AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 01:36   Link #1441
Terizent
Nonsense!

Can anyone confirm episode 2's date? Because Akane's clock (Screenshot) says 11.5 Wednesday, which does not make sense if you take it to mean November 5th, 2112. November 5th 2112 is a Saturday; on the other hand May 11th 2112 is a Wednesday.

What's even more baffling is that when Akane's eating breakfast, the date seems to have changed to 11/21 (Screenshot).

Additionally, in episode 3, we see in the graph that it is OCTOBER 2112 (Screenshot), which is really confusing. Is IG just too lazy to care about keeping dates in order, or is this being done purposely?
Old 2012-11-10, 02:27   Link #1442
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Ha, ep 2 (10:26), Akane filling out her report: The date of incident [of ep 1's incident, ie. the day before...] is Oct 4th.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure not everyone is on the same page of what date it is .
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 03:46   Link #1443
Terizent
Nonsense!

Welp, that could work. October 5th 2112 would also be a Wednesday, so taking that into account, our current timeline would look like this:

October 4 2112-Akane's first day at CID. Random rapist is killed. Episode 1.
October 5 2112-Akane's second day at CID. Episode 2. Additionally, Talisman is murdered and flushed down the toilet.
Sometime during October-CID investigates a drone factory. The month is shown in a graph. Episode 3.
December 5 2112-2 months after Talisman's death, the CID investigates his house. Episode 4.
----Sometime in the night between these two dates, Spooky Boogey is murdered.
December 6 2122-The case continues into the next day. Midou is killed. Episode 5.
Old 2012-11-10, 20:27   Link #1444
Kiavik

I.G. has simply been inconsistent with the dates and I hope that they fix them on the blu-rays. However, since in episode 2 Candy (the jellyfish thingie) explicitly tells Akane it is november 5th (they couldn't have fucked even THAT up) I guess the series officially starts on november 4th.
Kiavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 01:01   Link #1445
jwai

Does anyone else think that Akane is turning into a bit of a Mary Sue character? Top grades, doesn't get unnerved or traumatised easily, doesn't get drunk easily, doesn't get embarrassed when romantic allusions are made about her and a male colleague...
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 11:15   Link #1446
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Does anyone else think that Akane is turning into a bit of a Mary Sue character? Top grades, doesn't get unnerved or traumatised easily
She was specifically recruited to this position (which is an elite posting within the police) because she had top grades and is mentally resistant to Trauma. It wouldn't make any sense for a system like Sybill to give Akane high ranks for this job if she WAS susceptible to mental trauma.

Akane not being mentally resilient would be like someone under five feet playing in the NBA. Or someone who was intrinsically a coward who panicked under the lightest pressure being selected to be a special force soldier.
Quote:
doesn't get drunk easily
Some people just don't get drunk easily.
Quote:
doesn't get embarrassed when romantic allusions are made about her and a male colleague...
That's called being a fucking adult!

So Akane is a Mary Sue because
-She's qualified to actually do her job
-She happens to not easily get drunk
-She doesn't react like a teenage girl to romance

okay
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 11:36   Link #1447
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
In addition to what Roger Rambo wrote, it's not like Akane is curbstomping the opposition. Far from it, in fact.

She totally botched things up in Episode 4, and her partners had much more to do with the successful criminal elimination in Episode 5 than what Akane did. If anything, Akane has been riding on the coattails of the more experienced Enforcers for every episode except Episode 1 (where Akane admittedly was a key difference-maker).

So there's no way at all that I could picture Akane as a Mary Sue.
Old 2012-11-18, 11:49   Link #1448
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
In addition to what Roger Rambo wrote, it's not like Akane is curbstomping the opposition. Far from it, in fact.

She totally botched things up in Episode 4, and her partners had much more to do with the successful criminal elimination in Episode 5 than what Akane did. If anything, Akane has been riding on the coattails of the more experienced Enforcers for every episode except Episode 1 (where Akane admittedly was a key difference-maker).

Despite excelling at everything, I still don't picture Akane as a Mary Sue as well. The way she portrays her job as an Inspector seemed pretty hard on her but it was depicted in a realistic manner, IMO.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 11:53   Link #1449
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Which is how it's supposed to be. The investigators are technically only the people restraining and keeping the Enforcers in line. THEY'RE the ones usually making the intuition about criminal behavior, and going in to make arrests.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 23:56   Link #1450
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Not exactly sure where to post this but apparently /a/ looked up all of Shogo's books and found out that they're quite expensive.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 13:53   Link #1451
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
http://psycho-pass.com/chimi-game/
Anybody tried this app? As far as I understand something was already released for Apple iSeries.
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/saik...l=ja&ls=1&mt=8
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 19:17   Link #1452
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Madoka spoilers ahoy...

Spoiler for madoka spoilers:
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 10:21   Link #1453
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Not exactly sure where to post this but apparently /a/ looked up all of Shogo's books and found out that they're quite expensive.
Interesting! And what I find most interesting about it is that he's got two copies of Nineteen Eighty-Four. Which means that the writers are blatantly and deliberately drawing attention to that story...And goodness knows that there are parallels between that and Psycho-Pass.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 11:50   Link #1454
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Interesting! And what I find most interesting about it is that he's got two copies of Nineteen Eighty-Four. Which means that the writers are blatantly and deliberately drawing attention to that story...And goodness knows that there are parallels between that and Psycho-Pass.
Totalitarianism, thought control, etc. Take your pick. Books like Nineteen Eighty-Four and Brave New World, are often referenced in dystopian societies such as Psycho-Pass'. But if we're looking for more immediate inspiration, I think someone in one of the episode threads made an interesting case for Masamune Shirow's Appleseed.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 02:14   Link #1455
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Whoa, the crimes depicted in Psycho Pass are disturbing (especially with the most recent episode). I have a bit of a hard time watching each episode.

But the part where Akane stared absentmindedly at Kogami's six-pack was funny - and made for a slight relief in the overall high-strung episodes.

It'll be quite a movie if PP was made into live-action with Hollywood budget.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 05:14   Link #1456
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I have a bit of a hard time watching each episode.
You'll get used at gen urobucher's style soon enough. I can't wait to see who's going to bite the dust next time.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 08:37   Link #1457
Jaden

Wow, best anime of the season, out of nowhere. I love anime originals and Urobuchi Gen.
Old 2012-11-30, 13:25   Link #1458
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
I can't wait to see who's going to bite the dust next time.
I'm thinking someone in the main cast will be a target soon enough. Can't imagine them all going through unscathed, especially for a series like this.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:58   Link #1459
Kirarakim

I expect Gino is not going to make it through unscathed.
Old 2012-11-30, 17:58   Link #1460
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I'm thinking someone in the main cast will be a target soon enough. Can't imagine them all going through unscathed, especially for a series like this.
For some reason i'm thinking that kougami and tsunemori will fight in the end and tsunemori will die or everyone dies except of kougami leading to the confrontation with makishima just like what happened in the intro of episode 1 .And It seems that this is the first time that makishima met kougami.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, psychological, science fiction, thriller