AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-13, 09:39   Link #1021
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell1025 View Post
But I don't buy much into this Suzaku's a superhuman idea. He's just a determined and skilled Knightmare pilot right now, and perhaps, that thing with C.C might just be a side effect of them making indirect contact earlier in Season 1
You don't need to buy into it. It's probably better this way, so when Sunrise get the "big surprise event" it would have the desired effect.

Just don't be surprised if your views lose out to the views of the director.
Old 2008-05-13, 09:59   Link #1022
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I'm thinking it's more of an impulsive thing.

Seriously, stop making Suzaku some sort of robot. Although what he does is frustrating to viewers, he has his clear logic that quite a few people would actually agree to if it wasn't for our hero Lelouch.
From what we saw it seemed to be a spur of the moment thing.

Suzaku pleads with his dad to stop the war, Genbu punches him away and turns around, then Suzaku runs him through with a knife.

Quote:
Essentially, someone asked if Suzaku is a human. And Sunrise said yes. This is after revealing Suzaku's physical capabilities are mysterious, unnatural, and not to be discussed until the plot gets there.
Suzaku has more secrets than Lelouch holds himself. Whatever his origins are it better link to why he was kept a secret from the public and who his mother was.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 10:02   Link #1023
Lowell1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You don't need to buy into it. It's probably better this way, so when Sunrise get the "big surprise event" it would have the desired effect.

Just don't be surprised if your views lose out to the views of the director.
Well, his dad was a politician, and as general consensus goes.........politicians don't give birth to superhumans....they give birth to many things but not that

Suzaku's ultimate role in this series is still quiet unclear. Will he bring about major change that'll define the series? Or will he just be a skilled knightmare pilot and support char of some sort until the end?

By the way, nearly all of his Lancelot launching scenes are made as if a savior or a very important char is entering the stage, while his role in the series doesn't give me that impression of him at all. BAH

BTW2, happy to still see you around after all these years Vall, and Wingdarkness too. Hope you still remember me from the days this forum was being burnt down by G SEED and GSD discussions..... hahaha
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 10:19   Link #1024
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
I'm thinking it's more of an impulsive thing.

Seriously, stop making Suzaku some sort of robot. Although what he does is frustrating to viewers, he has his clear logic that quite a few people would actually agree to if it wasn't for our hero Lelouch.
Honestly, if Suzaku is following a clear course of logic, he must have reached the conclusion that if he really wants to change the Empire internally, he would be at direct odds with the Emperor himself.

If he hasn't reached this conclusion, then he is more naive than previously thought. How can you wish for a peaceful state when the Britannia Empire itself represents aggression, oppression, and warfare? Not just in Area 11, but around the whole world. To truly make changes, you have to change the culture and the decisions, which would mean changes at the top.

Euphie/Nunnally/Suzaku's wish for a better Area 11 would be scrapped as soon as the Emperor wishes it so.

Maybe all this loyalty for the Emperor is just a charade, and Suzaku ends up taking out the Emperor in the end. That way he can add regicide along with his patricide. Maybe Suzaku becomes the new Emperor that leads Britannia and Japan into a new peaceful era. All Hail Emperor Suzaku.

Ugh, I feel sick.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-05-13 at 10:30.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 13:19   Link #1025
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Honestly, if Suzaku is following a clear course of logic, he must have reached the conclusion that if he really wants to change the Empire internally, he would be at direct odds with the Emperor himself.

If he hasn't reached this conclusion, then he is more naive than previously thought. How can you wish for a peaceful state when the Britannia Empire itself represents aggression, oppression, and warfare? Not just in Area 11, but around the whole world. To truly make changes, you have to change the culture and the decisions, which would mean changes at the top.

Euphie/Nunnally/Suzaku's wish for a better Area 11 would be scrapped as soon as the Emperor wishes it so.

Maybe all this loyalty for the Emperor is just a charade, and Suzaku ends up taking out the Emperor in the end. That way he can add regicide along with his patricide. Maybe Suzaku becomes the new Emperor that leads Britannia and Japan into a new peaceful era. All Hail Emperor Suzaku.

Ugh, I feel sick.
These invasions all in the name of evolution are a facade to acquire Geass ruins for another purpose and he's allowed the corrupt bureactrats to run the other Areas because as General Bartfield noted, he's focusing a lot on them.

Assuming he achieves his objective (Which is to kill god) then what happens afterwards? Britannia ceases its conquests? Pulls out of the areas? We don't know just as much as we don't know what Suzaku wants.

First he says he wants to change the world yet he seems to be focusing more on Japan.
Old 2008-05-13, 15:31   Link #1026
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

It's much more likely that Suzaku is a cyborg made for war.

Analysing combat level for Suzaku....

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAANNNNNDD!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 15:38   Link #1027
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Already confirmed he isn't by the main writer, Okouchi.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 15:42   Link #1028
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Maybe he owe his super human physical abilities to exposure to kryptonite when he was young?
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 15:45   Link #1029
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No, he was given his abilties when he was a kid and it seems they are related to Geass.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-13, 16:12   Link #1030
Sol Falling

You know, I'm pretty sure there was much more to Suzaku's decision to commit patricide than just some impulse. It was already stated in picture book 23.95 that he planned it. Looking through the sound dramas, child Suzaku actually demonstrates quite a bit of depth in terms of issues of powerlessness and growing up.

When Suzaku met Lelouch, and saw his determination to take care of himself and Nunally without any help from other people, he felt ashamed of his belief that children couldn't do anything. Suzaku was used to being talked down to by his father, to paying respect to his elders like Todou at his dojo. Being regularly exposed to all the political dealings that his family was in charge of, and yet understanding very little of it, Suzaku developed a fairly passive attitude. However, through his interactions with Lelouch who was determined to control his own destiny, to achieve things with his own hands and 'truly live', Suzaku came to understand that the humility and small-mindedness of 'I'm just a child' was holding him back.

Suzaku's patricide was probably part of a learning process for him, an event where he decided for himself what was right and wrong and stood up for his beliefs. However, even though his perceptions about his father were not necessarily mistaken, and even though his patricide was not necessarily a bad move, Suzaku could not accept the ramifications of his actions. Seeing what happened when he took things into his own hands, Suzaku probably reverted, grew less sure of himself, fell back into his previous attitude of paying respect to his elders. This development was probably a principle part of forming Suzaku's later attitude of deference to authority and following the rules.

It's all a pretty clear cut path of Suzaku's psychological development and the creation of his belief system. Suzaku's patricide wasn't just some random occurence, didn't come out of nowhere, but rather had its basis in Suzaku's upbringing and friendship with Lelouch, and it had far reaching effects on the way he thought for years afterwards.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 16:34   Link #1031
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

I'm pretty confident that Suzaku didn't planned on killing his father. He PLANNED on talking with his father to end the war and persuade him but I'm sure the knife was a last ditch measure (I mean you can't exactly carry a knife that big on a small child right?)
Old 2008-05-13, 17:03   Link #1032
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:

Ugh, I feel sick.

You missed one important thing: The Knight of One can rule is also granted an area of control by the Emperor himself and is allowed to request any area under Britannian rule. Suzaku's goal is to be the Knight of One, and rule Area 11.

You haven't forgotten that, have you?

Also, change the "world" here means change HIS world, not the ENTIRE world.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 17:08   Link #1033
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So he's really only changing it for himself and maybe some lucky people? That actually sounds pretty close to the kind of person that Taniguchi has been portraying Suzaku as.

Old 2008-05-13, 17:10   Link #1034
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
So he's really only changing it for himself and maybe some lucky people? That actually sounds pretty close to the kind of person that Taniguchi has been portraying Suzaku as.
I would think it'll be more than "some lucky people", but the basic idea is the same.
Old 2008-05-13, 17:13   Link #1035
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, an entire nation but it's still only a select group of people really. This is sort of the problem I had with the SAR in that it really would only help Japan and just leave the world on its own.

Old 2008-05-13, 17:13   Link #1036
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:

Ugh, I feel sick.
Does it even have to be this deep? I mean honestly, can’t the dude just be trying to do the best that he can? You’re all acting like you would have every stone over-turned with every contingency for every potential thing that happens…Sometimes you go with your gut and just do the best you can…He knew he wasn’t gonna go about a route that required him to approach the situation like Lulu, so he went about it the best way he knew how and met a girl who solidified his pure intention…Now that doesn’t make him any less annoying when he says things like “There’s no need for forgiveness,” to Karen then doesn’t even try to take her out…Or pretend like he’s giving people a choice before he pwns them in Lancelot, but it’s not like you can prepare for everything and he’s just trying to go about it in his own flawed little way like most of humans tend to do (see Lulu)...
Old 2008-05-13, 17:16   Link #1037
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I'm pretty confident that Suzaku didn't planned on killing his father. He PLANNED on talking with his father to end the war and persuade him but I'm sure the knife was a last ditch measure (I mean you can't exactly carry a knife that big on a small child right?)
These are Suzaku's lines during picture book 23.95:

"I should have spoken to you. I should have told you what I was going to do. That's what I thought...but at that moment, I couldn't bring myself to say it. Maybe that was why, when you said those words, I somehow felt a feeling of salvation."

"Suzaku...Suzaku...I...will destroy Britannia!"

"Then I felt a tinge of sorrow in me. I could not answer your pledge to me. I was going to commit patricide. Perhaps it was the wrong answer. I know. I knew full well. But..."

:P Pretty explicit, right? But you know, I really don't understand why people have a problem with Suzaku doing it on purpose. Family is important, but its the way of the world that there are cruel and heartless people, even if they might be your parents. Suzaku killed his father. Lelouch wants to kill his father. It's all the same, the right or wrong of it.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 17:17   Link #1038
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
You missed one important thing: The Knight of One can rule is also granted an area of control by the Emperor himself and is allowed to request any area under Britannian rule. Suzaku's goal is to be the Knight of One, and rule Area 11.

You haven't forgotten that, have you?

Also, change the "world" here means change HIS world, not the ENTIRE world.

But, if the Emperor wishes to get rid of that with that, does he not have that power?

Change only his world and screw the rest? So are you saying that Suzaku is not only small-minded, but he is also hypocritical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Does it even have to be this deep? I mean honestly, can’t the dude just be trying to do the best that he can? You’re all acting like you would have every stone over-turned with every contingency for every potential thing that happens…Sometimes you go with your gut and just do the best you can…He knew he wasn’t gonna go about a route that required him to approach the situation like Lulu, so he went about it the best way he knew how and met a girl who solidified his pure intention…Now that doesn’t make him any less annoying when he says things like “There’s no need for forgiveness,” to Karen then doesn’t even try to take her out…Or pretend like he’s giving people a choice before he pwns them in Lancelot, but it’s not like you can prepare for everything and he’s just trying to go about it in his own flawed little way like most of humans tend to do (see Lulu)...
Everyone is flawed, but the problem with Suzaku is that his ideals and actions are contradictory, and he doesn't realize it. Either Suzaku is half-assing his thoughts and explanations, or Sunrise half-assed them. As flawed as Lulu is, the viewers don't have great confusion in regards to his character.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 17:18   Link #1039
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

You're just getting that he is a hypocrite now?

Old 2008-05-13, 17:22   Link #1040
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
But, if the Emperor wishes to get rid of that with that, does he not have that power?
I probably DOES have the power. However, would you think that in a absolute monarchy, there would be no "honor" when it comes to positions.

Quote:
Change only his world and screw the rest? So are you saying that Suzaku is not only small-minded, but he is also hypocritical?
He's human. A normal human would think only of his small world.