AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 134 63.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 27.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 5.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.95%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-27, 07:21   Link #101
Bordix

Quote:
Don't tell me you can WILL yourself to intervene in a fight between your one and only and a hot teen model.
lol, If he really loved his "only one" and "the hot teen model". He should have stopped them right away, especially when the shoving began but all he did at that time was
Spoiler for :

oh well, maybe it happened too fast and the guy wasn't able to react quickly, but still....

(or maybe he "enjoyed" the bitch slapping thus didn't want to stop it )

Quote:
Hell hath no fury like 2 women scorned!
Old 2009-02-27, 07:51   Link #102
wistfulloner

Just noticed that Taiga was bleeding from a head injury when Ryuji found her. (Blame it on Youtube quality videos)

I was initially confused as to why Taiga couldn't get back up the slope and instead opted to stay put build an igloo of sorts for herself, but its all much clearer now.
Old 2009-02-27, 07:58   Link #103
ddongbap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Just noticed that Taiga was bleeding from a head injury when Ryuji found her. (Blame it on Youtube quality videos)

I was initially confused as to why Taiga couldn't get back up the slope and instead opted to stay put build an igloo of sorts for herself, but its all much clearer now.
She got, knocked the f out man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzfY-aXGcBY&NR=1
Old 2009-02-27, 08:00   Link #104
FeDeR

It is clear she lost fall dow in a darkness)) She can't get up because of injury Great episode!!! Just watched it with eng subs) Why it take them that hell long to male new one xD? wannna New one!!! Ami was really awesome this EP ) I only worry Ryuuji gonna act himself like a dumb in next EP) Btw now we now we Taiga was asking GOd Of Broken hearts for a bless) xD And ryuujis phrase: "i will never let you alone after i catch u this time" is epic! lol ppl i fall in love with this anime) xD and Ami was really similar to Kanou while fighting may be Kitamura will fall with her or Kihara...
Old 2009-02-27, 08:01   Link #105
wynaut
Photoshopper

OMG! one of the best confession i've ever seen!!

Spoiler for aisaka:

this is so sweet..i almost cry.. >.<
Old 2009-02-27, 08:04   Link #106
ddongbap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynaut View Post

Spoiler for aisaka:

WASN'T IT?! I've seen this episode 4 times now.
Old 2009-02-27, 08:07   Link #107
ElementSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
I've rewatched the last scene at least 7 times now.

Probably one of the best confessions I've ever seen...

It would of been so much better the old ending though... the piano transitioning into the ending song.

DAMMIT I MISS THE OLD ENDING.
Old 2009-02-27, 08:08   Link #108
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementSun View Post
I've rewatched the last scene at least 7 times now.

Probably one of the best confessions I've ever seen...

It would of been so much better the old ending though... the piano transitioning into the ending song.

DAMMIT I MISS THE OLD ENDING.
I've rewinded and replayed the last scene more than 10 times already.
Old 2009-02-27, 08:09   Link #109
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Upon watching it again I counted that Ryuji let Minorin and Ami have two slaps against each other as well as the initial shove from Minorin before he decided to intervene.

Taking in the "WTF is happening" factor and perhaps the mild subconscious fascination of the scene I think he responded accordingly. Though I dont get out he let Ami through to get that last shove in...perhaps he wanted it to have it at least evened out.
Old 2009-02-27, 08:24   Link #110
ElementSun

Dammit... the week seems so friggin long now.

I want to watch episode 22 T_T
Old 2009-02-27, 08:43   Link #111
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Hell hath no fury like 2 women scorned!

Anyway, I really like this ep...it felt like an ep where Ami and Minorin had a chance to shine...and by that I mean actually show genuine, unrestrained emotions. This only solidifies my beliefs that those two are as every bit complex as Taiga has shown to be.

Can a guy actually love more than one woman/girl at a time? There needs to be more two-way love...
This really hammers the point that "you can't always get what you want." After watching this episode I couldn't help but think of that Rolling Stones song.
Old 2009-02-27, 08:52   Link #112
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode :

OMG what a field trip ...
They are youngs so for Harua its normal if she cry like that . (but don't understand why she was crying when Taiga was lost , maybe she didn't hate her at all )

Well , the fight and Minorin's anger was all because of Ami's jealousy . She was too jealous and it piss her off .
But wow the hairclip left very far .
Huh Taiga thought it was Kitamura , well that's all right , now Ryuji knows her true feelings .
"I can't stop loving Ryuji" This part was nice .
Now we know it will be Ryuji x Taiga (maybe but me i'm sure )

Ami got 0 chance now (well even in the beginning )
Minorin still have 1 chance (but its too late , Ryuji will not let Taiga alone anymore )

Next ep : Ami is angry , Minorin is sad , Taiga i think she's in the hospital ?
Old 2009-02-27, 08:54   Link #113
typhonsentra

Quote:

Spoiler for aisaka:

It was seriously sweet, and kudos are much deserved to the guy who first noticed she was praying to Kitamura, you totally called it.

I gotta wonder though, how bad Taiga's injuries are given how bad that wound looked and how long she was unconscious in the snowstorm.
Old 2009-02-27, 09:06   Link #114
ElementSun

Dammit, now the song playing during the confession is stuck in my head.
Old 2009-02-27, 09:25   Link #115
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
Ami's got one hell of a punch.
NOT IN THE FACE!!!!!! <--- that's ami...
Old 2009-02-27, 09:31   Link #116
kenecix

Quote:

Spoiler for aisaka:

Agreed.
It was one of the best i had seen
Old 2009-02-27, 09:55   Link #117
Traece
:cool:

I think this is Toradora!'s Oscar Episode. <_< The one that gets them all the awards and the praise.

I don't really have much to say about this episode since pretty much all of the loose-ends have been tied up at this point except for the relationship between Ryuuji and Taiga. There might be some more love-related conflict in the future but for the most part I think most of the doors are closed and the things to come quite obvious.

Anyhow, about that Ami. DAYUM she can throw down. Kawashima Ami is a beast xD. I don't think I've ever seen a girl punch so hard in an anime before, that was just golden. Characters used to hit one another with blunt objects and get this sort of reaction from me but if I saw her getting ready to beat somebody down I'd be running. It's no wonder those two guys were just watching the fight, they were scared Ami was going to rip their heads off. They had every reason to be!
The funniest part about that entire fight though... Probably that they were sort of fighting over Ryuuji in a way. I don't think they even know it.

Edit: And yes, Taiga will probably be hospitalized. Somewhere between having a concussion (most likely), bleeding (not too heavily?), and hypothermia, I'm sure she'll be sleeping peacefully with enough tranquilizer to down a dinosaur. They'll need it to keep her calm, much less asleep. xD Though I'm not going to say much about it, I think Ryuuji probably should have been carrying her while she was busy talking in her sleep. Just seems like the wise thing to do.
Old 2009-02-27, 10:16   Link #118
Nosauz

I'm sorry but clearly you haven't seen clannad after story episode 18, which in my mind is probably the best episode in any anime. This episode comes close, especially with all the subtetly employed but it just doesn't reach the emotional levels of Clannad AS 18. The best part was the ending, man the ED is hot. Good episode but the problem is this season, has too many good shows to contend with.

Actually this episode is very similar in subtelty like Clannad 17, during the tennis match. Loved the part when Takasu grabs miniori's arm and suddenly she realizes that she was right, and that takasu actually shares the same feelings that taiga has, it was great moment.
Old 2009-02-27, 10:16   Link #119
puppygod

Tranquilizer? With head trauma? Nah, she needs a CT scan asap. With wounds like that you never know. Might be just a little bump, might be subdural hematoma. You want to keep them conscious until you are sure they aren't trying to slip into permanent coma.
Old 2009-02-27, 10:21   Link #120
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I need to update my blog post.

I will do that soon. Anyway, I hope most of what I wrote made sense.

Regarding Taiga, she'll probably have to stay in the hospital for a while. Hypothermia is no laughing matter and so is concussion.

I was wondering, though: if Yuyuko-sensei did Toradora like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien I would rage so hard. What I mean is if Taiga enters a coma, and then there's Minori and Ami left. I'd also think people will rage as well. Haha.
Closed Thread