Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 18:04   Link #781
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Maybe Bobby is Aisha while Aisha's Bobby? PLOT TWIST!!!

OK, seriously, maybe because the author didn't think of Aisha at that time. Might explain why.
actually i was thinking lucrectia's other name was Aisha.

:X

for a person whose his grandfathers acquaintance and looks like that, has to be a hidden campione.

Also only the godou family curse can attract a female campione... :P
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 19:35   Link #782
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Vol 2 chap 5 updated, old man has arrived.
on a side note, very little to edit, probably good for all
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 19:46   Link #783
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Once again, I need to stress that Bobby's name is VAUBAN, the same as the title of the Marshal of France,Sébastien Le Prestre, Marquis de Vauban--not Voban.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 19:56   Link #784
Kadi
知識の探求者

I brought it up in the terminology thread over at BT. Both the region and the time frame is wrong, so we decided to wait for the anime. Then we can still change it. So for the moment Voban is still "BT-official".
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 19:57   Link #785
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
I brought it up in the terminology thread over at BT. Both the region and the time frame is wrong, so we decided to wait for the anime. Then we can still change it. So for the moment Voban is still "BT-official".
Kadi, I don't quite understand,can you please tell me what's this thing about region and time frame?
Old 2012-05-02, 20:15   Link #786
Kadi
知識の探求者

Bobby is from the Balkan and born in the 19th century.

Your Marquis Vauban was French, never even got close to the Balkan and died about a hundred years earlier.

I don't see how they need to be connected.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 20:23   Link #787
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Bobby is from the Balkan and born in the 19th century.

Your Marquis Vauban was French, never even got close to the Balkan and died about a hundred years earlier.

I don't see how they need to be connected.
You do realise that France had a major influence in Europe between the seventeenth-century to the early eighteenth, right? In fact, part of the Balkans, the Illyrian Provinces(a.k.a Croatia and Slovania) was ruled by the French during the first Napoleonic Empire. In addition, the French language and culture were so influential that the aristocrats of most European states were obliged to learn in it from birth as a first language rather than their own native languages and traditions--most notably in Russia. So, it's not surprising that a certain noble(a margrave, correct) named their dog Vauban, whose name Bobby later took for himself in an attempt to humiliate the said noble.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-05-02 at 21:40.
Old 2012-05-02, 20:47   Link #788
azziz

in zero no tsukaima,many chara recevied name from french noble like de guiche or montmorency,there is no need to seek for connection in fantasy novel for name randomly choosen by the author for their chara.
the same should apply here.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:52   Link #789
zzhk
Summary Machine

Unless there is an official source, I would think phonetic names are open to interpretation.

I don't know how inclined a Balkan noble would be, to name their dog after the last name of a French figure who died a hundred years ago, and whose remains were scattered during the French Revolution.

Voban is actually used for names in real life though.

Besides, the word "voban" also means worker/laborer, so it adds double the irony to the title Marquis Voban in addition to being a dog's name.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:54   Link #790
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Unless there is an official source, I would think phonetic names are open to interpretation.

I don't know how inclined a Balkan noble would be, to name their dog after the last name of a French figure who died a hundred years ago, and whose remains were scattered during the French Revolution.

Voban is actually used for names in real life though.

Besides, the word "voban" also means worker/laborer, so it adds double the irony to the title Marquis Voban in addition to being a dog's name.
I see, understand now.But wait, what language is 'voban' supposed to be.When I type the word in dictionaries, it automatically asked whether I meant "Vauban" instead. By the way, I sensed somehow that you do not think that Vauban's a significant historical personality that warranted enough respect. True, his remains were scattered during the French Revolution, but you have to realise that's the same with almost all those were buried within churches during the Revolution.Almost without exception, all remains of individuals buried within cathedrals were scattered, most notably those of the previous kings of France. But most importantly, after the revolution, Napoleon had his heart buried in the Les Invalides, which was a honour conferred only on of heroes of high distinction.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-05-02 at 22:12.
Old 2012-05-02, 22:33   Link #791
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

So looking at the PV's on youtube, it does seem like Ena is going to be in the anime.

So what doesnt make sense is...
Ena = Vol.5

Are they going to cover 5 vol in 12 eps?
Or do you think they are going to do V1+V2+V4+V5? ??

Im not understanding how they are going to manage to put ena in this series.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 22:57   Link #792
veritatis cupitor

can someone tell me how could getting a dog's name could humiliate others. aren't you humiliating yourself?
Old 2012-05-02, 23:09   Link #793
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th itachi View Post
can someone tell me how could getting a dog's name could humiliate others. aren't you humiliating yourself?
Some street kid comes in and literally steals your kingdom from out under you. Then the kid sees your dog and decides to take its name when he could have taken yours instead, it means he sees the dog as better than you.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 23:46   Link #794
veritatis cupitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Some street kid comes in and literally steals your kingdom from out under you. Then the kid sees your dog and decides to take its name when he could have taken yours instead, it means he sees the dog as better than you.
hahaha thanks for the explanation. in a ridiculous way, its very true. bobby taking a dog's name to ridicule its owner, its just very bobbyish.
Old 2012-05-02, 23:55   Link #795
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
So looking at the PV's on youtube, it does seem like Ena is going to be in the anime.

So what doesnt make sense is...
Ena = Vol.5

Are they going to cover 5 vol in 12 eps?
Or do you think they are going to do V1+V2+V4+V5? ??

Im not understanding how they are going to manage to put ena in this series.
It couldn't be only twelve episodes. It'd be bullsh@t if they did. To cover up to volume five, it needs twenty episodes at the very least. And seeing that they are probably going to cover volume eleven as well, much more than that.
Old 2012-05-02, 23:59   Link #796
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I agree, must be at least 26 episodes to get all that in. Light novel adaptations are usually 12 episodes, but isn't some unknown studio doing the anime? Perhaps they 've decided on more than the usual amount?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 00:21   Link #797
veritatis cupitor

reading the summaries on jcafe gave me a feeling that verethragna could use all his powers without any conditions and more than once in a day. am i right?

just saw in the prologue of 1st chapter that godou doesn't have full authority and can't use his powers as he wishes. he has several restrictions. does that mean i deduced right? then someday he can have full authority?

Last edited by veritatis cupitor; 2012-05-03 at 00:54.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 02:15   Link #798
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th itachi View Post
reading the summaries on jcafe gave me a feeling that verethragna could use all his powers without any conditions and more than once in a day. am i right?

just saw in the prologue of 1st chapter that godou doesn't have full authority and can't use his powers as he wishes. he has several restrictions. does that mean i deduced right? then someday he can have full authority?
I forgot about it, you have to ask Kadi or Kira. One thing I can remember, however, is that J.P.S, despite being much more experienced than Godou, also has limitation on authorities.
Old 2012-05-03, 03:08   Link #799
veritatis cupitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
I forgot about it, you have to ask Kadi or Kira. One thing I can remember, however, is that J.P.S, despite being much more experienced than Godou, also has limitation on authorities.
oh yeah. now that u said it, i remember reading it somewhere.

the passionate night of sicily that erica usually talks of, is it the first time when godou used youth form on erica ?
Old 2012-05-03, 03:25   Link #800
Soji

4th itachi @ I'm curios about this as well. The way Erica talk about that night and the way Godou react it's a little hard to guess what really happen. especially because he say that was something they need and not have other choice.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem