4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 3.92%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-29, 15:22   Link #541
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Nice to see Hal, to bad they didn't merge. But I guess they couldn't let that happen, he'd end up owning Ribbons instead of Setsuna. Too bad Al/Marie aren't meisters anymore... until the movie of course.

Would've been badass too if they kept Exia's cloak.

The innovator during the UN thing (probably just Tieria's innovade watcher) + Jupiter light is kinda unsettling. But if shouldn't be bad right? Tieria already has control of Veda, there couldn't be any surprises. Besides ZA PAWA isn't evil...

lol at Hillary as president.

Is it me or did Pat/Kati kinda look like those Tieria/Neil fanarts? Patrick lives make sense since the Gagas pummeled Al and Marie, and they didn't do that much damage.

Most likely Ribbons got crushed/decapitated by the GN sword, it'd be too gory to show that. Only ones allowed are disintegration or headshots. The drive+gundam exploded, Exia didn't. If Ribbons stayed, he'd be dead from getting exploded in the face. Running out of the cockpit would've been a sure way to die since he won't have any shielding, even less than in a exposed cockpit (Setsuna's position). Only plausible counter argument is he jumps out before they clash, which explains why the beam saber didn't hit head on/do that much damage. Even then, he would've died like Neil anyways.

Hilling death was fun to watch. I'm guessing she really was Ribbons' love interest.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:22   Link #542
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
alright I watched the episode again finally in good quality.

The good:
-nice MS battle with the 00/reborn, arios/garazzo, cheridium/gadessa
-bonus round, we get to see the 0 gundam/exia dream fight.
-Movie in 2010
-Everyone seems to have a very short ending.

the bad:
-There was absolutely no reason to go from a 00/reborn fight to a exia/0 gundam fight. For one thing, ribbons could of easily sabre stabbed the 00's cockpit if he has time to recover a cleaved-off GN drive. My interpretation is that this was simply a marketing tool because we see the exia w/ GN sword III and 0 gundam in a commecial immediately after the show.

-This is supposed to be the last episode of the series and yet what we get is an unsatisfying ending because the conflict with main villain isnt settled clearly. We dont see ribbons almark die and we are left to guess about his survival and potential strike back against humanity. With the movie coming out in 2010 it seems obvious that we will see him again. In many ways this isnt the final episode because sunrise is saying

"you wanna know what really happened to ribbons?? Pay for the movie in 2010! Buy the exia and 0 gundam until then hahaha!! fools..."

I cant help but feel unsatisfied with the idea that the main villain's story isnt resolved and it's because of a marketing ploy. I should not have to wait for movie in 2010 to see what happened to Ribbons.

Some confusing elements in the story:
-why is 0 gundam floating in space? Not explained.
-why doesnt ribbons kill setsuna after lopping off his GN drive? His MS clearly has an arm left to stab his cockpit. Why bother downgrading to the 0gundam to finish off setsuna when you clearly have a better chance in the reborn? Makes zero sense.
-How does ribbons attach the GN drive to the 0 gundam?
-why is patrick alive after being bombarded with 3 gagas? No explanation given.
-ribbons dead or not? what's the deal with jupiter? I guess i have to watch a movie in 2010 to find out.
-homer suicides (lol...wut?)

In summation, I cant help but feel that this episode was driven by marketing. This episode could have put have really been the final episode instead of 2nd last one. It could of avoided a bunch of logical inconsistancies if it just stuck to the 00/reborn fight instead of show casing the 0 gundam/exia with GN sword III for sales purposes. Ribbons could of been shown dead if not for the movie in 2010. Overall it's a weak ending to a series.
I agree on the marketing though in this case its clearly Bandai with its hand in this.

"Buy more Exia Gundams, buy the 0 Gundam!"

That's the reason I gave it a one, my actual grade would be more like 7, due to the fact that the fight was excellent. Lyle, and Halle did something, but Patrick is shown alive for no reason (other than a Running Gag), we don't see Ribbons die (which is most likely just to drag a movie out of this), all the talk about Celestial Being paying for their crimes was simply talk(why even have it in their)(, and Homer's death makes no sense on any level.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:25   Link #543
gaoyuanyuan1

There aren't any clear explanation to Aeolia's plan and many answers left, maybe they plan on next season? I don't really feel this is the ending at all.

Just wonder where Al and Marie are heading to?
gaoyuanyuan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:26   Link #544
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post

That's the reason I gave it a one,
So? Don't buy them. What would you care...

Someone want's to buy it, they will. Someone want's to make a custom Stord III for Exia, they will...

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:26   Link #545
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post

Nobody from what I saw nobody made any silly explanation of Ribbon being dead.
This is from a person you quoted:
like I sad, ep 25 is such disappointment that it's almost like a b**ch slap to me. If Ribbon lives after being stabbed with a big ass sword and blow up then I question WHY WASN'T ANEW ALIVE AS WELL?! I mean she just just blown up and not stabbed!

if that isn't silly I don't know what is. He ignores the location of the stab wound (upper chest, NOT the cockpit), and the fact that if Ribbons is dead then so is Setsuna because the were both exposed to the explosions because of the slashes on their cockpits.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:30   Link #546
ErianMyra
Asylum Escapee

Anyone else get the feeling they were watching Arbalest vs. Codarl when Exia "released" and RAN (complete with thump thump thump) at O Gundam? I kept thinking: WOW SETSUNA WENT LAMBDA DRIVE! And isn't the model designer for Exia the same guy as for FMP?
ErianMyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:31   Link #547
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
I agree on the marketing though in this case its clearly Bandai with its hand in this.

That's the reason I gave it a one, my actual grade would be more like 7, due to the fact that the fight was excellent. Lyle, and Halle did something, but Patrick is shown alive for no reason (other than a Running Gag), we don't see Ribbons die (which is most likely just to drag a movie out of this), all the talk about Celestial Being paying for their crimes was simply talk(why even have it in their)(, and Homer's death makes no sense on any level.
Again for me the fight between those two had bigger meaning than marketing. Also CB's job isn't done yet, there could be more conflict in the future. All they did was letting people choose their own path contrary to some of the things that people expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaoyuanyuan1 View Post
There aren't any clear explanation to Aeolia's plan and many answers left, maybe they plan on next season? I don't really feel this is the ending at all.

Just wonder where Al and Marie are heading to?
Because it isn't the ending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
This is from a person you quoted:
like I sad, ep 25 is such disappointment that it's almost like a b**ch slap to me. If Ribbon lives after being stabbed with a big ass sword and blow up then I question WHY WASN'T ANEW ALIVE AS WELL?! I mean she just just blown up and not stabbed!

if that isn't silly I don't know what is. He ignores the location of the stab wound (upper chest, NOT the cockpit), and the fact that if Ribbons is dead then so is Setsuna because the were both exposed to the explosions because of the slashes on their cockpits.
he didn't say Ribbon was dead, he said why couldn't Anew have survived f Ribbon lived as well. Pretty big difference, you should read more carefully.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:32   Link #548
nutype
Future MD

Quote:

alleluja: i have commited so many crimes...i shall pay for my sins one day...

*backpacks through europe with girlfriend*

alleluja: one day...

yes with homer my problem is how his character just seems totally unnecessary. He didnt do anything, I'm wondering if he even needed to exist to begin with much like Marina. It's the final episode so they just seemed to rush it up with seppuku to tie up loose ends and have Marina wave to a crowd.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:32   Link #549
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i knew that they are gonna do something similar to GW, aka a continuation movie
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:40   Link #550
miles316

Smile Movie

will the movie have a original story taking place after episode 25, or will it be a reediting of the series to a movie length.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:41   Link #551
tetsuo69

after re- watching the ep with subs, i change my opinion and give the ep a 8/10.
i expect something really good in the movie.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:41   Link #552
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles316 View Post
will the movie have a original story taking place after episode 25, or will it be a reediting of the series to a movie length.
uhh taking place after ep 25. almost for sure.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:46   Link #553
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
His suit is already is critical condition. Besides, it is easier to take one drive first from the severed arm, then coming back for another.
Not true, he had PLENTY of time to take out a saber and stab Setsuna in the cockpit before his Gundam started to smoke and go into warning.

Instead he decided to keep his hands full and escape.

Note that Setsuna was UNCONSCIOUS.

There is absolutely no excuse for that to happen.

Apart from of course, Ribbons wasn't as smart as he thought was
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:50   Link #554
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I give the episode a solid 7. Expected a crescendo but it seems episode 24 stole that spot. This episode was more like a big-bridge epilogue to me.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:50   Link #555
helois

someone can tell me where came from this Exiaaaaa???? WTF??? XD XD XD

Halle is great,but he merged with the 00raiser in trans-arm,but in that moment there isn't nothing... °_°

2010 movie... i hope they fill all the holes opened...
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 16:00   Link #556
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
alleluja: i have commited so many crimes...i shall pay for my sins one day...

*backpacks through europe with girlfriend*

alleluja: one day...

yes with homer my problem is how his character just seems totally unnecessary. He didnt do anything, I'm wondering if he even needed to exist to begin with much like Marina. It's the final episode so they just seemed to rush it up with seppuku to tie up loose ends and have Marina wave to a crowd.
I have no problem if it was presented like a karma thing, but Katie states that she will punish Sumeragi for her actions and never does.

In the case of Marina and Homer I think they where added without thinking about what would happen to him before hand.

"Setsuna needs a love interest in the first season", "The A-Laws need a leader"

"What do we do with Marina"
"Stash her with some kids until we think about what we want her to do"

"What do we do with Homer"
"Make him seem less like a nutjob than the rest of the A-Laws leadership"

I mean look why the hell is a guy whose 1/4th Japanese basically stuch with a personality from 1800's Japan? How the hell does he have no control over Arthur Goodman, theirs a reason why Generals are not given the ability to launch nuclear bombs.
Old 2009-03-29, 16:01   Link #557
MeesesGlokmah

I liked the episode only for the fight scenes. For an ending to a show (without taking the movie into consideration), it was just alright for me. Nothing special.
Old 2009-03-29, 16:02   Link #558
deliriousone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
3 years is not a long time.
What actual movie came out 3 years ago? Unless you are considering the compilations as real movies, which would be silly.

I gave it a 7. The fights scenes were rather splendid, but the ending just made me feel disappointed. Reasonable ending, but not something that fulfilled the joy of these 2 seasons. Hopefully the movie can end better. Although I do wonder how these aliens will look like.
deliriousone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 16:07   Link #559
Xymor

Wow how did Ribbons retrofitted the GN Drive in the 0 Gundam? Ultimate plug and play!

This must the first time gundam gets a downgrade for the final fight. Even so the sword fight in the moon was cool.

This ending was kind meh but L'arc~en~ciel saved it in the end.

Now let's wait for the movie with the real ending.

Also, what's with Anew Returner's clone?
Xymor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 16:14   Link #560
Charred Knight

It's Marina she's been written horribly since the second season began, why the hell do you think they would start writing her well now.

She's clearly a failed attempt to recreate Relena because they forgot to give her character development

and pants, Relena's secret is her amazing pants.