teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
If I were ...

=o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjunctive_mood

Edit:
Okay, so I just realised you mentioned subjunctive mood in your post. So here's a more specific link for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjunc...s_a_hypothesis
Hehe, thanks. So subjunctive mood is something contrary to the fact... so if I were (correct, right?) to write this:

If I were Yuji Sakai, I would feel very happy
It would be were

But if I were to write this:

The sky is blue if it was black.
Then it would be was.

Am I correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
So I Not Wrong ..Yay
Don't you mean "I Am Not Wrong"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
OMG This The Third Time With Wrong Written Today Thanks...Den
"Wrong Written" is wrong, I think...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 17:57   Link #1022
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Don't you mean "I Am Not Wrong"?
Count 4 Mistake..For Today

Quote:
I Don't Think It Wrong..
Old 2008-01-06, 18:31   Link #1023
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
English is Subject Verb Object

written is a verb, wrong is an adjective in this case and not a noun, and in this case we have an unidentified noun because the sentence is incomplete.

From what I would say normally, it would be "written wrong", cause for me english just just doesn't sound correct like that.

ex. The paper was written wrong.
ex2. The paper was wrong written.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 19:18   Link #1024
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Thanks...Aoie That Mean I'm Right..?
Thanks Jinto Lin For The Advice
Old 2008-01-07, 16:57   Link #1025
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
English is Subject Verb Object

written is a verb, wrong is an adjective in this case and not a noun, and in this case we have an unidentified noun because the sentence is incomplete.

From what I would say normally, it would be "written wrong", cause for me english just just doesn't sound correct like that.

ex. The paper was written wrong.
ex2. The paper was wrong written.
Well, I just checked and "written" would either have to be verb or adjective
So in the case of "The paper was wrong written," it would either be

Subject Verb Adjective Adjective.
Subject Verb Adjective Verb.
Subject Verb Noun Adjective.
Subject Verb Noun Verb.

Which one would it be if it's correct?

Actually... wouldn't be "The paper was wrongly written" be more accurate?

Anyway... a couple of other questions:
I'm looking for a book to read, one that's about computer (for beginner/intermediate) or one that teaches and provides instructions on how to build electronic stuffs, what book would you suggest? (preferably but not required if I can buy it at Borders)

Nvm if that question isn't very legitimate ... (since it's more about asking for recommendation)

This is about image editing, but when doing a render, what would be a good way to extract a background while preserving a one (maybe two)-pixel line (i.e. hair)? I notice I usually still get remnant of extracted backgrounds left

Who is the oldest age and youngest age of the members of AS? The other day I saw someone with a profile of 100 year old...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 17:43   Link #1026
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Who is the oldest age and youngest age of the members of AS? The other day I saw someone with a profile of 100 year old...
This is the Internet, anyone can claim to be any age the s/w allows them to claim. Clearly the 100 years old is a joke, as is the user who claims to be 1 year old.

But this is the wrong place to ask. If you really want to know the claimed ages then please search for the "How Old Are You" thread.

Reminder
Quote:
Rules for this thread:
  1. Only purposeful questions may be posted here. If anyone posts a pointless silly question I will banish your post to the dark side.
  2. While the questions may be silly, only serious answers are allowed. It is embarrassing enough for people to ask these silly things without having to deal with mockery.
  3. No long discussion shall be tolerated here. This is a place for people to find answers.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 16:20   Link #1027
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Going medieval on a bullet proof vest.

It's been bothering me for a while. Can a bullet proof vest protect it's wearer against a sword/knife or other similar weapons?
If the vest can stop almost any bullet, it seems logical that a sword would have no chance. But a small part of my mind doubts that.
So, can anyone, who has deeper knowledge in these sort of things, enlighten me?
Old 2008-01-12, 17:40   Link #1028
Defron
Soy Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
It's been bothering me for a while. Can a bullet proof vest protect it's wearer against a sword/knife or other similar weapons?
If the vest can stop almost any bullet, it seems logical that a sword would have no chance. But a small part of my mind doubts that.
For the most part no, not your run of the mill bullet proof vest.

With ceramic or armor inserts they can and slash resistant kevlar yes (but slash resistant kevlar still fails to stop stabs)

a small snippet from wikipedia
Quote:
Most vests offer little protection against arrows, ice picks, stabbing knife blows, bullets with their points sharpened or armor-piercing rounds. As the force is concentrated in a relatively small area with bladed weapons and armor-piercing rounds, they can push through the weave of most bullet-resistant fabrics. Specially-designed vests which protect against bladed weapons and sharp objects are often used in vests for prison guards and other law enforcement officers. Some materials like Dyneema offer considerable protection against bladed weapons and slash attacks.
Defron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 18:20   Link #1029
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Now if a a show is not licensed and it's not subbed, then which section of the forum does it go? Does it go to the unaired section because I trying to make a Raijinoh thread but so far nobody subbed it and it's not licensed.
Old 2008-01-12, 18:36   Link #1030
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Now if a a show is not licensed and it's not subbed, then which section of the forum does it go? Does it go to the unaired section because I trying to make a Raijinoh thread but so far nobody subbed it and it's not licensed.
It goes in the Unaired forum (since it includes unaired and unfansubbed series).
Quote:
Has the series aired yet?
No - Thread belongs in the Unaired forum
Yes - Go to next question

Has the series been licensed yet?
Yes - Thread belongs in the Licensed forum
No - Go to next question

Has the series been fansubbed yet?
Yes - Thread belongs in the Fansubbed forum
No - Thread belongs in the Unaired forum.
Unaired
Forum for discussing anime that haven't aired yet or haven't been fansubbed yet.
Old 2008-01-12, 18:51   Link #1031
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
http://www.nlectc.org/BatPro/

Offers you a database of tested body armor of different levels of balistic and stab protection. Usually stab protection won't protect against ballistic and vice versa.
The main reason is speed. A bullet will impact at very high speeds, causing a short but extremely intensive impact. Material against balistics tries to spread/consume the impact energy through elastic deformation. For armor piercing bullets ceramics/aramid is used (similar to composit armor on battle tanks, I am not sure if there is already some reactive body armor out there, I doubt it though). Stabbing weapons have a rather slow impact speed. So these weapons can provide high levels of penetration energy for longer timespans. So the material should not be brittle (ceramics) or supple (kevlar/aramid).

Last edited by Jinto; 2008-01-12 at 19:07.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 22:44   Link #1032
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Here's a question that I've recently been wondering about. I'd like to share some of my digital photography with the forum and receive feedback about style and technique. I should probably go to a forum dedicated to digital photography, but I'm pretty attached to this one and don't really care to be going between multiple forums. So here's the question - I initially made a post about it in the tech support forum as it is somewhat a technical issue (or at the least, it deals with technology), but would it be better off and would it be acceptable to start a thread about it in the fan creations forum? It's not anime art but I suppose that it is technically a fan creation, and reading over the forum rules it seems that the forum does not discriminate against non-anime subject material and it is designed for giving artists feedback from people.
Old 2008-01-13, 00:42   Link #1033
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Here's a question that I've recently been wondering about. I'd like to share some of my digital photography with the forum and receive feedback about style and technique. I should probably go to a forum dedicated to digital photography, but I'm pretty attached to this one and don't really care to be going between multiple forums. So here's the question - I initially made a post about it in the tech support forum as it is somewhat a technical issue (or at the least, it deals with technology), but would it be better off and would it be acceptable to start a thread about it in the fan creations forum? It's not anime art but I suppose that it is technically a fan creation, and reading over the forum rules it seems that the forum does not discriminate against non-anime subject material and it is designed for giving artists feedback from people.
I would probably recommend you try deviantart first and try here after you have posted your photos there, and link your account from there to here in your signature and other forums you go to.

That I think is the best way.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2008-01-13, 02:58   Link #1034
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

There is the Photographs thread. I'ld go there for discussion of (digital) photography.
Old 2008-01-13, 03:41   Link #1035
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Would it be acceptable to start a thread about it in the fan creations forum? It's not anime art but I suppose that it is technically a fan creation, and reading over the forum rules it seems that the forum does not discriminate against non-anime subject material and it is designed for giving artists feedback from people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
There is the Photographs thread. I'ld go there for discussion of (digital) photography.
Starting a thread in the Fan Creation forum would be acceptable. Another would be that if you can justify a reason for a Digital Photography thread (different in purpose to the one Jinto Lin mentioned above), then create it in the General Chat forum.

As mentioned, there would have to be a good reason why it requires a separate thread but as far as I can see the Photographs thread is for posting and commenting on the photographs themselves, would a digital photography thread require more of a technical discussion than just "here are my pictures"? If you just wanted to make a personal "Here are my pictures" thread then Fan Creations would be better suited but if you wanted to expand the topic to discussion about digital photography as well as the visual result, then a thread in General Chat would be OK. If so, just make sure the opening posts defines the purpose of the thread well enough.
Old 2008-01-13, 03:55   Link #1036
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

IIRC correctly, ChibiDusk once made a thread on FC subforum regarding his none anime artwork ( mostly abstract art ) using Photoshop .. So I dont think its such a bad idea too.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 20:22   Link #1037
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Starting a thread in the Fan Creation forum would be acceptable. Another would be that if you can justify a reason for a Digital Photography thread (different in purpose to the one Jinto Lin mentioned above), then create it in the General Chat forum.
I hadn't realized that we had a photography thread - thank you Jinto Lin for linking to it. That thread certainly covers my desire to share my pictures, although there seems to be very little discussion about technique and the pictures themselves. Since it's acceptable, I may create my own thread in the fan creations section for images that I would like feedback on, and help to keep the photography thread alive with other pictures.

As to whether digital photography would require a separate thread, I don't think so. If people were having highly technical discussions about the cameras and the technology, then it probably would. Most people these days are using digital cameras, so I don't think that there'd be an issue even then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
I would probably recommend you try deviantart first and try here after you have posted your photos there, and link your account from there to here in your signature and other forums you go to.
That may be the best idea for receiving fully artsy commentary. I do actually have a DeviantArt account that I used while I was actively doing 3D render art. I'd have to see if DeviantArt changed their policies, but it makes me uneasy for photos - their policy was basically that they owned whatever you uploaded to them. For 3D it was fine, as the images are just an output. Your 3D models were what was really important. DeviantArt wouldn't get your models just because you uploaded a picture using them. With a photo, it's a bit different. Still, I'll consider it. Thank you for the idea!
Old 2008-01-13, 20:37   Link #1038
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I hadn't realized that we had a photography thread - thank you Jinto Lin for linking to it.
You haven't noticed the big bad sticky thread Index have you...
Old 2008-01-13, 21:01   Link #1039
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
You haven't noticed the big bad sticky thread Index have you...
You see my join date, you think I read things that I think were always there and probably looked at?
Old 2008-01-13, 23:51   Link #1040
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:

That may be the best idea for receiving fully artsy commentary. I do actually have a DeviantArt account that I used while I was actively doing 3D render art. I'd have to see if DeviantArt changed their policies, but it makes me uneasy for photos - their policy was basically that they owned whatever you uploaded to them. For 3D it was fine, as the images are just an output. Your 3D models were what was really important. DeviantArt wouldn't get your models just because you uploaded a picture using them. With a photo, it's a bit different. Still, I'll consider it. Thank you for the idea!
Is that true? Deviantart owns all that is uploaded their site? I don't remember reading that. Can you spare me a link? I couldn't really find it on their faqs.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious