AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-13, 20:38   Link #881
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

....I'm at a lost for words... That summary sounds just like an ero manga plot
Old 2013-02-13, 20:43   Link #882
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Dare I ask what is it ?

And who is 土橋真二郎? I googled his name but don't recognize his previous work...
Old 2013-02-13, 21:12   Link #883
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

It is said if a boy collect tickets with a girl classmate name written on it, that girl will grant the "dream" of the boy....

A dream and hope game novel written by Tobashi Shinjirou.

I'm not sure about the author either, but he debuts on 2007 and has written several short series. He also won Dengeki award. It seems his writing preference is game thriller story akin to Liar game.
Old 2013-02-14, 03:30   Link #884
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Dare I ask what is it ?

And who is 土橋真二郎? I googled his name but don't recognize his previous work...
He writes Rapunzel no Tsubasa
Old 2013-02-22, 18:45   Link #885
Kunagisa

Fabulous and excruciating day for me, two of my current favorite series are on sale today (technically yesterday).

related
(click to enlarge, but the cover sizes are pretty big)

From the spoilers (I can never stop myself), vol4 of already Biblia promised to be extremely amazing in terms of character development, so much that I got way too excited and started listening to Hero for like two hours before I could fall asleep—don't question my (lack of) logic. Excruciating part obviously is that Kino doesn't stock the books in my area until next Wednesday. All my tears etc.

Technically Tour Conductor isn't LN related, BUT the Kadokawa Bunko label is close enough to be a relative, and IS the sister series to Appraiser

annnnnnnnddddddddddddddd Appraiser is getting full comicalized starting RECENTLY (ch2 came out earlier this month; there will also be a LA movie coming!), so that is considered New Release right?!! Appraiser is actually a really good series as well, if you enjoy Biblia you will enjoy this (assuming you haven't read it already and is slow like me). Riko is just as charming as Shioriko. Technically I haven't start on the alpha series yet, but Ayana seem likeable enough going by wiki descriptions. For those that prefer the manga version, the art is gorgeous as well; both extremely highly recommended.

PS: As some of you are awared, the Biblia drama is English subbed (if you're jdrama addicted enough, I'm sure where you know where to find it). While I previously did express the drama isn't bad by any means, the novel is much more superior, so keep that in mind if you do decide to watch it.
PPS: Also, new record for Biblia, Oricon chart next few weeks should be interesting.
Old 2013-02-23, 09:46   Link #886
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

800K books...that's like the average number of Haruhi books sold per volume (and yeah, Haruhi has the most sales per LN volume). Then again, Biblia sells like more than 1 million per volume, and I do this the J-drama has to have some effect.
Old 2013-02-23, 11:10   Link #887
tsunade666

what's the story of biblia? why does it looks so great but I haven't heard much about it?
Old 2013-02-23, 21:34   Link #888
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Fabulous and excruciating day for me, two of my current favorite series are on sale today (technically yesterday).

From the spoilers (I can never stop myself), vol4 of already Biblia promised to be extremely amazing in terms of character development, so much that I got way too excited and started listening to Hero for like two hours before I could fall asleep—don't question my (lack of) logic. Excruciating part obviously is that Kino doesn't stock the books in my area until next Wednesday. All my tears etc.

Technically Tour Conductor isn't LN related, BUT the Kadokawa Bunko label is close enough to be a relative, and IS the sister series to Appraiser

annnnnnnnddddddddddddddd Appraiser is getting full comicalized starting RECENTLY (ch2 came out earlier this month; there will also be a LA movie coming!), so that is considered New Release right?!! Appraiser is actually a really good series as well, if you enjoy Biblia you will enjoy this (assuming you haven't read it already and is slow like me). Riko is just as charming as Shioriko. Technically I haven't start on the alpha series yet, but Ayana seem likeable enough going by wiki descriptions. For those that prefer the manga version, the art is gorgeous as well; both extremely highly recommended.

PS: As some of you are awared, the Biblia drama is English subbed (if you're jdrama addicted enough, I'm sure where you know where to find it). While I previously did express the drama isn't bad by any means, the novel is much more superior, so keep that in mind if you do decide to watch it.
PPS: Also, new record for Biblia, Oricon chart next few weeks should be interesting.
So appraisal is pretty good? Judging from the title, it's a mystery series right? The front art and the title drew my interest a lot when I see it, but I didn't have the fund to buy it back then and didn't have the time to read it right now I guess I'll drop some harem comedy series that I follow to try the title.

As for Biblia, just knowing they will cover Edogawa Ranpo novel this time already excited me to no end. Can't wait for my copy to arrive XD

PS : another 800k sale for biblia *_*. So biblia almost reach 4 million sale with only 4 volume already. A best seller indeed
Old 2013-02-23, 22:05   Link #889
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what's the story of biblia? why does it looks so great but I haven't heard much about it?
Because only the coolest kids get to read it.

The rest of us get hand-me-downs...
Old 2013-02-24, 02:03   Link #890
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Well, you can read the manga to get an idea about it. The story is nothing special TBH, just your usual armchair detective solving some mystery. What's special about it is that unlike your usual mystery book, this one doesn't involve murder, only thievery of old book(which sometime could cost a lot). The best thing about the series is the character IMO(*Shioriko love *_*), and how the author seamlessly integrate the "old book of the week" into the story.
Old 2013-02-24, 02:38   Link #891
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, you can read the manga to get an idea about it. The story is nothing special TBH, just your usual armchair detective solving some mystery. What's special about it is that unlike your usual mystery book, this one doesn't involve murder, only thievery of old book(which sometime could cost a lot). The best thing about the series is the character IMO(*Shioriko love *_*), and how the author seamlessly integrate the "old book of the week" into the story.
To wit, it's like an advanced Bungaku Shoujo, but with much more character development, and considerably less dramatic. I am translating this series, and this will get updated every Tuesday until I finish Unicorn. It's now competing against another series (updated every Monday) for my next main series.

Quote:
Because only the coolest kids get to read it.

The rest of us get hand-me-downs...
If the hand me down you get is an AE86/Turn-A, why not? =P
Old 2013-02-24, 03:12   Link #892
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
the J-drama has to have some effect.
I agree with you, the first 3 volumes started getting ranked on Oricon since the drama started (doesn't stop people from whining like crazy for seeing Gouriki's face on the book jacket ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
PS : another 800k sale for biblia *_*. So biblia almost reach 4 million sale with only 4 volume already. A best seller indeed
In the link, they said the series hit 4.7 million shipments already

Quote:
why does it looks so great but I haven't heard much about it?
Maybe cause it's more for mystery oriented fans, and I'd imagine it's a bigger hit among people who actually really enjoy books.

I personally dislike e-books. I was disappointed when Borders and Barnes and Nobles closed while I was away. My parents used to get all sort of books for me when I was a kid (got completely spoiled that I always buy new books unless there are no alternatives ever since even with financial difficulties; I'd rather eat out less or something). Back then (I hate using this phrase because I'm not that old), bookmarkers and bookwrappers still had a decent market. Internet's amazing and all but I will never forgive the invention of Kindle and the likes for ruining the physical book market.

Biblia brings back all the nostalgia, because e-books will never even come close to matching the worth of any of these books mentioned in the series (ok except for the "Intro to Logic" one ); the story is almost like sweet revenge and TRUE JUSTICE for physical book readers. A story with just old books tend to be extremely mundane, and mystery fans are most afraid of god's perspective and pulling DEM for solving mysteries.

BUT

Mikami can fabricate mysteries that can ONLY be solved if you're a huge bookworm (for the same reason why the Appraiser Q series is great—the mysteries can only be solved with extensive knowledge and a keen eye for extremely fine details). I think I speak for most people that they can probably not solve the mysteries with the amount of evidence and conviction that these heroines can, but you walk away satisfied with the significance or method of (re)solutions (which is key for mystery readers). Maybe this is part of why the book is so charming to all the people who work in bookstores to recommend the series (detail here, though Dora doesn't even post anymore :sadface: ).

So, if you're not a huge book person nor a mystery fan, I still would recommend Biblia. Shioriko's an amazing character (the last arc in volume 1 is very, very good), but I personally believe that read Biblia will make you enjoy reading more in general.

PS: The last best seller I read from Amazon for mystery in English is "Gone Girl" ... I think my reaction was along the line of why isn't Agatha Christie alive still etc.

Also, apparently there's one more volume of Rental Magica (on sale April Fool for all days ...)? I heard the series is crazy good from the people who recommended me Rokka after volume 10 or something when all the foreshadowing came together. Made me want to read the series ...
Old 2013-02-24, 10:17   Link #893
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
To wit, it's like an advanced Bungaku Shoujo, but with much more character development, and considerably less dramatic.
Okay, you have me convinced.
Old 2013-02-24, 11:24   Link #894
tsunade666

So its a mystery book. I love mystery but more on murder mystery but this one is thievery of books?

hmm hmm. I also like bungaku shoujo and if it can be said the same in some aspects then maybe I would like this series too but sadly. Lack of info.

And your translating this ping_bro? I don't know if you love translating or hate it 0_0 thanks anyway.

Only book 1 of rental magica is good so my only source of info for it is the anime and I love the anime. Or maybe its just me loving fantasy with awesome magical system and interesting setting with good plot on it.
Old 2013-03-04, 07:14   Link #895
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
電撃文庫
5/10発売

●新約 とある魔術の禁書目録(7) 【著:鎌池和馬/絵:はいむらきよたか】
●GENESISシリーズ 境界線上のホライゾン VI <上> 【著:川上 稔/絵:さとやす(TENKY)】
●一つの大陸の物語 <下> ~アリソンとヴィルとリリアとトレイズとメグとセロンとその他~ 【著:時雨沢恵一/絵:黒星紅白 】
●僕と彼女のゲーム戦争 5 【著:師走トオル/絵:八宝備仁】
●なれる!SE9 ラクして儲かる?サービス開発 【著:夏海公司/絵:Ixy】
●やがて魔剱のアリスベル III 熾る不死鳥(ダスク・カリエンテ) 【著:赤松中学/絵:閏月戈】
●ご主人様は山猫姫 12 帝都凱旋編 (仮) 【著:鷹見一幸/絵:春日 歩】
●ノロワレ弐 外法箱 【著:甲田学人/絵:三日月かける】
●アリス・リローデッド 2 ヘヴィー・ウェイト 【著:茜屋まつり/絵:蒲焼鰻】
●魔遁のアプリと青炎剣(アウローラ) II 【著:天鴉蒼/絵:ねりま】
●魔王のしもべがあらわれた! IV 【著:上野 遊/絵:一真】
●強くないままニューゲーム Stage1 ―怪獣物語― 【著:入間人間/絵:okiura】
●俺のペット生活がハーレムに見えるだと? 【著:おかゆまさき/絵:上下】
●愛するムスメからの教育的指導 【著:相生生音/絵:hika】
●おんたま! 【著:翡翠ヒスイイラスト:ちり】
●無限のドリフター 世界は天使のもの 【著:樹常楓/絵:崎由けぇき】
●赤村崎葵子さんの分析はデタラメ 【著:十階堂一系/絵:霜月えいと】
Are you shitting me Kamachi ?! Are you actually going to release a book every two months?!
Old 2013-03-04, 08:34   Link #896
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Are you shitting me Kamachi ?! Are you actually going to release a book every two months?!
There goes my money again...
Old 2013-03-04, 09:13   Link #897
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
So its a mystery book. I love mystery but more on murder mystery but this one is thievery of books?

hmm hmm. I also like bungaku shoujo and if it can be said the same in some aspects then maybe I would like this series too but sadly. Lack of info.

And your translating this ping_bro? I don't know if you love translating or hate it 0_0 thanks anyway.

Only book 1 of rental magica is good so my only source of info for it is the anime and I love the anime. Or maybe its just me loving fantasy with awesome magical system and interesting setting with good plot on it.
I'm translating the story here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...o_Jiken_Techou

Not a lot going on as I'm NT-Ding another series.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
There goes my money again...
As I told Kunagisa, I actually prefer reading to TLing. It's just that I don't have the money to cover the book purchase costs...

There's something 'electric', and there's something flat, huh...

And as I told Chaos, Dengeki Bunko should just be separated into the Kamachi department and the 'others' department. Maybe they can include a Kawahara department in there, but Kamachi takes priority given the production.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:35   Link #898
tsunade666

I bet after NT 7 we will hear news for Heavy Object 7.
Old 2013-03-12, 11:38   Link #899
Iron Maw
Banned

4th vol of Biblia seems to have taken a massive drop compared to the previous novels:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL
Light Novels rankings for February 25th - March 3rd

*1, 171,901 *,397,849 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.4
*2, *55,161 *,*58,205 Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Terminal Master Guide
*3, *19,257 1,235,330 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.1
*4, *18,803 *,*40,452 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Universe Vol.2
*5, *17,318 *,*21,054 Boku, Otaryman Vol.6
*6, *16,619 *,*16,619 Shounen Onmyouji Vol.39
*7, *15,774 *,*38,259 Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance vol.10
*8, *15,228 *,*25,333 Shuen no Shiori
*9, *14,409 *,871,324 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.2
10, *13,715 *,749,871 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.3

11, *13,425 *,*13,425 Rurubu Hakuouki
12, *13,018 *,*13,018 Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Vol.11
13, *12,698 *,*12,698 Reisen Vol.6
14, *11,329 *,*11,329 Ao Oni
15, *10,883 *,*10,883 Ryugoroshi no Sugosu Hibi Vol.5
16, *10,579 *,*29,558 Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Vol.12
17, *10,391 *,*35,384 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Vol.12
18, *10,024 *,*10,024 Rikurenkoku Monogatari Vol.4
19, **9,363 *,*41,198 Full Metal Panic! Another Vol.5
20, **8,440 *,*21,248 Tsuki Tsuki! Vol.10

21, **8,359 *,122,324 One Piece Pirate Recipes
22, **7,854 *,**7,854 Haken no Kohi Altina Vol.2
23, **7,401 *,**7,401 Kuro no Hiera Glaphicos Vol.5
24, **6,997 *,**6,997 Kakaioken no Disvairocana
25, **6,936 *,**6,936 Gin no Ryukishidan Vol.8
26, **6,856 *,**6,856 Yurei Hakushaku no Hanayome Vol.7
27, **6,559 *,**6,559 Hanagami Yugiden Vol.4
28, **6,515 *,*29,345 Chrome Shelled Regios Vol.23
29, **6,341 *,**6,341 Toshinosa 15sai.
30, **6,276 *,*26,820 Amagi Brilliant Park Vol.1
Still better than most LNs, but I guess it's impossible for a fairly new IP to maintain such sales without it being expanded to other media (i.e anime, movies etc).

Word of mouth might not have been as strong this time either.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-03-12 at 12:10. Reason: date added
Old 2013-03-12, 13:32   Link #900
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
4th vol of Biblia seems to have taken a massive drop compared to the previous novels:

Still better than most LNs, but I guess it's impossible for a fairly new IP to maintain such sales without it being expanded to other media (i.e anime, movies etc).

Word of mouth might not have been as strong this time either.
What do you mean by massive drop? What are you comparing? Are you sure you are looking at the right numbers?
As far as I can see, it is selling at a comparatively insane number compared to past volumes by week number (and this is the second week stats for v4). And knowing that it was released on 22nd, the first 3 days was insane (397,849 - 171,901 = 225,948). Volume 1 has been around for almost 2 years, and volume 4 is already at a nearly a third of the cumulative sales of volume 1 in just 10 days.
Closed Thread

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases