AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-02-23, 02:01   Link #61
Moon Eclipse

Athrun was never really ruined for me in Destiny, though it did ruin a few characters for me... I sympathized with Athrun and maybe that's what saved him in my mind...
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 16:10   Link #62
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

I was the opposite, I loved SEED Athrun even if he was pushed by the flow of things instead of finding a direction like Kira. I liked how that weakness came up again in Destiny when he was determined to find a reason for fighting, but I was saddened when nothing was rectified. In the end he was still pushed by the flow of things.

Joining ZAFT did nothing for his character, wait...except we were supposed to think how cool he was because he was surrounded by three ladies...oh please. Eventually he defects because he's forced to and he fights for the "right" side so easily and in such a holier-than-thou manner that I lost a lot of my love for his character.

Cagalli, on the other hand, I sympathized with because she carried so much responsibility on her shoulders and was put in the worst positions. She made mistakes, yes, but no 18-year-old politician is perfect, well except if you're Lacus Clyne... But the point is that she grew from her mistakes, and this growth in character is what I personally didn't find in Athrun.

I don't think Athrun was ruined for me, I still hold affection for his character, but he dissapointed me.
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 03:26   Link #63
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well just wait for gs the movie or gs series news for that.

but i predict they will still be together.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 02:55   Link #64
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
all the couples on gundam seed destiny
the most i likes is asucaga
i hope they relationship okay
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 09:19   Link #65
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
all the couples on gundam seed destiny
the most i likes is asucaga
i hope they relationship okay
Oh please, oh please...

Don't...

Don't.... I can't take this "TomKat" and "Bennifer" crap in real life, now I gotta hear it in anime talk, too?

>_<

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 19:31   Link #66
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Oh please, oh please...

Don't...

Don't.... I can't take this "TomKat" and "Bennifer" crap in real life, now I gotta hear it in anime talk, too?

>_<
You act like this is a new thing in actuality the nicknaming of ships has been present for quite awhile

I don't think it's going anywhere either
Old 2007-05-14, 21:50   Link #67
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
You act like this is a new thing in actuality the nicknaming of ships has been present for quite awhile

I don't think it's going anywhere either
The nicknaming of ships.......?

We're talking about romantic couples here. People. >_>

"TomKat" as in Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. "Bennifer" as in Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez....?

Ships? Where did that come from?

Old 2007-05-14, 22:26   Link #68
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
The nicknaming of ships.......?

We're talking about romantic couples here. People. >_>

"TomKat" as in Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. "Bennifer" as in Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez....?

Ships? Where did that come from?
You've really been out of the fandom side haven't you?

Ships = nicknames for relationSHIPS. And shipping is a term used to support the couple of choice.

So AthrunXCagalli = AsuCaga
or Kaien X Rukia = KaiRuki
or Kagome X Inuyahsa = InuKag

So if you ship Asucaga, it means you support the couple and want them to be together.
Old 2007-05-14, 23:46   Link #69
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
You've really been out of the fandom side haven't you?

Ships = nicknames for relationSHIPS. And shipping is a term used to support the couple of choice.

So AthrunXCagalli = AsuCaga
or Kaien X Rukia = KaiRuki
or Kagome X Inuyahsa = InuKag

So if you ship Asucaga, it means you support the couple and want them to be together.
Do people with firm ties to reality make up this stuff? Because my initial guess in "no."

>_>

Old 2007-05-15, 01:16   Link #70
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Do people with firm ties to reality make up this stuff? Because my initial guess in "no."

>_>

That would include the majority of Lacus fanboys in this forum alone
Old 2007-05-15, 04:41   Link #71
ila-chan
ermmm...

Quote:
Oh please, oh please...

Don't...

>_<
OH GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD!

Seriously dude? You'd really didn't know these terms? ASUCAGA? KIRAKUS? ASUKIRA?

Man, even people who don't watch SEED knows these terms!

(Forgive me if I'm being so rude! I've just finished my first term for my degree and my brain is still filled with all things biology)
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 07:09   Link #72
cyoti

Quote:
My sentiments exactly.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 07:19   Link #73
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Quote:
Oh please, oh please...

Don't...

>_<
that's common
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 08:12   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

>_>
People with firm ties to reality don't care one way or the other about it. And that includes caring about Tomiffer and Benkat, too!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 09:01   Link #75
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan View Post
OH GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD!

Seriously dude? You'd really didn't know these terms? ASUCAGA? KIRAKUS? ASUKIRA?

Man, even people who don't watch SEED knows these terms!

(Forgive me if I'm being so rude! I've just finished my first term for my degree and my brain is still filled with all things biology)
I know what they mean. It's not too hard to figure them out.

What I just don't need is the terms. I flip on CNN and walk down the aisiles at Wegman's and all I hear/see is stuff about celebrity couples "TomKat," "Bennifer," etc. and then I come here and see it too.

Why? Why do people do this to me?

First term done? Welcome to hell. I just finished my 5th semester and I'm just happy not to be on Academic Warning this coming semester with the Honors College...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
People with firm ties to reality don't care one way or the other about it. And that includes caring about Tomiffer and Benkat, too!
I don't care about the celebrity couples. Unfortunately, CNN and everyone else does so I have to traverse the internet for real news. I care that they care enough to make up these cute little nicknames for couples and I'm stuck hoping that they show some real news, eventually.

Old 2007-05-15, 20:35   Link #76
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Welcome to reality. People do and say stupid and pointless things where ever you go. It's annoying, but what can you do? If you don't like it, ignore it.

Now, let's stay on topic, shall we?
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 02:02   Link #77
ila-chan
ermmm...

Quote:
First term done? Welcome to hell. I just finished my 5th semester and I'm just happy not to be on Academic Warning this coming semester with the Honors College...
Off topic. Thanx.
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 02:05   Link #78
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well only people that got the answer are the people working on gs the movie cause they got the answer of the athalli relationship.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 07:38   Link #79
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan View Post
Off topic. Thanx.
Which, I have to qualify that statement.... Academic Warning for the HC is a 3.33 GPA, a very healthy B+ average. I had an A average this semester, sooo... LOL I'm very fatalistic about my grades and I shouldn't be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well only people that got the answer are the people working on gs the movie cause they got the answer of the athalli relationship.
And now people start changin' around the names to make it worse. ^_^

I would doubt that after GS/D and making it rather obvious that Meyrin is the new "other half" to Athrun (why let character development get in the way?), they probably won't, in any future installments, go back to the old relationship. Of course, I thought that there wasn't anyway that in GS/D, despite hearing how bad it was, that I'd see what I did... Such as Athrun defect. Again.... And again.... Crazy suicidal boy... And other such glorious things that I saw in GS/D. So, I'm not going to hold my breath, but my instincts tell me that Ahturn and Cagalli aren't going to be together any time soon.

Old 2007-05-23, 23:11   Link #80
aldw

Quote:
Which, I have to qualify that statement.... Academic Warning for the HC is a 3.33 GPA, a very healthy B+ average. I had an A average this semester, sooo... LOL I'm very fatalistic about my grades and I shouldn't be.

And now people start changin' around the names to make it worse. ^_^

I would doubt that after GS/D and making it rather obvious that Meyrin is the new "other half" to Athrun (why let character development get in the way?), they probably won't, in any future installments, go back to the old relationship. Of course, I thought that there wasn't anyway that in GS/D, despite hearing how bad it was, that I'd see what I did... Such as Athrun defect. Again.... And again.... Crazy suicidal boy... And other such glorious things that I saw in GS/D. So, I'm not going to hold my breath, but my instincts tell me that Ahturn and Cagalli aren't going to be together any time soon.
Hmm, with enough money one could buy the studio and rewrite the outcome of things, after all, stranger things have happened in real life...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote