4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-25, 19:33   Link #41
mistress_kisara

Great episode! Eren is back!!!
Honestly, I wouldn't have noticed the stills if somebody hadn't pointed it out (I didn't even know they were stills! )
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 19:59   Link #42
Witch of Uncertainty

Mikasa.. ;_;
Too moe.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 20:02   Link #43
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This preview image....
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 20:04   Link #44
Iron Maw
Banned

Images
dear god...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I thought she sooo going to die at that point.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 20:06   Link #45
Enjou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Images
dear god...

I thought she sooo going to die at that point.
Potato girl is not allowed to die. If potato girl dies then where will we get our comic relief? The series would be way too serious without her.
Enjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 20:25   Link #46
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjou View Post
Potato girl is not allowed to die. If potato girl dies then where will we get our comic relief? The series would be way too serious without her.
Reiner is funny tho :v. But ya i don't ever see her dying when you kill of the comic relief character. Usually you kill them off when they are to weak to defend themselves which is not the case for her.

Also whats with the titans making shock waves around the surrounding area since they are so light weight for instance a 4 meter elephant has tons of density they are built like tanks yet it moving near me won't create a shock wave that sends me flying.
Old 2013-05-25, 20:31   Link #47
CJ_Walker

This episode is why I continue to like Anime & Manga, even though its chock full of stupid B.S. and I have to keep it a secret from my friends. Every once in a while something as awesome as this comes along and makes all of it worth it.

God damn that was a beautiful episode.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 20:39   Link #48
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I can really feel those blows the Eren-Titan deals...the anime makes them look so brutal and vicious lol. This anime was so awesome, and now with the Eren-Titan, it's even more awesome.

When Mikasa told Armin about how he's saved their lives before and he asked how, I seriously thought they were going to do another flashback lol. I have no problem with flashbacks, but damn I wanted to see more of Eren-Titan in action

I've reached this point in the manga, so i'm going in completely blind next week, so I can't wait to see what happens
Old 2013-05-25, 20:44   Link #49
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I hope we'll see more Eren Titan however that works.
Old 2013-05-25, 20:45   Link #50
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Actually, I haven't felt blows this powerful in anime since Hajime no Ippo...like that show each punch is just so solid, powerful and well made (both in animation and sound) that seeing the fights is so much more rewarding.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 20:46   Link #51
SagaraSouske

Well may be not all giants are humans, but the likelihood of Titan and Armored giant has human pilot is pretty high. If Eren got eaten and can transform into giant, people in the past must have gotten eaten and transformed like him. Even with low odds, that should have been known by now. I am surprised this is the first such occurrence.

If the nape of the neck is where human pilot is, any deep cut, puncture wound or similar would work to kill the pilot. But I guess the pilot would have similar regenerative power as the giants, as Eren grew back two limbs. Would need a fatal wound to the pilot in order to work.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-05-26 at 00:55.
SagaraSouske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 21:04   Link #52
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Well may be not all giants are humans, but the likelihood of Titan and Armored giant has human pilot is pretty high. If Eren got eaten and can transform into giant, people in the past must have gotten eaten and transformed like him. Even with low odds, that should have been known by now. I am surprised this is the first such occurrence.
Well look at it this way, even Eren's Titan Form...suit...mech...whatever you wanna call it...didn't look that much like Eren. Sure we can look at him and say it's Eren thanks to the same hair color, eyes and voice but just looking at his face...you can't really tell it's Eren (he looked like a freaking goblin xD).
Plus his strange behavior for a titan might just be attributed to both his hatred for him and whatever the hell his dad injected into him.

There's also the fact that for 100 years the only interactions with Titans were through the Scouting Legion during their missions and I doubt they would have the time and means to watch a comrade get eaten and wait to see what happens.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 21:12   Link #53
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Cool episode. Now the question for me is, what level of conscious control did Eren have over his Titan 'suit?' Clearly, he was operating 'off of instinct,' like Armin speculated... but I wonder if there's the possibility that he can master this form and fully control it.

Now, considering the Titan-suit was destroyed, we also must wonder what the mechanics of this transformation are. I assume it became active in this instance due to Eren being in a life threatening circumstance, but perhaps he can grow to summon it upon command. This is assuming he can activate it again despite it seemingly being destroyed.

I hope next ep we delve into this a bit. Clearly it has something to do with Eren's father's experiments and that key.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 21:15   Link #54
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well look at it this way, even Eren's Titan Form...suit...mech...whatever you wanna call it...didn't look that much like Eren. Sure we can look at him and say it's Eren thanks to the same hair color, eyes and voice but just looking at his face...you can't really tell it's Eren (he looked like a freaking goblin xD).
Plus his strange behavior for a titan might just be attributed to both his hatred for him and whatever the hell his dad injected into him.

There's also the fact that for 100 years the only interactions with Titans were through the Scouting Legion during their missions and I doubt they would have the time and means to watch a comrade get eaten and wait to see what happens.
No, that Titan definitely has Eren's mind. It ignored the Titans biting him to have his revenge on the Titan that killed Thomas.
Old 2013-05-25, 21:24   Link #55
Harangue
The Little Monster

Well, called that from a mile off.

Now let's guess as to who else is/will probably become a Titan...my money is on Armin and Eren fighting to the death or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Why would they even? Most of the time the Titans tear the bodies in half first, rather than eating them whole, like Eren. Even if that were the case, take Thomas as an example. He was literally swallowed whole by that abnormal, and then we saw that abnormal again in this episode when Eren killed it, so if it were that simple then someone would have noticed, like, the Titans crapping out new ones or something.

Anyway, my point is they'd have no reason to, anyone eaten is perceived as dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
No, that Titan definitely has Eren's mind. It ignored the Titans biting him to have his revenge on the Titan that killed Thomas.
I think it's more like it had Eren's rage. He was far too ballistic to be labeled as actually having thought processes outside of, "I REMEMBER THAT I HATE AND WANT TO KILL YOU!" So yeah, it's running off of Eren's instincts to kill the Titans. I don't think it can be as easy as the others are assuming, and I'm betting that it's not that he won't attack people, just that the Titans are the more prevalent and hated threat.
Harangue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 21:40   Link #56
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Great episode! Eren is back!!!
Honestly, I wouldn't have noticed the stills if somebody hadn't pointed it out (I didn't even know they were stills! )
Don't worry about since they aren't a big deal at all. There weren't many to begin with and the ones in the episode were mainly used on scenes that really didn't need much animation anyway. The episode still gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjou View Post
Right!

Sasha status as comic relief should keep her safe, though as Boy Titan pointed out Reiner can be funny sometimes too.
Images
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 21:44   Link #57
Harangue
The Little Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
He's here!
Spoiler for Arararagi-kun!:
Wooooow.

That's some top notch work they did drawing his eyes, top notch. Did his right eye see something especially interesting on the horizon, or did his left eye see an especially shiny penny on the ground?
Harangue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 21:51   Link #58
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

The Famous Mina-goroshi titan is finally killed by Mikasa

now you can rest in peace Mina

is it just me or Eren-Titan is made really handsome to the level of you can just slap him in any band/boyband and it will become really popular
Old 2013-05-25, 21:55   Link #59
SagaraSouske

Like 90% of the population was eaten by Titan right? There bound to be similar cases that it was swallowed like Eren.
Old 2013-05-25, 22:06   Link #60
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

This episode gets a perfect 10 from me. I think absolutely everything this episode was executed beautifully, apart from the stills. The music and the feels at the end...indescribable. I've read the manga, but for some reason the anime is making me feel so many things the manga didn't. This is why I love anime and manga.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote