I had in mind after watching Rental Magica is Goetia, led by Samuel Liddell Mathers.

(Of course, Adelicia herself would be fine as well )
Hmm... Might be a idea you can put in place.

Okay, so for the "A Certain Magical Ark" half of The Secret World, we have Kagura/Noah, the Ark of Royal Blood, a biker chick Platard (yes a descendent of a Grand Master from the Priory) and a 4th spot waiting to be filled. One is a schizo shy-moe/kuudere (Aoi Yuuki?), the next is in my mind like Athena from Campione! (same voice actress too), and I think the biker chick is a growly girl with a bone to pick against the world (maybe Aya Endo?).

I wonder what archetype am I missing for the 4th spot. Come on, Copy of Kamachi.exe, give me something!
Old 2012-09-16, 11:24   Link #2779
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
It wouldn't really work though... Don't forget that Orsola is also 70% air head... Who the hell has ever heard of an airhead wife of a yakuza boss? Those moe components have too much bad chemistry that it would never work even if it's being published by MF Bunko!
Agreed, she'd work better as someone behind the scene giving moral support to other delinquents. And from what I know, this works pretty well since she isn't an active fighter.
Old 2012-09-18, 18:36   Link #2780
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Woot! Looks like Unlucky Star updated!

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction