AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-02-18, 05:34   Link #61
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Aiko seem like really desperate.....

She doesn't seem to be the type who just surrenders without a fight,so it makes me wonder whether she will "sabotage" ShinxHiromi or ShinxNoe.But for now,it is really hard for me to support ShinxAiko because i just can't imagine them as a couple.
As much as I don't want to say it, that kiss reminds me so much of the Sekai x Makoto kiss in episode one. In many ways, it's very similar. Aiko seems to "give" advice to Shin as if to help him, but she's really talking about her feelings. Aiko knew that Shin likes Hiromi, and now that he's dating Noe, but she still takes action anyways. Did I expect her to give up? Somewhat. I expected her to be nice to Miyokichi more, or at least, I didn't expect the kiss at all.

The problem with this series is that I can't hate any of the female leads. I love Noe and I feel sorry for Hiromi and Aiko. I can't make my decision on whom to stick with for now.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 06:24   Link #62
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

In my mind Aiko just sealed her fate with that move, these acts of desperation have a tendency to backfire... I can't recall the last time the girl pulling that move "won." Oh wait I do... there was KGNE... and I guess School Days but she didn't live long enough to enjoy her win so...

Going from first impressions Aiko has always seemed like the odd one out as it's been mainly Hiromi and Noe being focussed on. Shinichiro seems to have never ever considered Aiko as anything more than a friend, so I'm not sure what his response will be. Actually I think he'll probably be conflicted for at least one episode now that he has to deal with his newly minted relationship with Noe while still trying to find closure with his first love. Aiko adds the extra dimension and baggage to spice things up.

But you're right KholdStare, it is rather hard to hate any of the girls in this show... besides Shinichiro's mother.

Old 2008-02-18, 06:44   Link #63
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
In my mind Aiko just sealed her fate with that move, these acts of desperation have a tendency to backfire... I can't recall the last time the girl pulling that move "won." Oh wait I do... there was KGNE... and I guess School Days but she didn't live long enough to enjoy her win so...

Going from first impressions Aiko has always seemed like the odd one out as it's been mainly Hiromi and Noe being focussed on. Shinichiro seems to have never ever considered Aiko as anything more than a friend, so I'm not sure what his response will be. Actually I think he'll probably be conflicted for at least one episode now that he has to deal with his newly minted relationship with Noe while still trying to find closure with his first love. Aiko adds the extra dimension and baggage to spice things up.

But you're right KholdStare, it is rather hard to hate any of the girls in this show... besides Shinichiro's mother.

The problem is Shin's personality. We have seen that he is a "good Boy" and being a good boy we can't really predict his way of thinking. the Writers will come with the thing that we expect the least. Nobody was expecting Shin to give in to Jun's demands so fast. the fact that it was so fast and so early has many people getting the flags about Noe's relationship not lasting very long.

There is only three ways for Noa and shin to break up.

1. hiromi breaks up with Jun!

2. Noe finds that Shin is going out with her as a deal.

3. Hiromi or Shin find out that they are not half siblings and one of them break with the other and then confess his/her feelings.

Aiko is not an obtion for Shin to break up with Noe, maybe Shin will tell Aiko the reason he is going with Noe. Still, Aiko got something from this, she gave her first kiss to Shin and took his.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 13:19   Link #64
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
As much as I don't want to say it, that kiss reminds me so much of the Sekai x Makoto kiss in episode one. In many ways, it's very similar. Aiko seems to "give" advice to Shin as if to help him, but she's really talking about her feelings. Aiko knew that Shin likes Hiromi, and now that he's dating Noe, but she still takes action anyways. Did I expect her to give up? Somewhat. I expected her to be nice to Miyokichi more, or at least, I didn't expect the kiss at all.

The problem with this series is that I can't hate any of the female leads. I love Noe and I feel sorry for Hiromi and Aiko. I can't make my decision on whom to stick with for now.
Definitely.
You know you don't live to make everybody happy, and Shinichiro is no exception.
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 14:57   Link #65
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
Spoiler for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and School Days references:
I do find it weird that Shin noticed Noe's feelings but not Aiko's feelings. Well actually, he better notice them now after episode 7. Like you said, because Shin picked Noe first, the chances of Noe winning just became very lower. In fact, I put it as lower than Aiko's chances. I just hope that Aiko has some screen time after this and just doesn't spend the rest of the episode sulking.

And can you please put the KGNE part in a spoiler tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
There is only three ways for Noa and shin to break up.

1. hiromi breaks up with Jun!

2. Noe finds that Shin is going out with her as a deal.

3. Hiromi or Shin find out that they are not half siblings and one of them break with the other and then confess his/her feelings.
I'm not sure if "only" is the right word, since judging from most drama series I've watched, at least one of the three things you mentioned is going to happen.
Old 2008-02-18, 15:07   Link #66
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I was really fretting over Aiko's chances, then I realized that this is True Tears; a show that refuses to bend to the mundane, worn out anime clichés and actually tries to think outside the box (e.g. Nobuse's confession to Aiko). I feel much better after realizing that. I also realize how much I like Nobuse, so win or lose, I'll feel great (unless Aiko ends up alone, in which case tears will fall).
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 16:23   Link #67
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I was really fretting over Aiko's chances, then I realized that this is True Tears; a show that refuses to bend to the mundane, worn out anime clichés and actually tries to think outside the box (e.g. Nobuse's confession to Aiko). I feel much better after realizing that. I also realize how much I like Nobuse, so win or lose, I'll feel great (unless Aiko ends up alone, in which case tears will fall).
Very positive way of thinking. you are right, we shouldn't judge Aiko's chances by what we normally see in most anime. This show is ground breaking for an anime show. Thanks for that positive outlook. I am rooting for Aiko myself, but I am giving Hiromi the edge just going by what normally we see in anime.
Old 2008-02-18, 16:27   Link #68
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Very positive way of thinking. you are right, we shouldn't judge Aiko's chances by what we normally see in most anime. This show is ground breaking for an anime show. Thanks for that positive outlook. I am rooting for Aiko myself, but I am giving Hiromi the edge just going by what normally we see in anime.
Going by your post and my thoughts alone, i really do hope this series could break the 'male lead ends up with you know who girl' rule, i really really do. I'd love to see Shin end up with Aiko, i really really do, though i can't help but love seeing how cute Noe and Shin are together.
Old 2008-02-18, 16:46   Link #69
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Going by your post and my thoughts alone, i really do hope this series could break the 'male lead ends up with you know who girl' rule, i really really do. I'd love to see Shin end up with Aiko, i really really do, though i can't help but love seeing how cute Noe and Shin are together.
I hope so too, and I think that if that happens, then Aiko has better chances than Noe. But you know, a Hiromi ending doesn't have to be bad, as long as the drama leading up to it is not overdone nor too simplistic.
Old 2008-02-18, 16:46   Link #70
golthin

I was wondering if Aiko will tell nobuse that she kissed Shin. Will that be the right thing to do?
Will honesty about virtually cheating with Shin will finally free her from Nobuse? Will that be a hurtful thing to do?
Old 2008-02-18, 17:43   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I was wondering if Aiko will tell nobuse that she kissed Shin. Will that be the right thing to do?
Will honesty about virtually cheating with Shin will finally free her from Nobuse? Will that be a hurtful thing to do?
Especially with that scene in episode 07, this could be the ultimate way for Aiko to break up with Nobuse. Still, seeing how Nobuse tried to ignore Aiko's confession, i wouldn't be that surprised if he does this again.

Then again, Nobuse could just walk in on the end of episode 07.
Old 2008-02-18, 17:47   Link #72
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The anime never made it clear whether or not Aiko and Miyokichi broke up or not. Aiko sure tried to, and Miyokichi was saying strange things to Shin at the end of the episode, but it's pretty over (for the moment), so maybe she won't.
Old 2008-02-18, 17:55   Link #73
golthin

Quote:
The anime never made it clear whether or not Aiko and Miyokichi broke up or not. Aiko sure tried to, and Miyokichi was saying strange things to Shin at the end of the episode, but it's pretty over (for the moment), so maybe she won't.
well, I pretty much thought they were over and broke up, but many other people think that they had not yet broke up. That Nobuse is still in semi denial. Still, he left the posibility for her to come back if things don't work out.
Old 2008-02-18, 17:56   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The fact that he walked off like that holding her hand does show that they have not official broke up. Sure that's nothing huge to go by, though i'm almost certain that if they do break up, it'll be shown in the series.
Old 2008-02-18, 18:09   Link #75
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The fact that he walked off like that holding her hand does show that they have not official broke up. Sure that's nothing huge to go by, though i'm almost certain that if they do break up, it'll be shown in the series.
Shiroth's point of view seems to be the major consensus about it! That is why I was running with it, instead of my own opinion!
Old 2008-02-18, 18:31   Link #76
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Shiroth's point of view seems to be the major consensus about it! That is why I was running with it, instead of my own opinion!
Well I didn't mean it in that way. Whether they physically broke up or not, last episode was the first time Aiko tried to tell Miyokichi about her feelings, and even though he stopped her, we all knew that he got what she was trying to say. So emotionally, they both know that their relationship isn't the same anymore.

Oh, and I will continue to call him Miyokichi out of respect and consistency.
Old 2008-02-19, 00:19   Link #77
jzmagic
flargansbog

I'm totally rooting for Aiko-Shin pairing, although I think this is the least probable. She has so many handicaps going against her... dating Shin's best friend, never been "considered" in Shin's eyes, the fact that Shin likes Hiromi, and confessing right after Shin told her he was dating Noe... a lot of obstacles
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 14:56   Link #78
Muyasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Yeah, going to have to agree with this. If this were any other series, I'd say that episode 7 sealed the fates of both Aiko and Noe but, I'm starting to think the reverse.

Though no matter what, Shin's reaction to the kiss is going bad(because he still thinks that her and Nobuse are dating), but at the same time, it will place Aiko in his mind set. He'll probably ask Nobuse about his relationship with Aiko next episode.

I'm pretty sure that Aiko will be in a very happy mood next episode. If she ends up with Nobuse, I'll be pissed though. I like both characters but that is like them both accepting a consolation prize. Neither character deserves that.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 21:08   Link #79
Tragic
Stuck in Shitstorm
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Tragic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyasuki View Post
If she ends up with Nobuse, I'll be pissed though. I like both characters but that is like them both accepting a consolation prize. Neither character deserves that.
Very true. I agree with you completely.
Tragic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 21:19   Link #80
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
Very true. I agree with you completely.
More like she accepts the consolation prize and he gets to continue being obsessive. Heh.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote