AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-19, 17:56   Link #1
vio5555

Gravion Zwei

Any thoughts on the new season of Gravion (which has not been subbed yet ), I'm hoping that this will be like Vandread and the second part will be more serious and that Eiji will get to see his sister.

My sadness cause it hasn't been subbed yet...

Last edited by xris; 2004-01-20 at 06:02. Reason: Yes, yes, very sad... removed those multiple smilies :)
Old 2004-01-19, 19:08   Link #2
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555
Any thoughts on the new season of Gravion (which has not been subbed yet ), I'm hoping that this will be like Vandread and the second part will be more serious and that Eiji will get to see his sister.

My sadness cause it hasn't been subbed yet...
From the screenshots I've seen it does look a lot like Vandread: sci-fi harem-type anime.

Last edited by xris; 2004-01-20 at 06:03.
Old 2004-01-19, 20:28   Link #3
Go-lytely

From what I've seen, it looks better than the first season.
Old 2004-01-19, 23:12   Link #4
vio5555

Gravion Zwei

Yay, AJ just released Gravion Zwei ep 1, I'm dling it now; I've been looking forward to this, since the rest of the season seems slow. So post spoilers here and hopefully this new 12 episode season will answer all of the question posed in the first season; I'm especially looking forward to whatever will happen with Eiji's search for his sister.

(edit the show is 12 eps long) (thx melchiorus)

Last edited by vio5555; 2004-01-20 at 17:21.
Old 2004-01-19, 23:14   Link #5
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
From what I've seen, it looks better than the first season.
AJ released the first ep so I started a thread in the fansub discussion area, so this thread isnt needed anymore. So it can be closed.

Last edited by xris; 2004-01-20 at 06:04. Reason: Thread merged together
Old 2004-01-19, 23:56   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There is another thread for this show. Follow-ups to: Gravion Zwei.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-20, 04:08   Link #7
mitsurugi_ryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555
AJ released the first ep so I started a thread in the fansub discussion area, so this thread isnt needed anymore. So it can be closed.
That thread is close. By the way, does Zwei mean anything in any language.
This is the second time I heard it mention in anime. First time
was in Infinite Ryvius.
Old 2004-01-20, 04:24   Link #8
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsurugi_ryu
That thread is close. By the way, does Zwei mean anything in any language.
This is the second time I heard it mention in anime. First time
was in Infinite Ryvius.
It means 'two' (2) in German.
Old 2004-01-20, 05:16   Link #9
Eiji

Send a message via AIM to Eiji Send a message via Yahoo to Eiji
Gravion Zwei

The Best damn anime I ever saw. It's funny but with action and I hope you people like what gonzo and the crew/AJ=Animejunkies have done for us. You have to download it.
Old 2004-01-20, 05:22   Link #10
darkwave
Manual Mode

Im D/L it right now. Is it really that good? What is it about?

I saw the characters design, it looks pretty good.
Old 2004-01-20, 06:05   Link #11
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Merged the three Gravion Zwei threads together.
Old 2004-01-20, 06:16   Link #12
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiji
The Best damn anime I ever saw. It's funny but with action and I hope you people like what gonzo and the crew/AJ=Animejunkies have done for us. You have to download it.
OMG! The first ep is pretty good! This one will go on my FAV list. But its kind of cheesy though. The mecha transformation/attacks are a bit too much IMO. It made me remember the POWER RANGERS a little.

Last edited by darkwave; 2004-01-20 at 07:00.
Old 2004-01-20, 07:54   Link #13
Eiji

Send a message via AIM to Eiji Send a message via Yahoo to Eiji
I don't think as it was the stupid Power Rangers. Nothing like it. If you watch the frist season Gravion you will understand how it started. This is the second season Gravion Zwei. This will be a better season with two Gravion fighters. Trust me people it will make you Laugh , It's has some sexual content, and it some great battling.

Thank you

Keithfe n Annyia

Last edited by xris; 2004-01-20 at 08:16. Reason: Annoying font, size and colour removed!!!
Old 2004-01-20, 08:29   Link #14
brightman
Ancient Member

Yup, IMO the first season was great... And the cheese is intended... This show is more or less a homage to the super combination robots from the 70's and 80's where the people cry out the attacks and have funky transformation scenes... But the cool thing is that this show explains why they do that... Anyway, because of that it actually makes me a bit nostalgic. The comedy and girls are a plus.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-01-20 at 08:59.
Old 2004-01-20, 09:03   Link #15
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
How can Someone take credit for my post I have started then cancel it then start it back up. I don't like this forums one bit. it's screw up.
They can do whatever they want. Nobody is special in this forum. Except me.

They always do this with any threads that are basically identical, so its been merged.
Old 2004-01-20, 09:34   Link #16
ZeroKun

so far im still liking godannar as the new ecchi mecha show. Ill have to see if zwei turns out better than the last season.
Old 2004-01-20, 10:02   Link #17
vio5555

Quote:
rant (edited out)
First of all, Eiji I started two of the threads that were merged, the thread you started is still there under this title: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...hlight=Gravion . I asked the mods to close the thread I started in General Anime when I was lamenting the fact that the show hadnt been subbed yet, because when AJ's first sub came out I made a thread for the show in the Fansub section and asked the mods to close my other thread in the General Anime section since the show had become a fansubbed title. No one is trying to take credit for your thoughts, which were rather incoherent anyway, I was simply trying to start a discussion for the first episode in the Fansub section, because I've been lookin forward to this show for around a year now. Besides, we only need one thread to discuss an anime.

Last edited by vio5555; 2004-01-20 at 14:51.
Old 2004-01-20, 13:49   Link #18
Tellu54
Banned

So how much of a demand is there for non-AJ subs of Gravion Zwei? I've got time to do it or Jubei-chan 2, and I'm not sure which I want.

Thanks,
Tellu54
Old 2004-01-20, 14:50   Link #19
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
So how much of a demand is there for non-AJ subs of Gravion Zwei? I've got time to do it or Jubei-chan 2, and I'm not sure which I want.

Thanks,
Tellu54
Are you going to sub it alone, or with a group? I'd have to say its your call whatever you want to do, it would be nice to have two versions to compare, but you should sub whichever series you want to.

After watching the first episode, I have to say that it seems like we're finally going to get to see whats going on behind Zerabaia (like the weird guy in the last scene), and now the EFA has its own weapons commanded by that girl who knew Touga. I'm definitely hoping that the fights are as good as they were in the first series. Any thoughts?

After the first few eps of season 1, the whole Gravion combining sequence really grew on me, and this season is going to be awesome, especially after the awesome battle to start off the season.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-20, 14:59   Link #20
Tellu54
Banned

This one looks to have a BUDGET, and to fix all the problems of the first series (And there were MANY, no matter how much we like the show).
I expect the fights to be better, the plot to be better, and the mysteries behind Gravion and Zerabaiah all to be revealed.

Which is why I don't trust AJ with this thing.

Oh, and I'll be subbing it with a group, a super-subber I am not. I have one lined up, in fact.
Closed Thread