AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-10, 11:25   Link #21
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Umm wasn't this reference in the op already been said? It is Optimus Prime, RX-78 Gundam, Tetsujin #28
Old 2007-08-10, 16:23   Link #22
Echoes

The guy who "pulled a Gendo" in episode one, and Hayate growing a beard and sneaking around in a box like Snake really amused me. I've only watched, say, 6 episodes so far, but I've gotten a very good impression of the show.
Old 2007-08-11, 15:54   Link #23
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
In Episode 19, Klaus mentions something about talking in the language of the flowers. I can't help it, but he reminds me of Zato from Guilty Gear.
Well, really... http://www.earthlypursuits.com/FlowerLanguage.htm
Not sure if Klaus's comments are meant as an anime reference. Though I'm still wondering about his comment at the end of episode 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
wow I didn't noticed the bowtie or about Hercule Poirot and Kindaichi Kosuke
I believe the missing one is Kaitou Kid
I couldn't find that volume of the manga.
Oh, and we forgot to mention Father Brown as well. I also just saw there's someone else mostly obscured in the background. Looks like a woman's hat... Miss Marple?
Old 2007-08-13, 23:31   Link #24
Fruitfly

In episode 20, I think around 17:50, there's scrolling Hayate SD characters on the TV in the background. It looks like a Pani Poni Dash or Negima?! ending (or ep13 opening)

Can anyone confirm? I can't think of any other show that does something similar.
Old 2007-08-15, 21:02   Link #25
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

It looks alot like the Negima!? ending but there is one problem. We can't really compare it to both and we really can't call it a reference O.o. It might be just something the producers added but it might be Negima!? also. Well anyway its just not info to declare it a reference.
Old 2007-08-16, 00:42   Link #26
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
It looks alot like the Negima!? ending but there is one problem. We can't really compare it to both and we really can't call it a reference O.o. It might be just something the producers added but it might be Negima!? also. Well anyway its just not info to declare it a reference.
I guess one reason why I thought it was negima?!/PPD reference was because of the background. Flashy, bright background with stars flying around and the SD characters scrolling by is very negima/PPD like. Oh well. Still funny to see Klaus trying to catch Nekomini Hayate and getting smacked by Sakuya's fan.
Old 2007-08-16, 19:11   Link #27
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Meh... I am actually surprised that hayate could put up so much crap and still stick around for long.
Old 2007-08-16, 20:36   Link #28
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Meh... I am actually surprised that hayate could put up so much crap and still stick around for long.
Actually, Hayate has 150 MILLION reasons for sticking around...

Old 2007-08-17, 07:50   Link #29
Deiwos
Tatakau Waitress

Send a message via MSN to Deiwos
I was wondering if anyone knows some place where you can find complete summary of references.
I love the way it is made with Lucky Star.
Old 2007-08-17, 08:38   Link #30
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deiwos View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows some place where you can find complete summary of references.
I love the way it is made with Lucky Star.
This was posted in the generic discussion thread a while back
http://whoopdedo.org/moe/anime:hayate_no_gotoku
Old 2007-08-17, 11:52   Link #31
Fruitfly

I'm going to assume 'Gotenshou Bakushinken' translates into Five-Point-Palm Exploding Heart Technique from Kill Bill Volume 2 because Maria is Uma's yellow jumpsuit. They should have gave her a sword instead of Nunchucks.

and is this from Dragonball?
Old 2007-08-17, 12:04   Link #32
S_K
Let's begin!

Quote:
I'm going to assume 'Gotenshou Bakushinken' translates into Five-Point-Palm Exploding Heart Technique from Kill Bill Volume 2 because Maria is Uma's yellow jumpsuit. They should have gave her a sword instead of Nunchucks.

Yeah! it's from DBZ the great saiyaman and that's his pose
I was trying so hard to remember where that pose was from as i think it was in ep 20
Old 2007-08-17, 13:02   Link #33
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
The Yellow jumpsuit and the nunchucks are a Bruce Lee tribute (cf Game of Death)
Old 2007-08-17, 14:00   Link #34
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Yeah! it's from DBZ the great saiyaman and that's his pose
I was trying so hard to remember where that pose was from as i think it was in ep 20
Thanks

Maybe?
Old 2007-08-17, 18:06   Link #35
S_K
Let's begin!

Quote:

about this image, do you think in ep 20, 0:45 would be it
Old 2007-08-17, 23:19   Link #36
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
about this image, do you think in ep 20, 0:45 would be it
yes. Along with the image I posted above, it probably is.
I saw him doing the dance on an AMV on youtube. I loved the girl's reaction after he does it. Too bad Nagi doesn't do the whole dance.
Old 2007-08-18, 15:35   Link #37
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Wow. I'd forgotten all about Saiyaman. But then, I've tried very hard to remove all traces of DBZ from my brain. That arc wasn't so bad, though.

Reverse reference...

Tima!

Goto Yuko playing both Maou and Abiru, of course. Another scene had the message "The [anime] original episode was chaos." and "Criticized even before it aired."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deiwos View Post
I feel so unloved.

(nice sig and avie, though)
Old 2007-08-18, 22:03   Link #38
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
Reverse reference...
*snip*
Tima!

Goto Yuko playing both Maou and Abiru, of course. Another scene had the message "The [anime] original episode was chaos." and "Criticized even before it aired."
lol I should have known Shaft and SynergySP would trade references after seeing episode 10 and maybe episode 20. I'll have to keep my eyes more open when watching Zetsubou Sensei.

Updated the references on Telliamed's site for episode 20.
I'm probably missing some books.
and from what I was reading, the final preview line, "The power of justice calls the storm!", is from Brave Express Might Gaine but I have no way to confirm.
Old 2007-08-19, 20:04   Link #39
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Well anyway the opening to Hayate no Gotoku episode 21. Doesn't that remind you of Son Goku on how it was a rainy day and when lightning strick on top of the mountain, Goku was born? Does this remind you guys of anything or is it just me? Also when I saw Maria fishing on the preview on the next episode, I am suddenly reminded of a very old anime called Grander Musashi. Can anyone confirm? It looks almost exactly the same.

Last edited by garra113; 2007-08-19 at 21:12.
Old 2007-08-21, 17:12   Link #40
ortadragoon

in ep 20 and 21 there was a saint seiya ep in each one.

Hayate as milo on ep 20 talking about loyailty

and in ep 21 Hayate used the dragon's Shiryu ulitmate move
Closed Thread