AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-11, 10:40   Link #1181
Phibrizzo
Honos628

No theres a bigger time grap, actually if we look at the chapter again, they give the time the experiment is going to start, when Touma go to mikoto dormitory its almost the dawn of the day

Now according to this table

http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/tokyo.html

And the time of the month dawn in tokyo (as a point on reference) start at 4:30 I recall the experiment was around 9:00 and 10:00 pm that means around 5 hours.

Last edited by Phibrizzo; 2010-08-11 at 11:42.
Old 2010-08-11, 11:28   Link #1182
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Thanks for the correction, it sure didn't seem like that much time passed between Touma waling around with #10031 and when he fought Accelerator.
Old 2010-08-11, 12:58   Link #1183
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Hmm, does anyone think the reason the clones didn't "learn" or try anything new was because they were limited by the experimenters? Like they we're planned out, and for this experiment they had to use this weapon in this environment, etc etc. The project afterall is for Acc's development afterall.
Old 2010-08-11, 13:12   Link #1184
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
No theres a bigger time grap, actually if we look at the chapter again, they give the time the experiment is going to start, when Touma go to mikoto dormitory its almost the dawn of the day

Now according to this table

http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/tokyo.html

And the time of the month dawn in tokyo (as a point on reference) start at 4:30 I recall the experiment was around 9:00 and 10:00 pm that means around 5 hours.
10032 was at 20:30pm.

according to that graph you provided, sunset (and therefore 10031) seemed to be at around 18:30ish.

Its around 2 1/2 hours between the point now in Railgun, and the battle. three at a push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
Hmm, does anyone think the reason the clones didn't "learn" or try anything new was because they were limited by the experimenters? Like they we're planned out, and for this experiment they had to use this weapon in this environment, etc etc. The project afterall is for Acc's development afterall.
A sound theory, and probably true to at least some extent. How much is up for debate. What we know for certain is that the time and place is pre-determined, as well as equipment. Anything else is speculation.
Old 2010-08-11, 13:37   Link #1185
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
10032 was at 20:30pm.

according to that graph you provided, sunset (and therefore 10031) seemed to be at around 18:30ish.

Its around 2 1/2 hours between the point now in Railgun, and the battle. three at a push.
Fairly more, you adding 6 months, that would be around february, that was on july if I recall, so dawn is around 16:30 not around 18:30 if battle was at 20:30 is 4 hours. I guess is a bit less than I remember.
Old 2010-08-11, 14:26   Link #1186
Ashaman

I think you are confusing dawn and dusk. the former is sun rise, the latter is sun set. According to the table, 19:02 is today. The experiment was what, 18th? that's about a week. 18:53 is dusk. 20:30 was 10032. Sometime after, around 2100, Touma.
Old 2010-08-12, 17:20   Link #1187
Pyromania

With a recent Baka-Tsuki translation, I had a bit of a question...

Does Mikoto automatically vaporize harmful projectiles that come within a certain distance of her ala Accelerator's reflection? It would be a defensive mechanism not unlike Accel's reflection (although much weaker). If this was the case she might have other defensive mechanisms related to magnetism.

This might explain why Tree Diagram predicted Mikoto losing in 100+ moves to Accel (pre-awakening) rather than just the opening Railgun reflection.

Not really sure, but it's an interesting thought. Incidentally, what kind of defenses do the other Level 5's come up with. I'm interested in how they would fend off something like a Teleporter just putting something directly into their heart. Just from the Railgun Manga Mugino has been shown to create force fields out of her power. Mikoto has the vaporization/omni-directional radar. Accel is obvious.
Old 2010-08-12, 17:29   Link #1188
Miraluka
Banned

Well Kakine has absolute inmunity to any form of attack, no matter if is energy or physical, it won't work and he did that even without showing his wings first.
Old 2010-08-12, 18:03   Link #1189
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Out dear captain japan already have force fields all around him. Then again I recall reading he would be the 3 strongest if we actually rank them for combat purpose.
Old 2010-08-12, 18:15   Link #1190
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Does Mikoto automatically vaporize harmful projectiles that come within a certain distance of her ala Accelerator's reflection? It would be a defensive mechanism not unlike Accel's reflection (although much weaker). If this was the case she might have other defensive mechanisms related to magnetism.

Not really sure, but it's an interesting thought. Incidentally, what kind of defenses do the other Level 5's come up with. I'm interested in how they would fend off something like a Teleporter just putting something directly into their heart. Just from the Railgun Manga Mugino has been shown to create force fields out of her power. Mikoto has the vaporization/omni-directional radar. Accel is obvious.
Mikoto's defense isn't that strong. The vaporizing barrier due to high electricity or heat surrounding her can't deal with huge thing. That's why she use the things around her to defend. Like a block of steel bars and sand

The one scary about her is her omni-directional radar. She might be not in the league of the 1st "reflect everything back sicko defense" and 2nd "touch me and that's the last thing you'd do" part. But her sense highly boost though even if your sense are boosted if your body can't react with it. It's useless.

In a battlefield. if the field is in favor of mikoto then expect fighting someone like gaara with absolute defense. With heighten sense of her surrounding. She can her ability to form a sand barrier or a whirling pile of metal bars

Mugino's defense isn't that great if you ask me though I don't have much information about her defending because she's more likely the offense type. the type that would blast a hole in you.

Gunha's defense. I don't know though I think he also have one but his most notable with his insane strength. His like a superman which is literally like clark kent turn into esper. Insane speed and insane strength. What do you expect with the man of steel.
Old 2010-08-12, 22:58   Link #1191
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Sorry but Gunha comes later >> Aqua got superman title before and he even had half the colors right :P.
Old 2010-08-12, 23:04   Link #1192
tsunade666

aqua is the original superman. If I remember it right I'm the first one to call him superman

but I'm just comparing gunha's esper ability being super strong and super fast. his ability aren't like the other esper maybe because his a gemstone that's why you can't link it to others like electricity or telekinisis or either teleport.
Old 2010-08-12, 23:07   Link #1193
Phibrizzo
Honos628

The real problem with Gunha is that he exhibit 4 different abilities that so far dont have a common point, like mikoto is all electricity, magnetism is a part of it so its ok.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:18   Link #1194
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well Kakine has absolute inmunity to any form of attack, no matter if is energy or physical, it won't work and he did that even without showing his wings first.
Yet Accelerator's vector manipulation still got him in the end...

All the Level 5's defenses seem to pale in comparison with those of comparable mages
Old 2010-08-15, 14:37   Link #1195
giorno

duh, accelerator's defence looks pretty hax even looking at the most powerful magicians...actually, the only guy who's defence looks more hax than his is Fiamma...and that's because Fiamma seems to be "story-breaking" hax...
Old 2010-08-15, 15:23   Link #1196
tsunade666

fianma doesn't even had a defense system or even use one. Because your already dead before that happens but this is railgun manga so please stick to mikoto. And it's not like mikoto would ever fight accelerator again. Stick to mugino. She has a high chance fighting railgun than accelerator fighting railgun.
Old 2010-08-15, 15:51   Link #1197
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Accel vs. Mikoto is too one sided. The only people who can stand up to Accel are saints anyway.
Old 2010-08-15, 16:38   Link #1198
tsunade666

that's why I'm saying if it's a fight. Pick a fight with mugino!!! or the other level 4. But not the rank 1 or 2 of science side. That's just no fun at all.
Old 2010-08-17, 17:40   Link #1199
Pyromania

As far as defenses go, Mikoto has...

- Collecting metal objects/particles to form a solid wall.

- Vaproizing projectiles

- Immunity to electricity

- Some way of preventing wind attacks (?)

- "spider sense"

As far as powers she could POTENTIALLY have... well, there are a lot, but passive or automatic vaporization/magnetic fields would save her from a sniper attack, which seems like a pretty glaring weakness.

She should also be able to extinguish fire attacks by depriving them of oxygen via conversion to ozone.

Mugino's power seems less versatile but pretty effective at defense. Vaporize stuff via a shield of her Meltdown. Also limited (?) control of electric fields, enough to prevent lightning damage.

Mental Out would in theory unleash the mindrape on someone she senses is hostile? Her power is a pretty big question mark.

Gunha or whatever his name is has been described as "covering his body with a forcefield and being able to survive a stab wound to the heart with only prickly pain" so I think he doesn't need more defense than he already has (and probably doesn't have the power control to pull off something truly intricate)

If the Saints and Gunha really have superman speed I don't see how Mikoto could match them. I imagine that the Science side kind of lacks decent matches for her outside the other level 5's, who she is ranked higher than. So I'm kind of blanking on who Mikoto would have a truly good fight with. Well, there is always a rematch with Mugino at full power, with Mugino giving everything too...
Old 2010-08-17, 19:54   Link #1200
Miraluka
Banned

Academy City relies on their artificial angels not on espers.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen