AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-06-02, 14:50   Link #3621
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

The illusion of either of those choices being a crack pairing were destroyed once he punched them.

So I'd say no.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 19:36   Link #3622
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Well... Let's go about Touma x Mugino for a cracky one.

Which reminds me way back earlier in this thread (years earlier) I posted some summaries of a 2ch fanfic with the entirety of ITEM (sans Hamazura) being Touma's (foster?) siblings.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 20:08   Link #3623
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I saw that!

At first I was like:

Then I was like:

And then I was like:

Needless to say, I liked the dere Mugino; shame there wasn't any more from what I saw.
Old 2013-06-02, 21:02   Link #3624
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

I have to ask for a few opinions. If an esper could freely control all frozen liquid via psychokinesis--specifically, cyrokinesis--and could freeze liquids, what level would you place them at? And, if we were to assume that this esper could freely freeze anything at all and control it, including his clothes to turn it into personal armor or even water vapor or the air itself, would that be worthy of a level 5? I'm always skeptical about the levels I give my OCs, so I feel the need to hear outside opinions.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about teleportation. Supposedly, if Awaki was not mentally scarred about making a mistake while teleporting, she'd be level 5 material, wouldn't she? So if a teleporting esper happened to have greater range than her, no mental scars, a higher weight capacity, and a few other details that expound on the 11-dimensional theory, would that be nearly #1 level? I'd always felt Kuroko was unnecessarily nerfed for being a level 4, but when I look at it that way, it suddenly makes sense to me...Well, Accelerator can screw over teleport-type espers with his vector control anyways, so I guess that might be about #2 level.
silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 21:39   Link #3625
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
I have to ask for a few opinions. If an esper could freely control all frozen liquid via psychokinesis--specifically, cyrokinesis--and could freeze liquids, what level would you place them at? And, if we were to assume that this esper could freely freeze anything at all and control it, including his clothes to turn it into personal armor or even water vapor or the air itself, would that be worthy of a level 5? I'm always skeptical about the levels I give my OCs, so I feel the need to hear outside opinions.
Well, it all depends really.

Let's use the #1 Level 5 for example. Now, his AIM Field is short, but things which he touches are effected by his abilities; thus the reason he has range. Now, put into account that the AIM of this OC in particular; you'd have to think if this person in particular can freeze things that they touch or within a certain area of effect. Putting it like that, we can safely say that they would be one of those people who you wouldn't want to touch in CQC since they would freeze all the moisture in the body the moment they touch someone. That = good game, which also means that she is mostly untouchable.

Now let's put this person up against a Level 5. Accelerator is the bigger untouchable monster here. Kakine would more than likely would be largely the same as he would most likely use DM to coat his body in something that goes against normal laws and thus be unaffected by it. Mikoto? She'd conduct enough electricity to thaw out of it; though the numbness would still remain but would still largely be capable of dealing with this person from both a distance or at close range. Mugino wouldn't let anyone get close enough to touch her with her Meltdowner; plus the name speaks volumes on how bad that much up would be. Misaki, well, she has lots of pawns and would most likely take control over this OC if her mental defenses aren't up to par; even then she most likely wouldn't be in the center of the conflict anyways. Gunha, from what I've seen, is a CQC monster that would ruin anyone's day; regardless of who they were or what the power is.

So, all that being said, I'd come to say that it would be a no in terms of this person being a Level 5. I do however, think this OC would make a very powerful Level 4 easily. But, again, I would need more details in terms of precisely what this person could do.

Quote:
Also, I'm a bit concerned about teleportation. Supposedly, if Awaki was not mentally scarred about making a mistake while teleporting, she'd be level 5 material, wouldn't she? So if a teleporting esper happened to have greater range than her, no mental scars, a higher weight capacity, and a few other details that expound on the 11-dimensional theory, would that be nearly #1 level? I'd always felt Kuroko was unnecessarily nerfed for being a level 4, but when I look at it that way, it suddenly makes sense to me...Well, Accelerator can screw over teleport-type espers with his vector control anyways, so I guess that might be about #2 level.
Teleporters are rare from what I understand. And I'd say that if the mentioned factors were capable of another Teleporter than they would reach Level 5 status. The problem with that is that the 11th dimension is so complex that the scientists don't really wanna mess with it. In addition, the reason behind Awaki being a candidate for being a Level 5 was due to the fact that she didn't need to touch the object she wished to teleport. As for that person being the #1 Level 5 Esper in the city....well, that I don't know about that.
Old 2013-06-02, 22:27   Link #3626
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Well, it all depends really.

Let's use the #1 Level 5 for example. Now, his AIM Field is short, but things which he touches are effected by his abilities; thus the reason he has range. Now, put into account that the AIM of this OC in particular; you'd have to think if this person in particular can freeze things that they touch or within a certain area of effect. Putting it like that, we can safely say that they would be one of those people who you wouldn't want to touch in CQC since they would freeze all the moisture in the body the moment they touch someone. That = good game, which also means that she is mostly untouchable.

Now let's put this person up against a Level 5. Accelerator is the bigger untouchable monster here. Kakine would more than likely would be largely the same as he would most likely use DM to coat his body in something that goes against normal laws and thus be unaffected by it. Mikoto? She'd conduct enough electricity to thaw out of it; though the numbness would still remain but would still largely be capable of dealing with this person from both a distance or at close range. Mugino wouldn't let anyone get close enough to touch her with her Meltdowner; plus the name speaks volumes on how bad that much up would be. Misaki, well, she has lots of pawns and would most likely take control over this OC if her mental defenses aren't up to par; even then she most likely wouldn't be in the center of the conflict anyways. Gunha, from what I've seen, is a CQC monster that would ruin anyone's day; regardless of who they were or what the power is.

So, all that being said, I'd come to say that it would be a no in terms of this person being a Level 5. I do however, think this OC would make a very powerful Level 4 easily. But, again, I would need more details in terms of precisely what this person could do.
I see your point when it comes to range. Projectile attacks that can make it through any walls or shields of ice would probably rend the OC to pieces, regardless of his range. I think I've got a better idea as to his level; thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Teleporters are rare from what I understand. And I'd say that if the mentioned factors were capable of another Teleporter than they would reach Level 5 status. The problem with that is that the 11th dimension is so complex that the scientists don't really wanna mess with it. In addition, the reason behind Awaki being a candidate for being a Level 5 was due to the fact that she didn't need to touch the object she wished to teleport. As for that person being the #1 Level 5 Esper in the city....well, that I don't know about that.
I have several theories on a high leveled teleporter, and the only conclusion I can come to is that range and limits mean everything to keep them from being absolutely uber. With the exception of dealing with Accelerator or Sogiita, if one didn't have limits on range, they'd be able to teleport anywhere, split anything by teleporting objects into other objects, and just teleport most opponents a couple hundred feet in the air to let them fall to their deaths or just stick them six feet under. Literally. If you add rarity, range, and psychological limitations, their danger level drops significantly, at least, but I imagine just one difficult teleport-type esper could cause some trouble. After all, since the 11-dimensional theories are so sensitive and are on par with a college level student (according to Uiharu), wouldn't stopping a teleporting esper be a bit difficult?

Well, that's just speculation. Considering the fact that only Musujime Awaki has been mentioned as a teleporter capable of being level 5, wouldn't that mean, out of the fifty teleporters in Academy City, she's the only one with that level of teleportation?

Assuming, of course, #6 isn't a teleporter; which is looking more and more unlikely...
Old 2013-06-02, 22:44   Link #3627
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
I see your point when it comes to range. Projectile attacks that can make it through any walls or shields of ice would probably rend the OC to pieces, regardless of his range. I think I've got a better idea as to his level; thank you.
Any time friend. Though, would you mind helping me out with one of my own that I've thought up?

Quote:
I have several theories on a high leveled teleporter, and the only conclusion I can come to is that range and limits mean everything to keep them from being absolutely uber. With the exception of dealing with Accelerator or Sogiita, if one didn't have limits on range, they'd be able to teleport anywhere, split anything by teleporting objects into other objects, and just teleport most opponents a couple hundred feet in the air to let them fall to their deaths or just stick them six feet under. Literally. If you add rarity, range, and psychological limitations, their danger level drops significantly, at least, but I imagine just one difficult teleport-type esper could cause some trouble. After all, since the 11-dimensional theories are so sensitive and are on par with a college level student (according to Uiharu), wouldn't stopping a teleporting esper be a bit difficult?
I think stopping any teleporter is hard enough as it is. But one also needs to factor in how fast the individual can teleport. The list of people who can actually capture or at least try to capture a Teleporter is another Teleporter. Then there's, of course, Accelerator who took down Member's Teleporter with relative ease; but that's because its Accelerator and a Level 5 to boot.

I'd recommend looking at that teleporter from Member, for it would at least give you some further insight on how a lesser Teleporter in the series uses it.

Quote:
Well, that's just speculation. Considering the fact that only Musujime Awaki has been mentioned as a teleporter capable of being level 5, wouldn't that mean, out of the fifty teleporters in Academy City, she's the only one with that level of teleportation?
Most likely, since the aforementioned one could only teleport behind people and that's it.

Quote:
Assuming, of course, #6 isn't a teleporter; which is looking more and more unlikely...
Yeah....that guy needs to hurry up and let us see what his ability is. It's killing me here.
Old 2013-06-02, 22:59   Link #3628
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

I don't mind helping you. I love interesting ideas for characters and the like. I've already sat on the idea for a level 5 teleporting esper while looking at the three teleporters we already know of...while pouring a lot of originality into him. Witness--the collection of genius born from ego!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8740822/...ous-Experiment

WARNING: A lot of it is more focused toward OCs. It's not until later that it begins to veer toward more familiar faces. Just figured some of you might want to consider that. Maybe.

Now, if Kill-Point would only show up in the Railgun manga...Come on, Kamachi...some of us actually care about the side characters...you did it with Frenda, after all.
Old 2013-06-02, 23:18   Link #3629
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
I don't mind helping you. I love interesting ideas for characters and the like.
Thanks, here's the idea in my head...for a relatively low Level Esper actually.

The ability that I've got for this person is that they can control the adrenal glands in the body, specifically the medulla which produces adrenaline. This means that, on a whim, they can fill their body with adrenaline and make the smaller blood vessels in the body close up while expanding the blood vessles in the skeletal muscles wider. This means that, with the more blood flow in the more important blood vessels, the muscles will perform to their highest abilities thanks to the oxygen increase to the blood in those areas.

Essentially, this particular individual is capable of performing bouts of superior strength, speed, along with heightened perception capabilities as well.

The only down side to this is that the human body was not capable of keeping up with the level of stress of those feats. In addition to this, the individual in question is largely incapable of feeling injury since adrenaline tends to block out pain. That said, if this Esper was to try and lift something that weighed a couple tones, they could but their muscles would either give out or tear in the process.

The Level of this Esper is 2 at the highest; so what says you?

Quote:
Now, if Kill-Point would only show up in the Railgun manga...Come on, Kamachi...some of us actually care about the side characters...you did it with Frenda, after all.
It's most likely that he will show up. Everyone else aside from the professor has made an appearance thus far, so there's reason to believe that they will as well...I've got to admit though, the manga does well to explain a few things about Member.

As for the story, I'll be sure to check it out once I'm done with a few things for my own story. As it stands, I'm on a roll at the moment.
Old 2013-06-02, 23:45   Link #3630
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Level 2 sounds about right. Since he's doing it consciously, he's already cleared for it. The problem is the amount of stress it puts on his body. It's not practical for combat situations, at least not prolonged ones. It's really only useful for research purposes. And even then, testing the limits might kill him. So it really depends on what you plan to use him for. I can imagine a researcher trying to strengthen his body via various methods to see if they change the outcome.
Old 2013-06-03, 00:03   Link #3631
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Very true in terms of prolonged combat situations; but you can't deny that getting hit by one of this person's punches is gonna hurt like a mother***. If they hit a bone, then its obvious that it's gonna end up broken and if they hit somewhere (like the ribs) that one clean hit is all they'll need to puncture a vital organ.

Also, bare in mind that this person can still control the medulla of the adrenal glands; meaning they can choose when to up the amount of adrenaline going into their body at will along with decreasing it when it gets to a certain extent. In saying this, if the person is adept at CQC already, then all they need to do is regulate how much is dispersed at certain points in time; never putting out more than your average person unless the situation calls for them to dish out more.

I do agree though, this person would be good for research material in AC.

The only way I see this person's level increasing to Level 3 is if they can somehow learn how to regulate which blood vessels to widen on specific skeletal muscles. But Level 3 is the highest they would be capable of going.
Old 2013-06-03, 04:02   Link #3632
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The worst crack I've seen repeatedly in this thread is Tainaka x Mugino. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
This is already taking his system into account or still different?
I'd say no, because the Power Curriculum only assesses power level, not things done to augment or abuse the power, like that canon girl with a thousand fiber arms and that NT7 cyborg with a million abilities both not being level 5.
Old 2013-06-03, 04:54   Link #3633
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mmm... I can easily imagine those pairings... but I still can't find it in my heart for ToumaxSherry

So any external factors that can modify the ESPer ability does not count for the level?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 07:22   Link #3634
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

All Toumaxsherry needs is a fic where Touma solves Sherry's problem or at least reconciles it.

And I don't suppose so, looking from canon.
Old 2013-06-04, 07:27   Link #3635
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So even if he's normally a level 3, but gets level 5 and near awakened state powers when connecting with his origin. He's still a level 3?

Hmm... how to reconcile? Sherry misses her friend right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had circumstances been different, Vento wouldn't be here. She wouldn't be seated here at this tble with such an annoyed look on her face. Her regulr yellow dress was damaged and far too eye catching for lying low. Maybe that was why she looked so out of place wearing a cotton-lace dress with a denim with little securing strands of linen tied in bows to secure it on her wire like frame. its innocent sky blue clashed horribly with her piercings. The numerous studs of metal on her brows, nose, lips were enough to make people sick. But had she opened her mouth, people would see the stud piercing her tongue. It was bizarre to say the least. She had features however, that were not too far removed from the image given by her attire. Her face now lacked that thick make-up that looked ill, instead replaced with a palor reminiscent of alabaster. Her hair was short but feathered lightly to the side like golden threads swaying in the wind. With all those features and her natural scowl. She made quite a sight. Malevolent, but fragile; violent, but somehow kind; ugly, yet beautiful. Needless to say it left many to stare at the female member of God's Right Seat.

Her form was limp, lying forlornly gainst the cushioned backrest of the booth bench. Her blue eyes strayed out the large window. Tracing steps, watching the people, analyzing the paths of attack and retreat. What they came to rest on though was the visage of a family. A mother, a father , a 5-year-old son, and a 7-year-old daughter. She watched them as the children ran about, pulling and dragging at their elders as they crossed the street. The mother seemingly exasperated while her husband felt a content grin. It looked like a happy family. The boy did most of the dragging and pointed somewhere in Vento's direction, probably asking to eat in the store she was a patron to. In his eagerness his hands had slipped and he fell on his back. His parents were surprised and kneeled to his aid. But even as they stood him up and nursed the bump on the back of his head with sweet words and caresses, he still cried. In the parents' time of distress, their daughter stepped up and spoke a few words to her younger brother. She gave him a small mussing of the hair and a smile crept up on that baby face again. Truly, had crcumstances been different Vento of the Front would not be in this place.

"Well that's a rare sight.", a voice cut into Vento's thoughts. The clatter of a plastic tray nd the squeak of the pleather bench across announced the return of her companion. Or in this case, she should call him her warden. "Here in academy city, it's usually just students and staff. There are practically no parents living inside.".

She heard him say those things but she did not comment. Waxed paper crinkled gently and the sound of someone taking a huge bite could be heard.

"Aren't you going to eat?".

She paid him no mind.

"Ah, maybe because it's hamburgers and fries. I thought all nuns eat fastfood, maybe I was just basing you off the wrong nun."

His voice held no contempt. No mocking whatsoever. It grated more on her nerves that he used that voice. The one he always used. Honest, clueless but still very sincere in concern. She hated the fact he spoke to her with compassion. "I'm not a nun you heathen monkey.", Vento grunted as she reached for the pile of burgers for the first time. As she lifted her preferred item, she stared incredulously at the tray. A pile of burgers was wrong. It was better to describe it as a mountain. "What in the name of whatever pagan diety you worship is this?".

Brows furrowed in question before the male sitting across her answered honestly, "food."

Vento glared, " that's not what I meant you bone-headed heathen.".

"Ah! I got so used to feeding that nun like this that I ordered for 30 people on reflex!"

"I'm not a nun!", Vento practically screeched at the infuriating man before her. Opposed to the hostility she normally drew out of people, this idiotic sincerity was far harder to deal with. Even if her Divine Punishment were not negated by his right hand, if Kamijou Touma had faced Vento of the Front with this lethal sincerity, she would have been finished. Taking a large bite, she looked out the window again and decided to ignore the fool. She had more pressing matters to think about, like why was she stuck in academy city as a prisoner? And more so under the responsibility of this carefree moron, if his choking on a clump of fries and milkshake were any indication.

"Haa... Such misfortune.", the young man said.

Vento watched him with a critcal eye. Normally, she should be dead. The fact that she wasn't had always confused her to no end. Aleister had no reason to let her live. The other members of God's Right Seat would have collected her if she survived on that rainy 30th September. But neither was the case. When she asked before, the boy had said he pulled some strings. He talked to people into letting her go. He had said she was not bound by the fighting and was free to go. But she didn't. Or more like she couldn't. She had nothing, nowhere tht waited for her. She had nothing to welcome her back with open arms other than her place as the Roman Ctholic Church's ultimate weapon. So he quickly, unhesitatingly grasped her by the arm and told her: "I won't let you go. Until you've made your peace to find your place from a world of bloodshed this right hand of mine will never let you go."

Ever since, she'd lived with him and the index librorum prohibitum. The days passed like a blur. Days where she had to restrain herself from whacking Kamijou with her wind hammer whenever he caught her undressed(on accident), days where she fought against a hungry nun and a cat for lunch and dinner. And despite how hectic they all seemed, they were peaceful days. For someone like her, those lukewarm feelings were something she hated so much. She was a person of spite, of pain, of insults and provocation. She was a weapon. These feelings of normalcy were only rust on her dulling edge.

But she never did figure out. Why? Why did this situation come about? How did Kamijou Touma tke custody of the prisoner known as Vento of the Front. The science side perhaps would aquiesce. Imagine Breaker was something of great importance to them so perhaps there was leeway. As the keeper of the keeper of 103,000 grimoires, perhaps the anglicans pardoned this as well. But what about God's right seat? Why had neither Acqua nor Terra collected her?

"Why?"

"Why what?", kamijou replied cluelessly.

"Why did God's Right Seat abandon me?", Vento felt her voice sound surprisingly bitter.

A heavy silence fell on the table. It was a topic Touma had repeatedly dodged. This time however, there seemed to be no avoiding it. Vento was tired, tired of looking, tired of searching. That place Kmijou spoke of didn't exist. No, the place Vento belonged to did exist. It was the Roman Catholic Church. Her place was their vanguard, their shield that carved a bloody path through a battlefield of non-believers' corpses. As things stood, even that place seemed to abandon her as well. She was utterly lost.

kamijou spoke. His face stern and his tone measured. " they didn't abandon you.", his declaration ringing clearly in her ears. "Acqua of the back collected you after our fight.".

Vento's eyes narrowed into slits, "then why am I still here?".

"Because I asked him to let you go."

"That doesn't sound possible. I know him, he's not the type to be moved by pitiful stories.".

"But he still understood tragedy.", the boy interjected. "He still had honor left in him. He could understand. That your path as God's Right Seat would end meaninglessly. Just suffering and no salvation would reach you. He understood that. He knew your decision to fight was nothing more than penance and self-destruction. That cause doesn't belong on the battlefield."

Hearing that, hearing those words, Vento turned livid. "How dare you! How dare you brush off my reason to fight! How dare you insult my brother's passing by undermining my choices! I fight for revenge!"

"On yourself.", the boy cut her off. "You must understand. You already know since that fight. Science did not kill your brother. Your brother died saving you. No one is to blame. Why are you performing this revenge, that nobody but you wants, on yourself by your own hands!? With that, ren't you just trampling on your brother's feeling?".

Vento opened her mouth to retort. But she couldn't. Her heart burned to rebuke Kamijou, but at the same time his words were understood. Vento was a mess. "What can I do?", she spat out the words like a snake spitting venom. "Why should I be happy when my brother had to suffer? I don't want to be happy. I'm fine with suffering.".

"Then suffer being happy.", Touma smiled. "Atone by living the life he passed on to you. And even if after that you still feel displeased, then I will make you happy for as long as it takes until you accept it."

The last statement reached Vento's ears and her cheeks turned pink. "Uncouth barbaric perverted heathen monkey.", she hissed under her warm pink cheeks. A familiar lukewarm sensation pulsing in her chest. Yes, had circumstances been different, vento would not be in this place. But for now, she didn't mind so much.

Touma tilted his head. He wondered if she understood that he was willing to be her friend.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-06-04 at 11:03.
Old 2013-06-04, 09:34   Link #3636
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I do not understand this statement. Canon in itself seems to have a hard limit to how far augments can push a person's tactical function. At the very best, a person can jump up 1 level.

Take Uiharu for example. Pairing her with Tainaka and a prototype ion cannon that would have just melted itself when fired would be like going from Level 3 (a manifested somewhat useful power) to Level 4 (a power useful in a tactical situation) as she can keep the gun from melting.

But a 4 will always remain a 4 because Level 5 is defined as an unstoppable One Man Army. It is the fanon's stance that current tech levels do not even come close to OMA status, therefore making it impossible for anything to be augmented to Level 5 outside of canon characters by the hand of Kamachi.
Old 2013-06-04, 11:06   Link #3637
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I mean does the system scan still treat him as a level 3 even though the augments boost his powers well into level 5 and awakened state? Relying purely on his own he is level 3, but the power not of an ESPer that suports him allows for a far greater grsp of his power. On its own, the origin cn be archangel class.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:24   Link #3638
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

He'd probably be defined as a 'level 3 who can be augmented to level 5'. Also levels aren't based solely on strength. Potential for further research and overall benefit to society are taken into account as well. Mugino has more destructive power than Misaka, but Misaka has more flexibility and freedom, which is she is ranked higher.
Old 2013-06-04, 15:08   Link #3639
demino_hellsin
That one guy

At his highest ability, I theorize the pyronkinetic is capable of engaging a clean nuclear explosion. O.o
Old 2013-06-05, 12:53   Link #3640
Ilidsor
Angelerator

So I just posted the epilogue to my To Aru/Medaka Box crossover Kumagawa the Number Six

It's a Touma/Yuriko story and knowledge of Medaka Box is not at all needed as Kumagawa is the only character taken from there. So if anybody really wants to read a Touma/Yuriko fic this is the story for you.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction