AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-31, 14:10   Link #1
parn34
Inactive Member

[Violinist of Hamelin] best manga ever, and worst anime ever....

not sure if anyone read the manga and seen the anime for this serie, i've read the whole serie of the manga, all i can say is, that its one of the best serie i've ever read, great storyline, great style, and i can say its the funnist manga ever!
But the anime its a complete failure.....no offense but its the worst piece of shit i've ever seen.....what happened to all the funny parts??they changed the storyline, and the characterstic of the character, but thats still fine if they did a good job on it. But instead you can't even call it a anime, its just a slide show....bad voice acting, bad anime....Pony canyon has made the worst piece of shit in the history of anime.....Its a pain in the ass to watch it...i love the maga so much, i felt so bad that the anime turn out like this....

Last edited by parn34; 2003-12-31 at 16:32.
parn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 14:40   Link #2
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by parn34
not sure if anyone seen both the manga and the anime for this serie, i've seen the whole serie of the manga, all i can say is, that its one of the best serie i've ever seen, great storyline, great style, and i can say its the funnist manga ever!
But the anime its a complete failure.....no offense but its the worst piece of shit i've ever seen.....what happened to all the funny parts??they changed the storyline, and the characterstic of the character, but thats still fine if they did a good job on it. But instead you can't even call it a anime, its just a slide show....bad voice acting, bad anime....Pony canyon has made the worst piece of shit in the history of anime.....Its a pain in the ass to watch it...i love the maga so much, i felt so bad that the anime turn out like this....

You live a very sad life if you believe it was necisarry for you to register for the forums just to insult one of my favourite shows.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 15:03   Link #3
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
You live a very sad life if you believe it was necisarry for you to register for the forums just to insult one of my favourite shows.
wow, you must have a very sad life if thats ur favor show.....
no offense, i'm not sure if u seen the manga of it or not, but anyone who have seen it would say this anime is nothing but trash...i've seen better fan made animes than this....
Old 2003-12-31, 15:05   Link #4
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
Sorry, but I have to agree, the manga was incredible compared to the anime. ^^';
LBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 15:07   Link #5
Diego

Manga?

Quote:
not sure if anyone seen both the manga and the anime for this serie, i've seen the whole serie of the manga, all i can say is, that its one of the best serie i've ever seen, great storyline, great style, and i can say its the funnist manga ever!
Ive been told that Manga is what u read, but its something u watch? Can u explain to me what the EXACT difference is between manga & anime?

Anyways... where can I get this manga of violonist of hamelin.. I loved the anime :|
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 15:08   Link #6
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Well uh, the movie anime was pretty funny...
Ballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 15:19   Link #7
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego
Ive been told that Manga is what u read, but its something u watch? Can u explain to me what the EXACT difference is between manga & anime?

Anyways... where can I get this manga of violonist of hamelin.. I loved the anime :|
the difference is really big, the whole entire story starts completle different, hamelin knew he was son of the demon king from the begining in the comic, and the story is very upbeat, is so funny that u should not eat anything when u read it...cause u know u'll bite ur touge or split something on the computer...

i've read the chinese version of the serie, but my friend told me there is some group did some fansub of the manga, i'll try to post the link later if i can find it, u can also try search for it...i can promise u that this is gonna be the best manga u've seen in ur life! way better than the anime....
Old 2003-12-31, 15:20   Link #8
sothis

i haven't read the manga, but i will agree with you that the anime did have many failing parts.

number one, which you mentioned, is the EXTREME use of still shots. EXTREME! i had hoped that once the series progressed, that less than half to two-thirds of each episode would stop being still shots, but nope.

plus, it was too depressing. it ranked up there with sai kano as being excessive.

if the still shots had been gone, and the depression had been toned down, though, it would have been pretty good. i enjoyed the story and the musical aspects of the series.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 15:21   Link #9
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz
Well uh, the movie anime was pretty funny...
i've not seen the movie yet, but i'll try it, i wish its not like the slide show anime.....
Old 2003-12-31, 15:21   Link #10
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
I enjoyed editing the manga, too bad it was canceled though.

http://www.abildsoe.com/manga/ <== this place has up to vol 6
LBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 15:27   Link #11
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
i haven't read the manga, but i will agree with you that the anime did have many failing parts.

number one, which you mentioned, is the EXTREME use of still shots. EXTREME! i had hoped that once the series progressed, that less than half to two-thirds of each episode would stop being still shots, but nope.

plus, it was too depressing. it ranked up there with sai kano as being excessive.

if the still shots had been gone, and the depression had been toned down, though, it would have been pretty good. i enjoyed the story and the musical aspects of the series.
in the manga, hamelin was a funny guy, his character was simlar to the main character of bastard, looks cool on the outside but retarded on the inside, most of the jokes were from him...but in the anime they completle changed him.....taking all the fun out of the serie...
Old 2003-12-31, 18:06   Link #12
manpurse
Goldstar gun.

Aha, time for the fan to come up to bat. :D

I didn't like the manga all that much (gasp! shock!). However, I'm a big fan of the anime. It's just opinion, people. Everyone's entiled to one; no need to get riled up about that. ;D

Personally, I found the manga humor a bit too crude for my tastes. The art was attractive in some places, but too messy in others. While the anime's use of still shots is a bit off-putting, what art it does have can be quite beautiful. My Flute cel is gorgeous!

The anime has a deep, gripping storyline. EVERY character is tortured in some way, which is just how I like it. ;0 I love the darkness that pervades each and every minute of Hameln. The use of classical music adds a beautiful touch (the soundtracks and Vocal album are GREAT!), the first OP is catchy, the second is moving, and the vocal cast is highly emotional (they'd have to be!).

Oh! And the ending is superb. :D

So, yeah. Violinist of Hameln anime ALL THE WAY! 3NA FANSUBS, BABY! :9 *waves VHS*
manpurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 18:44   Link #13
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
i've not seen the movie yet, but i'll try it, i wish its not like the slide show anime.....
It isn't.
Ballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 19:15   Link #14
Rebochan
Clubbing

Quote:
wow, you must have a very sad life if thats ur favor show.....
You must have a truly sad life if you have nothing better to do than judge people entirely by their taste in anime. Even sadder to enter a forum for the sole purpose of proclaiming a series a piece of s***. There's a difference between starting a discussion on the merits or lack there of for a series, and just starting a flame war. I think it's clear what intent your initial post had.
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 19:41   Link #15
Zippy-DSM

Send a message via ICQ to Zippy-DSM Send a message via AIM to Zippy-DSM Send a message via Yahoo to Zippy-DSM
I liked the show it was ok depressing end but in all not to bad,
the manga sounds fun tho!

Last edited by Zippy-DSM; 2003-12-31 at 21:30.
Zippy-DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 21:28   Link #16
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebochan
You must have a truly sad life if you have nothing better to do than judge people entirely by their taste in anime. Even sadder to enter a forum for the sole purpose of proclaiming a series a piece of s***. There's a difference between starting a discussion on the merits or lack there of for a series, and just starting a flame war. I think it's clear what intent your initial post had.
hey i'm not trying to a start a war here, i never said i was, if u like the anime fine great, but i sat there watching the animated version of my favor manga turned into something like this....just the second episode alone gave me a headache...i mean it doesn't make sense....i've seen a lot of animes and i also study animation in college, i mean the frame of this anime is totally off, the scene they edited it a complete failure...like someone's head pop in out of no where when someone else is speaking...and too many still shots...all i can say is that the creator of the anime is really lazy.....they just add in a bunch of stuff when they did their editing... and most of all the voice is bad...not the voice actor but the quilty, i don't think they did the voice in a industry standard studio... and u guys like deep storylines?...wow where does the story first came from??the manga!!and someone said theat they liked the anime because its depressing...not sure if u seen the manga after Vol. 20? if u did u'll know which is more depressing, don't judge what i said until u read the entire serie of the manga cause i've seen the entire serie of the anime and read the entire serie of the manga, and this is the result i came up. I'm not trying to start anything but if u just seen like 6 vol of the manga then u really don't know what the manga is like, its around 37 VOl in total, read them all then argu with me, like i said in the beging, this anime is crap when u compare it to the manga, i've seen worst anime, but a great manga trun out like this...come on...u know the ranma1/2 anime is better than this, and thats based on a popular manga( i'm not talking about storyline here, just the technique they used for the anime)
Old 2003-12-31, 21:33   Link #17
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Hurrah! You all bit!

My flame bait was most effective.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 21:39   Link #18
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Hurrah! You all bit!

My flame bait was most effective.
good job on the flame bait.... come on ppl its new year here chill a bit...if u like the anime great!! i'm not saying its bad on its own, but if you read the whole serie of the manga maybe u'll understand me more... it like hearing a news about a drama of ur favor novel is coming out, but then it turn out with action scene like what they had in sailor moon live action... then you'll understand how i felt
Old 2003-12-31, 21:59   Link #19
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Actually, it depends on opininon but both the anime and manga does certain things better.

The anime has the upperhand in several areas including music (whcih was a somewhat key component to the series), presentation, and a more visually appealing look despite stills. Writing of character dialogue and interaction is in general much stronger. Yasuhiro Imagawa was the writer for the series if I recall.

However, the manga does have a much more expansive storyline because it was allowed to play out all the way. Also, the comedy was a very nice change of pace from the serious areas of the manga series and gave me a good chuckle.

Both have a fair amount of problems. The anime never had the chance to play out all the way (I believe it was meant for 100+ episodes but it was only given 25 episodes and a horribly small budget to do the series. Don't quote me on that) hence a huge amount of plotholes and a much more strained storyline. Budget issues forced the usage of cels for most of the series. I mean come on, Studio Deen was the ones that animated it and with their track record, you know the budget had to be really small.

Anyway, the manga suffers in a few areas. The art is rather garrish, writing in the manga isn't terribly good, and the presentation is outright awful in comparison to the anime. Watanabe also has a tendency to drag out a few situations or avoid ones for way too long which is really annoying considering some of the story pieces.

The fact that the series is based on a musical premise and is in a manga form is almost horrifying. I love the series but jeez, what was he thinking.

At any rate, the "best" Hameln would be the fusion of the presentation, music, and writing of the anime with the storyline and comedy (in less of a crude form) of the manga.

Oh, the anime and manga endings were both really good. The anime gets a thumbs up for what they did, and the manga gets a thumbs up for making me laugh when all was said and done.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 22:22   Link #20
parn34
Inactive Member

so they had a small budget to do the anime....no wonder...hahaha
the music in the anime is great, but that doesn't make the anime great since they didn't compose them..they are well known piece composed by some of the most famous musician.
like what i said, if they can take the still shots out, and do take time do the anime, the camera angle of the secene and all, it would be great.
i was amazed by the opening of the first episode, where they had the battle with evil king number 2, but after that was just disapointment...