AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-05, 13:02   Link #261
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Bleach....

It's not really that I hate it...but I can't get into it...I've tired..I've seen the first episode and tried to watch the second and found myself doing something else about 5 minutes later
Old 2008-02-05, 14:28   Link #262
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
School Days. It's not that everyone likes it, but there's a huge fanbase for it and I don't know why.
Old 2008-02-05, 15:59   Link #263
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ I knew someone was going to say that ^^

I love it for the realism really and the fact that we don't get enough BAD ends which makes it stand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Right now I really have come to dislike The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...don't ask me why, I just can't stand that crazy-"I am god and behave like an asshole"-girl any more, as well es "Mr. Haruhi's Slave-dog" Kyon, "Mr. Grinning Perfect" Koizumi, "Mrs. Another emotionless computer girl, how imaginative" Yuki and "Mrs. Fanservice Crybaby Victim" Mikuru. Sorry fans...
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
you could raise hell by quoting this in the haruhi thread.

but yeah, that anime is seriously overhyped. haruhism? give me a break.
And others.

Glad I'm not the only one!!!

Haruhi being praised to the heavens is a major turn off even for a series I enjoyed watching - but for me it was nothing revolutionary.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-02-05 at 17:32.
Old 2008-02-05, 16:06   Link #264
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I will agree with that. Rampant fanboyism can ruin an otherwise good series. I probably would have enjoyed
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya more if it wasn't for "Haruhism". That said, the series is far from my hate list, but far from my love list as well.

Oh and my pick for this thread. Ef~ A Tale of Memories. All season long all I heard was Ef this and Ef that (lol), but I couldn't make it farther than 7 episodes. It's an average anime with an extremely nice coat of paint.
Old 2008-02-05, 16:49   Link #265
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Seems to be Naruto, InuYasha, and as of lately, Bleach. I also can't get into Sayonara Zetsubou sensei.... Also Kiddy Grade..and...mmm.......Grave of the Fireflies.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2008-02-05, 16:58   Link #266
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Wow this is an easy one. Naruto and Bleach.
Old 2008-02-05, 18:57   Link #267
Lintendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Oh and my pick for this thread. Ef~ A Tale of Memories. All season long all I heard was Ef this and Ef that (lol), but I couldn't make it farther than 7 episodes. It's an average anime with an extremely nice coat of paint.
My pick as well. I've heard a lot of praise for this anime, and expected to see something fantastic. Instead, I found myself bored to tears. I don't particularly hate it, but it's mediocre, at best.
Old 2008-02-05, 19:14   Link #268
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Seems to be Naruto, InuYasha, and as of lately, Bleach. I also can't get into Sayonara Zetsubou sensei.... Also Kiddy Grade..and...mmm.......Grave of the Fireflies.
Damn how did I forget Inuyasha, probably the worst anime that I seen in my life. You know after reading this thread I am not sure Naruto and Bleach fits here as lot of people hates those shows .
Old 2008-02-05, 19:37   Link #269
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I forgot to add Saint Seiya, the worst anime that I've ever watched.
Old 2008-02-05, 19:38   Link #270
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I will agree with that. Rampant fanboyism can ruin an otherwise good series. I probably would have enjoyed
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya more if it wasn't for "Haruhism". That said, the series is far from my hate list, but far from my love list as well.

HA! you probably never got to watch the last 4 episodes of the series which was the best among them, but i wont argue with that

oh yes there are so many many more series besides haruhi:

1. Naruto *cringes*
2. Bleach ( well the first 60 episodes were frkin great until the bount arc which was disastrous)
3.Full metal Alchemist (never really appealed to me)
4. Clannad ( well, kanon was phenomenal but i dont sense any of those "masterpiece characteristics" here in clannad. but hey, its not finished yet so there is still hope)
Old 2008-02-05, 19:52   Link #271
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

The problem with poor InuYasha was that it was really good for the first season, but then things got more ridiculous, character development came to a grinding halt, and the plot in general was sitting out back in a wheelbarrow smoking pot. And not only was it smoking pot, but it was doing it over and over and over and over again.... x_x
Old 2008-02-05, 21:05   Link #272
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
The problem with poor InuYasha was that it was really good for the first season, but then things got more ridiculous, character development came to a grinding halt, and the plot in general was sitting out back in a wheelbarrow smoking pot. And not only was it smoking pot, but it was doing it over and over and over and over again.... x_x
You know, that's interesting, I thought the best episodes in the series were 100-124. It was one big continuous arc with all the various characters coming together and a well-developed group of villains. In contrast, the rest of the series is composed of short 2-3 episode arcs and fillers with the same things happening over and over and some dumb humor.
Old 2008-02-05, 21:11   Link #273
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
You know, that's interesting, I thought the best episodes in the series were 100-124. It was one big continuous arc with all the various characters coming together and a well-developed group of villains. In contrast, the rest of the series is composed of short 2-3 episode arcs and fillers with the same things happening over and over and some dumb humor.
Well, there are exceptions, but I was just giving my general impression of the story that dragged its feet for well over 80+ episodes. I mean really. They must have searched every square inch of ancient japan by the end of the series. Sheesh.
Old 2008-02-05, 21:17   Link #274
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Well, there are exceptions, but I was just giving my general impression of the story that dragged its feet for well over 80+ episodes. I mean really. They must have searched every square inch of ancient japan by the end of the series. Sheesh.
I understand! I just thought it's weird to have the best episodes so late in the show and yet, considerably before the end. Of course, this is purely subjective, but from an objective perspective this was the longest arc in the show and it featured all the major characters in the show and a set of recurring villains (in a show where the average life expectancy of a villain is 3 episodes).

By the way, I continued reading the manga for a while after the anime ended and nothing changed - same old repetitive format.
Old 2008-02-05, 21:50   Link #275
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
The main problem with InuYasha is that Takahashi has kept Naraku alive, and as the main antagonist, for far too long.

Naraku himself holds back much of the InuYasha cast from developing their characters forward, because they remain obsessed over him and the Shiqon (Sp?) Jewel shards collection mission.

If Naraku was to be defeated, you could have some nice character development arising from that - with InuYasha having to choose what to do with a whole Shiqon Jewel, with some romantic conflicts perhaps coming more sharply into focus and resolving themselves, and lots of opportunity for character development in general simply arising from how the defeat of Naraku would force the protagonists to re-focus their entire lives.
Old 2008-02-05, 23:35   Link #276
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Gosyusho-sama Ninomiya-kun Really I loved it at the start...
but After Ep 4..I Don't Know What Happened ..I Hate it the Show More Than Ever..

Old 2008-02-06, 00:07   Link #277
Naja_Raja

So many people have said Naruto and Bleach it seems that it is almost inappropriate to name them in this thread. But I concur. Naruto and Bleach. And Akira.
Old 2008-02-06, 00:20   Link #278
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ I knew someone was going to say that ^^

I love it for the realism really and the fact that we don't get enough BAD ends which makes it stand out.
Well I had to post on this thread because I was basically campaigning on the AnimeSuki 2007 Award Winners about how School Days shouldn't win the "Worst Anime" category and how Makoto shouldn't win the "Worst Character" category. Now, I just want this to reference to in case people call me a School Days lover. My argument is that I do get another bad endings (I like watching depressing anime) and this one is a joke compared to the bad endings anime I've watched.

About Suzumiya I wouldn't let what others think persuade me to do anything. I personally rated Suzumiya a 10/10 (and I very rarely give this rating) but I couldn't care less if people call her God or some sort. I just think it's a masterpiece, but it's over, I set it aside, time for new anime. I just avoid going to Suzumiya forums if I don't want to talk about it some more.

I don't agree with people who said InuYasha was supposed to end at 25 episodes, but at around episode 100 I think they should stop. There's a reason for the somewhat stupid ending: the manga didn't end yet and is still on-going as we discuss this. They had to end it somehow, so I don't blame them. I really think it should've stuck to 70-100 episodes though.
Old 2008-02-06, 00:59   Link #279
Oppius
Banned

In my opinions, School Days is not the "Worst anime of 2007" but "Worst anime everybody watched of 2007". Not basically the worst show but anime that have low rating but lots of people watching it much like Gamespot's "Worst game everyone played" dubious award. People only watching it just for its last episode, not on everything else on that show.
Old 2008-02-06, 01:46   Link #280
Rahan

Among the really popular animes ("animes everyone seems to like"), I hate the Key / Kyoani collaborations (Air and Kanon, I didn't bother to watch more than 1 episode of Clannad so I won't rate it) as well as stupid harem thingies like Love Hina or Shuffle. But it's more the genre than the animes themselves that bother me I think.

Ah, Death Note too. The "I'm l33ter than you" attitude of the cast got on my nerves real quickly.
Closed Thread