AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-12, 01:11   Link #4881
Zeydra
A random passerby

Latest episode of Remaster is out.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nothing new, another case of just refining the episode. They did add Rau's eyes from Destiny though.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 01:40   Link #4882
monster

It looks better in Star Wars because the light sabers look more solid, but I still like seeing beam shots blocked/deflected with beam sabers. Anyway, 5 episodes left.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 01:17   Link #4883
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

You know what always had me thinkingg in Gundam SEED? The yellow colored beam sabers. Only two were ever weilded, the four on the Aegis Gundam, and the one on the Strike Dagger.

Every single other MS in both SEED and Destiny has the traditional colored pink beam saber/cutter. So...what does that mean? Are yellow colored sabers more expensive to make? Does the yellow beam signify that the beam is more powerful? etc

What do you guys think?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:57   Link #4884
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

So, ive been catching up on the remaster episodes and .. they didnt even get rid of the stock footage but replaced it with new stock footage they keep using, what the hell was the point of that?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 03:13   Link #4885
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
So, ive been catching up on the remaster episodes and .. they didnt even get rid of the stock footage but replaced it with new stock footage they keep using, what the hell was the point of that?
I'm surprised anyone would ask that this late in the series.
Old 2012-10-14, 03:20   Link #4886
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I'm surprised anyone would ask that this late in the series.
i did a marathon on the remaster episodes from 1-38 yesterday, i didnt really notice it until the Freedom made its return and started doing its (new) stock footage shooting. Well, i can say i am dissapointed for sure, that was the biggest problem i had with SEED, well, atleast its new and not old stock footage.

thats a step up, or is it?
Old 2012-10-14, 03:39   Link #4887
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
i did a marathon on the remaster episodes from 1-38 yesterday, i didnt really notice it until the Freedom made its return and started doing its (new) stock footage shooting. Well, i can say i am dissapointed for sure, that was the biggest problem i had with SEED, well, atleast its new and not old stock footage.

As much as I hate it, I have to admit that it's indeed a step up. At least now the stock-footage are done a bit better and in HD .
Old 2012-10-14, 03:47   Link #4888
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

i dunno, its like trying to repair a dam and instead leaving it in the same condition with some fresh paint, lol. but i guess your right, it does look better atleast ^^
Old 2012-10-14, 04:20   Link #4889
monster

Quote:

Wow, when you said catching up, I didn't think you meant from the first episode.

Then again:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Overall this remaster thing is doing well imo, adding a few new scenes here and there, but the biggest thing for me is to see if they got rid of all the stock footage. can't wait to see if they decide to do that.
Definitely not all, since they've already used stock footage in the first two episodes. And if they're really just doing minor modifications, and possibly with a low budget, then I don't expect a lot of changes in that department.
whast stock footage did they use in the first 2 episodes?
The way Moebius Zero attacks.
For better or for worse, removing stock footage has always seemed so unlikely to me. Oh well, they've gone beyond my own expectation of a remaster when they actually put Perfect Strike into the story.
Old 2012-10-14, 06:12   Link #4890
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Wow, when you said catching up, I didn't think you meant from the first episode.

Then again: For better or for worse, removing stock footage has always seemed so unlikely to me. Oh well, they've gone beyond my own expectation of a remaster when they actually put Perfect Strike into the story.
i think i saw the episode with strike vs aegis aswell (and the one with kira vs andrew) but i've never seen all the remaster episodes up until last night/today, so yeah. i needed to catch up

The perfect strike was lovely. really surprised there to be honest, i hope they use it again later in the show.

it does bother me that they actually reanimated the stock footage instead of well, using several scenes .. damnit, you know what im talking about here. lol
Old 2012-10-14, 14:40   Link #4891
Meltyred

It's better then the mess they did on the Zeta movies, that's for sure.
At least you can't really tell that both are made in different times from just watching it.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 15:28   Link #4892
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

actually, its pretty obvious when his face keeps going from HDHIRAI to QUALITYhirai in a matter of seconds. the Zeta movies are fine. the newly animated things there don't really repeat as much
Old 2012-10-14, 15:32   Link #4893
monster

Quote:
the Zeta movies are fine. the newly animated things there don't really repeat as much
The Zeta movies are exactly that: 3 movies. They can't afford to repeat as much as a 48-episode TV series.
Old 2012-10-14, 15:40   Link #4894
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
The Zeta movies are exactly that: 3 movies. They can't afford to repeat as much as a 48-episode TV series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwslLBfFvJM

Old 2012-10-14, 16:10   Link #4895
monster

LOL, I have my speaker turned off. I didn't know it actually had a name
Old 2012-10-14, 16:39   Link #4896
I Fail at Life

Here's my take on it. As long as there are decent gaps from the last time said move was used it's fine. For Example: If i were to Reflect/Deflect a beam shot with my beam saber in ep "23" then perform that same move in ep "47", it looks okay. Because It's been 20+ episodes since i performed that maneuver, so it would be hard to have that come off as stock footage. Different Time. Different Place. Different Circumstances.

In this episode Freedom deflected beam shots with it's beam saber. The next time that move is performed is in ep "32" of Destiny, which would be a very huge gap from when it was last executed. Different Time. Different Place. Different Circumstances.

Bascially the less they use it and the more they spread it out, the better it looks and the less it comes off as stock footage. I guess i aint that mad though....... *shrugs*
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 15:55   Link #4897
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Here's my take on it. As long as there are decent gaps from the last time said move was used it's fine. For Example: If i were to Reflect/Deflect a beam shot with my beam saber in ep "23" then perform that same move in ep "47", it looks okay. Because It's been 20+ episodes since i performed that maneuver, so it would be hard to have that come off as stock footage. Different Time. Different Place. Different Circumstances.

In this episode Freedom deflected beam shots with it's beam saber. The next time that move is performed is in ep "32" of Destiny, which would be a very huge gap from when it was last executed. Different Time. Different Place. Different Circumstances.
Oh yeah, fully agreed there - pretty much every show out there uses stock footage at some times, its about how often you do use it.
Quote:
Bascially the less they use it and the more they spread it out, the better it looks and the less it comes off as stock footage. I guess i aint that mad though....... *shrugs*
Mad? YES! no, not really. Its just that its pretty sad that the final episodes contain more stock footage than actual new animation.
Old 2012-10-16, 20:06   Link #4898
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy
Mad? YES! no, not really. Its just that its pretty sad that the final episodes contain more stock footage than actual new animation.
And this is why im in fear of the Final Episodes. And Destiny? Mannnn they may as well just quit. .....

Know What? I Quit! *proceeds to fall down the stairs*
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 20:53   Link #4899
bio9205
Reborn

For some scenes, like the Buster combining its rifles, can only be done in so many ways, and it's just inefficient to make multiple versions of the same move. I agree with the above, as long as there's sufficient time in between the stock footage reuse, I'm fine. There was one episode in AGE where the Khronos/Zeydra used its chest cannon to take out 3 Shaldolls using the same animation twice in a single episode, that really bugged me.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 21:46   Link #4900
Dangmashang
Wanderer

Well they've always loved to repeat animations to save some time as to making the anime, another good example would be when Kira in his Strike freedom fired all his lasers at the forces of PLANT and the Earth federation (shouting... "get out of here the whole place is going to explode!"(rough thought)... as he continues to kill both conflicting parties... lol) around two to three times, and his lock-on ability was used several times in conjunction with it.
Dangmashang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep