Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-21, 10:57   Link #1
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Zankyou no Terror (Terror in Tokyo)

"Aim at this world and pull the trigger."

Shinichiro Watanabe and Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop, Kids on the Slope) are back, baby. Character designs by Kazuto Nakazawa (Samurai Champloo among others).
Quote:
Originally Posted by website blurb
One summer day—without warning, Tokyo was hit by terrorist bombings on a massive scale.

The perpetrators responsible for waking this peaceful country from its slumber were just a pair of young boys—

Calling themselves "Sphinx," the perpetrators envelop all of Japan in their grand game—which begins now.
Official website. Trailer. Airs on noitaminA starting in July.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 10:00   Link #2
Dop
Mmmm....

Funimation streaming in the US.

Wakanim streaming in the UK. If anyone remembers them given they've had nothing this season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 12:24   Link #3
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

New PV

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 21:45   Link #4
Utsuro no Hako

The official site has a preview of the OST available. I'm really digging the epic hard rock vibe of "lolol". It really makes me want to break out the Cowboy Bebop movie soundtracks.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 14:27   Link #5
LKK

According to Funimation's simulcast page, the official English name will be Terror in Resonance. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 15:25   Link #6
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Resonance of Terror
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 12:39   Link #7
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 13:08   Link #8
Horse

Better than I expected from the released soundtrack - the episode had an almost completely different one, lol.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 13:14   Link #9
Xeiros

Fantastic start! No complaints here. I'm itching for more next week.
Old 2014-07-10, 13:15   Link #10
ookamigirl

Episode start was intriguing.
Seemingly ordinary high school students that aren't ordinary at all.
A double life? A secret mission?
There is a lot more to those two than meets the eye.
Very interesting.
Want to see where this leads.
Will give it a try.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 13:24   Link #11
bakaouji

Well, I'm sold.

The first and best thing I liked about the show was how every character acted like a real human being. The way they walk and talk-- it's all rendered in painstaking realistic detail-- there was a certain physicality to it that felt tangible, which made the threat all the more real and horrifying; add to that the fact that a poor bullied girl is forced to conspire with the 'numbers' in exchange for her life and you've got an experience that's immersive and impelling. The animation truly is top notch.

The 'brothers' seem to call each other by numbers that I'm assuming were assigned to them in that facility they escaped from. It seems like these two are wreaking havoc in their quest to have vengeance against the city that ignored their pleas. It's either that or maybe it's some kind of wake up call that's meant for the city folk.

The music is pretty snazzy, too. I just loved the opening number that worked all too well in conjunction with the dynamic action that involved the two numbers making their escape in a snowmobile after they stole some sorta secret tech from an unknown facility. (I can only guess that it's a bomb.)

Seems like Watanabe's back with a bang.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 13:31   Link #12
Xeiros

Best part: http://webmup.com/bUTQs/

If you didn't think "God dammit not this shit again. Please have mercy! I guess it can't be anime without at least one token transfer student scene." you've not watched enough anime.
Old 2014-07-10, 13:33   Link #13
Mr Nr

An excellent first episode and easily the best of the lot (so far but I wouldn't bet anything beating this one but you never know). Excellent animation from MAPPA known for Kids on the Slope (also directed by Watanabe) and Teekyuu of all things. Superb directing from Watanabe himself and especially like some of the choices he did like the running the stairs the small things that make it really impactful. Music by Yoko was as always excellent and really escalates the tension sort of like Hans Zimmer in a sense. I also really liked Soma Saito (Tatsumi in Akame ga Kill) as Twelve and Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu in Nagi no Asukara) as Nine and both have great chemistry together. Also Atsumi Tanezaki who has only done supporting roles in various animes these past two years so fairly new seiyuu is fantastic as Lisa and can clearly see her getting major roles later on (she's already gotten another too). The writing was also excellent only thing is Shoten Yano the one credited as screenplay is either an unknown writer or a pen name because I couldn't find the person online . Might be a collaboration between various people which would make sense. I'm really liking the terrorism aspect and the anti-heroes too. Lisa is now an accomplice so that should prove interesting whether she rejects it or not. Given this is going to be 11 episodes I can clearly see this is going to be a focus anime. Very excited to see where this goes.
Mr Nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 13:54   Link #14
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Excellent first episode which might be the best first episode this season. Animation and music were just glorious. The characters felt great and the story pulled me in even though i had no idea what was going on and why mostly.
Old 2014-07-10, 14:20   Link #15
Blaat

I kept thinking Kana Hanazawa was voicing Lisa, only to find out during the credits that it was Atsumi Tanezaki she was fantastic as Natsume in Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, I'm glad she got a major role now.

I really enjoyed the first episode, hopefully they didn't blow up their entire budget animating the first episode particularly the exploding building and stealing the nuclear material looked great. I also got massive The Dark Knight vibes, due to mostly the Hans Zimmer like soundtrack (as noted earlier in the thread) I suppose the actions of the main characters can be called Jokeresque and the shogi playing detective is Gordon, so we only need Batman now... okay I'll stop now.
Old 2014-07-10, 14:27   Link #16
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Toji creeps the hell out of me. He seems so happy-go-lucky, but there's something really off about him. I think he's by far, the most dangerous of the two.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 14:40   Link #17
Utsuro no Hako

I know most people are going to focus on the similarities to 11 September, but what caught my attention are the parallels to Columbine. The co-dependent relationship between Nine and Twelve, with one being manic and the other depressive, and both justifying their actions as revenge for mistreatment, seems to come straight out of Dave Cullen's analysis of Harris and Klebold. The terror attack resembles Harris and Klebold's original plan for Columbine, which wasn't intended as a school shooting at all. Instead they placed propane bombs against the main support pillars at their school with the intention of collapsing the building and killing everyone inside, and only then shooting any survivors. If they hadn't screwed up the detonators, it would've been the largest mass murder in American history prior to 11 September.

If next we see Nine and Twelve blow up the emergency rescue vehicles that show up, which was supposed to be the final stage in Harris and Klebold's plan, we'll know that's what Watanabe's going for.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 16:20   Link #18
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I know most people are going to focus on the similarities to 11 September, but what caught my attention are the parallels to Columbine. The co-dependent relationship between Nine and Twelve, with one being manic and the other depressive, and both justifying their actions as revenge for mistreatment, seems to come straight out of Dave Cullen's analysis of Harris and Klebold. The terror attack resembles Harris and Klebold's original plan for Columbine, which wasn't intended as a school shooting at all. Instead they placed propane bombs against the main support pillars at their school with the intention of collapsing the building and killing everyone inside, and only then shooting any survivors. If they hadn't screwed up the detonators, it would've been the largest mass murder in American history prior to 11 September.

If next we see Nine and Twelve blow up the emergency rescue vehicles that show up, which was supposed to be the final stage in Harris and Klebold's plan, we'll know that's what Watanabe's going for.
But then there's the fact that 9/11 -> they're called 9 and 12. So yeah. I think it's probably a mix of both things. The whole bombing thing also made me think of the many conspiracy theories about 9/11 being an inside job caused by using thermite etc. That's the first thing that I thought seeing their modus operandi. But I didn't remember this much about Columbine.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 16:35   Link #19
Irenesharda

The one word I could think of after finishing this, was....Riveting. This series had me so enthralled from beginning to end. I was amazed at the animation, the writing, the music, the characters (well, Lisa needs some work ), it was all really good.

When I first heard of this show, I just couldn't see how it was going to work. Telling the story of, and essentially glorifying the exploits of a couple of terrorists, especially ones that are working on the scale of 9/11 is extremely hard and I didn't see how you could do it. You had to somehow make the audience connect with these main characters, and it's pretty hard to connect to someone who would kill innocents in such a way just to get their point across.

However, somehow, this show managed to do that. To see the background of Nine and Twelve and to see what they can do, you get the idea that they are the product of some sort of government covered-up project that involved experimentation on children. This, and the fact that you can see both do have a sense of morals to them, gives the characters the depth and sympathy they need for the audience to connect. Both 9 and 12 are extremely smart, almost to a superhuman degree. Nine's ability to see every corridor of the building in his mind, and Twelve's way of remembering the name of every single person he meets. You just want to know what happened to these kids and what kind of cover-up are they trying to unveil to the world with their attacks?

I like the detective already too. He reminds me of the detective in V for Vendetta. As for their new accomplice, Lisa, there's really not much to her. A bullied girl who seems to have a weird mom that texts her every second. She keeps throwing up and I constantly wonder if she's either bulimic or pregnant. However, it will be interesting to see how she contributes to the plot.

This series looks like it's going to have multiple layers and mysteries and I can't wait to see where it will go from here.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 17:04   Link #20
HandofFate

Does Japan even know what Columbine is?
Seems like it just be "another school shooting in america, everyone has guns" news story that just pops up on their international news review.

But anyway, got mostly 9/11 vibes from the way the tower collasped. Wonder what the chances are that this will be licensed for dvd distribution since 9/11 is still taboo to the point that they erase all existence of the towers from movies set before it, or never air any episodes having to do with it.

For the episode itself, it was alrite.
Some people I know were hyping on it, so I'm slightly curious why these two are all terroristy.
Glassses guy needs to mellow out.

Tags
noitamina, psychological, terrorism