AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-18, 21:07   Link #61
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
By the way, what was dragon a revoloutionary for again?

So far, his cause hasn't been explained. Maybe we'll find out sooner rather than later.... perhaps.

Anyway, I too believe that Kuma is working as a spy for Dragon. It would most certainly explain his line to Rayleigh in Sabaody about how he was "putting himself in danger" by appearing there. Plus, it would also explain why he knew Luffy was Dragon's son, which so few people knew about (otherwise Garp's men wouldn't have freaked out when he revealed that fact!). I certainly do wonder what Kuma's role in the upcoming war will be....

And... no talk about Jinbei? According to the spoiler summary, he doesn't resemble Fisher Tiger's silhouette from Hancock's flashback (but there's no pictures of Jinbei himself yet, so we can't really judge that for ourselves now anyway). Whether he's related to Tiger or not, I feel about 99.9% certain that he has the biggest connection to the former Sun pirates captain. Heh, I wonder if the news of Luffy beating up a World Noble is the reason why he's going wild...?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 21:49   Link #62
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
JinBei...which Schibukai is this again?

It's surprising the Marines don't do like background checks or whatever lol.
Old 2008-11-18, 22:00   Link #63
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
JinBei...which Schibukai is this again?

It's surprising the Marines don't do like background checks or whatever lol.

Er... Arlong's former captain remember? Funny thing is, he was actually one of the first Shichibukai mentioned waaaay back in East Blue. Yet now he'll be the last one to physically appear. Judging from his name (which means whale shark in Japanese), I'd expect Jinbei to be pretty damn big.....
Old 2008-11-18, 22:16   Link #64
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Eh?
I didn't mean for Luffy's "group" (Boa and the like), I was really talking about Nami being on her own. Luffy's been throug enough already, he doesn't need more time in the spotlight.
The others will also have some self-reflection period during the next few days. We may not get to see them immediately, as I believe Oda wouldn't want to create mini-Gaidens consecutively. Maybe the shortest ones will get out of the way in the next few chapters. But for all of them to appear, with such separation, it may become too distracting, considering that we are already shown the initial scenes of the next fight, including the ongoing current-time interactions among other important characters. We may get to see each of their adventure during their next fights. A good time to integrate them within the story, without delaying further the vital encounters.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 23:07   Link #65
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Er... Arlong's former captain remember? Funny thing is, he was actually one of the first Shichibukai mentioned waaaay back in East Blue. Yet now he'll be the last one to physically appear. Judging from his name (which means whale shark in Japanese), I'd expect Jinbei to be pretty damn big.....
oooo so we haven't seen him yet.

Hey was there any mention of the Vice-Admirals's crew? Were they still stone?
Old 2008-11-18, 23:35   Link #66
karumofin

ahhhh, now i get it. i bet ace is not really related by blood to luffy, instead i think garp was taking care of both kids and at some point dumped both at that island.
im really happy with this whole direction, getting rid of the whole strawhat crew is perfect and finally gives some well needed focus on luffy, who youll come to realize is the only strawhat yet who hasnt even had a full flashback (just a very short one showing only a small fracture of his past).
things will get really interesting, with don flamingo and blackbeard BOTH showing up at that meeting, because both of them have been set up as potential near future villains i really have no idea how this will play out.
i also wonder how long it will take for the strawhats to reunite, it doesnt seem like the story will go that they all try to go anywhere, rather at some point they will be picked up. maybe this will also be how we get to see someone from alabasta again, like oda anounced so long ago. the way i see it this could very well all be spread out for the second half of the one piece story. their islands may just be at the second half of the grandline, where, as we all know, the different paths start to go togetehr and its a lot less likely to miss islands if you go from one to the next.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 23:45   Link #67
Xenux
∇ emo Szayel ∇

Aww, it will take like 20 chapters before the crew meet up again xD

Can't wait for the next chapters.
Xenux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 00:21   Link #68
UNDergroundX

I have a theory that Boa won't join the SH crew. But will thus fall in love with Ace instead after seeing him in action later on or Ace becomes the new leader of the WB pirates later on and Boa becoming his wife/nakama. Who knows seeing that the age gap of Luffy and Boa are a lets say 5-7 years?
UNDergroundX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 00:37   Link #69
Rainbowman

Quote:
And... no talk about Jinbei? According to the spoiler summary, he doesn't resemble Fisher Tiger's silhouette from Hancock's flashback (but there's no pictures of Jinbei himself yet, so we can't really judge that for ourselves now anyway). Whether he's related to Tiger or not, I feel about 99.9% certain that he has the biggest connection to the former Sun pirates captain. Heh, I wonder if the news of Luffy beating up a World Noble is the reason why he's going wild...?
Oh, and I was hoping to see his physical appearance only to hear that there wasn't any information on him yet. (sigh) I just hope Nami is shown to be okay and not just mentioned in this chapter.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 00:52   Link #70
UNDergroundX

Quote:

The weird part is this: How can a former member of the Sun Pirates, who are the crew members of the person who freed the slaves of the World Nobles, become a Shibukai? I thought they hated the WG. SO why are they now serving the WG?

Thats the thing which I need to clear out since I want to know the story on how he became a Shibukai.
Old 2008-11-19, 01:05   Link #71
marvelB

Speaking of Jinbei, he appears in this cluster of spoiler pics (middle-left picture). He.... looks kinda like Blackbeard, IMO. Definitely big, too. Wonder how long it'll be before he's "fully" revealed....

Also, it looks like Hancock turned Momonga's men back to normal, as well. There's still no pics of the other Straw-Hats yet, however.....
Old 2008-11-19, 01:16   Link #72
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
So there's no official word of Zoro's island still?
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 01:18   Link #73
UNDergroundX

Quote:

The weird part is this: How can a former member of the Sun Pirates, who are the crew members of the person who freed the slaves of the World Nobles, become a Shibukai? I thought they hated the WG. SO why are they now serving the WG?

Thats the thing which I need to clear out since I want to know the story on how he became a Shibukai.
Old 2008-11-19, 01:41   Link #74
Rainbowman

Quote:
Speaking of Jinbei, he appears in this cluster of spoiler pics (middle-left picture). He.... looks kinda like Blackbeard, IMO. Definitely big, too. Wonder how long it'll be before he's "fully" revealed....

Also, it looks like Hancock turned Momonga's men back to normal, as well. There's still no pics of the other Straw-Hats yet, however.....
I could barely make out his looks. And I find it disappointing that Nami is only MENTIONED INSTEAD OF BEING SHOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 03:11   Link #75
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I could barely make out his looks. And I find it disappointing that Nami is only MENTIONED INSTEAD OF BEING SHOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly I rather see Ace Luffy Boa WB situation rather than the crew members specific places.
Old 2008-11-19, 03:11   Link #76
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

from the looks of the spoiler it seems that Kuma might actully end up helping them. i want to know what Kuma said to Rayling when thay talked for a brief moment or exchaned glances and they somehow knew what the other was saying. it seems that they were talkiing before he started sending all of them off into different directions. though i doubt that he is actully attempting a Coup-de-ta(can't spell). it may be that he has his own agenda.

he may have even known Roger. if he is able to communicate with Rayling that easily than i doubt that it is the first time. Kid and Law were shocked when thay saw him. which would mean that he was't suppose to be there. he may have been on his way to convay some kind of message.

the question are endless into what will happen but, we still dont know what kind of attack will comence in the future. though i doubt that all the pirates will sit by and watch. this war that will hopefully happen is going to be very big. and if Whitebeard does lose than that might take down that pirates easier. he is the stongest and a lot of pirates no doubt look up to him and are afried. if he loses than what does that say about all the rest.

of course all of this is still just speculation. there are still a lot of questions that need to be answerd. also in the war is whitebeard the only one who is going to help or is it that the Yonkou will help out in someway. because losing one of them would end up hurting all of them. they are the four big name that help keep the balance between marines, Shichibukai and pirates.

it's goo that all of them are seperated and now they can get new powerup's. it's time nami got something else to add to the clima-tact. also i don't really know how far zoro can keep powering up. it may be that he might be able to cut something else more harder and may even learn a different style of swordsmenship.
Old 2008-11-19, 04:24   Link #77
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
You call six days "time to spare"?
It took the Strawhats weeks or even months to get from east blue to the middle of the grand line. And now they are scattered all over the world, and should make it back in just six days?
You see, its very obvious from the start, at least to me, that Kuma sent the crew off to help them. He sent them to safety from Kizaru, he sent them to places to power them up.

If Luffy is sent to a place where he gets to find out about Ace's execution and also has the means to get there in time, I can see that Kuma did that on purpose and arranged the same for the other crew members.

Its all a very well planned and ochestrated move from Kuma, to spread the crew, save them, make them stronger, so that they can return to one of the greatest fights in history - A meeting of the World Government, Shichibukai, Yonkou and probably the Supernovae.

Who knows how big the fight will be, who's playing the cards and who will hold the trump card in the end. Its like a grand welcome for Luffy to show him what kind of insanity you can expect in the New World and probably the New Age.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 04:38   Link #78
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Why are you thinking coincidence? I pointed exactly, orchestration.

Kuma planned it meticulously for things to fall in place, tie it to the Dragon relation theory and you can even say that he's preparing for a revolution just like that.

Giving the abundance of islands and the outrageous variety they have, its extremely easy for you to place the characters.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 04:50   Link #79
james0246

^I don't know if I would say orchestrated. Specifically, there was no way of knowing that the Strawhats would be at the Shabody Archipelago when the proverbial shit hit the fan (unless Kuma somehow influenced their compasses to point toward Merman Island). Added to that, Kuma letting Luffy and company go originally (at Thriller Bark) seemed to be a spur of the moment decision, rather than an orchestrated move, and if Kuma truly wished for the Strawhats to be sent somewhere to train, Thriller Bark would have been the ideal place to transport them to their various dojos.

Rather than saying Kuma planned everything, I think it is more likely that Kuma made the best of a bad situation. Upon hearing that Luffy was causing trouble, Kuma went to Shabody in order to send Luffy and company elsewhere. While I agree that Kuma planned to send them to the specific islands that they went to (and that Kuma is probably a rebel), I would assume that Kuma only decided to send them on their island quests during the time it took for Kuma to travel to Shabody.

So, the situation was not orchestrated, but rather Kuma found the best possible solution to an increasingly worse problem.

---

This is a long way off (probably will not occur until sometime next summer), but here is the 1st Prediction for Luffy's future fight during the Whitebeard v. WG War: Luffy will not fight any of the Shichibukai, Admirals, or other high ranking officials; rather he will fight Sentomaru. They have a score to settle .

Last edited by james0246; 2008-11-19 at 05:07.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 04:51   Link #80
seiji_kun

Majority of the OP readers probably think Kuma's Dragon spy just cause he mentioned his name after TB. Well he's an enigma and I personally hope there is much more to Kuma then beeing just Dragon's spy. Rather then his spy or subordinate I hope he has like a Shanks - Mihawk relationship or a Buggy - Shanks with Dragon. Beeing Dragon's bitch would demean him imo. And I have to agree, I don't think this was planned out in advance, he took the opportunity to make the most out of it. The only trouble is that I can't see what Kuma had personally to gain bye helping out Luffy. Well he's an enigma like Moria said.

And we should all rethink our opinion about this chapter, this chapter is epic fail. I was so looking forward to Luffina that bye the epicness of this chapter I forgot that we didn't get to see Luffy in drag.