AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-13, 13:17   Link #1561
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Hard to even say if we'll find out in the show or not.
From what I know, Kyotou Yasuri audiobook prequel deals a lot with Yasuri Mutsue, Migiri and Hida Takahito. Someone should really translate those. ;__;
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 13:26   Link #1562
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
From what I know, Kyotou Yasuri audiobook prequel deals a lot with Yasuri Mutsue, Migiri and Hida Takahito. Someone should really translate those. ;__;
I'm sure someone will eventually (Maniwagatari just got started), just that I'm not sure if it will be in English .
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 13:30   Link #1563
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
(Maniwagatari just got started)
Started what? Translation? Link!
Or do you mean release? Didn't it come out like, two years ago? I really wish it would get sequels.

Quote:
in English
Yeah, that's the problem. Towazugatari is not a big deal for me, and it has a script book, but the audiobook is quite complex and there is no text, only audio. That's quite problematic.
Old 2010-07-13, 13:36   Link #1564
Kunagisa

Quote:
Started what? Translation? Link!
Or do you mean release? Didn't it come out like, two years ago? I really wish it will get sequels.
Not in English, and Nisio said he'll get another Maniwa volume (last one?) out this year (that's a ton of crap that he plans to finish this year though).

Quote:
Yeah, that's the problem. Towazugatari is not a big deal for me, and it has a script book, but the audiobook is quite complex and there is no text, only audio. That's quite problematic.
That reminds me of people translating everything extra from the BR/DVD and Drama CD script of Bakemonogatari into Chinese.
Old 2010-07-13, 13:38   Link #1565
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Nisio said he'll get another Maniwa volume (last one?) out this year
Oh. Yeah, seems to be the last part from the looks of it ("episodes of the rest 8 people" - the upper volume had four chapters). Well, I guess I'll just have to wait. Anime release is rather nice occasion to advertise the novel. Doesn't it say that he plans to 'start' it this year, not finish though?

Quote:
That reminds me of people translating everything extra from the BR/DVD and Drama CD script of Bakemonogatari into Chinese.
If only I had a correct transcript of Kyotou Yasuri in Japanese... If only...
Old 2010-07-13, 13:53   Link #1566
Kunagisa

Quote:
Oh. Yeah, seems to be the last part from the looks of it ("episodes of the rest 8 people" - the upper volume had four chapters). Well, I guess I'll just have to wait. Anime release is rather nice occasion to advertise the novel. Doesn't it say that he plans to 'start' it this year, not finish though?
You are correct on the wording; since most of everything on that list says he should be done with 'em, and the only other one is Kabuki (which was supposed to be done this year too wasn't it) so I was mostly assuming at least one more Maniwa would come out this year, and I remember reading somewhere that there will be only two volumes of this (probably another rumor though since I can't find confirmation anywhere now). The guy writes sooooo much that I just thinks he probably can fit 'em all in by the end of the year (whether they are publishable is another story).
Old 2010-07-13, 13:57   Link #1567
kyouray
2D > 3D

Really nice episode, I enjoyed it.
The difference in animation should be due to a new episode director (Motoki Tanaka) who did also some key animation.
As everyone mentioned the video game references were funny
I really like the Oboro Muramasa one (the series herself reminds me this game) since I love this game and someone told me the sequence when Nanami attacks the temple should be a Pocky & Rocky reference.
So omimon you were right, Nanami could also copy Konayuki's clan strength but it still bothers me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The ending of the latest episode is really tragic, I mean really liked Togame's hairstyle and now she has short hair which doesn't look as good on her as long hair.
Tragic indeed.
Short hair fits Togame but I will miss Shichika playing with Togame's long hair

Last edited by kyouray; 2010-07-13 at 14:08.
kyouray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 14:13   Link #1568
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Tragic indeed.
Short hair fits Togame but I will miss Shichika playing with Togame's long hair
Yeah that was always so cute when he played with her hair TT.TT

But I actually think her new haircut gives her more edge, if you know what I mean
All the other female characters have long hair so now she's different than the rest and it's kind of refreshing. Fits her intellegent and 'sharp' attitude a bit better as well.
Old 2010-07-13, 14:20   Link #1569
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

This short hairstyle grows on you.
You can say... it's a cut above other hairstyles.

*cough cough*
Old 2010-07-13, 14:25   Link #1570
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Trust me, this series becomes a giant headache in the end. It pretty much takes everything you know, and destroys it.
We know Nanami (and Meisai) are dead. -> They come back! Yay!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 14:26   Link #1571
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

;______;
;________;

This was actually my favorite episode so far... I was expecting it to be my least.

And I actually like Togame's haircut, I was expecting to hate it.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 14:32   Link #1572
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
Yeah that was always so cute when he played with her hair TT.TT

But I actually think her new haircut gives her more edge, if you know what I mean
All the other female characters have long hair so now she's different than the rest and it's kind of refreshing. Fits her intellegent and 'sharp' attitude a bit better as well.
I really hate the short hair=feminism=smarter woman relationship, it's a stupid dated cultural stereotype since the late 70s and it's just a lazy way to tell stories.

I also don't understand why nanami didn't just kill togame, because she could have, and that would have forced shichika to fight his sister.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 14:34   Link #1573
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I really hate the short hair=feminism=smarter woman relationship, it's a stupid dated cultural stereotype since the late 70s and it's just a lazy way to tell stories.

I also don't understand why nanami didn't just kill togame, because she could have, and that would have forced shichika to fight his sister.
I personally think Nanami cared about Shichika too much to have done something like that.

Don't haircuts represent inner transformation in Japanese culture or something? Maybe it'll be symbolic; if they wanted to give that "Short hair = smart" impression, they would've done it in the beginning.

Edit: Editing this post to make it past tense.... ;_;
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 14:43   Link #1574
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
We know Nanami (and Meisai) are dead. -> They come back! Yay!
Bring them back just to kill them again!! Meisai ... sigh she's so cool, I like her more than Nanami to be honest, glad someone still remembers her.
Old 2010-07-13, 14:56   Link #1575
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
And it's completely unrelated to this case.
Togame doesn't change much.
Old 2010-07-13, 15:02   Link #1576
Nosauz

Quote:
And it's completely unrelated to this case.
Togame doesn't change much.
no, I'm just talking about the notion that suddenly this haircut fits her because she smart and intelligent is just peeves me, thats all.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 17:58   Link #1577
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I personally think Nanami cared about Shichika too much to have done something like that.
I agree while, she wanted to force him to fight; she didn't want to kill her if he was going to be left alive.

Also this episode was simply amazing, I'd say either it or 3 have been the best episodes so far. Also I was impressed that Togame managed to find the flaw so well in Shichika's combo despite not having used any of the moves herself.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 19:20   Link #1578
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hmm personally not a fan yet of Togame's shorter haircut. Will probably get used to it, but the old style did fit her. Besides had good moments with Shichika and that longer hair. Oh well it was necessary for Nanami to do something in order to get Shichika serious. For a moment thought she did decapitate Togame, but then realized the show wouldn't work without her.
Old 2010-07-14, 00:00   Link #1579
Freeter
beyond

Wow, it really has been half a year since their journey began, huh...time sure flies.

Loved the video game parodies in the beginning, especially the side-scrolling action bit. Nanami is like a walking Game Genie

Togame really got to strut her stuff this time around, both literally and figuratively. While I'll miss all the crazy hair antics, her new look does give her a more mature presence, even if she still acts childish around Shichika. If only she was capable of fighting as well as strategizing...I'd rather see her fighting instead of Shichika, and not just because of the fanservice

(Definitely not looking forward to Ali Project next time. It'll take some serious Togame fanservice to keep me from skipping it)
Old 2010-07-14, 01:55   Link #1580
Preacher

So, do we know ANYTHING so far about Togames blue eyes that appears sometimes?

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy