AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-30, 22:50   Link #421
Chris38

Well, it might be a little too early to bring this up, but after reading all the volumes that have been translated so far, I can't get this topic out of my head.

Basically I am wondering how the lifespan issue is going to be resolved, since at the moment, out of Hisui's entire harem, he's the one who will "die" first, due to the fact that he is a "human" - and I believe that an artificial human, dhampir, Witch and a True Ancestor definitely have a longer lifespan then a "normal human".

In other words, we definitely have the effect of the Mayfly December Romance trope in this work, and while the most obvious way to "solve" this problem would be too transform Hisui into a vampire, but personally I doubt that's going to happen, since it would contradict with Hisui's "anti vampire" nature, that has been established, pretty much, from the beginning of the story.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be revealed that his "anti vampire" nature would give Hisui some form of immortality that would work, pretty much in the opposite way that a vampire's "immortality" works - basically, rather then having his immortal life be sustained by the blood of the humans, Hisui's lifespan would be "retained" by taking the lifespan of the vampires that he destroys / try to take his blood, when he is in his "anti vampire" mode.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-07-30 at 23:14.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 23:04   Link #422
bludvein

I doubt the witch has an increased life-span, but you do have a point. Since Rushella is obviously the main girl its pretty unbalanced. I doubt the effects of his heart aren't going to ramp up in the near future though. Sorta hard to be the perfect vampire counter as he is now.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 23:30   Link #423
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, it might be a little too early to bring this up, but after reading all the volumes that have been translated so far, I can't get this topic out of my head.

Basically I am wondering how the lifespan issue is going to be resolved, since at the moment, out of Hisui's entire harem, he's the one who will "die" first, due to the fact that he is a "human" - and I believe that an artificial human, dhampir, Witch and a True Ancestor definitely have a longer lifespan then a "normal human".

In other words, we definitely have the effect of the Mayfly December Romance trope in this work, and while the most obvious way to "solve" this problem would be too transform Hisui into a vampire, but personally I doubt that's going to happen, since it would contradict with Hisui's "anti vampire" nature, that has been established, pretty much, from the beginning of the story.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be revealed that his "anti vampire" would give Hisui some form of immortality that would work, pretty much in the opposite way that a vampire's "immortality" works - basically, rather then having his immortal life be sustained by the blood of the humans, Hisui's lifespan would be "retained" by taking the lifespan of the vampires that he destroys / try to take his blood, when he is in his "anti vampire" mode.
As far as his life expectancy goes, if the author chooses to extend it, one possibility would be as long as a vampire drains at least some of his blood near daily, his aging will slow down significantly. So it might be that as long as Rushella is with him, they might live long lives together.

I am pretty sure the witch, Uno Kirika, has a normal human lifespan, since they are just humans who know and were trained with magic.

I am not sure on how long dhampires live, but they might just have slowed aging, as Kariya Eruru was stated to have graduated from college, but still can easily pass for a high school girl.

As the artificial human, who's goal is to become as close to human as possible, Sudou Mei, might also have a normal human lifespan. Then again she could be designed to age slowly, or not age at all past a certain point.

I have to wonder on Hisui, if his survival and being brought back from near or beyond death by Miraluka, if he ended up absorbing some traits of the True Ancestor Vampires, in a smaller magnitude.
  • The abnormal healing factor
  • Fragrant blood that led Rushella to him, and one other vampire commented on.
  • Extremely abnormal strength in Anti-Drac mode
  • An extremely good looking Bishōnen/pretty boy, which fits into how a lot of modern media portrays vampires, especially movies.
  • True Ancestor Swag, as he has collected a lot of fans, both female and male from his classmates, and it seems that showing his anti-drac mode to the opposite sex has caused them to shortly afterwards fall for him.

As far as Rushella goes, the speculation that she is Miraluka's reincarnation fits, although if that is the case, she might also be thought of as a true daughter of Miraluka, inheriting all of her true vampire traits and powers, not as a reincarnation. Rushella seems rather weak for a true vampire, but part of that could be is that she has almost never gone all out, and she does not have all that much actual combat experience.

When Rushella appeared for the first time, she made a direct bee-line for Hisui, who was similarly drawn towards Rushella, by the small of a rose, maybe the smell of a true ancestors blood. Rushella, despite being asleep for who knows how long, and has never drank the blood of anyone else, a few drops of Hisui's blood was enough to quench her thirst completely.

Her coffin was in the forest, it was sitting there for a long enough time for no traces of it being left there. If it was sitting there for a length of time, it would have had to be hidden, likely by magic. I would think the only one who might hide a coffin in that location and have the contacts to have it enchanted as such would be Miraluka, and why would she do that?
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 00:27   Link #424
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
As far as his life expectancy goes, if the author chooses to extend it, one possibility would be as long as a vampire drains at least some of his blood near daily, his aging will slow down significantly. So it might be that as long as Rushella is with him, they might live long lives together.
That seems a little too easy to me, but we will see, how it goes.

Quote:
I am pretty sure the witch, Uno Kirika, has a normal human lifespan, since they are just humans who know and were trained with magic.

I am not sure on how long dhampires live, but they might just have slowed aging, as Kariya Eruru was stated to have graduated from college, but still can easily pass for a high school girl.

As the artificial human, who's goal is to become as close to human as possible, Sudou Mei, might also have a normal human lifespan. Then again she could be designed to age slowly, or not age at all past a certain point.
Well, I might agree about Kirika's lifespan, regarding Eruru, since she inherited the vampire's weak points and also has a desire for blood, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that she inherited a part of a vampires longevity as well.

As for Mei, since her strength clearly surpasses "normal human values", I wouldn't be surprised if some of her other parameters would surpass "normal values" as well.

Quote:
I have to wonder on Hisui, if his survival and being brought back from near or beyond death by Miraluka, if he ended up absorbing some traits of the True Ancestor Vampires, in a smaller magnitude.
  • The abnormal healing factor
  • Fragrant blood that led Rushella to him, and one other vampire commented on.
  • Extremely abnormal strength in Anti-Drac mode
  • An extremely good looking Bishōnen/pretty boy, which fits into how a lot of modern media portrays vampires, especially movies.
  • True Ancestor Swag, as he has collected a lot of fans, both female and male from his classmates, and it seems that showing his anti-drac mode to the opposite sex has caused them to shortly afterwards fall for him.
It's possible, since it hasn't been revealed yet, how Miraluka saved "Hisui's" life (or at least no concrete details about it, have been mentioned), apart from the fact that it seems like she changed the structure of Hisui's body, by transplanting or changing the structure of Hisui's "heart".

Quote:
As far as Rushella goes, the speculation that she is Miraluka's reincarnation fits, although if that is the case, she might also be thought of as a true daughter of Miraluka, inheriting all of her true vampire traits and powers, not as a reincarnation. Rushella seems rather weak for a true vampire, but part of that could be is that she has almost never gone all out, and she does not have all that much actual combat experience.
Well, any speculation regarding Rushella's "origins" is possible, at this point in the story, since ... at the moment we don't have any "evidence" that is capable of clarifying this matter.

After all,from what I remember it hasn't been mentioned, in the novel's when Miraluka has died ... and while it has been mentioned that she had a few "children", so far it hasn't been mentioned if any one of them has been a female.

Also, it's pretty reasonable that Rushella doesn't have a lot of combat experience, considering the fact that Hisui is pretty much the first person she has "met", and there is also her mysterious "amnesia", that might be the author's way of hiding her "true" abilities.

But, I guess that her "experience" and "powers" are going to develop , in the future volumes and the same can be said about Hisui's "power", after all ... I doubt that hers and Hisui's life are going to keep being "peaceful", since there are definitely going to be other vampires and some other supernatural beings, who would try to target Rushella, once the information about her "location" is going to spread in the "supernatural world".

Quote:
When Rushella appeared for the first time, she made a direct bee-line for Hisui, who was similarly drawn towards Rushella, by the small of a rose, maybe the smell of a true ancestors blood. Rushella, despite being asleep for who knows how long, and has never drank the blood of anyone else, a few drops of Hisui's blood was enough to quench her thirst completely.
True, it might be possible that Hisui's and Rushella's "meeting" hasn't been a coincidence - if that's the case, we might learn more about this, once the author decides to reveal more information about Rushella's "past", which probably won't occur anytime soon.

Quote:
Her coffin was in the forest, it was sitting there for a long enough time for no traces of it being left there. If it was sitting there for a length of time, it would have had to be hidden, likely by magic. I would think the only one who might hide a coffin in that location and have the contacts to have it enchanted as such would be Miraluka, and why would she do that?
If she's the one who is responsible for Rushella's coffin to be located there, I guess Miraluka might have already predicted, that she will "die" sooner or later, and because of that, she put some plans in motion, so that Hisui wouldn't be left alone, after she disappears from his life.

Of course, that's merely my speculation on this matter, since there are still too many "mysteries", when it comes to Hisui's and Rushella's past, for us to be able to verify this theory.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-07-31 at 04:53.
Old 2013-07-31, 05:12   Link #425
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

You know is there any chance that maybe she's miralukas daughter that she locked away somewhere? But idk just throwing ideas around
Old 2013-07-31, 05:17   Link #426
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
You know is there any chance that maybe she's miralukas daughter that she locked away somewhere? But idk just throwing ideas around
Why not ? It's one of many possibilities. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 05:18   Link #427
chancs

Quote:
That's one of the possible scenarios
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 05:22   Link #428
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

The author won't tell and I am pretty sure he would end it with "and they live happy ever after. The End".

Well.., I would wait for vol 4 and start reading C3.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 05:29   Link #429
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
The author won't tell and I am pretty sure he would end it with "and they live happy ever after. The End".

Well.., I would wait for vol 4 and start reading C3.
Or you know the possible of an ACTUAL harem ending lol
Old 2013-07-31, 05:34   Link #430
Chris38

Quote:
Or you know the possible of an ACTUAL harem ending lol
Well, at the moment ... considering the few scenes, especially the "bloody" ones, that occurred so far, I don't think that the girls are actually willing to share...

But, of course, that might, change in the future volumes...

Still, the first step required for anyone to enter a romantic relationship with Hisui is probably to help him, close the wound that has been opened in his heart, due to his foster parents "death".
Old 2013-07-31, 05:39   Link #431
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, at the moment ... considering the few scenes that occurred so far, I don't think that the girls are actually willing to share...

But, of course, that might, change in the future volumes...

Still, the first step required for anyone to enter a romantic relationship with Hisui is probably to help him, close the wound that has been opened in his heart, due to his foster parents "death".
hmm didnt they actually "shared" him in vol 3 XD
Old 2013-07-31, 05:50   Link #432
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
hmm didnt they actually "shared" him in vol 3 XD
Maybe , but I think that moment was more used for comedy, rather then an actual representation of how the relationships with the girls are going to end.

After all we shouldn't forget about the victim's Hisui's feelings on this matter...
Old 2013-07-31, 07:04   Link #433
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Well the way it going (introducing 1 or 2 new girls per a vol) by vol 10 Hisui won't have enough "area" to share.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-07-31, 07:05   Link #434
chancs

Quote:
Well the way it going (introducing 1 or 2 new girls per a vol) by vol 10 Hisui won't have enough "area" to share.
5 should suffice
Old 2013-07-31, 07:25   Link #435
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Any info on vol 4?

Old 2013-07-31, 07:32   Link #436
chancs

Quote:
Any info on vol 4?

Chapters name revealed
Old 2013-07-31, 07:42   Link #437
Chris38

^

Yeah, and some of the chapter titles makes me pretty interested in the events of volume 4.
Old 2013-07-31, 08:05   Link #438
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I was more toward asking about the next sort moster girl Hisui would be encountering next.

Any chance do you think the author would intro yokai in this serie?

Old 2013-07-31, 08:11   Link #439
Chris38

Quote:
I was more toward asking about the next sort moster girl Hisui would be encountering next.
Apparently he is going to face a Doppelganger, which is something that I wouldn't consider "female".

Quote:
Any chance do you think the author would intro yokai in this serie?
I think that, judging from the chapter titles, he is going to introduce us to youkai in volume 4, since a Doppelganger, can be considered as one.
Old 2013-07-31, 08:13   Link #440
Soji

At least the titles explain some of the pics.

This vol seem really interesting and I looking forward to read more about this vol.

Also on the topic Rushella=Miraluka daughter it's possible but there is something that bothers me in this theory.....from what we know thanks Hiusi memories, we know that Miraluka was happy in the time she spent with him.
So if she have a daughter a daughter nearby....why she never take her with them?

And if she don't know that Rushella(if she was one of her children) was close...why Rushella is now free?

Or maybe she was waiting the right time to make them meet?

Then again, with the little information we have, everything is possible.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire