AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite School Days character
Kotonoha Katsura 185 41.02%
Sekai Saionji 180 39.91%
Setsuna Kiyoura 119 26.39%
Makoto Ito 52 11.53%
Otome Katō 38 8.43%
Kokoro Katsura 84 18.63%
Hikari Kuroda 22 4.88%
Other 12 2.66%
No one 34 7.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 451. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-29, 16:37   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

School Days - Favorite Character(s) Poll

Welcome to School Days - Favorite Character(s) Poll - the place where you can express all of your love towards your favorite School Days characters.

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2007-09-29, 16:59   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I will be brief, merciless, but "fair" with my opinion: simply...

no one

That's it, as i stated in my rant in the overal impression thread, the characters are not likable, because of some absurd scripting.
I would probably vote for Kokoro, but she isn't particularly important in the plot (well in fact, you can simply erase her, it wouldn't change anything in fact...)

if it was for the Game version, i would actually vote for Setsuna and Otome, and maybe Minami, as they are the most normal, but also add various good points in the chaotic plot of the game.
Old 2007-09-29, 17:05   Link #3
Pakxenon
popcorn

Quote:
no one
Hahaha. Well, I can understand that a lot of people won't like this anime for all the various reasons you've stated. The characters are stupid as hell and the story got more random.

Copy and paste (I was waiting for this thread to pop up!):
For some reason, I always have sympathy for the most ignored and pitiful characters, and this isn't an exception. Enter Kotonoha, a shy racked girl who is Makoto's first love interest but despite getting off to a nice and rusty start, she keeps calling off Makoto's lust and whithers away from his attention. It's sad to see her being ignored for most of the series, though her persistence and loyalty won me over. Each episode had her mentally taken apart until she almost becomes an empty shell. I heard she was meaner in the game (proven in the game ending where she takes the saw to the bridge), but here she's diluted to a shy stock girl - perfect for the ultimate yandere (wiki). Though she's not entirely diluted - the ending was still believable even after the ordeal she had to go through. Her NICE BOAT scene was very bittersweet, having withstood 10 episodes of emotional drainage. Thus Kotonoha wins me over as being my favourite character in School Days.
Old 2007-09-29, 17:09   Link #4
Chewy

I voted for Kotonoha because her actions make her a very interesting character to watch and analyze.
Old 2007-09-29, 17:14   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I will be brief, merciless, but "fair" with my opinion: simply...

no one

hahahahaha! XD

*cough*

As for me...I swear...if anyone votes for makoto, there will be blood! (black blood as not to scare the children with the doomed colour that is read - dont blame me if they grow up thinking that it is natural to bleed black )

From the main characters Kotonoha has my vote 100%

Ever since she showed up i have been captivated by her shy character (one of my many traits i love) and throughout the whole series it is evident that she is the victim in this whole whacky story - and now look who got the last laugh "MUHAHAHAHA!!!"

second vote goes to kokoro for saying "kyon-kun" XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-29, 17:38   Link #6
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Kotonoha - Innocent, yet deadly character of all. Without her, SD would be boring to watch. And she's got a hot body to boot. How can one not love her?
Setsuna - I like her loyalty, and she's pretty funny (ie. The breast-inflating device, Festival)
Kokoro - Helps brighten up the show.
Makoto - Awesome character!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other - Nice Boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
hahahahaha! XD

*cough*

As for me...I swear...if anyone votes for makoto, there will be blood!
Old 2007-09-29, 17:40   Link #7
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

I vote for no one...

None of the characters were likable in any way - they were either retarded, poorly developed or just downright boring. They were not believable or realistic as people.

I would actually vote for Makoto if the "no one" option was not available, just to show how little I care about this show in general...

This show stopped making sense around episode 9 and it became just a ploy for the producers to gain popularity. They created drama by making the characters act retarded and by giving everyone the much expected bloody finale, which was very distasteful and disturbing in my opinion. In any case, I stopped caring about the show or the characters after episode 9, so I did not really care that much what the finale was.
Old 2007-09-29, 17:48   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
This show stopped making sense around episode 9 and it became just a ploy for the producers to gain popularity. They created drama by making the characters act retarded and by giving everyone the much expected bloody finale, which was very distasteful and disturbing in my opinion. In any case, I stopped caring about the show or the characters after episode 9, so I did not really care that much what the finale was.
Making them act retarded after ep 9? what? have you been watching with your eyes closed for the previous 9 eps?
Thing this this story was based on the game which was really this messed up so I can't say that they created the drama seen as it was in the original source that they based it upon. The GOOD END is just another route in the game that is attainable and this is just a mixture of them - It was done so well this could even add another path to the game and hence a 4th GOOD END

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-09-29, 18:15   Link #9
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Making them act retarded after ep 9? what? have you been watching with your eyes closed for the previous 9 eps?
Thing this this story was based on the game which was really this messed up so I can't say that they created the drama seen as it was in the original source that they based it upon. The GOOD END is just another route in the game that is attainable and this is just a mixture of them - It was done so well this could even add another path to the game and hence a 4th GOOD END
Okay, I admit they were not acting too bright in the first 8 episodes either, but for me episode 9 was the turning point...especially when all the other girls(Hikari, Otome's followers) started going after Makoto. I know that all of those scenes come from the game, but for me they were introduced into the anime without any coherency. It's like picking only the brightest pieces of a puzzle, even though they do not fit together, and trying to create a full picture out of them - it just doesn't work. I did not feel it was done well at all.
Old 2007-09-29, 18:54   Link #10
Lanner Falcon
Lord of the Crimson Realm

Thumbs up Setsuna

Setsuna. The only one who didn't become a Makoto fanatic in the end. (she was just taken advantage of)
Old 2007-09-29, 23:14   Link #11
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I voted for Sekai, Setsuna, and of course, Kokoro. My reasons are simple:

1) I think Makoto had the best relationship with Sekai because it is not forced.
2) Setsuna was just cool.
3) Kokoro was cute and not raped.
Old 2007-09-30, 04:16   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Sekai- Liked her a lot
Setsuna- "V"
Otome- Liked her a lot too
Kokoro- Her too
Hikari- Amused at her ridiculous actions through episode 11

Well, the votes are influenced by the games...

Makoto got two votes...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-30, 05:57   Link #13
Sekai
Nekomimi ~

Send a message via MSN to Sekai
I voted for everyone I liked everyone in this show (except Nanami). And yes, even Makoto.
Old 2007-09-30, 06:13   Link #14
patnam

Don't forget about Taisuke...
Old 2007-09-30, 12:02   Link #15
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Makoto and Katsura was my favorites.
Old 2007-09-30, 13:43   Link #16
Echoes

Taisuke didn't get to be part in the poll, what a sorry guy. Not that I think anyone would have voted for him anyway, he's not exactly a coin in the sewer. I honestly don't know who to pick at this point, I'm stuck between Setsuna, Kotonoha, Sekai, a combination of the three, or maybe even no one. I think I'll save my vote until I've given it some more consideration.
Old 2007-09-30, 13:51   Link #17
Tran225

Kotonoha, shes the only one in this show that didnt do anything wrong
Old 2007-09-30, 14:09   Link #18
butter_sashimi

Yea like murder and corpse mutilation arent remotely wrong or disturbing.

I can't decide between Sekai who finished what she started using a trusty kitchen knife or Kotonoha who wiped out Makoto's legacy in one swift attack.
Old 2007-09-30, 16:03   Link #19
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
As for me...I swear...if anyone votes for makoto, there will be blood! (black blood as not to scare the children with the doomed colour that is read - dont blame me if they grow up thinking that it is natural to bleed black )
Right! i see some votes for makoto! time to kill - *takes out shotgun*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Okay, I admit they were not acting too bright in the first 8 episodes either, but for me episode 9 was the turning point...especially when all the other girls(Hikari, Otome's followers) started going after Makoto. I know that all of those scenes come from the game, but for me they were introduced into the anime without any coherency. It's like picking only the brightest pieces of a puzzle, even though they do not fit together, and trying to create a full picture out of them - it just doesn't work. I did not feel it was done well at all.
Forced plot device FTW yea agreed that it was stupid but i cant see it as being illogical - despite of what we think about makoto, in the story he is actually a popular guy amongst the crowd known for this good looks - maybe those horny bi**hes just wanted a piece of the action being...well...brainless

monkey see monkey do

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
3) Kokoro was cute and not raped.
thankyou god!!

Old 2007-09-30, 16:19   Link #20
kamo

I liked them all except maybe Kokoro (only because she wasn't focused on as much), but I voted for Setsuna and Sekai.