Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-08-16, 17:30   Link #1561
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Well I'm wondering about the exact wording of that.
Spoiler for The above post:
Spoiler for Eva 3.0 stuff:
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 20:21   Link #1562
patnam

so EVA 3.0 will be a total different story from the TV version?!
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 22:34   Link #1563
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Spoiler for Eva 3.0 stuff:
Spoiler for 3.0 conjecture:

I for one am glad that Rebuild is going off with a different story. Part of the fun for me when watching the original Eva was coming up with theories. Of course due to the nature of things, it was very hard in the end to tell if some of them were right. Hell they never explained where Adam and Lilith came from! It was in one of the games, and I didn't find out until earlier this year. Of course I'm also hoping that their's a happier ending this time. I can't know if it will happen, but hope is a part of the human condition. Of course it's worth noting that Anno is in a much different place in his life right now. When he did the TV show he was suffering from a deep depression, and later bieng treated for it. Finally from what I've heard it isn't clear if 4.0 is going to be a whole movie or just a half hour wrapup released with 3.0.
Old 2009-08-16, 23:36   Link #1564
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Spoiler for 3.0 conjecture:

I for one am glad that Rebuild is going off with a different story. Part of the fun for me when watching the original Eva was coming up with theories. Of course due to the nature of things, it was very hard in the end to tell if some of them were right. Hell they never explained where Adam and Lilith came from! It was in one of the games, and I didn't find out until earlier this year. Of course I'm also hoping that their's a happier ending this time. I can't know if it will happen, but hope is a part of the human condition. Of course it's worth noting that Anno is in a much different place in his life right now. When he did the TV show he was suffering from a deep depression, and later bieng treated for it. Finally from what I've heard it isn't clear if 4.0 is going to be a whole movie or just a half hour wrapup released with 3.0.
Well, when they announced the new movies, they said that they would be coming out more-or-less every six months (1.0 was slated for June 2007, but actually came out in September; 2.0 was for December 2007, but of course came out June, 2009...etc.), and 1.0 and 2.0 were each supposed to be 90 minutes long (both ended up being somewhat longer), and 3.0 and FINAL were each supposed to be 45 minutes long, and would be shown together.

I assume that's still the plan...but really, who knows at this point?

As for the nitty-gritty...
Spoiler for nitty-gritty ahead:
Old 2009-08-17, 08:11   Link #1565
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Well if they do go for the Mindfuck, they'll have to do it very differently than the original. A mindfuck really doesn't work so well if you know it's coming and know what to expect. At the very least any imagery would have to be radically different. And considering that we have yet to get any of the true mindfuck episodes from Eva and it seems all the angels that did so have been removed, and that Anno is long done with his therapy, I really don't know. I do know that they probably won't have all the Eva's merge together into one unbeleavably huge Eva called the Neon Genesis Evangelion to fight the living embodiment of Third Impact.

I do hope that something horrible happens to Seele though.
Old 2009-08-17, 09:14   Link #1566
patnam

Until today, I still don't get it who is the true main antagonist of this series (although everyone say the Angels but I think is not as they only one main purpose is to get near Lilith and merge it to get Third Impact)...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 18:36   Link #1567
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Until today, I still don't get it who is the true main antagonist of this series (although everyone say the Angels but I think is not as they only one main purpose is to get near Lilith and merge it to get Third Impact)...
the way i understand it is that the objective of the angels is to claim their place as dominant species, thereas, bad news for humanity ;P
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 22:07   Link #1568
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
the way i understand it is that the objective of the angels is to claim their place as dominant species, thereas, bad news for humanity ;P
I thought that both species couldn't coexist in the same galaxy so it has to be one or the other. And that it was an unfortunate fluke that both landed in the same galaxy.
Old 2009-08-17, 22:14   Link #1569
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Spoiler for Lots of stuff about what wasn't covered in the actual show.:

Last edited by Negativedark; 2009-08-17 at 22:54. Reason: Decided to add spoiler tags
Negativedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 09:14   Link #1570
TheHood
Histrionic Maniac

Just got my Rebuild of Eva 1.11 and i'm dying to see the 2nd part. I tried dl-ing it.. but all i got was the cam version with no subtitles. do u know where i can find a subbed one?
TheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 12:16   Link #1571
bran
h e a d s h o t

Why doesn't this anime have it's own section. It's not like there nothing to write about it. O_O

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 14:41   Link #1572
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Possibly because of the massive amounts of Fan Dumb Eva generates. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanDumb or just look for fan dumb on here. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...esisEvangelion
It was bad enough so that for several years I wouln't look at anything other that Wikipedia for Eva online. Thank god we haven't had that happen to this thread. Yet.
Old 2009-08-20, 08:56   Link #1573
TheHood
Histrionic Maniac

Hmmm... to be honest, fan dumb statements make me laugh... especially the hate mongers! ^^

Anyway and so far, the REbuild series doesnt have any mindfucks. MisterNegative may be right about Anno... mebbe he aint crazy enough to make another one. But hey, there's still 2 movies to go and i just remembered that the NGE series started as "happy."
TheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 10:51   Link #1574
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Actually Anno considered the first episode of Eva a faliure because it didn't generate the feeling of absolute despair he wanted. Eva was really lighthearted for a while though, especially when Asuka was introduced. It really didn't go downhill again until the 12th angel and the first real mindfuck episode. I have to wonder just how much Anno and the rest of the staff were on the same page when doing the series.

Here's something that occured to me the other day. On the changes made to Asuka's charecter, I wonder what they might have changed in her backstory. Both Asuka and Shinji suffered the loss of their mothers at a young age, witch is devastating, but that's not what really messed them up. For Shinji, it was Gendo's abandonment, and for Asuka it was her mothers insanity and suicide, plus her fathers affair/remarrying. But if Kyoko died quickly, and didn't have the prolonged insanity, I don't think that Asuka would have been nearly as traumatized. This would also explain why Asuka lacks her hatred of dolls in this version.

And here's something new from Anima

Last edited by Negativedark; 2009-08-20 at 14:52.
Negativedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 03:57   Link #1575
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Smile

Quote:
On the changes made to Asuka's charecter, I wonder what they might have changed in her backstory.
Unless we get another Red Book for the movies, then all is just conjecture at this point. Which is just about right, as movie 2.0 is pretty much the point where it diverges FULLY from the original timeline (instead of just a little in movie 1.00/1.11) so everything is, quite literally, up in the air.
Old 2009-08-23, 03:21   Link #1576
ramlaen

So just got back from seeing 1.0 in a local theater (Portland, Oregon).

- Funimation did a good job on the dub, the voices fit and the actors were actually decent (Kensuke was more nerdy than I expected).

- It was interesting to observe the crowds reaction to certain scenes. Misato's antics when she first had Shinji move in, Shinji going to Rei's apartment, and the Ramiel fight in particular (the guy behind me gave a holy f**k kind of laugh when Ramiel melted the mountain).

- Dont know if it was the format difference but watching in on the big screen I noticed more details with lighting and color that I hadnt before.

- No subs for onscreen text made me rage.
ramlaen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 11:56   Link #1577
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

AH!!! Just saw the movie...no wonder there are so many of the "TEST PLUG SUIT" fan art and official art. XD
Old 2009-08-26, 16:40   Link #1578
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
AH!!! Just saw the movie...no wonder there are so many of the "TEST PLUG SUIT" fan art and official art. XD
same here i also saw the movie (are you talking about the second one?)
Spoiler for spoilers somewhat:

but i have not seen any of this Fan-dumbness till you pointed it out >.>
Old 2009-08-26, 17:07   Link #1579
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Thankfully it's not too bad here, and I hope it stays that way, but their are places that have horrible wars over things like who's better, Asuka or Rei. And you Kawrou comment might be a little in the fan dumb catagory too. Although your entitled to you opinion on him. But I have seen some people be upset over the fact that Asuka seems to have been much lower on the amount of bitchiness than the series. Feeling seems to be that without a bitchy facade, she's a shallower and unimportant charecter. Some people arn't too fond of the eyepatch either.
Old 2009-08-26, 18:20   Link #1580
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Thankfully it's not too bad here, and I hope it stays that way, but their are places that have horrible wars over things like who's better, Asuka or Rei. And you Kawrou comment might be a little in the fan dumb catagory too. Although your entitled to you opinion on him. But I have seen some people be upset over the fact that Asuka seems to have been much lower on the amount of bitchiness than the series. Feeling seems to be that without a bitchy facade, she's a shallower and unimportant charecter. Some people arn't too fond of the eyepatch either.
Several people I've seen are even complaining that all the changes make Eva into just a standard mecha show...which seems an unsupportable opinion to me.

Sure, it's different from the show...but it sure as hell ain't run-of-the-mill.

Tags
movie, remake