AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-14, 17:34   Link #721
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
If sales for K-on!! English dubs do good, there will be a good chance that a movie dub will come out. Its all in the marketing strategy for profit.
ya but still considering all the marketing things, i think it might not come out for at least next 6 months, and if it gets dubbed i hope that it's the animax dub because that one is really good
Old 2012-06-23, 03:03   Link #722
Lugia2126
The Biggest Mio Fan

I got saw some screenshots about it. But I forgot where T_T
Old 2012-06-23, 10:50   Link #723
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia2126 View Post
I got saw some screenshots about it. But I forgot where T_T
Spoiler for Image:
Spoiler for Image:

I know this belongs in the image thread, but are you referring to these images? The actual screenshots from the movie are inset in the image.
Old 2012-06-23, 13:08   Link #724
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

hey i just now remembered, is the movie a continuation of the ova specials after second season, because i remember there was a ova in which they decide to go overseas for vacation and are doing all the preparations like passport and other stuff
Old 2012-06-23, 13:26   Link #725
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
hey i just now remembered, is the movie a continuation of the ova specials after second season, because i remember there was a ova in which they decide to go overseas for vacation and are doing all the preparations like passport and other stuff
Yes, this is the actual trip to London they were talking about in the S2 OVA.
Old 2012-06-23, 22:50   Link #726
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

wonder if they will make anymore content linking with the main series like extras or specials
Old 2012-06-24, 00:09   Link #727
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
wonder if they will make anymore content linking with the main series like extras or specials
There is always the possibility: such features will most likely be OVAs or ONAs, given that the core of the story has concluded. I think that the post-graduation material will have the greatest chance of appearing in an OVA in the future, although this is pure guesswork.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:27   Link #728
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_nubkilr View Post
There is always the possibility: such features will most likely be OVAs or ONAs, given that the core of the story has concluded. I think that the post-graduation material will have the greatest chance of appearing in an OVA in the future, although this is pure guesswork.
What does ONA stand for? Is it different from OVA?
Old 2012-06-24, 01:31   Link #729
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
What does ONA stand for? Is it different from OVA?
Presumably it means "Original Net Animation," like Kadokawa had KyoAni do for The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:14   Link #730
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Presumably it means "Original Net Animation," like Kadokawa had KyoAni do for The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya.
My apologies for not being clearer: ONA is indeed original net animation. Truth be told, I think the OVAs are more likely than ONAs.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:21   Link #731
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
My apologies for not being clearer: ONA is indeed original net animation. Truth be told, I think the OVAs are more likely than ONAs.
Aye. The Haruhi ONA thing was kindof a troll on Kadokawa's part on the poor, abused Haruhi fandom who were patiently waiting for a second season since about the Coolidge Administration. TBS/Pony Canyon aren't really into the whole trolling of the fanbase thing. At least, not for K-ON! And the Haruhi ONAs showed that Kadokawa had a certain awareness/appreciation for the fanbase outside of Japan (during Haruhi-chan's original run, they came out already subtitled in English. Kadokawa also pushed for the Haruhi movie to have limited screenings in theatres outside of Japan.) TBS/Pony Canyon seem to be somewhat indifferent to the thought of K-ON! having a fanbase outside of Japan. (It grossed $21 million in Japan, and probably would've eked out a few million more, except its theatre run was of a predetermined length. The first anyone who didn't happen to be in Japan for the screenings will see of the K-ON! movie will be when the first speedsubs come out, around the start of August.)

So, yeah, if TBS decides to pay for an adaptation of the last two tankobons, they'll probably be OVAs that they'll sell for the customary ~8000 yen.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:57   Link #732
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
TBS/Pony Canyon seem to be somewhat indifferent to the thought of K-ON! having a fanbase outside of Japan.
Indifferent, or aware and deliberately choosing to withhold it? From a business perspective, it's probably more sound to encourage sales of a product on a larger market, as that yields greater profit. I honestly can't think of any reason to not release it for the international market, as that would simply result in reduced profit.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:07   Link #733
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Indifferent, or aware and deliberately choosing to withhold it? From a business perspective, it's probably more sound to encourage sales of a product on a larger market, as that yields greater profit. I honestly can't think of any reason to not release it for the international market, as that would simply result in reduced profit.
For many, many anime properties, the world outside of Japan just doesn't bring in the kinds of money that midnight anime otaku do. For most anime properties, the world outside of Japan is an afterthought that gets their releases a year or a year and a half after the Japanese do (and that's driven by domestic market concerns. We get anime released so late to prevent Japanese customers from reverse-importing the product, since we pay all of $5 per episode compared to the $40 per episode Japanese people will pay for an episode of K-ON!!. It's why Japanese releases come with all these cutesy little extras that you'll never see in Western releases (postercards and special art and the like.) Sure, it probably adds, like, fifty cents to the cost of the disc for the production company, but the otaku feel like they're getting their money's worth, and the distributors are laughing all the way to the bank.)

An example of a production company who's aware of how much of their product moves in the market outside of Japan are the makers and distributors of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood who licensed it to Funimation to sub the and distribute the show online no less than six days after the initial airings in Japan. TBS and Animax were part of that effort, and both, by the way, are distributors of K-ON!
Old 2012-06-24, 17:41   Link #734
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

That clears it up: thanks!
Old 2012-06-25, 12:38   Link #735
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
high school material or college material, whatever it might be i hope something does comes out because i believe there are some high school chapters which were not animated
Old 2012-07-12, 07:57   Link #736
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Talking

Lets get pumped! The Blu-ray/DVD comes out next week!! I've been so impatiently waiting for this for a year!
Old 2012-07-12, 08:08   Link #737
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

fuckin yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 2012-07-12, 08:12   Link #738
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Its that time already? Felt like the waiting time went by before I knew it. Time to get psyched.
Old 2012-07-12, 08:15   Link #739
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

It comes out July 18, 2012. I really want the Limited Edition Blu-ray!
Old 2012-07-12, 13:05   Link #740
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

With less than a week left now, I look quite forward to acquiring my copy. I aspire to post a review out there with nice screenshots soon; I don't think I would been able to post a reasonable assessment based on experiences at the theatre, given that I might skate over or miss things. Thus, I've been holding back on a review until I've had the chance to re-watch...
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life