AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 93 68.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 19.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-17, 12:56   Link #21
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy304 View Post
There were three songs we got to hear them play and only two of them were new. I think the first one was Yui's "Ichi ni san shi Go-han" song. After I heard that song I thought they were going to play Mio's Raccoon's Love Shower, but they didn't... The second one was Fuwa Fuwa Time was heard in the background in one scene and the last song was U&I. But those were the only songs heard in this episode. They could've played more and KyoAni just decided not to show them. But I was really hoping to hear hear Honey Sweet Tea Time.
Does the viewing audience get to see them perform the songs? Or is this concert like every other K-ON!! concert, where (in a minute and a half song) we see maybe fifteen seconds of instrumental work and/or girls molesting microphones and a minute and fifteen seconds worth of panning across background shots?

Oh yeah, three songs. One of then U&I and one of them Fuwa Fuwa Time. Good to know my crystal ball works. Didn't think they'd have done two Yui-penned songs, though.
Old 2010-08-17, 13:00   Link #22
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Was a drag throughout the second act of the episode. Still, having music in K-On is nice, and lol parents cameo.

Quote:
Honey Sweet Tea Time
We're still getting that? My impression was Mugi wrote the score and it was Yui's lyrics that won out.
Old 2010-08-17, 13:01   Link #23
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Does the viewing audience get to see them perform the songs?
I didn't hear any news talking about half of the animation studios in Japan pooling together all their remainder of their year's budget in order to animate this episode, so I'm not sure what you're expecting.
Old 2010-08-17, 13:06   Link #24
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
So we get to hear the new songs from Yui and the lovely Fuwa Fuwa Time once again. I like the Gohan song but I love U&I. Yes the episode was more on talking than actual performing but you have to give around of applause to the ending scene. The girls were very emotional and you can't help but be emotional yourself at that particular scene. I definitely can't wait for the subs.

I believe those two hands holding each other at the end were Yui's and Ritsu's.
Old 2010-08-17, 13:12   Link #25
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I didn't hear any news talking about half of the animation studios in Japan pooling together all their remainder of their year's budget in order to animate this episode, so I'm not sure what you're expecting.
I was secretly hoping for animation truly worthy of their final musical performance. What I was expecting was the usual K-ON!! musical performance. Since I'm not seeing people talking about being blown away by "Live A Live" levels of animation, it looks like I'm going to get what I'm expecting, rather than what I was hoping for.

But . . . I should add that I suspect nobody ever watches K-ON!! and really expects to be blown away by music. K-ON!! is really about the coming-of-age of five schoolgirls . . . you know, slice-of-life.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-08-17 at 16:09. Reason: Please edit instead of double-posting
Old 2010-08-17, 13:21   Link #26
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Damn...with MugiVision™ on, how can I ignore this glorious scene?

Spoiler for I am in utter astonishment.:

Lycopene~.
Old 2010-08-17, 13:21   Link #27
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
I suspect nobody ever watches K-ON!! and really expects to be blown away by music.
I seldom expect music in the first place.
Old 2010-08-17, 13:21   Link #28
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
^ Definitely the "Live" feel of the episode was much better than the previous ones since you could see more of the audience reactions plus it was a bit cinematic in a couple of scenes.
Old 2010-08-17, 13:25   Link #29
deffusse
otaku[SK]

false alarm (\
It wasn't that good episode at all , I'm little dissapointed with this one, though it was kinda emotive in the end
Old 2010-08-17, 13:31   Link #30
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post

Lycopene~.
I'll just imagine those hands to be Mio's instead of Yui's xD
Old 2010-08-17, 13:35   Link #31
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Imo this is the best episode so far, I liked everything about it and the ending felt so emotional...the first song didn't impress me much though, but U&I just blew me away, I think it's one of their best songs so far and I hope they release a Mio version as well!
Old 2010-08-17, 13:39   Link #32
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post

Lycopene~.
As I suspected. Damn, Yui's harem knows no limits . But in my mind this is a glorious Mitsu pic *denial mode ON*.
Old 2010-08-17, 13:50   Link #33
dizzy304

After watching the episode for the second time I'm founding so many little details I missed the first time around. There's so many little heartwarming references from previous episodes in here.

Spoiler for U&I Performance:

Spoiler for After in the club room:

Those are just some of the little things I picked up from the raw. I'm pretty sure I'll realize loads more once it's subbed though. Writing this made me sad since it made me recall how much fun this series was and how it's going to end soon.
Old 2010-08-17, 14:08   Link #34
zette

^ Nice job catching those little details. I noticed that Mio looked more confident than usual, but I certainly didn't pick up on those other things you mentioned. Indeed, Mugi is often the most neglected member of the band so it was nice to see Azusa comfort her there. I didn't realize that Ritsu said 'lycopene' to Mio at the end; I was probably too blown away by seeing them all cry that I didn't hear what Ritsu said, but that is a great reference to the field trip episode which was one of my favorite episodes of this season.

Gosh, this just heightens my anticipation for the sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
I was secretly hoping for animation truly worthy of their final musical performance. What I was expecting was the usual K-ON!! musical performance. Since I'm not seeing people talking about being blown away by "Live A Live" levels of animation, it looks like I'm going to get what I'm expecting, rather than what I was hoping for.
It's definitely not comparable to SHnY's Live Alive, that's for sure, but it is the best performance we've seen in K-ON thus far. It wouldn't make sense for KyoAni to spend big money on this episode since they're probably saving up their budget for the final performance which would hopefully be comparable to, or even exceed, the level of Live Alive.
Old 2010-08-17, 14:41   Link #35
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Fuck, it's the third time I watched it...subs better not be delayed this time >:0
Old 2010-08-17, 15:06   Link #36
Sparvid
*hic*

Darn, I was one song off

What a great finale! Except the part where there's six episodes left...

When Yui gave the "inspirational" cake speech, I noticed that Mugi is the only one not going "Huh?", and instead raising her hand just like Yui.
Cool POV shot when they were going down the stairs.
Yui's tearful opening speech sounded quite a lot like the thank you's at the end of the real life live concert.
Good thing fixed how to animate the singing mouths in profile from last season.
Lycopene! Haha, what a great to try to cheer Mio up with a single word!

Spoiler for Nice little callback to the season 2 announcement:

But where was Sokabe?
Old 2010-08-17, 15:10   Link #37
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Fangirl reactions to Mio all over the place. Combined with a lot a flash photography and cel phones.
Old 2010-08-17, 15:28   Link #38
Zeross

Spoiler for Clubroom at the end:
Old 2010-08-17, 15:33   Link #39
kitten320

^Though Ritsu got attention and some loud cheering too, her fans faces were even shown.
Old 2010-08-17, 16:12   Link #40
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
But where was Sokabe?
Don't worry, she was with the audience.
Closed Thread