AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 16 30.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 42.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-28, 06:51   Link #41
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
I was just thinking about something. I think Yuji's chances for survival have increased somewhat because of him learning 'Sakai Yuji's' own unrestriced spell. The first time he used it out of instict when he couldn't stop Shana's flames, but he managed to cast the spell a second time when he concentrated (although it crumbled against Shana's Shinku). Why give him his own spell if he's going to 'die' soon?

This might hint towards Yuji separating from SnH at some point, since he'd probably lose the powers of the God when that happens.

Same here. I've been rooting for Yuji since the beginning of the season. He's creating a whole new world in order to make sure his loved one doesn't have to fight anymore. He doesn't care what happens to himself and doesn't care if the whole world is against him. If Shana will be able to live a peaceful and happy life that way, then it's all worth it in his eyes. He's got my respect.

Basically the whole series has revolved around this everlasting war between the flame haze and guze no tomogara. So I think the series will end with some kind of solution for this problem. At the moment SnH's plan seems to be the only solution for the problem though. Yuji, who has 'lived' at both sides and has a clear understanding of the problem, has agreed with this plan. The flame haze and tomogara don't seem to have any other solution at the moment either.

There are still enough reasons why I believe that Yuji's plan will still work, even though there might be some minor changes because of Shana's interference:
  • At the end of this episode Shana could have destroyed the worlds egg when she was breaking through Yuji's defenses, but she didn't. She instead threw the chorde at the worlds egg, resulting in her piece of Taimei Shihen mixing with Yuji's Taimei Shihen. Why would she do this if she was trying to stop Xanadu from being created? Why would the Gods of the Motherland stall for time instead of helping her to destroy the worlds egg?

I have a feeling that Shana's plan won't destroy Yuji's plan, but that her plan will combine her and Yuji's wishes somehow. Nearly all flame haze broke down when SnH/Yuji announced his goals, because the creation of Xanadu would solve most of their problems. The guze no tomogara would disappear from this world and humans wouldn't be eaten in this world anymore after all. Because of that Flame haze wouldn't be needed. Even though this world will benefit greatly from the creation of Xanadu, Shana has decided to fight Yuji because it wouldn't solve the main problem. The balance of the 'greater world' would still be at risk. That's the only reason why she decided to fight. She's not completely against the creation of this new world. But what if Shana found a way to make sure that the balance of the 'greater world' would be safe as well? That's why I think that Shana's piece of Taimei Shihen is an alteration of the 'code' instead of some kind of virus.
  • Yuji, the main character of the series, would have sacrificed his existence and the bonds with his parents/friends for nothing. By executing his plan, he basically decided to fight all alone. His important people have either forgotten about him or are fighting against him. If his plan would be stopped, Shana still wouldn't be able to have a 'peaceful' life where she doesn't have to fight until her existence burns out. Yuji would never be able to be happy this way and Shana wouldn't be either. It would be a bad end for both of them.
  • 80% of the flame haze have died during the war. If Yuji's plan fails and the guze no tomogara stay in this world, the flame haze won't be able to match them. The numbers of the tomogara will be too big for them to handle. The balance would crumble at a rapid pace because there aren't enough flame haze to keep the tomogara in check. Shana and the other flame haze must have realized this as well.
You can't destroy the World Egg just like that. The Snake would never allow it.
Old 2012-02-28, 09:09   Link #42
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yes. It takes Alastor's deadly flame just to destroy the portion of the Taimei Shihen (Asiz's plan) during Great War. The whole egg wouldn't be easily destroyed by Shana's fist alone.
Old 2012-02-28, 09:34   Link #43
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Yes. It takes Alastor's deadly flame just to destroy the portion of the Taimei Shihen (Asiz's plan) during Great War. The whole egg wouldn't be easily destroyed by Shana's fist alone.
Indeed so....apart from Alastor nothing even comes close to the Snake
Old 2012-02-28, 12:19   Link #44
Deathscyther

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Quote:
Indeed so....apart from Alastor nothing even comes close to the Snake
Okay, you guys seem to know more about the Taimei Shihen than me. I guess this has been explained in the novels. I don't really know much about the Great War.

Since Yuji put an extra defensive layer (silver) around the world's egg, I thought it's defenses were pretty weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I'll be laugh if giving Taimei Shihen to Flame Haze is still part of Yuji's plan...
I don't think it's part of Yuji's plan, but I have a feeling that Shana's plan won't cause too much damage to Yuji's plan.

SnH/Yuji hasn't told us what the rules of Xanadu will be, aside from the fact that it will be a world that's made for the tomogara. They also hope that humans and tomogara will be able to coexist there. It might might very well be possible that SnH/Yuji has thought about the balance of the 'greater world' as well. Yuji's very sharp, so he must have realised this. And since he wants flame haze to be unneeded (so Shana doesn't have to fight anymore), he'll have to make sure that the balance won't be in danger, since protecting the balance is the main reason for flame haze to exist. SnH/Yuji might have found a solution for this problem as well. I guess it would be funny if they found the same solution.

At this point I don't really know what to expect though. So many possibilities...I guess we'll find out at midnight.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-02-28 at 12:46.
Old 2012-02-29, 21:57   Link #45
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Honestly I can't wait to hear what Shana's plans are, cause for now I can't help but feel like it better a damn good one. Shana has never been too keen on thinking with her head so I'm rather curious.
Old 2012-03-02, 02:39   Link #46
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I have to give a slightly low grade to this episode, because I didn't get quite what was going with Wilhelmina about Pheles, and what's the gist with the Hippie-Tomogara (driving the Mystery Machine) have to do with Kazumi.

If anyone's kind to explain to me, then feel free to PM, and I'll be rather thankful if you do.

Now, moving on with Rofocale, I did quite got the gist what Headquarters intend for Rofocale and was to convince him to summon his God, the Oracle of the Guiding Light (or was it Guiding God) to help broadcasting Shana's plan everywhere around the world.
However, Rofocale could not help because the conditions were not met to summon the Oracle. Supposedly, everything follows a preset flow but with luck variations can lead to unexpected changes that build up creating ripples, which in turn bear events that could not be foreseen.
The battle at Misaki City for Xanadu's birth is such an example, as Sairei no Hebi's declaration and putting in action those plans had no precedent before.

Shana's plan would be not enough, because it doesn't ring new bells for the Oracle to find interesting at taking notice, however, what Rofocale foresaw inside the Hippie-Tomogaras's Mystery Machine might lead to an unexpected turn of events in favor of the Flame Hazes.
Old 2012-03-03, 22:06   Link #47
Kakkou
Tch.

I like how Rofocalf(?) deemed Shana's plan too insignificant to garner the summoning of the God of Guidance but had such a strong reaction to whatever was in the minivan. Looks like Pheles and Johan have something far more interesting up their sleeve. I'm still hoping Yuji succeeds in the end cause I just can't seem to find myself rooting for the Flame Hazes at all.
Closed Thread