AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-02-10, 08:43   Link #121
Farix

WMP has some security features that prevent you from making scene caps. Unfortunately, you can't turn these security features off, so you will have to use another player for the job.
Farix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 11:35   Link #122
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Thank you for the information. I just love BS Player!
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 14:03   Link #123
Tabris

Mkv screenshot.

BSplayer is my main media player, so it could just be my choice of media player.

But does anyone know how to get mkv screenshots working, or should I just download another media player if I want to make screenies?
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 14:21   Link #124
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Media Player Classic I believe has a Screenshot function
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 15:03   Link #125
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Which only works with the VMR modes. There's an entry in the CCCP FAQ that describes how to do it with either ffdshow (works in all players that use ffdshow) or specifically in ZoomPlayer or MPC.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 15:28   Link #126
Tabris

I did that, but for some reason it did not let me "grab now" nor could I change the file type from BMP.
Old 2006-03-07, 17:50   Link #127
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
I did that, but for some reason it did not let me "grab now" nor could I change the file type from BMP.
What build of ffdshow are you using?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 04:18   Link #128
Tabris

Whichever I got with Matroska pack 1.12 which seems to be a version released September last year (msv2003).
Old 2006-03-15, 23:22   Link #129
Schwarzwald
Tanjuu Oserotto

How to use print screen when PowerDVD is my only player...

Alright, I'm trying to get some screencaps from my Hellsing DVDs(I'd use WMP but it won't run DVDs) by using "Print Screen" on the image I want use, however when pasting it in any image program, be it PaintShop or PhotoShop, all I get is an actively moving image of whatever the DVD player is playing right then, and when the DVD is stopped the screen turns black. Taking a screencap of a screencap won't work either. I remember a different version of PowerDVD I had elsewhere and it had a copy image function, BlazeMP also serves this function but once you install it and the trial runs out it's gone for good(I already used mine up).
I'm on XP, and I need(or at least would highly prefer) some suggestions as to how to get screencaps.
Thanks in advance for your help, I tried searching for this through the search forum tab, but I got surprisingly little results which makes me think either I'm saying the wrong things or the search engine isn't working well for me.
Schwarzwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 02:31   Link #130
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Use an external program; I used to use Hypersnap DX, and now I use SnagIt. With Hypersnap there was a special setting you needed to enable, something about DX capture or DirectX capture, I can't really remember. Snagit has those things all in the presets. Windows on its own won't be able to do it. This also holds true for many games, unless the game has a built-in screenshot function attached to the "print screen" button, too.
Old 2006-03-16, 04:14   Link #131
SSS
Suki Suki Sia-chan ^Q^

the "printscreen" key *doesnt* work with overlay video output.

Here are the methods that may works(with free stuffs ) :
1. Try using media player classics/zoom player with VMR7/9 windowed/Renderless Renderer.
2. ffdshow picture grabbing filter.
3. mplayer with OpenGL/SDL video-out.
SSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 21:26   Link #132
NfiniT

Screenshot problems

I want to screenshot anime but i cant because im using a codec ( DivX). It comes up black when i paste it onto paint or something. Is there anything i can do or is it just the nature of the codec?
NfiniT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 21:40   Link #133
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NfiniT
I want to screenshot anime but i cant because im using a codec ( DivX). It comes up black when i paste it onto paint or something. Is there anything i can do or is it just the nature of the codec?
Hi.

Check out the existing thread in the Tech forum:

-> How to get screencaps / screen capture / screenshots

That thread is chuck full of ideas and solutions for screen shots/captures.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 01:01   Link #134
Syzygy

Open it up in WMP and hit ctrl + I
Syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 01:52   Link #135
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

If you're too lazy:

WMP -> Tools -> Options -> Performance -> Hardware Acceleration (set to anything othern than "full") -> Hit "Print Screen"

BSPlayer -> Hit "P" (It'll usually go to the 'BSplayer' folder)

VLC -> Video -> Snapshot (It'll usually go to the 'My Pictures' in your 'My Documents' folder)
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 17:02   Link #136
NfiniT

Thankyou very much Shiryuu.
I finally know how now......lol
im so stupid.
NfiniT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 14:46   Link #137
Teiaiel

Alright, I know everyone is pretty sick of all these questions about what should be a simple screencap job, but I have tried every single suggestion presented to me and I'm having no results...

On my computer, I currently have Windows Media Player 9 and Intervideo Win DVD. I use Windows XP. To cap from a DVD I have tried literally every suggestion I have read to no avail:

In InterVideo DVD everyone tells me to press 'P' to take a screen cap, and in my InterVideo folder should be a folder called captures that saves the images as .bmps however for some reason this folder doesn't exist, and when I press 'P' nothing happens... I have searched my harddrive for both this folder and the captures and have found nothing... does anyone have any idea why this would not work?

With Widows Media Player, I have tweaked every setting available, and its just not helping. Whenever I paste anything into MS Pain(t) or Paintshop Pro it does some odd thing, and if I close the player it goes black.

Well, I've tried to fully illustrate my problem, and I hope that someone is aware of a potential solution, (Its probably glaringly obvious, and I'm just being stupid) Thanks in advance for your help.
Teiaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 22:37   Link #138
animeloon

im using CCCP with zoom player, how do i print screen with zoom player?it gives me a black screen..
animeloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 10:48   Link #139
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiaiel
Alright, I know everyone is pretty sick of all these questions about what should be a simple screencap job, but I have tried every single suggestion presented to me and I'm having no results...

On my computer, I currently have Windows Media Player 9 and Intervideo Win DVD. I use Windows XP. To cap from a DVD I have tried literally every suggestion I have read to no avail:

In InterVideo DVD everyone tells me to press 'P' to take a screen cap, and in my InterVideo folder should be a folder called captures that saves the images as .bmps however for some reason this folder doesn't exist, and when I press 'P' nothing happens... I have searched my harddrive for both this folder and the captures and have found nothing... does anyone have any idea why this would not work?

With Widows Media Player, I have tweaked every setting available, and its just not helping. Whenever I paste anything into MS Pain(t) or Paintshop Pro it does some odd thing, and if I close the player it goes black.

Well, I've tried to fully illustrate my problem, and I hope that someone is aware of a potential solution, (Its probably glaringly obvious, and I'm just being stupid) Thanks in advance for your help.
I don't know what settings you tweaked, but did you set video acceleration to 0?
Old 2006-04-17, 15:15   Link #140
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Overlay is on.
You gota set it to something else.
In WMP you can turn it off (I use it for ScreenCaps).
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screenshot, wiki candidate