AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-17, 20:18   Link #461
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

So I heard that the 'official' Australian release is looking to be 2013... Not sure how accurate that is, it could just be a temp thing. But that's what I got from one of the senior EB senior managers over the weekend at the expo, spoke to the EA C.O.O fellow too.
Old 2011-10-17, 20:25   Link #462
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
So I heard that the 'official' Australian release is looking to be 2013... Not sure how accurate that is, it could just be a temp thing. But that's what I got from one of the senior EB senior managers over the weekend at the expo, spoke to the EA C.O.O fellow too.
Ouch.. that really sucks
Old 2011-10-17, 20:46   Link #463
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
2013? How the heck do they figure that one?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 22:53   Link #464
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

I finally got suckered into Pre-ordering...hopefully I'll get to try it out before it goes retail.

Rolling a JG (tank) this time around...sick of playing healer/CC/squishies all the time in MMOs.
Old 2011-10-23, 23:48   Link #465
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

JG? wahts that?
Old 2011-10-23, 23:51   Link #466
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Jedi Guardian.

Gonna roll a Consular/Sage myself.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 23:55   Link #467
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

oh i thought it was juggernaunt.
Old 2011-10-24, 00:06   Link #468
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Compared to said poster, I personally enjoy being the party's healbitch.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 00:12   Link #469
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I can't stand being a healer, so boring.
Old 2011-10-24, 00:18   Link #470
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
oh i thought it was juggernaunt.
SJ would be Sith Juggernaut. The mirror for the Republic would be Jedi Guardian (JG).

I rarely play healers in RPGs/MMORPGs so it was really fun to play Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer with heals, but I reset my talent tree and went DPS and that was even better. But yea, as I said earlier, based on the polls SI will be the most played/picked class the first month or so so I'll be rolling Sith Marauder or Jedi Sentinel (I still haven't decided my faction, but I'm leaning towards the Imperial Empire since I have a few friends/clannies going there).

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 09:23   Link #471
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
My options for first character are:
- Jedi Consular Shadow
- Smuggler Gunslinger
- Trooper Commando or Vanguard

Still waiting to see every possible companion and all that stuff before I pick.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 17:48   Link #472
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Compared to said poster, I personally enjoy being the party's healbitch.
I was a healbot in L2 and a couple other games...total about 6-7 years as a healer

In Aion I was the CC bitch as a sorc, except Aion's CC is an rng mindfk.

I have only played tank once in one game..so imma try it.
Old 2011-10-24, 22:17   Link #473
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
In Aion I was the CC bitch as a sorc, except Aion's CC is an rng mindfk.
Not really, more so for damage especially for stunning shot for ranger. All you needed to do was stack a good amount of MA and pray you don't go up against full MR players with +10 or higher AP gear that exceeds your MA.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”

Last edited by barcode120x; 2011-10-24 at 22:30.
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 22:48   Link #474
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
Not really, more so for damage especially for stunning shot for ranger. All you needed to do was stack a good amount of MA and pray you don't go up against full MR players with +10 or higher AP gear that exceeds your MA.
Stunning shot is also RNG, but unless you play sorcs enough, you don't understand the lame rng at work. I have one of the best setups balancing MA/HP, but rng still frustrated me to no end, both PvP and PvE. Don't even get me started with PvP, MR clerics are fing bs. Add to that is the shitty CD on AoE CCs, we get fked over cuz of MR, then we can't use the CC again for the duration of the battle.

Just to give u a little background, I was part of the first team to take down Taha in Zikel, think we were...7th in NA, and first in NA to get Taha staff. So i'm not quite claiming myself as the sorc that knows all, but I know enough to bitch about RNG.
Old 2011-10-29, 12:25   Link #475
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

After sitting on the fence with this one for a good while (No, I don't consider going back to WoW at this point. For good or ill, I'd like to think I have quit it for good this time) I finally caved in and preordered the game. Having always been a KOTOR fan this is bound to tickle my fancy presentation and aesthetics wise. And seeing the first batch of available game copies is going to be limited in numbers, I sure didn't want to find myself in a situation where I want to try it out, only to find out they are "out of stock" and having to wait for several months until they manage to expand their server capacity and release the next batch.

What I find pretty eyebrow-rising though is them calling this a "global release". It seems that "Global" constitutes North America and about 2/3 of EU for people at EA and Bioware. Suffice to say, I was not amused to find out the Digital Edition is locked for me, because "not available in your country". Sure, I live in EU so importing a physical copy from amazon.uk is a piece of cake, but it really adds unnecessary hassle, not to mention running the risk of having the game getting stuck in some post office along the way due to Christmas roadblocks that tend to happen around said time there (The game being released on 20th and all). And ordering an express international delivery actually costs more than the game itself! (Though might opt to anyway, seeing I don't want to risk waiting until january due to post office overload ... le sigh).

So ... yeah. Excited about the game and for a scenery change from the WoW-like fantasy lands that have been flooding the market (While I love typical fantasy settings, a change of pace definitely won't hurt), but the way EA/Bioware are handling their digital distribution has left me less than impressed. Global Release ... *snicker*. At least I won't have any problems playing it in terms of latency, got to feel for people in Australia and that side of the world in general, with all the servers being located in EU and NA. The ping will likely be a killer, especially early in with the servers flooded and untested for such strain, even if one goes through the trouble of importing a copy all the way over.
Old 2011-10-29, 14:12   Link #476
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
After sitting on the fence with this one for a good while (No, I don't consider going back to WoW at this point. For good or ill, I'd like to think I have quit it for good this time) I finally caved in and preordered the game. Having always been a KOTOR fan this is bound to tickle my fancy presentation and aesthetics wise. And seeing the first batch of available game copies is going to be limited in numbers, I sure didn't want to find myself in a situation where I want to try it out, only to find out they are "out of stock" and having to wait for several months until they manage to expand their server capacity and release the next batch.

What I find pretty eyebrow-rising though is them calling this a "global release". It seems that "Global" constitutes North America and about 2/3 of EU for people at EA and Bioware. Suffice to say, I was not amused to find out the Digital Edition is locked for me, because "not available in your country". Sure, I live in EU so importing a physical copy from amazon.uk is a piece of cake, but it really adds unnecessary hassle, not to mention running the risk of having the game getting stuck in some post office along the way due to Christmas roadblocks that tend to happen around said time there (The game being released on 20th and all). And ordering an express international delivery actually costs more than the game itself! (Though might opt to anyway, seeing I don't want to risk waiting until january due to post office overload ... le sigh).

So ... yeah. Excited about the game and for a scenery change from the WoW-like fantasy lands that have been flooding the market (While I love typical fantasy settings, a change of pace definitely won't hurt), but the way EA/Bioware are handling their digital distribution has left me less than impressed. Global Release ... *snicker*. At least I won't have any problems playing it in terms of latency, got to feel for people in Australia and that side of the world in general, with all the servers being located in EU and NA. The ping will likely be a killer, especially early in with the servers flooded and untested for such strain, even if one goes through the trouble of importing a copy all the way over.
Would you like to join us all when we pick a animesuki server?
Old 2011-10-29, 14:35   Link #477
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I got the game on pre-order too will be playing smuggler for sure
Old 2011-10-30, 02:24   Link #478
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Would you like to join us all when we pick a animesuki server?
I don't have anything against the idea per se, as none of my acquaintances seem to consider starting at the very launch, but it ultimately depends where you guys are planning to play - on a US or EU server? While it might be feasible to play on an US server with my connection and not experience too much latency issues, the EU ones are still going to be faster for me, so that's where I will be playing.
Old 2011-10-31, 10:32   Link #479
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Likewise, I'm more likely to gun for an EU server.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 17:21   Link #480
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Where are you guys from..?

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows