AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 04:09   Link #6521
CainSonozaki

I was wondering if anyone had the original translation of the Epitaph before the recent edits. I wanna use it for a personal project and i liked how the other one sounded more
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 06:46   Link #6522
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Here's an older version, I'm not sure if it's the first one.

Quote:
My beloved hometown, the sweetfish river running through it.
You who seek the Golden Land, follow its path downstream and seek the key.

If you follow the river downstream, you will find a village.
In the village, look for the shore the two will tell you of.
There sleeps the key to the Golden Land.

He who lays hand upon the key shall travel under the rules below.

At the first twilight, you shall lift up as sacrifice the six chosen by the key.
At the second twilight, the remaining shall tear apart the two who are close.
At the third twilight, the remaining shall praise my honorable name on high.
At the fourth twilight, gouge the head and kill.
At the fifth twilight, gouge the chest and kill.
At the sixth twilight, gouge the stomach and kill.
At the seventh twilight, gouge the knee and kill.
At the eighth twilight, gouge the leg and kill.
At the ninth twilight, the witch shall be revived and none shall be left alive.
At the tenth twilight, the journey shall end and you should reach the village of gold.

The witch will praise the wise, and should bestow four treasures.

One shall be, all the gold from the Golden Land.
One shall be, the resurrection of the souls of all the dead.
One shall be, even the resurrection of the lost love.
One shall be, to put the witch to sleep for all time.

Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 10:12   Link #6523
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

thats the one from the EP4 release, when I started umineko atleast, and the one I used on my epitaph
Old 2011-06-28, 13:56   Link #6524
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CainSonozaki View Post
I was wondering if anyone had the original translation of the Epitaph before the recent edits. I wanna use it for a personal project and i liked how the other one sounded more
Is it this one?

Quote:
Behold the sweetfish river running through my beloved hometown.
You who seek the Golden Land, follow its path downstream in search of the key.

As you travel down it, you will see a village.
In that village, look for the shore the two will tell you of.
There sleeps the key to the Golden Land.

The one who obtains the key must then travel to the Golden Land in accordance with these rules.

On the first twilight, offer the six chosen by the key as sacrifices.
On the second twilight, those who remain shall tear apart the two who are close.
On the third twilight, those who remain shall praise my noble name.
On the fourth twilight, gouge the head and kill.
On the fifth twilight, gouge the chest and kill.
On the sixth twilight, gouge the stomach and kill.
On the seventh twilight, gouge the knee and kill.
On the eighth twilight, gouge the leg and kill.
On the ninth twilight, the witch shall revive, and none shall be left alive.
On the tenth twilight, the journey shall end, and you shall reach the capital where the gold dwells.

The witch shall praise the wise and bestow four treasures.
One shall be all the gold from the Golden Land.
One shall be the resurrection of all the dead souls.
One shall be the resurrection of the love that was lost.
One shall be to put the witch to sleep for all time.

Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 15:45   Link #6525
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That one is more recent.

Old 2011-06-29, 13:38   Link #6526
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Just to keep everyone updated:
As you know, chrono has been enrolled for an internship a few months ago. Regarding this matter, chrono has got a stable job as result. This of course will have an impact on his free time and thus the translation of Episode 8.

There isn't much to say, aside that we will try to be done with Episode 8 as soon as we can, but it has to be expected that our pace will decline.
We will of course not drop the project whatsoever, rest assured.
Old 2011-06-29, 14:33   Link #6527
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
That's fine. In the grand scheme of things you guys are so close to being done that you'll probably be done before we know it anyway.
Old 2011-06-30, 00:51   Link #6528
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Hey folks,

Got a new release of onscripter-en that should take care of some recently-mentioned bugs. Give it a try and let me know if you have problems with it. It'll be nice to have those issues taken care of before the full Episode 8 patch

Thanks,
Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 03:07   Link #6529
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Hmmm Mion, I tried to use this new release for my project, but I realized that it no longer displays certain lines.

The problem occurs whenever the text speed is set to zero through the "!s0" command and there are no end line markers.

for example

Quote:
bg se1f_s1b,0
ld c,$BEA_waraiA5,14,500
!s0`"Ah Doctor Nanjo, I'm happy to see you again.
`I'm really grateful for all that you've done for me these last years. You always show great concern for my health, and for that I thank you."
click
textclear
With the new release no text shows up while with the older there are no problems.
The fact is I used this gimmick quite extensively.

I this a wanted effect?

Old 2011-06-30, 15:38   Link #6530
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Thanks for the bug report, Jan-Poo. That's definitely not a correct effect.

I've made an issue and should have a fix before long.

Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 21:00   Link #6531
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There isn't much to say, aside that we will try to be done with Episode 8 as soon as we can, but it has to be expected that our pace will decline.
We will of course not drop the project whatsoever, rest assured.
Good luck to chrono, i already play 2 times the first part from episode 8 i will wait all the time of the world if necessary to play the grand finale
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 23:18   Link #6532
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Ahhh I cant wait for ep8 to get translated, just got a tv and laptop with hdmi for graduation (white parents ftw) and now I want to read it on my TV

though as ive said before, just knowing that theres an active translation is awsome, compared to some other VN translations that havn't updated in months/years so thanks for all the work witch-hunt!
Old 2011-07-03, 00:00   Link #6533
Madman6510
Child of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Ahhh I cant wait for ep8 to get translated, just got a tv and laptop with hdmi for graduation (white parents ftw) and now I want to read it on my TV
Heh, I've found that playing it on a crappy CRT set on the other side of the room (in the media center where the TV goes) looks better than on a big screen. It's 4:3 ratio, and CRTs scale better :P
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 18:40   Link #6534
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
I thought I was the only person who did this. It's Umineko, but huger.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 13:15   Link #6535
GAtakito

Ryu has just updated his blog with info about Ougon 2 with new characters as far as I could read

Could anyone translate it better ? thanks
GAtakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 01:23   Link #6536
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Here's some bullet points.

Higanbana news:
  • Ryuukishi is currently doing final editing on the seventh and last short story for the first Higanbana release.
  • He totally underestimated how much character art there was going to be. The main cast is around the same size as the first episode of Umineko, and he's using more varied expressions this time.
  • After he finishes editing, he wants to do a "Class Meeting" segment for the collection which would be like the "Otsukaresama-kai" segments in Higurashi. However, that might not be possible if editing takes too long.
  • The first part of Higanbana is rather cruel and grotesque, but the rest of the stories have all sorts of different atmospheres, so there are pleasant stories included too.
Ougon Musou Kyoku:
  • A trial version of Ougon Musou Kyoku (the original) was just made available.
  • There will be a major patch released around next weekend.
Ougon Musou Kyoku 2:
  • The target date for the game is Winter Comiket.
  • He wanted to have both changes to the system and a bunch of new characters, but there's only really enough time for one or the other, and it seemed like everyone (including himself) was more interested in the new characters.
  • He speculates that Dlanor would be a good throw-type character.
  • If they'd gone the system update route, he was interested in doing a Jojo-style tandem combo system where two characters would be participating in combos at once, but apparently a big restructuring would have been needed to support that.
  • There are some smaller system changes that might be considered on a case-by-case basis.
  • The name will probably end up being something more append-discy like "Ougon Musou Kyoku +".
Old 2011-07-05, 01:38   Link #6537
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post

Higanbana news:
  • Ryuukishi is currently doing final editing on the seventh and last short story for the first Higanbana release.
  • He totally underestimated how much character art there was going to be. The main cast is around the same size as the first episode of Umineko, and he's using more varied expressions this time.
  • After he finishes editing, he wants to do a "Class Meeting" segment for the collection which would be like the "Otsukaresama-kai" segments in Higurashi. However, that might not be possible if editing takes too long.
  • The first part of Higanbana is rather cruel and grotesque, but the rest of the stories have all sorts of different atmospheres, so there are pleasant stories included too.
Ougon Musou Kyoku:
Ougon Musou Kyoku 2:
  • He wanted to have both changes to the system and a bunch of new characters, but there's only really enough time for one or the other, and it seemed like everyone (including himself) was more interested in the new characters.
  • If they'd gone the system update route, he was interested in doing a Jojo-style tandem combo system where two characters would be participating in combos at once, but apparently a big restructuring would have been needed to support that.
  • There are some smaller system changes that might be considered on a case-by-case basis.
  • The name will probably end up being something more append-discy like "Ougon Musou Kyoku +".
Oh no.
message too short.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 01:44   Link #6538
Madman6510
Child of Man

I think those stories might scare me. I better not read them then.

Spoiler for EP1 Characters:
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 04:06   Link #6539
Oblivion

Quote:

Higanbana news:
Is this going to be in VN format? And regarding the characters, are each of their stories separate or connected together?
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 05:50   Link #6540
legomaple

Quote:

Higanbana news:
Ougon Musou Kyoku:
Ougon Musou Kyoku 2:
looking forward to winter comiket then=D
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation