AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you ever had an online relationship?
No, never. 157 67.38%
Yes, and it sucked/sucks. 20 8.58%
Yes, it was quite ok, but we finally split up. 30 12.88%
Yes, we're still together (online only). 14 6.01%
Yes, we're still in love and even live together now. 12 5.15%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-11-20, 23:31   Link #1
^danshi^
running bear

Online Relationships

Just out of curiostity, have you ever had an online relationship and what do you think about it in general?
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 23:34   Link #2
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Nothing more than just being friends. Especially when I played CS back in the day, I knew alot of regulars to a group of servers.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 23:42   Link #3
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I'm currently in one right now...long distance, too. Although I'd definitely prefer to be one in person, I simply have no luck finding a girl I'd remotely consider being in a serious relationship with around where I live (casual dating or flings, on the other hand, is a different story).
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 23:42   Link #4
^danshi^
running bear

Oops, got it in the wrong forum, sorry.
Would someone please relocate it in General Chat?
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 02:19   Link #5
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak

Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
I'm in one, and I'm very happy with it. The next thing to do is to move to Canada, half the length of the world away...
AzureLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 03:15   Link #6
NeverRamza

Unless you're close by, it's not going to work. And even if you're that one single exception where it does work, it's still going to fail soon sometime down the road.
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 03:34   Link #7
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Someone here must've been quite a charmer to be able to test out all possible online relationships with every single female out there and confirm the failure rate to be 100% for every one of them.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 05:23   Link #8
7thMethuselah

Hmmm, my online "relations" never got past having a couple of good friends,mostly sharing common interests. But having a real internet relationship ? Nope, and I doubt it is even possible, you can make a couple good friends on the net, but to start up a real relationship you'd have to meet each other and see how things turn out in the real world.
But those that have a real internet relationship, I wish the best of luck
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 06:34   Link #9
Wang Hung Lo
Death to False Music

Send a message via AIM to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via MSN to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via Yahoo to Wang Hung Lo
I met my wife over the internet. Kind of scary, huh? We posted at the same forum for years, and I couldn't fucking stand her. Somehow we started liking eachother's company, and before you know it, I'm in the Philippines living with her family. Now before you say anything, she's British, not one of those mail in bride sorts. We've been together for 4 years now. Most amazing person I've ever known.

It works if you've both got a decent head attached to your necks.
Wang Hung Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 06:45   Link #10
NeverRamza

Without physical contact (not necesarily sex) of some sort in a more-than-friends relationship, the human mind tends to get a bit wacky. It's just simple fact that the human mind needs it to fill that empty hole and to be comforted. Online-relationships work as a temporary replacement or a supplement to fighting lonliness but it'll never be enough able to completely satisfy it. You can proclaim your love all you want over AIM and type as many *hugs* as you physically can but it'll never be beat just holding the one you like while watching a movie (or whatever). Humans need touch.

Doing that weird form of dating just sends you further down the social disaster spiral. What's worse is that since you really don't *know* the person and their "real-life" mannerisms, you start filling in the holes of their personality with how you think they should act. Basically creating a false illusion of that person only to be disappointed if a meeting ever does occur. While I'm not against meeting people online, meeting in person should happen at least somewhat soon.

Basically, they never work out. And if anyone decides to fight me on this, yeah, right, you definately are the exception. I'm just sure you'll be able to be the one ultra-rare to actually get married and live your entire lives together. Right after you hit the lottery two times in a row, right?
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 06:58   Link #11
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Actually met my fiancee online, been together just shy of a decade now However she still lives across the country from me...but that's just because of her college work
Old 2004-11-21, 07:59   Link #12
Ending

Online relationships mean the same as "virtual interaction", which is just a pile of phooey. Only horny, male teenagers seem to populate this area.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 09:35   Link #13
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
I'm of the opinion that online relationships are for the socially inept who spend all day online.

But then, you're entitled to disagree with this fact.
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 10:33   Link #14
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverRamza
Without physical contact (not necesarily sex) of some sort in a more-than-friends relationship, the human mind tends to get a bit wacky. It's just simple fact that the human mind needs it to fill that empty hole and to be comforted. Online-relationships work as a temporary replacement or a supplement to fighting lonliness but it'll never be enough able to completely satisfy it. You can proclaim your love all you want over AIM and type as many *hugs* as you physically can but it'll never be beat just holding the one you like while watching a movie (or whatever). Humans need touch.

Doing that weird form of dating just sends you further down the social disaster spiral. What's worse is that since you really don't *know* the person and their "real-life" mannerisms, you start filling in the holes of their personality with how you think they should act. Basically creating a false illusion of that person only to be disappointed if a meeting ever does occur. While I'm not against meeting people online, meeting in person should happen at least somewhat soon.

Basically, they never work out. And if anyone decides to fight me on this, yeah, right, you definately are the exception. I'm just sure you'll be able to be the one ultra-rare to actually get married and live your entire lives together. Right after you hit the lottery two times in a row, right?
Well, 9 years, 3 months later...Yea, I think I can easily fight this one....Everyone deals with relationships in their own way.
Old 2004-11-21, 11:03   Link #15
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
nah online relationships sum freaky _ _ _ _!
Few girls who i bin chattin to online for a little while, ask are we in a relationship now or sumthin like that, i tell em straight up NO. Its weird man
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 15:20   Link #16
Wang Hung Lo
Death to False Music

Send a message via AIM to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via MSN to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via Yahoo to Wang Hung Lo
Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
I'm of the opinion that online relationships are for the socially inept who spend all day online.
Way to go describing most of us that post here.
Wang Hung Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 18:47   Link #17
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

haha, someone on this forum claimed me as his gf ...

no names though, might embaress him his friend messaged me asking, "are you <AS Member's> gf ....

me: NO
Anita-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 04:40   Link #18
Ending

What? You aren't? Aaaw, now he must be totally broken. Will you be mine then? We might *actually* make something interesting out of it.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 05:28   Link #19
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
I had one with this girl who lived in my area about 3 years ago.. People I knew at school knew her... It did not work out, she ended up with some fat ass guy.... Even her friends did'nt know WTF she was thinking. She was a bit on a violant side too. she said she punched one of her teachers in the head.
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 09:15   Link #20
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver4k
I had one with this girl who lived in my area about 3 years ago.. People I knew at school knew her... It did not work out, she ended up with some fat ass guy.... Even her friends did'nt know WTF she was thinking. She was a bit on a violant side too. she said she punched one of her teachers in the head.
Them the type of girls you gotta stay away from, do one wrong and BAM, get one rite in the head
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote