AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-24, 19:08   Link #1541
X102reddragon

Not sure if this is totally a rumor or if it has soon truth to it but I heard awhile back the author was considering doing a College DXD of when Ise and the rest have graduated. Is there any truth to this?
Old 2013-08-24, 19:43   Link #1542
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by X102reddragon View Post
Not sure if this is totally a rumor or if it has soon truth to it but I heard awhile back the author was considering doing a College DXD of when Ise and the rest have graduated. Is there any truth to this?
No, this is still a rumor as of now.
Old 2013-08-24, 20:37   Link #1543
X102reddragon

Ah ok thanks. I figured that was the case. Be awesome if he did though. Ria's won't start participating in the real rating games until she's in College if I remember right. And the rating games are one of my favorite parts of the novel so yea.
Old 2013-08-24, 23:27   Link #1544
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey wild lion,second n0m@n informations about the vol 16 the enemy of this vol will be valerie's brother.you think that ise will fight with her brother and will save her?
The enemy being Valerie's brother is possible, but there is also a chance that someone even more evil, is the one that is the true mastermind.

Like the person who Vali is so disgusted with, for example...

I think that the most likely person who will save Valierie is Gasper, since the volume is about him, after all ... but, Ise is definitely going to provide some assistance in this task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
and you think that the new power of ise will be control his new body's powers?
Nope, I think that the most likely candidate for Ise's new power are his Dividng Gear powers - basically, the power that Ise has stolen from Albion, which appeared earlier compared to his current body, and the powers it might contain.
Old 2013-08-24, 23:45   Link #1545
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluvibritannia View Post
the 3 abnormal devils Sirzechs/Akuja/Unknown Are all Above ultimate and considered Super Devils if Ise Were To Defeat The 3rd Unknown a being around the same level as the current Lucifer i think he would skip past high class and be maid straight into an Ultimate class Devil.

but that's just my personal opinion
I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility although considering the testing the normally do and what's normally involved in becoming a high class devil I could see it going either way.

Also I'm thinking we've been overestimating somewhat Ise's new bodies ability while it was made by a combination of Ophis power and Great Red's flesh for someone like Ophis who is a true shape shifter it probably didn't require that much power and effort and as for Great Red's contribution proportionally speaking what was used is about the size of a small mole. The second issue is they were trying to model the body after Ise's original body so that would also reduce the improvements.
Old 2013-08-25, 00:07   Link #1546
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Also I'm thinking we've been overestimating somewhat Ise's new bodies ability while it was made by a combination of Ophis power and Great Red's flesh for someone like Ophis who is a true shape shifter it probably didn't require that much power and effort and as for Great Red's contribution proportionally speaking what was used is about the size of a small mole. The second issue is they were trying to model the body after Ise's original body so that would also reduce the improvements.
You mean Ise's dragon shifting ability, right ?

Well, I agree that it might not be an overwhelmingly powerful ability, but its still going to be a pretty useful ability to have - after all, in his dragon form, Ise's Devil weaknesses shouldn't have an effect on his body, so it can be used in a defensive manner, if Ise is forced to fight someone who has light powers are other abilities that are dangerous to an ordinary Devil .

As for them trying to model Ise's current body, after his original one ... well, that's true, and I agree that it might have reduced the improvements, that Ise gained from it.

Still, it doesn't change the fact, that it's a body that contains a small part of Ophis and Great Red's existence ... which, might be enough to unlock some new abilities that Issei wouldn't obtain, if he still had his original body.
Old 2013-08-25, 02:07   Link #1547
cyberdemon

i really want to know WHAT killed God. He's supposed to be all powerful and topped power charts other than the dragons. Did the fight with Ddraig and Albion kill him or did something else happen? it's bugging me.
Old 2013-08-25, 02:59   Link #1548
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i really want to know WHAT killed God. He's supposed to be all powerful and topped power charts other than the dragons. Did the fight with Ddraig and Albion kill him or did something else happen? it's bugging me.
I agree, it's definitely an important event, from the past, that we should have some more information about, since it directly affected the actions of the three factions.

Hopefully, the current arc or some side story material is going to give us some more details about what actually killed the God of the Bible.

I also think that similar details should be given about the death's of the Old Maou's ... who, together, should have a similar power level as the God of the Bible - after all, the war between the three factions would have ended long ago, if one side had some superiority against the other two factions.
Old 2013-08-25, 08:23   Link #1549
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
You mean Ise's dragon shifting ability, right ?

Well, I agree that it might not be an overwhelmingly powerful ability, but its still going to be a pretty useful ability to have - after all, in his dragon form, Ise's Devil weaknesses shouldn't have an effect on his body, so it can be used in a defensive manner, if Ise is forced to fight someone who has light powers are other abilities that are dangerous to an ordinary Devil .
I agree with you the whole dragon shifting ability will be useful although I'm not sure he might stay a devil when transformed although it's hard to tell. And we practice he probably be able to control it.

Quote:
As for them trying to model Ise's current body, after his original one ... well, that's true, and I agree that it might have reduced the improvements, that Ise gained from it.

Still, it doesn't change the fact, that it's a body that contains a small part of Ophis and Great Red's existence ... which, might be enough to unlock some new abilities that Issei wouldn't obtain, if he still had his original body.
I think Ise got some additional power and abilities. My thoughts came more from the talk about the final boss being Great Red and Ise having the power of 4 strongest dragons it just got me to thinking and well he really he is a mirco dragon god and the scared gears are pretty much a watered down version of the heavenly dragons powers.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:22   Link #1550
Chris38

Quote:
I agree with you the whole dragon shifting ability will be useful although I'm not sure he might stay a devil when transformed although it's hard to tell. And we practice he probably be able to control it.
Will see...

Personally, I think that Ise is a humanoid dragon / devil hybrid rather then a pure devil so I think that in his usual form he is equally affected by devil and dragon weaknesses, but in his dragon form (or at least the body parts that have been changed into that of a dragon), his weakness to dragon slaying attacks would be greatly increased, while at the same time ... his devil weaknesses would be greatly reduced - since, in that form, his body would be more similar to a dragons rather then a Devil's.

At least something like that makes sense to me...

Regarding the topic, if Ise will be capable of controlling this transformation ... well, generally each action manga protagonist gains control over the abilities that he gains during the story.

It's probably going to take some time though...

Quote:
I think Ise got some additional power and abilities. My thoughts came more from the talk about the final boss being Great Red and Ise having the power of 4 strongest dragons it just got me to thinking and well he really he is a mirco dragon god and the scared gears are pretty much a watered down version of the heavenly dragons powers.
Yep, that makes sense ...

Personally, I would say that Ise has the potential to unlock and master 4 new major abilities, and maybe a few secondary ones, that he will be using less frequently ... maybe, less then that, if they will be more powerful.

I'm judging this, from the fact that 4 of the 8 Evil Pieces that Ise has contained in his body, are still normal, and by the end of the novel, I believe that all of them will become Mutation Pieces with different values.

And, I would say that one of Ise's remaining Evil Pieces might be taken by Albion's stolen dividing power, which leaves 3 pieces for the abilities that Ise might gain from Ophis and Great Red's existence that is contained in his body.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:44   Link #1551
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Will see...

Personally, I think that Ise is a humanoid dragon / devil hybrid rather then a pure devil so I think that in his usual form he is equally affected by devil and dragon weaknesses, but in his dragon form (or at least the body parts that have been changed into that of a dragon), his weakness to dragon slaying attacks would be greatly increased, while at the same time ... his devil weaknesses would be greatly reduced - since, in that form, his body would be more similar to a dragons rather then a Devil's.

Regarding the topic, if Ise will be capable of controlling this transformation ... well, generally each action manga protagonist gains control over the abilities that he gains during the story.

Personally, I would say that Ise has the potential to unlock and master 4 new major abilities, and maybe a few secondary ones, that he will be using less frequently ... maybe, less then that, if they will be more powerful.

I'm judging this, from the fact that 4 of the 8 Evil Pieces that Ise has contained in his body, are still normal, and by the end of the novel, I believe that all of them will become Mutation Pieces with different values.

And, I would say that one of Ise's remaining Evil Pieces might be taken by Albion's stolen dividing power, which leaves 3 pieces for the abilities that Ise might gain from Ophis and Great Red's existence that is contained in his body.
I have agreed with you :3 do you think that ascalon maybe upgraded too what do you think,

Issei is a dragonic heavenly dragon while vali is demonic heavenly dragon it's fun to see them evolve in this ln :3

I'm just hoping on future novel I hope they show us agares the 4th rookie 4

Do you think that issei will gain new title beside red/crimson dragon emperor and oppai dragon 0_0
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-25, 12:21   Link #1552
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
I have agreed with you :3 do you think that ascalon maybe upgraded too what do you think,
Technically, Ascalon already received an upgrade, once Ise started to combine it's aura with his Boosted Gear attacks.

Apart from that, I think it's going to remain one of Ise's "secondary" abilities, since it's already one of the more powerful Heavenly Sword's and I don't see anything that Ise can do to further increase it's usefulness ... he's not a Knight, after all, so I doubt that he will become an swordman on the level of Kiba or Xenovia.

Quote:
Issei is a dragonic heavenly dragon while vali is demonic heavenly dragon it's fun to see them evolve in this ln :3
Yep, I definitely agree.

Quote:
I'm just hoping on future novel I hope they show us agares the 4th rookie 4
Well, she might have some small appearances, but since she's not one of the major character's, I doubt that she will have a significant role in the main story.

The author can always do some side story about her, but personally I don't know what are the factor's that decide what the side stories are going to be about.

Quote:
Do you think that issei will gain new title beside red/crimson dragon emperor and oppai dragon 0_0
Ise's going to gain a new title of being the husband of the head of the Gremory clan, the title of husband or master to his secondary wifes / mistresses ... and later become the father of a quite huge amount of children - personally I don't think that he needs anymore titles then that

Quote:
Spoiler:
Maybe it will change it's color ... it depends on the factor's that are behind the breakdown of the beast mode, which at the moment remain unknown.
Old 2013-08-25, 12:21   Link #1553
GundamFan

Quote:
Will see...

Well your right there Ise is definetly a hybrid but the same could be said for all reincarnated devils look Akeno, Koneko, Grasper and Tannin they all kept there powers and species weakness from before being reincarnated. Now since Ise does have small amount of Ophis power in him I'd say it's possible he isn't changing shape but also species.

Quote:

True it's going to take some time and having some of Ophis power infused in him makes for a great plot device to explain how can go from his micro red form to his human form at will.

Quote:

Hey as far as secondary ability I thought one of those might he starts being able to breathe fire without his scale mail given he is dragon of sorts now.
Old 2013-08-25, 12:38   Link #1554
Chris38

Quote:
Well your right there Ise is definetly a hybrid but the same could be said for all reincarnated devils look Akeno, Koneko, Grasper and Tannin they all kept there powers and species weakness from before being reincarnated. Now since Ise does have small amount of Ophis power in him I'd say it's possible he isn't changing shape but also species.
Yep, I know that, but like you mentioned ... we don't know how Ise's current body works, especially with Ophis being involved in it's creation.

Quote:
True it's going to take some time and having some of Ophis power infused in him makes for a great plot device to explain how can go from his micro red form to his human form at will.
Yep, although I think that, he won't be capable of returning to a human form, until he completely masters this power, so that the author could keep the dragon sucking moments between Ise and Akeno / Rias, for as long as it's possible.

Quote:
Hey as far as secondary ability I thought one of those might he starts being able to breathe fire without his scale mail given he is dragon of sorts now.
I think that he was capable of doing that, even before he received his current body, since his training with Tannin occurred before he reached his Balance Breaker mode.

Reread chapter 2 and 3 of volume 5, if you don't believe me.

The reason why Ise isn't breathing fire, without his armor, is most likely caused by the fact that Ise's usual opponents are so powerful, that he would be killed, if he wouldn't be using it.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:06   Link #1555
GundamFan

Quote:
Yep, although I think that, he won't be capable of returning to a human form, until he completely masters this power, so that the author could keep the dragon sucking moments between Ise and Akeno / Rias, for as long as it's possible.
You know when you put it like that I don't think we are ever going Ise learn how to control this power considering how much he loves his sessions with Akeno.

Quote:
I think that he was capable of doing that, even before he received his current
body, since his training with Tannin occurred before he reached his Balance Breaker mode.

Reread chapter 2 and 3 of volume 5, if you don't believe me.

The reason why Ise isn't breathing fire, without his armor, is most likely caused by the fact that Ise's usual opponents are so powerful, that he would be killed, if he wouldn't be using it.
Your right about the balance breaker he was using dragon fire magic before that but he also didn't use though in the fight against the wizards so his booster gear could be tied to his ability to use it at least originally. Or he might have been worried about the damage/deaths caused since it was during the school day. And who knows maybe he'll be able to add a dragon lightning breath attack to his move.
Old 2013-08-25, 18:19   Link #1556
peinmaximus@

hey n0m@n,the author give some clue about what will be ise new power and how ise and the group will go to romania?
Old 2013-08-25, 18:24   Link #1557
bludvein

He breathes fire small-scale against Rossweisse during the Kyoto trip without the BB. Not sure why you would think he couldn't to begin with. He just doesn't use it often because its not a very efficient attack for him. It takes forever to build up boosts without the BB, which are better spent boosting a punch or whatever. His magic ability is weak, while his punches are truly dangerous (to most people anyway) even unboosted. You can imagine which benefits more when he has to "ration" the boosts.
Old 2013-08-25, 20:22   Link #1558
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
He breathes fire small-scale against Rossweisse during the Kyoto trip without the BB. Not sure why you would think he couldn't to begin with. He just doesn't use it often because its not a very efficient attack for him. It takes forever to build up boosts without the BB, which are better spent boosting a punch or whatever. His magic ability is weak, while his punches are truly dangerous (to most people anyway) even unboosted. You can imagine which benefits more when he has to "ration" the boosts.
I'd forgotten about the couple the times he had done so while out of balance and thought it was did to his scared gear and him not using the power when fighting the wizards by himself when he got his dragon arm kind of reinforced the idea. You'd be surprised the things you forget in long running series I reread Ise and Saji rating game fight and had forgotten Ise used Divine Dividing during it.
And I agree magic isn't Ise go to skill set and I don't want it to be still as for secondary moves I wouldn't mind seeing him add a second element of dragon magic.
Old 2013-08-25, 21:00   Link #1559
Chris38

Quote:
And I agree magic isn't Ise go to skill set and I don't want it to be still as for secondary moves I wouldn't mind seeing him add a second element of dragon magic.
I agree about Ise's magic forte ... I don't want it to suddenly become one of Ise's talents as well, since that would be pretty weird.

Still, it wouldn't hurt for him to have some small improvements in that area.

Anyway ... I think that Ise's current body has definitely given Ise some improvements in his base stats ... so, I hope that we will finally see Ise using his abilities, in his normal form, a bit more frequently, at least against lower ranked opponents, rather then having him switch to his Balance Breaker mode all the time.
Old 2013-08-25, 21:14   Link #1560
GundamFan

Quote:
I agree about Ise's magic forte ... I don't want it to suddenly become one of Ise's talents as well, since that would be pretty weird.

Still, it wouldn't hurt for him to have some small improvements in that area.

Anyway ... I think that Ise's current body has definitely given Ise some improvements in his base stats ... so, I hope that we will finally see Ise using his abilities, in his normal form, a bit more frequently, at least against lower ranked opponents, rather then having him switch to his Balance Breaker mode all the time.
I'm really hoping for that because while I like his balance breaker I'd also like him to be a little less dependent on it.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life